Thread: ILE/ENTp Observations & Type Description by Functions

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILE/ENTp Observations & Type Description by Functions

This is a work in progress, I didn't like the quadra descriptions that I gave, so I'm taking somewhat of a different angle by characterizing the types individually. These are only observations that I can think about this type off the top of my head, so it's by no means a type description. However, if I'm able to flesh out the description some more, it might be able to become a full-fledged type description in the future. Constructive feedback would be most helpful.

I1

ILEs have a natural ability to comprehend the essence of the ideas, theories and phenomena that interests them. With a great curiosity towards how the world works, ILEs will frequently invest their efforts to seek out an eclectic range of perspectives and viewpoints to conceptualize their understanding of a topic. When the ILE has exhausted the potential of an idea, they will switch to another idea that captures their interest, occasionally interrupting whatever progress they had made on the previous idea.

L2

The process by which the ILE is able to formulate and categorize information into a logical structure is quick, making sense of the knowledge that they've acquired with ease. ILEs have the propensity to use logic as a tool to analyze a theories from multiple angles, determining what is central to that theory while reducing the parts that are extraneous information. These types thrive in open settings of discussion and debate, where they can use prepositions, predicates, dialectics and analogies that can be applied to fields where problems such as these are numerous in like mathematics, philosophy and computer science for instance.

F3

When placed in a situation where they are under pressure to take action, ILEs can grudgingly take charge in a position of leadership to resolve a situation. They are aware of the need to be assertive and confrontational when necessary, yet this will almost never be the first choice of action for ILEs as their inclination is to search for a more unconventional and interesting way to deal with a problem. In the presence of a more competitive environment where people are actively focused on accomplishing their goals, ILEs are disinterested in having to acclimate themselves to the fixed standards of competition as to avoid putting themselves under persistent stress. ILEs would much rather seek a more laid-back, soothing haven as a place to retreat to, for the purpose of regaining composure when things get too tough.

R4

Interpreting the personal attitudes, sentiments and feelings of others is an area in which the ILE has difficulty evaluating and is relatively oblivious to. On occasion, this obliviousness can manifest as in ILEs not having a clue what level of closeness other people have in relation to them. ILEs are typically drawn away from forming value judgements, finding the degree of personal bias when forming moral imperatives to be immeasurable and ineffective when more objective perspectives exist.

S5

Frequently, ILEs will get so caught up in their hobbies, work and activities that they can neglect their physical needs. This type has a habit of getting so invested in the intellectual development of their ideas that they lose sight of the specific details of what exactly they need to take care of in their daily routine. ILEs can find it disorienting when having to determine what would make them feel comfortable themselves, though when a pleasurable source of comfort is found, the ILE indulges in this activity with minimal self-restraint to calm their active mind. Furthermore, this quality of absent-mindedness can cause the ILE to underestimate the impact the physical environment has on their internal needs. However, ILEs treat others with great appreciation when their sensory needs are looked after by someone who is both willing and able to address them.

E6

ILEs are often motivated to present themselves as witty, jovial and animated individuals for the sake of being liked and to incur a positive response from someone. However, ILEs can lack the ability to regulate this themselves and can be unaware of whether or not they've said something tasteless or obscene. When pointed out to them directly though, they might feel hurt in response to this rejection and may revert back to an more comfortable attitude of impersonality to avoid future criticism. Despite this, ILEs greatly appreciate an atmosphere of outward optimism and lightheartedness where they can unwind and be themselves in.

T7

Although capable of accentuating the depth of their understanding of a subject, the area of an ILE's expertise typically extends to a broad range of abstract and theoretical topics. ILEs find focusing on the same subjects for too long to be limiting on their ability to think creatively about the subject and will want to move onto something that is more interesting to them. Furthermore, ILEs prefer to figure out for themselves whether something will work or not, consciously rejecting projected outcomes that refute the potential the ILE sees in it. This type seldom delves into a state of reflection on the future ahead of them, often feeling disinclined to fixate themselves to a linear path in life. To counteract this problem, ILEs are motivated to find a lifestyle that will allow them to pursue their peculiar hobbies with ease.

P8

Over the course of their lives, ILEs will accumulate a rather dense stockpile of factual information that they can rely on to come up with pragmatic solutions to everyday problems. Though ILEs tend not focus exclusively on using their knowledge this way and are quite comfortable to learn for learning's sake. The ILE interprets the usefulness of facts as equivocal to the diverse potential of it in application.

Here is the source material from my blog: http://socionicsdatabase.blogspot.com/2018/01/ile-observations.html

TIM
    Ne/Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonia View Post
    ILEs are often motivated to present themselves as witty, jovial and animated individuals for the sake of being liked and to incur a positive response from someone. However, ILEs can lack the ability to regulate this themselves and can be unaware of whether or not they've said something tasteless or obscene.
    I think this behavior is quite common in ILEs (speaking as one), even older ones are inclined to make "out-of-place" comments or joke ALL the time. I've a few ILE professors that might go on rants about politics which are irrelevant to the subject in hand, or make questionable jokes in order to get the class' attention. I wonder if that's a result of Fi-POLR "not being able to read the mood" or just Fe seeking for approval/lightening the mood. The difference between an EIE/ESE and an ILE/SLE doing it is that the former group can use Fi and so they know when it's too much and when to stop. The latter group will stop only if told so explicitly or after clearly offending someone.
    The younger ILEs I've met so far have all had this obscene joke trait, and not so (all) the younger SLEs, which makes me think that it might be some Si-suggestive thing (unmet "needs", which they openly signal in order to find someone who can help deal with them).

Just some thoughts.