Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Try VI-ing me?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Try VI-ing me?

Last edited by para; 03-28-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My impression is IEE 9w1, maybe EII. To me you seem like the easy-going type who likes to relax and connect with close friends.
    Last edited by Muddy; 01-13-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb SLI

update: after video is same main impression
    Last edited by Sol; 01-13-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. Interesting. I don't really seem to fit IEE or SLI. I clearly don't have Ti PoLR, and i'm not Ne-seeking either. I'm also not very relationship oriented, preferring to sit in my thoughts and observe myself form concepts. I kind of ''engulf'' myself in my thoughts and feelings and see myself ''perspectivate'', so to speak. I think EII is a slight possibility (though i'd have to be Ne-subtype then), but i'm not really Te seeking either. Relationships in general feel clunky and alien to me, not so much morals or ethics though, i am deeply interested in ethical and moral issues and ponder ''right and wrong'' frequently. I don't think i'm a Si-ego type either. I am simply too distanced from my bodily functions, needs and wishes. I am not very aware of what is going on in my body, and how to react to those feelings.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most tests type me as LII, IEI or ILI. An occasional EII or ILE. Enneagram tritype is almost always set as 4-9-5 or 4-5-9. Clear enneagram 4 though, even since early childhood.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm seeing LII.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by para; 03-28-2018 at 10:24 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    So I'm seeing LII.
    Me, too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII or EII, with the former being more likely. I'd also say Ne subtype based on your Enneagram Tritype.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That disco ball pic is just pure
    qhe1irzkwdrk7ll5wdsy.jpg
    (this is only via VI information so grains of salt)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely feel like an intuitive subtype, if i am indeed xII.
    Whenever i've tested as IxI in tests, i've got IxI-Ni too (when subtypes were involved)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the reason some tests type me as IxI is because i am pretty spontaneous and calm, i go with the flow.
    Can this be attributed to contact-subtype? Does xII-Ne with enneagram 4 make me appear more IxI?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    I think the reason some tests type me as IxI is because i am pretty spontaneous and calm, i go with the flow.
    Can this be attributed to contact-subtype? Does xII-Ne with enneagram 4 make me appear more IxI?
    Yes, definitely. Take into consideration that a xII-Ne (especially if Enneagram 4) has strengthened Intuition and Ethics, meaning that his Demonstrative is the strongest function of his Model A (4.5 D). The Intuitive Subtype is also the Irrational Subtype. For this reason, an xII-Ne would be more spontaneous/go with the flow than the average xII. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! That really does help, especially as to why i've identified with aspects of Ni descriptions in the past. How will i go about differentiating and understanding if i am Fi ego or Ti ego, though? An EII-Ne E4 would correspondingly have strengthened logic and intuition? Where are the key components that differentiate these types? Or is it not so simple? Thanks a ton for the information and help, by the way. It leads me to believe that i am, in fact, not a Ni-ego type.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you find it difficult to figure out your Leading Function, just focus on your Suggestive Function. Read the descriptions of and . Which one do you seek most of the times?

An EII-Ne has strengthened Logic and Intuition (Contact Functions: , , , ). For this reason, it's more similar to a LII or an ILI compared to the standard EII, let's say, a more "cerebral" version of the EII.

Since you're a 4w5, your is still pretty strong, even if you're not a -Ego.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more ''drawn'' to problems of an ethical nature, and it feels more natural to ponder them, but i'm more adept at solving logical dilemmas, specifically logic in philosophy. I have a tendency to act as the ''devils-advocate'' in argumentation. I'm still very slightly considering IEI-Ni, because of the E4 connection and poetic, indrawn tendencies i exhibit. I tend to think of ''things'' and ''phenomena'' in a very abstract, disoriented, poetic manner. It's almost as if the more abstract and metaphoric something is, the easier time i have of understanding it. Concrete descriptions are, for me at least, impossible to create and form in my head. If someone, for example, gave me directions, i would be completely lost. But i VI more like a XII, also in the video?

To answer your question, i definitely seek out Fe moreso than Te. But i can tire of Fe if it is frequently used by my peers or myself.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I ask you what's your SOLTI-160 report, if you've taken the test at least once?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not taken that test. I would love to give you my result, if it still is possible to take it?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not taken that test. I would love to give you my result, if it still is possible to take it?
    Yes, of course.

Here is the test:
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

160 questions, I recommend you to take it on your computer for several reasons.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

result.PNGInteresting! My result was ILI. I don't feel very connected to gamma values AT ALL though. I'm not at all focused on personal gain, at least in the concrete sense, moreso on personal (spiritual and mental) gain. I'm not very serious either, i'm just reserved and quiet, preferring to observe rather than inspire and be the center.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

result.PNGInteresting! My result was ILI. I don't feel very connected to gamma values AT ALL though. I'm not at all focused on personal gain, at least in the concrete sense, moreso on personal (spiritual and mental) gain. I'm not very serious either, i'm just reserved and quiet, preferring to observe rather than inspire and be the center.
    The test is screaming IxI-Ni. At this point, I think that IEI-Ni is the most likely type, since IEI and ILI are equally possible and you seem to exclude the latter. Be careful though, "Merry/Serious" is a dichotomy which has nothing to do with seriousness itself: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/r3t1. For any other help, I'm here.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, thanks! Would IEI-Ni make me appear more LII-Ne in person than the average IEI? Would you still VI me as LII, if you've seen the video? Thanks for all the help, it's all very concise and deep. (in a very Ti way, lol)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look like my INFJ friend from MBTI, which I translate into IEI but but.... one never knows : )

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think LII babbling something in Scandinavian with thick accent (maybe Danish?).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, thanks! Would IEI-Ni make me appear more LII-Ne in person than the average IEI? Would you still VI me as LII, if you've seen the video? Thanks for all the help, it's all very concise and deep. (in a very Ti way, lol)
    You're welcome! Yes, an IEI-Ni is the Alpha NT Subtype (more similar to a LII/ILE due to strengthened Logic and Intuition). Your VI is still very much LII, but I don't consider it an accurate way to type people. To confirm your type, try to read something about IEI's Model A, Ip Temperament, NF Club and Victim Romantic Style. I highly recommend it. As for my , I try to do my best!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think LII babbling something in Scandinavian with thick accent (maybe Danish?).
    Correct! Danish has been described as ''speaking with a potato shoved down your throat''.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@User Name
    Regarding the recommended reading material, i identify with a lot of NF values, mainly interest in humanitarian subjects, such as philosophy, music, literature and poetry over scientific fields which only interest me in some theoretical aspects. Victim romance style fits me to a tee, so i definitely identify with that. The problem is i feel decidedly Alpha. I very clearly fit, at least in social situations, in alpha quadra. In regards to model A, my PoLR could be both Se and Te, but i have basically no interest in applying myself in the external world, i would never want to be famous or anything. I feel no obligation to actually achieve something in the traditional sense, as i feel real achievements are made in the inner world. Also, my need for a pleasant environment and cozy atmosphere where i can relax seems undermined if i am indeed IEI.

I feel a little lost between LII-Ne and IEI-Ni, actually.

Is LII-Ne prone to ethical subjects regarding philosophy or literature? Not to say i don't enjoy logical endeavors, i am extremely fond of pondering metaphysical subjects as well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@User Name
    Regarding the recommended reading material, i identify with a lot of NF values, mainly interest in humanitarian subjects, such as philosophy, music, literature and poetry over scientific fields which only interest me in some theoretical aspects. Victim romance style fits me to a tee, so i definitely identify with that. The problem is i feel decidedly Alpha. I very clearly fit, at least in social situations, in alpha quadra. In regards to model A, my PoLR could be both Se and Te, but i have basically no interest in applying myself in the external world, i would never want to be famous or anything. I feel no obligation to actually achieve something in the traditional sense, as i feel real achievements are made in the inner world. Also, my need for a pleasant environment and cozy atmosphere where i can relax seems undermined if i am indeed IEI.

I feel a little lost between LII-Ne and IEI-Ni, actually.

Is LII-Ne prone to ethical subjects regarding philosophy or literature? Not to say i don't enjoy logical endeavors, i am extremely fond of pondering metaphysical subjects as well.
    Yes, LII-Ne could easily be into that stuff. Anyway, if you want to know my opinion, I think that Quardas are just misleading stereotypes. I've never really considered them.

If it can help, I'm posting an article about how I decided my type (LII/ILI in my case) so that you can find other new ways to type yourself: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...g-Final-Answer

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks, i'll check out that link.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ne lead, probably IEE over ILE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, all I can say about your babbling that it was about 20 % recognizable with some clear sentences (for me and my very rusty Swedish skills) here and there.

Could I consider IEE or ILE? Maybe. Clearly not very rationally focused and Ij stiffness is not there. Based on this I sill think very irrationally inclined LII but not going to exclude other ego types.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-ego does seem plausible, but Ti/Fi PoLR and Fe/Te Demonstrative? I can't see it in myself, personally. I think EII-Ne over IEE/ILE, at least.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, to expand on my way of thinking. I tend to find the answer in the ''problem'' so to speak. I don't necessarily answer problems definitely in my head, i moreso find the answer by asking the problem, if that makes sense. I tend to constantly build my system of thought by adding new axioms and definitions of phenomena. That's a least how i think, logically.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007

Definitely identify more with IP than IJ temperament, but i still feel too ''resolute'' and in need of conclusion in my thinking to be sure of Ixx type. I feel uneasy if i don't have resolution and certainty in some things, for example my sociotype, as i've been known to compulsively research and go over information until i develop a definitive answer.

This is partly because i tend to second-guess myself when thinking. I observe myself think more than i actually think of phenomena, because scanning myself instead of the object of phenomena tends to guide me closer to the truth, which often ends with me concluding that the issue is ineffable to my inherently subjective perspective.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've compiled all the tests with my results taken from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ocionics-Tests. Maybe the tests process my answers differently?

The Original Socionics Test by Sociotype.com - LII or EII
    34 questions

The Extended Socionics Test by Sociotype.com - LII-1Ne
    75 questions, including a Visual Identification (VI) component

Sociotypograph Reinin Dichotomies Test by Mikhail Zhilkin. - LII
    10 questions. Discussion thread.

The Splendid Socionics Test by Subteigh - ILI
    18 questions

Socionics Test by Socionictest.net - ILI
    40 questions

Shortened Online Form of Talanov's Inventory N/A
    160 ranking statements

Mnemonic Table of Socionic Types by Socioniko.net - IEI
    4 steps

Associative Socionics Colour Test (SCT) by Olga Tangemann - IEI
    24 questions

Socionics Test by Hugo - LII or IEI
    Requires downloading a .zip file to your computer

Socionics Type Assistant TURBO by Socionics.com - ILI
    4 questions

Socionics Type Assistant TURBO XL by Socionics.com - ILI
    54 questions

Socionics Type Assistant v1.6 by Socionics.com - ILI
    Select 60-90 words that describe you, and 60-90 words that do not

Socionics Test based on Information Elements - LII
    Score yourself on 100 one-word descriptors, and use a spreadsheet to evaluate those scores.

SOLTI Socionics Test - N/A
    Currently down - please check later.

Socionics tests (Russian sites)
    Google Translate links from Russian into English are provided. If Google Translate does not fully translate the pages or otherwise seem to work, you may have to manually copy and paste the Russian text into the translator.

Aspect-Association Test by Olga Tangemann [English] - IEI
    24 questions

Socionics Mini-test by Sociotest.narod.ru [English] - IEI
    4 questions

Determine Your Sociotype by Vitaly Vorobyov [English] - ILI
    Choose between 28 pairs of words

Reinin Dichotomy Calculator
    by Socionics.org [English] - IEE
    Choose the degree at which you identify with each Reinin dichotomy

Socionics Test by Bereg.ru [English] - ILI
    55 questions

Socionics Test by Igor Weisband [English] - IEI
    4 questions

Socionics Test by Valentina Meged & Anatoly Ovcharov [English] - LII
    4 questions

Socionics Test by Victor Blokhin [English] - ILI
    8 questions

Socionics Test by Victor Gulenko [English] - ILI
    68 questions

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is LII.

I understand Danish quite well. You seemed abstract and analytical.

Creative subtype (DCNH)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you mentioned music, it would be really interesting to know what kind of music.

If I understood correctly you also said something in the end about the challenges of learning Socionics. I see Socionics as an incredibly consistent phenomenon, so that means that time will do wonders. Simply by working with different people and observing one can learn it without having any clear understanding of the definitions. I typed myself and got a working understanding of Socionics without much theory. Just memorizing the types, functions and basic descriptions will take you far. And then real life experience will with time sharpen the picture more and more. That's what worked for me, of course other types and people might prefer other ways.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure of Ti/Fe over Te/Fi valuing now. Still not sure of Ni/Se vs Ne/Si, though. After reading about both i seem to have trouble understanding which of my functions are conscious, valued etc. How do i discern my preference and usage of Ne/Si vs Ni/Se? Thanks for all your help, i've gotten from considering six different types, to now having to pick between LII-Ne or IEI-Ni.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much of what you're talking about in this thread is circumstantial evidence that can only be related back to your type indirectly. Consider expressing your opinion of something non-socionics related at length. What do you think of Star Wars, say?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about filling out a questionnaire? Your test results are just confirming that you're a LII/ILI/IEI, nothing really helpful at this point...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast