View Poll Results: Would it work?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 16.67%
  • No, it would be a bad move (explain why).

10 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organizing society according to the quadras

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    It's not debatable. Most African countries by in far believe in the death penalty, and heavy penalties for homosexuals. You don't understand that preference for information metabolism can have a limited affect on beliefs on some major issues.

I'm curious about your type now, F is possible.
    If you actually went and gathered the opinions of all the people in said country, in private, I bet you would find their stances on the issue are varied.

I might give off an "F" vibe (just demonstrating your poor grasp of the theory -- in socionics, MBTI dichotomies are not usually used) but at least I'm not a shit-stirrer whose negativity is splashing every single thread that he interacts in (as evidenced in this thread and many others), squashing any potential said thread might have had.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    What emotional fight? I'm all well and think it's trivial, consequently you should opt to do it since the weight's on your side. Hm, neither can you tell if I like you or not while the latter is clearly the case
    :yawn: I'm not even sure of the point of this conversation, you just sort of weirdly appeared screaming stuff and continued with strange conversations. No offence to you, but i'll stick you on ignore, I sometimes forget and then engage in weird conversations again. Ciao

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    If you actually went and gathered the opinions of all the people in said country, in private, I bet you would find their stances on the issue are varied.

I might give off an "F" vibe (just demonstrating your poor grasp of the theory -- in socionics, MBTI dichotomies are not usually used) but at least I'm not a shit-stirrer whose negativity is splashing every single thread that he interacts in (as evidenced in this thread and many others), squashing any potential said thread might have had.
    That's got no basis on fact. What's the point in having a discussion if you're just going to have it purely on the basis of your emotional opinion? How is that T?

All will be revealed eventually Peace.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

:yawn: I'm not even sure of the point of this conversation, you just sort of weirdly appeared screaming stuff and continued with strange conversations. No offence to you, but i'll stick you on ignore, I sometimes forget and then engage in weird conversations again. Ciao
    What, this is so confusing

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, this is so confusing
    I've seen other F types do the same thing, when's somethings understood, they try to attack the point by claiming not to understand. Primarily I've seen it in Fe ego's. It seems like a weird way to behave to me, which is a detriment to the forum: there's no apparent way to understand certain people on it, so, rather than them engaging in disrespectful conversations, I just put them on ignore.

My questions this, if two people as you say, don't get on, what's your solution to that? My solution is, they either agree to work together and put sentiments aside, or they just ignore each other? The second option seems to be the most realistic solution on forums.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the real problem in a socionics divided world would be... the infinite quarrels inside the quadras because obviously none is the type they claim to be! how can u be in MY QUADRA if ure so ugly/stupid/i dont like u/ u said so to x/u did this in y/z/q/1/2/3 blah blah blah

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah ugly people in my quadra is a real problem

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this kinda sounds like the divergent series where they're split up by factions but then conflict happens before they decide not to do that anymore

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My questions this, if two people as you say, don't get on, what's your solution to that? My solution is, they either agree to work together and put sentiments aside, or they just ignore each other?
    There's a third. They become reality show stars to make money off their disagreements and foolishness. In 2018, you don't need TV channels to facilitate that. It can also be done on YouTube or other mediums. Anyone can monetize rivalry

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bert IKR :-p

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How do you guys manage to turn every thread into an opportunity to bash others' understanding of socionics?

Anyway, no. I think that a divided and controlled society is a sick society. I want to see all the shades of human nature, from blue to violet to olive green and teal. I don't want to see the same yellow-hue picture everytime I get out of bed.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If it were based on quadra as well as nationality, it might work, assuming you have an accurate (99.9%) test for Socionics type.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I considered this idea years before, but realized the main problem with it is families. My parents are Deltas, and one of their kids is a Beta. This happens. And families would likely not want to be split up. Even if the oddball was raised in Delta area but moved to Beta area later, his childhood could be worse with no same-quadra-ites around.
    That's why you develop a test that's objective and highly accurate. And have people in place for the outliers for whom the test didn't work the first time. The test comes at birth, so you don't have to deal with issues of starting out in the wrong quadra.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    That's why you develop a test that's objective and highly accurate. And have people in place for the outliers for whom the test didn't work the first time. The test comes at birth, so you don't have to deal with issues of starting out in the wrong quadra.
    So you would take people's babies and send them to another quadra? These women just spent nine months bonding with that baby. You'd be murdered.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So you would take people's babies and send them to another quadra? These women just spent nine months bonding with that baby. You'd be murdered.
    I doubt if it were the social norm that would happen. Besides, maybe they would get a baby in return.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That would be the cruelest part

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Besides, maybe they would get a baby in return.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That would be the cruelest part
    Cruel for whom? Cruel for the mother, or the child? If growing up in an out of quadra environment is so bad, isn't the child being damaged something that matters too? Seems like you two are just thinking about the mother's feelings, not the child's needs. Don't you care about that?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cruel for whom? Cruel for the mother, or the child?
    Both. The child also spent nine months bonding with the mother. And there are biological factors involved. I'm fully supportive of adoption, but it is healthier for the child to grow up with both biological parents if possible, even if they're the wrong quadra.

I suggest waiting until teenage years to take the kid away. There would probably be no protest from either.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I doubt if it were the social norm that would happen. Besides, maybe they would get a baby in return.
    Hahaha. "Sorry, little Timmy. We'll get you another dog."

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Both. The child also spent nine months bonding with the mother. And there are biological factors involved. I'm fully supportive of adoption, but it is healthier for the child to grow up with both biological parents if possible, even if they're the wrong quadra.

I suggest waiting until teenage years to take the kid away. There would probably be no protest from either.
    I doubt the child would know the difference. Many kids who are adopted are surprised to find out later on. What kinds of biological factors are involved?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I doubt the child would know the difference. Many kids who are adopted are surprised to find out later on. What kinds of biological factors are involved?
    Well, first with the mother's body being prepared to nourish a kid, and particularly that one, though if two newborns were switched right away it may not be an issue. But later on, genetic issues that the parents would be familiar with and know how to handle if it's something that runs in the family would cause more problems if the child's family doesn't have that background. Like some families are more stubborn-willed, or some have greasier hair, or a stomachache from certain foods. These can all be worked around with attention and patience, but it's simpler to let the kid be raised with their biological parents until they're aware of the nuances of their own physical body.

Have you heard of "the mother's curse?" It's a thing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, first with the mother's body being prepared to nourish a kid, and particularly that one, though if two newborns were switched right away it may not be an issue. But later on, genetic issues that the parents would be familiar with and know how to handle if it's something that runs in the family would cause more problems if the child's family doesn't have that background. Like some families are more stubborn-willed, or some have greasier hair, or a stomachache from certain foods. These can all be worked around with attention and patience, but it's simpler to let the kid be raised with their biological parents until they're aware of the nuances of their own physical body.

Have you heard of "the mother's curse?" It's a thing.
    Genetic issues are something that should be part of a medical history. I'm fairly certain that can be worked with through collaboration with medical professionals. Same thing goes with allergies, etc.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would be the actual benefit, anyways? Easier communication? That would be easily offset by making the quadra societies very inexperienced at working with each other. Given all the drawbacks, I don't know what the "good part" would be.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cruel for whom? Cruel for the mother, or the child? If growing up in an out of quadra environment is so bad, isn't the child being damaged something that matters too? Seems like you two are just thinking about the mother's feelings, not the child's needs. Don't you care about that?
    Yes, both. Blood's thicker than Gulenko hunty, and you can't know the needs better than a mom cuz yer a guy - maternal instinct is dead. If anything, mothers would decide this based on how they intuit their child which obviously cannot know its own needs at that age, it is dependent with good reason. The mother is the #1 reference point for its well-being. Once the child aligns with its independent needs and has the will of pursuit, then it is time to give a chance to part. Damaging is plain hyperbole, a bad ITR != abuse. There are many ITRs of varying degrees of difficulty in the first place, like wouldn't you want to keep semi-duals together even if the quadra's off? Where does that dictatorial programme start and end? Of course we have to prioritize the mother's feelings. Moms rule, they made us. If we pulled something like that in society, they'd chew us out in a minute. You can only lose.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is another "what if?" question whose imagined consequences (arranging children with same Quadra parents) sound superficially appealing, but would conjure an agony if applied in practice. There is a deeply authoritarian assumption behind such an idea: that I, or the state (based on an abstract theory of personality) know what is best for you, better than you and your family do. The very fact that it was asked also raises a deeper question: do we overvalue Socionics? Do we (subconsciously) apply its postulates to every possible situation, therefore turning it from a theory into a system of belief? Perhaps we have become less objective than we'd like to think.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Kind of mentality in individual context which is obviously less brutal.

Anyways, I don't know. Kind of shuffling the deck of cards once again. The lottery of life.
    There are other factors like biology (nervous system etc).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    in many ways this happens already in an automatic way.
    Yeah, and this is really the only way it "should" happen, IMO.

If people are that attracted to each others' values, it makes sense they come together as a group, furthermore, if there is something binding a group composed of members of different quadras, maybe there is something else than socionics bringing them close or getting them to work together.

Socionics is fairly theoretical anyways, shouldn't be used for something as serious as organizing society. I don't really believe in "blueprints" for organizing society anyways, sounds like some statist's wet dream lol, no offense to the OP.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Organizing society at all beyond protecting basic human boundaries, and the absolute basic needs of populations, is a bad idea.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that most organizations function more optimally with a diversity of perspectives and leadership styles, though
    depending on the type of organization or the desired society
    , the distribution of said styles and perspectives need not be even. I'm not against assigning specific quadras and types to certain roles to which they may be better suited within those organizations, though it should be followed as a loose guideline more than as a hard rule saying people of a given quadra can only serve in a certain type of role within an organization or society.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in similar way russias communism was created. Some alpha came up with theory and then some gamma sold it to the society.
    Anyway, I think it's ridiculous idea, the most important are the closest relationships and they are self-forming. I am usually hired by alphas and I stick with them. Sometimes there's gamma boss but the main team is alpha sometimes someone beta or delta.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12