Thread: Betas, and NFs speciffically, what is your experience with Si?

Default Betas, and NFs speciffically, what is your experience with Si?

Titleeeee.
    I'm very often typed as Beta NF (also my current typing) though one thing pecks my interest, and that is Si. It very often feels like I downplay Si for the sake of me fitting as a Beta NF more, which is not a very nice thing. It's like my Si is stronger than I make it out to be, however I know that it's not too high-dimensional since I don't have confidence in the states that i experience, nor manipulating them for my and others' wellbeing.

An example would be this: when I'm gone from my home for long, when I do come back, I can sense this *smell*. Not sure how to describe it, but it smells like *home*, a smell that can only be felt here. I also notice that every residence has a distinctive smell.

What is your experience with Si overal, betas?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I have a strong sense of smell... not sure how much that's related to Si.

Well Si is my role function, so I do it reasonably well but it's still kind of uncomfortable. When I have to make 'people comfortable/harmonious' by like asking them if they want a glass of water or something.... I can do it, but it still feels like an ESE or SEI is much more natural with it. Definitely feels mediocre and 2 dimensional-ish.

Your role function is your supervisor's Polr, which is interesting. Kinda like they can sense how you are faking it because it's not pushing their buttons or something? Like how it's all an act, because the real thing hurts so much more than that.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Do you find joy or feel an inner need in taking care of people and making them feel more comfortable?

I'm not sure if sense of smell is really related? I'd say I have an average sense of smell (and often times smells won't stick out to me, or I can ignore them because I am thinking about other stuff) but I do know other IEI's who do have a really strong sense of smell to the point of where they can't be around places with strong perfume smells, and they still don't value Si and would not even be mistaken for SEI.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Normal... is an illusion ♡ Chae's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE 3w4 SX/SO
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

+++Facts only+++
    Here in Beta, we accommodate nobody!

Hearts are wild creatures /// That's why our ribs are cages

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)

I am not comfortable with most bodily sensations, even pleasant ones, for very long. Many are just hormonal and pass but still. I am repelled by most tender touches or people trying to give me a massage that is not for medical reasons (like when I pulled my neck muscles and was in pain for weeks that was fine to have a pro do it). I know an EIE who completely dismisses anything Si related and for some weird reason liked to be tazed. It helps he was born without a sense of smell. He was shocked when I told him I didn't want to be around him anymore because he smelled different to me after awhile and it was making me sick to my stomach. I knew it was because I had lost my feelings for him. That did not go over well at all but he forced me to tell him what was wrong. I kept moving away from him, usually across the room and could still smell him. Even though he showered. He asked others to confirm what I said about his smell and they didn't pick up on it. He was not mating material. It was just a weird thing and I haven't really had that experience so strongly before him. I did notice when losing feelings for others little things would bother me about them too but usually not their smell. Just habits.

I tend to feel out of control and don't know what to do with it. I am responsive to a very few vibrations/frequencies/tones of voice. They are deeper. Like Tibetans monks chanting "Om". I like a lot more bass maybe but not too much. Still I feel I can't let myself completely relax into those pleasant sensations like others can. I have had people try to help me but it makes me more tense.'

A few people have been able to relax me enough to give into bodily sensations but I am often resistant. I am super sensitive to pain and rarely notice when I have to eat. In fact I don't eat until I am reminded most of the time because I prefer being in my own world doing my own thing. I have gone a whole day without drinking liquids. My doctor said I had long term dehydration which I have been trying to fix by setting reminders to drink a glass of water. I can sit in a lotus or semi lotus position for long periods of time and only know I am stiff when I stand up hours later.

If I meditate it is a little better and I can kind of melt into it for a little while. If someone physically touches me it breaks the spell. It is hard to explain. I have synesthesia so my Si (if responsible for it) is not wired right and signals get crossed. I have a strong sense of smell but my eyesight is not great without contacts or glasses. It is not awful according to my eye doctor but to me I swear I can't see anything in front of me without them. He said this should not be the case. Perhaps I blur my own vision in some way in order to focus on my third eye vision. I have been told I have a wolf like sense of smell. I pick up things others don't until I point it out. Maybe I have been around so many people who do not value Si that it just wasn't even a problem until I was around Si valuers who tried to put their icky hands on me. They were being pervy about it so that influenced my response. I was not interested in their advances.

Edit: since I was asked, I will clarify. I rented a room from a ESE and her EII bf. She was a very, um, open and kind of wacky person. A delta ST rented another room. He would always tell me I needed a massage because I do tend to sleep in odd positions and wake up with a sore neck or back. I don't start out in weird positions. One day I allowed him to try and "fix" my neck and the next thing I knew I was fighting him off me and literally had to hit him to keep him from putting his hand down my shirt. He knew I was serious and stopped. Apparently the ESE chick didn't think it was a big deal after I told her and she confronted him (I don't know what he told her happened) and let him stay (he was paying her a lot). I ended up moving out for that and other reasons. I didn't even have to live there so it wasn't a big deal to move but that whole experience living with a bunch of Si valuers was weird. Plus she gave my stuff away to people she thought needed it more or let people go through my stuff when I wasn't there. The delta ST guy was always in the room with the ESE when her bf wasn't around and they were giving each other massages. :/

So I don't think all Si valuers are "icky". lol
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-12-2018 at 06:02 PM.

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    My doctor said I had long term dehydration which I have been trying to fix by setting reminders to drink a glass of water. I can sit in a lotus or semi lotus position for long periods of time and only know I am stiff when I stand up hours later.
    I relate to both of these things, though I'm good about drinking now. I got sent to ICU once, and the doctors said my body was severely dehydrated so I had to get IV fluids for it... which kind of surprised me because I thought I had been drinking enough.

I also relate to the forgetting to eat thing. When I was not on remeron I would go all day without eating simply because I forgot to eat, then feel weak and get a headache and realize that I should probably eat something. Even on remeron I sometimes forget to eat now (especially if I am going through emotional turmoil). If I call my mom and tell her I don't feel well mentally, she tells me to eat something because she knows I don't put eating as my top priority. I have actually had people in the past like coworkers who were not able to believe or understand that I forgot to eat on a regular basis and struggled to gain weight because of it, and they accused me of lying about it.

I am not that sensitive to pain... at least, I don't think I am. I can get shots and not feel anything (unless I'm getting a shot in my stomach which freaks me out psychologically for some reason). I will often have cuts and bruises on my body and I won't know how I got them or where they came from. I also enjoy eating spicy food, unless it's something severely spicy. At the same time I sometimes get cramps so bad that I have passed out, and if I get a hangnail it will bother me and get on my nerves until I can find some clippers. I also hate the thought and physical feeling of having crumbs or dirt in my bed, or having sticky hands.
    Last edited by fox; 01-11-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Counter Joking 7 – cj7 Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    pariah
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, sometimes houses do have distinct smell. Hard to categorize smells.

Some sort of compound analysis from air/clothes/whatever probably reveals something about living habits.

It is quite funny to think how you can not really smell yourself/people that much besides the obvious. To untrained nose/brain (if could be done) grown in 'vacuum' it might be different experience.
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae

Have you seen the movie Hurricane Bianca? Great movie lol.

Hmmm, interesting, everyone. Yeah, so far, from what I can see, my Si is surely not as weak as some people who have replied on here. I have a sleeping schedule that I maintain in order to be healthy, and have three meals a day plus a few snacks thrown in there. I am always aware of what my body needs, though my predictions aren't accurate which often sends me into panic-mode ('Head hurts? It's surely a brain tumour'). I'm also very squeamish when it comes to sensations in my own body, although taking shots never really 'hurt' me- I did have a fear of needles as a kid, but it was an irrelevant fear, it passed after my first shot. I also hate certains sensations and I'm pretty picky about them (I have a skin treatment which requires me to use moisturizing masks and all sorts of crap, which i absolutely HATE how it feels on my face, it's cold, mushy and feels gross overall)

Keep it coming!

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Fwiw, I can get really squeamish over certain body stuff too. An acquaintance of mine was once going into detail about her mothers ovarian cancer scare and went into graphic detail about her mom's ovarian cysts bursting, and I could feel my whole body getting really hot and weak and I had to cut her off and excuse myself from the conversation and go outside to get some fresh air because I felt like I was going to faint, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Fwiw, I can get really squeamish over certain body stuff too. An acquaintance of mine was once going into detail about her mothers ovarian cancer scare and went into graphic detail about her mom's ovarian cysts bursting, and I could feel my whole body getting really hot and weak and I had to cut her off and excuse myself from the conversation and go outside to get some fresh air because I felt like I was going to faint, lol.
    That's really strange, but when I watch scenes depicting gore in animation or movies, even writing, I can handle it pretty well. Granted, not too much, or I'll most likely react the same way you did. When it's too much, I imagine my very own body suffering from what's being described. I would've been a horrible doctor.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds normal run of the mill Si. Get into predictive bodily states of others and affecting them with your agency and you'll get into Si ego territory.

You're probably just an IEI - Fe
    Only in America does gotta substitute for wanna so we can avoid the guilt . . .[a]nd only in America do we want the system to force us to do the right thing so we can take the credit. "

"There's no Like button for hard work or triple integrals, which is doubly interesting because calculus was invented to make hard work easier. "I just don't get math." Can't do math if you weren't taught to think logically, and logic is tough on kids' self esteems and makes them way less submissive, easier just to put on a video."

TIM
    pariah
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of being medical doctor. Ha. I should be replaced by computer.

I was thinking of becoming hospital chemist (lots of medicine studies on top chemistry MSc) but that itself means lots of admin work... I can see myself in that kind of place where I could work/design for detecting stuff with instruments.

Penny could be valuing not sure.

yeah, understanding impressions is also important step. I don't get it that well.

because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fox is SLE so high T and low smell is to be expected. I'd expect IEI to have better sense of smell than average, because higher estrogen

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

okay

TIM
    pariah
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm still coming to terms with my F type as I hold T in so high regard and pride but it takes lots of time to heal my emotional wounds.
    Sol and Bert know their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Fox is SLE so high T and low smell is to be expected. I'd expect IEI to have better sense of smell than average, because higher estrogen
    *Lifts skirt*
    Oh my.

TIM
    Ni-ENFj 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah uhhhhh Im easily over stimiliated and very aware of my senses only when it gets to me, becomes overwhelming. I do have some kind of ..Si agenda? but mostly when I feel like its expected of me? But I have my favorite textures and favorite colors and what the fuck is Si again lol? If it's about "aesthetics" and "comforts" i mean.. I thought I was a SEI last year just because I was into that stuff, and I will really treat like certain things are objects of a museum and maybe add it to my own museum that is my taste but thats in my own pacing, on my own time, and it's something to study and often time not to actually practice. As for taking care of myself, I mean... I never know when I'm actually hungry until I actually start eating and then I become starving. Usually wanting a snack is what makes me think "oh yknow what I might actually be hungry" but I dont even remember that mostly. Im trying to practice pampering myself so I can involve self care more, but even routines like shaving and tweezing is well... not apart of my routine. I do it when I think "hm why do I feel like I look disturbing? just... God am I truly that disturbing what is that OH" but I also have a chronic pain disease since birth SO ... I am Very Aware of my body sensations and I know what all the different pains mean and what I need. usually I can tell people what they need with what kind of headache they have... Im aware of triggers and when Im uncomfortable, because at the end of the day I tend to indulge in my comforts.

What was i saying again (I may be high I cant remember)

One wants a room with no view, so imagination can meet memory in the dark
    pilgrim at tinker creek, annie dillard
    EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit Type

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I just read an article about males not being able to get erections when they want to if their estrogen is not high enough and how we forget estrogen is a sex hormone for men. There are different reasons for not being able to smell well, but I wonder how many of them are correlated with estrogen levels in a person and if we could use not being able to smell as a signal to test people's estrogen (because if it gets horribly low, maybe their bones and hearts could be harmed, etc)
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    *Lifts skirt*
    Oh my.
    I believe a person can have both high estrogen and high testosterone

one way that could happen is a portion of the excess testosterone being transmuted into estrogen.
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    xIE-3Ni 3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    I believe a person can have both high estrogen and high testosterone

one way that could happen is a portion of the excess testosterone being transmuted into estrogen.
    As long as their sperm are effective, who cares?
    Others around you will laugh at you and shame you. They will try to make you doubt yourself as they do. However, know that they only do this because they feel threatened by you. They know that you have a higher purpose, and out of jealousy seek to dissuade you from it. They will say: I am just trying to help you. I worry about you. I want the best for you. Do not listen to them. Trust in yourself; in your ability and in your destiny. It may be that for days, months and years, you feel utterly alone in the world, unloved, despised and powerless to change your situation. But you are not alone. Close your eyes and ears to the malcontents, and you will see the true path that lies ahead of you.

TIM
    LIE-Ni sx/so
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    As long as their sperm are effective, who cares?

Oh, I agree. As long as people's bones and hearts aren't affected by imbalances, I think people put an insane amount of pressure on themselves for no reason. It's weird how much people shame themselves about neurotransmitters, etc.

well, a few of my friends wish they could just have sex and not worry with their partner about pregnancy...
    ENTj-Ni sx/so

TIM
    IEI-1Ni
    Mentioned
    550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

HA thread...
    4w5-9w1-5w6 So/Sx

My typing blog [x]
    My theory blog [x]
    My tumblr blog [x]
    My film blog [x]
    Discord [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    HA thread...
    This post made me giggle. It's like a punchline from a Bryan Fuller show.

TIM
    A-
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I could see me having Si HA. I'm naturally not that in touch with my body because I'm so caught up in my emotions and worries and I love when I meet someone sensual and someone whose just able to relax and calm me down Of course they have to be very interesting besides that and share my interests but yeah. It's like the icing on the cake