Thread: What type does this person sound like to you?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What type does this person sound like to you?

Last edited by Aster; 08-09-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE-Si (maybe 6w7)
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought ESE, though some things maybe sounded a bit more EIE or ESI-ish.
    Let me know if you want a more detailed commentary.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI-Si
    Disregard for sales, wasting tons of petrol, going outto eat often regaredless of cost - te polr over role imo
    extremely good at picking clothes for other people: very high si
    very judgmental about cleanliness etc, obsessed with cleaning- 4D si
    good giftgiver -4d Si
    spends tons of money on others - high si + weak devalued te
    not a big social circle of friends: probably introvert wants everyone to be nourished but cannot evaluate the quality of food: high si but low te

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asteria View Post
    Description:

This person is very nurturing and caring, especially with their direct family. But very hospitable in general to all. They want to ensure that everyone is comfortable, eats enough and healthy, but isn't always a good judge of what is 'healthy', like justifying pizza is good for you because it has tomato sauce and cheese on it. suggests high Fe/Si but low Te

They are very judgmental about the cleanliness of other people and will define people as clean or dirty, and be like, "Don't eat anything out of their fridge because they aren't very clean." Si, but is it strong?

Washing hands several times a day, bleaches things very throughly, is scared of germs. Will intently look at silverware and drink in restaurant for anything on it. again, Si but sort of neurotic about it

Likes shopping. Shops very often. Will spend very lavishly. Brand name is very important. Will not shop off sale racks or at lower end stores. Does not care about bargains. Thinks being on sale might make it seem lesser, and likes focusing on the new things. some excessiveness here, most typical of Se valuing ethical types

Is very good about picking clothes out for other people and what goes with what, who looks good in what. Extremely good at this. strong Se/Si/Fe

Does not like to cook at all. If they make meat, will wash hands repeatedly, bleach sink several times. Eats out at restaurants very often, or eats microwaveable foods like lean cuisines. Very rarely makes own food. Will not let dirty dishes set in sink, or very long at all. Cleaning lady complains about house being too clean, and shouldn't have to come as often, but person is insistent about having house cleaned every week.

Makes sure family is warm in their clothes and looks nice. Will buy things for family over self. But is not comfortable with decorating, even though they don't seem terrible. Seems envious of others decorating skills. Does not craft or anything, hang up decorations very often, not very many pictures on walls. A very organized and highly responsible person, and not messy at all.

Will waste a lot of gas driving around. Like going to one town because they like one grocery stores meat, and then stopping by home, and then going to another city to another grocery store, and then driving to another city. And then the next day driving to one of the cities they went to the day before to go shopping. Can be sort of 'all over the place.' Making their significant other go, "Why did you just drive there again? You were just there?". again, weak logic (logistics - Ti) but suggests a high level of activity (Se)

Is late a lot, most of the time, sometimes very late. Is predictable in their lateness. Will say, "I'll be right back." And be gone for an hour. Inside a convinience store. Can be slow doing things, because they take their time, or time wasting. Besides that, is very reliable, even if late. not to imply Ni = time but this kind of inability to plan does seem like weak Ni

Buys a lot of food, and will throw food away, even before expiration date, because they are afraid it has gone bad. Throws food away a lot, which angers their significant other. Can seem wasteful.

Health is a big fixation for them. Goes to the doctor and for check ups often, even if a little sick with fear that it could turn into something major. again this just sounds like a neurosis and is not necessarily type-related in a clear way

Can talk for hours on the phone, often repeating themselves, or following the same themes, which revolve a lot around their weight, health, and finances. Very rarely getting to the point, which sometimes annoys others. well, this could definitely rule out some types but nothing we don't know already

Has high energy, wakes up in the middle of the night to clean. Seems anxious. again, energy in the sense of Se

Likes being around successful people, prestige, or wanting to live lavishly. Saying things like, "Their husband is a plastic surgeon, and they live in (certain rich area). If so and so got a job like that, you could live there too." But when told not everyone wants that, they seem confused about why not. This is almost always more likely for an Se valuing ethical type, it's hard to reconcile with ESE.

Not always the best judge of how someone would react to a situation. They might do something, and then be surprised at how someone reacts. Like I might tell them, 'they won't like that.' And then they might wonder why. low Fi?

Accepting and friendly. Can talk to people for hours. Not pushy, can be a pushover and let people walk all over them, let people talk to them terribly and they will not do anything about it. Is very fast to forgive. Very forgiving person. Not prone to holding grudges. Doesn't seem to have any very strong opinions about anything that they assert. Is open minded. <-- probably the biggest evidence against SEE

Is very honest in business dealings, always wants to pay for others meals when meeting for lunch, Insistent about it, and lavish with presents for others. Gives things a lot. Very understanding and conscious of what others like for gifts. Gives very good gifts for this reason. seems somewhat more Fe leading

Very traditional but accepting of others that are different from them, but seems uncomfortable about darker psychological aspects of people. Avoids anything unpleasant. Does not like 'weird' things. arguably points to ESE > EIE

Likes reading gossip magazines and keeping up with the latest trends. Always knows what's popular or in style. Let's kids read or watch whatever they want and supportive of whatever they want to do for a living, offering to help them become whatever they want. Not a very strict parent. Pretty lax. Doesn't enforce rules or set a curfew. Doesn't get mad over their grades, but tells them they can just try to do better. Is a very comforting and warm person,, but sometimes overbearing and anxious, especially when it comes to their health and safety. Is very worried about their loved ones in 'dangerous situations'.

Is rarely home but they've never had a lot of friends, as in a social circle, but a few ones they hang out with. But they don't seem very close to these people, more just like people to do things with. Spends most time going places with family, shopping, out to eat... again, more high activity in the sense of Se and Fe

Very into getting kids involved in sports and different hobbies, often taking the initiative to spark an interest. If they show an interest with anything, will support the idea and enthusiastically takes the steps to get them involved in it. Fe leading
    I think EIE is somewhat more plausible looking at it a second time.
    There is some contradictory information here, so I would consider if she is really concerned about people's comfort and wellbeing, on a similar or higher level to how they appear / status symbols. (Being neurotically obsessed with cleanliness is not necessarily a sign of valued Si.)
    SEEs, even though they can be friendly, open people will have moments of "toughness" where they challenge their loved ones to improve themselves and go beyond their comfort zone.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like an EIE.

EIEs have Si polr but are incredibly tidy, fastidious about germs and cleanliness. Some EIEs I know are almost hypochondriac like and OCD about the cleanliness. All the EIEs I know are far more tidy than me. They tend to look flawless as well, perfectly applied skin care, make-up, clothing. Whereas the ESE might look more thrown together (still nice like the EIE but more natural/casual).

ESE cares about Si, but in the sense that they will say things more like "you look feverish are you ok?" or "you seem hungry, we should eat." ESE is more interested in the sensations someone might be feeling than the cleanliness.We care about cleanliness but from an Si aesthetic purpose not from an Si health purpose so much. ESE is more maternal/paternal in their concern i.e. "oh I hope he is ok- he looked cold without a sweater on". Will openly express these concerns with others about the inner states of someone. But it all comes back to being about an inner state.

I have a close EIE family member who cooks for me and is always nervous about the meal, how it was prepared etc. ESEs just want you to enjoy the meal.

ESEs don't always care about the health of the food content, but moreso that it makes the person eating it "happy". I will buy snacks for my friends that are not healthy but my main goal is to make them happy not healthy.

In terms of home, lifestyle etc EIE will have things/furniture etc. that look nicer than the ESEs often. But for the ESE its about how the object (food, clothes, bedding, furniture) will feel to them internally. My EIE friends have nicer homes, furniture, clothes that have a polished perfect look to them. Things in my home are about how they "feel".

Also, talking about prestige and jobs tends to be Se mobilizing.

I have also known EIEs to be lavish with gifts, and quite anxious. EIEs are quite ethical in their concerns as well, but more in regards to humanity and the bigger picture.
    EIEs I know don't know how to relax (maybe Si polr). FWIW ESE don't relax either due to Ni polr.
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 01-16-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds a lot like my mom. ESE.

Is late a lot, most of the time, sometimes very late. Is predictable in their lateness. Will say, "I'll be right back." And be gone for an hour. Inside a convinience store. Can be slow doing things, because they take their time, or time wasting. Besides that, is very reliable, even if late.
    Haha that's such a Ni polr thing to do. And the reliability imo comes from Te role.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But she is pretty restless always, like she can't set down and relax. There is no setting down and watching a movie with her because she gets up several times to do other things.
    That's 4D Se. Which ESEs, LSEs, SLEs and SEEs all have.

She seems to look down on laziness, like if people aren't doing something and out there making money, she seems to think they are lazy, like this is a really bad thing.

Sounds like Gamma Te valuing superficially, but also could be any quadra really. My alpha ESE mom has said stuff like this before too... You said she looks down on dirtiness more than laziness, which really points to Si valuing.

Based on other stuff you told me, SEE is a small possibility but she sounds very much EJ temp over EP.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference between Si in ESE and EIE, is that the ESE wants others to be relaxed and happy. They will also be on the look-out for colds, chills, illnesses etc in a maternal way and make suggestions as to how that person might feel better (i.e. "would you like a cup of tea?").

In the EIE they are all quite fixated on germs, cleanliness and the external cleanliness of a space. Germs to an ESE are like "meh", they are attuned to the internal state. They are the ones on WebMD dx people in their family and worried they have a serious illness.

And EIE is more likely to comment on the health properties of a food than an ESE. ESEs generally trust in what is delicious, people will enjoy but the EIE is more of a nervous cook. If they don't need to cook I noticed they will eat small snacks through the day and avoid home cooked meals.

"Does not like to cook at all. If they make meat, will wash hands repeatedly, bleach sink several times. Eats out at restaurants very often, or eats microwaveable foods like lean cuisines. Very rarely makes own food. Will not let dirty dishes set in sink, or very long at all. Cleaning lady complains about house being too clean, and shouldn't have to come as often, but person is insistent about having house cleaned every week.

Makes sure family is warm in their clothes and looks nice. Will buy things for family over self. But is not comfortable with decorating, even though they don't seem terrible. Seems envious of others decorating skills. Does not craft or anything, hang up decorations very often, not very many pictures on walls. A very organized and highly responsible person, and not messy at all."

This is very EIE like. I grew up with an EIE mother and no one could ever believe how to kept our home so clean without a cleaning service. It was immaculate. The furniture was beautiful but so uncomfortable. Her style was overly decorated, less natural looking, like someone out of a magazine. When she comes to visit me she will find little dusty corners of my house to clean. She can't relax, or enjoy a movie because she is always cleaning. Also she is forever nervous after every meal that people enjoyed it/ are full etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asteria View Post
    I've considered ESE, SEE and EIE the most.
    "Not pushy, can be a pushover and let people walk all over them, let people talk to them terribly and they will not do anything about it. Is very fast to forgive. Very forgiving person. Not prone to holding grudges. Doesn't seem to have any very strong opinions about anything that they assert. Is open minded."

If this is correct, then you may exclude base Fe types.

P.S. the current avatar pic is better