Thread: Type me! Extended Questionnaire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me! Extended Questionnaire.

Hello!

I'm having a bit of trouble typing myself, so i thought i would fill out a questionnaire to guide you.

Sorry if my descriptions seem rambling, cryptic, random or overly simple, english is not my native language.

Thank you in advance.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I go to a musically oriented school. I’ve always been gifted musically, possessing perfect pitch and an interest in the musical. Music interests me on a very core level, how it relates to us, what it means when sound affects us emotionally and what these, abstract, nonverbal combinations of audio waves mean to us. Is it inherently such that music has emotional value, or is it something we’ve assigned to the term? I don’t really like going to school. It feels restrictive and vapid in many ways. Thinking almost seems discouraged.
    What are your values, and why?
    Qualities I value most have to do with integrity of thought. Humbleness in the face of your own subjectivity. Use the world to understand humanity, not humanity to understand the world. Understanding that which is greater seems impossible to me, but maybe there is something inherent in the world that defies ‘’understanding’’ in the traditional sense, that we can ‘feel’. I value people who are humble, who seem stupid to others, because they value non-understanding Instead of human arrogance. And by knowing that you know very little, you humble yourself to yourself and others. Honesty in ethic and thought go hand in hand IMO.
    What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    I dabble in composition and listen to music, I read books, I especially like reading philosophy of metaphysical or epistemological nature. I feel an innate need to understand myself, to understand myself by understanding how I think. I don’t think of phenomena as much as I think about me thinking of phenomena.
    Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    My family provide me with comfort and release from a long day. I like being able to have lengthy conversations with my mother about various subjects, she being an educated philosopher I enjoy her company as such. I don’t really have many friends, but I like people who approach me and who seem to place importance on some of the same things as I do.
    What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    Someone who seems to search and reflect with a distance, thus coming closer to me in a way. This seems to me to be only people who place an utmost importance on this reflection, though I know people do this differently.
    What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I’m incredibly lazy and inactive, so I get in trouble for that a lot. I generally keep out of people’s way, so I don’t get in conflicts a lot. When I do it’s because I feel the need to correct someone or discuss an idea, that they didn’t wanna discuss. I have a hard time reading people in regards to things like that.

How would your friends describe you?

Lazy, indifferent, sarcastic, arrogant, clever, erudite, dreamy, abstract, spiritual, inquisitive, independent, goofy, scathing, moody, metaphoric, stubborn. Some words my friends have used to describe me, at least the ones I remember.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    Don’t really know what people like about me. But I think my strengths lie in my ability to reflect on my own feelings and thoughts, and infer from them to the external. I am very good at seeing ‘’beneath the surface’’ and reveal things of symbolic or emotional meaning to myself.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I’m lazy and arrogant. I’m too focused on my thoughts and feelings to sufficiently deal with the real world. I’m unsociable and awkward in conversation. I can’t stand small talk and my sense of etiquette is not ideal.
    In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    My conceptualization of the world around me has a large effect on my stability in the external. I tend to get ‘’engulfed’’ in concepts and feel them in my soul when I am present. Again, the practical side of me is a lost cause. I am messy and lazy and I am busy with myself.
    What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Practical work, mundane tasks, things that require motor skills.
    I enjoy interpreting literature or poetry, reading and abstracting from various conceptual designs. Listening to music and connecting with my feelings and tender side.
    What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    No plans. Music conversatory maybe. My ‘’real’’ lifelong plan is to know myself. To find inner peace. I’ve always, even as a child, had an ideal of a ‘’Buddha’’ like figure, and wanting to find that rest.
    If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Reflect, read, sleep, listen to music, further my understanding of what is and that which confines the concepts within.
    What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits to tend to annoy you?
    I like people who converse in a dialectical manner. People who are insincerely emotional just to put on a show annoy me.
    What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    I don’t, lol. Chores are annoying and I wish I didn’t have to do them. They drain me emotionally, especially when they rip me out of my inner worldbuilding.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am very shy around strangers and even people I know. I am closed off, and have a hard time speaking.
    How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    Depends. I can either respond in kind or be really hurt. I tend to need emotional support sometimes, so even not supporting me sufficiently will offend me, in a way.
    What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    A man and a beetle have more in common than they don’t have in common.
    What did you do last Friday?
    I went home after school, I listened to music and read my book, I went to bed fairly late.
    What was your high school experience like?
    I still am In highschool. It’s not very fun and I feel out of place there. I feel isolated, like an alien that came by to check out planet earth, but everything is strange to him.
    Talk about a significant event from your life.
    The death of my dog left an impact, for sure. I think it cemented the concept of change, for me. That life and death aren’t far apart, that change is inevitable, and when I understood that change, I also understood the constancy of the world, the cycle that seems changing because we are small, but is constant in absolute terms.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I like the idea of children as a symbol of innocence, of prescence and inner purity, but they tend to annoy me greatly, since I hate noisy people. Children tend to be noisy and loud.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    To secure that they are thoughtful, and reflect upon themselves. That they are kind and merciful in thinking, humbleness in themselves. I would speak with them, discuss with them and instill a sense of wonder and smallness.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Lack of sleep tends to make me negative, nihilistic and empty inside. I turn to music and literature to ‘’cure’’ this. Also thought loops, that make me question my own sanity and I end up thinking that I’m gonna end in a loony house.
    How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    The way humanity regards itself as a whole is problematic. The way we position ourselves, and the way we interpret our perception is disastrous. I am a misanthrope at heart, even though I try not to be, it seeps out in moments of stress.
    What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    I tend to regress to thinking about the thing I want instead, and then I try again, with rejuvenation.
    Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    No, never. I tend to like being in the background, being devils advocate and helping to perfect. I’m shy and I like working alone. Other people drain me because they distort my vision of what I want.
    How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    I don’t get angry often. I’m a calm and collected person. When things or people are intrusive torwards my inner space, and rip me out of it, I can be annoyed or snappy. I want to have time to observe myself.
    What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I had a nice time conceptualizing and enjoying myself thinking of a particular parable I read.
    What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I don’t get enough sleep.
    What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    The very notion that words could somehow illuminate inherent meaning seems meaningless to me. I do find self reflection and improvement to be personally meaningful and important. To revise yourself and better yourself in this way.
    What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    Jerusalem, I love the history and spiritual atmosphere. I love biblical tales and the mysterious ancient vibe.
    How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Clothing that is nice to wear. I don’t care about my appearance.
    Do you like surprises?
    I don’t mind them. Sometimes they disturb me, sometimes they add to my day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should i record a video then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rube0275 View Post
    Should i record a video then?
    should

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rube0275

This is my try:

IEI-Ni

is easily your Leading IE. Although you mentioned the word "thinking" several times, I don't think you're a LII or an ILI (especially not a PoLR). Ip Temperament is also evident and your need for (SLE) furtherly defines it. Besides this, I'd say you're a 4w5 (459 Tritype). Hope it helps.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI was my thought also.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you guys see the Fe-ego in him? At first glance you seem ILI-Ni to me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Where do you guys see the Fe-ego in him? At first glance you seem ILI-Ni to me.
    Where's PoLR evidence, according to you?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems more likely to be Fe-PoLR than Fe-ego, IMO. He also seems Fi-Te valuing over Ti-Fe ''lazy, arrogant'' ''People who are insincerely emotional just to put on a show annoy me.''