Thread: Essence of the Sx/sp

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Essence of the Sx/sp

What IS the essence of the Sx/sp? I feel like Sx/sp is a cursed variant. Almost always conflicted, social last yet crave a connection as well as a flow with the society; And Sp almost always interrupts Sx flow. So what IS the function of an Sx/sp, for lack of a better word?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    procreation and survival.
    Expound on this, with modern day perspective

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think of SX/SP as a stacking that unites art and business behind the scenes. You've read of it as the "tattooist" which is dead on. Here I want to add some archetypes of my own that are also rooted in professions, everything aimed at giving you a sense of what SX/SP's purpose and function in society might be.

Given how creative they can become without social restrictions, I'd dub the stacking as the haute couture designer. Or fashion consultant. Increasing someone else's or your own attractiveness to get by, it's not so much about adaptation here. It's very one-to-one flowing into self-preservation instead, standing out while taking care of yourself. SX 'electrifies' to make money with SP.

SX/SP as a designer makes sense as far as their hidden position is concerned. During fashion week you only see the models, the creator only shows up for like 2 seconds at the end. Social last is compensated through your public work in the form of SP: the fashion items itself, the economical contribution to the industry aka self-pres going to social. SX/SP also can think outside the box of culture. That's why they can be innovators by chance unlike the social stackings that are deliberate. They can effectively ignore competition to do their own thing. Though who knows, it can become their downfall if they are forced into the life of a socialite, or make a faux-pas which is bound to happen. You know how Karl Lagerfeld - definitely Social last - is. Genius with a pen, trainwreck in interviews or on the red carpet. SX/SP does best doing the work without much commentary because it drives people away. That's why I emphasize the behind the scenes aspect so much, exposure spoils the majority of their potential. Think of SP/SO and SX/SO, exposure does the exact opposite, making them appear in a good light and fostering their agenda with ease. Meanwhile, SX/SP's forte is still the self-preservational stance where they rest in isolation, as weird as it sounds. The social stackings, SO/SX in particular, will do the rest for them. Again, it's that one person they rely on, but essentially they want to aim for work as an occasional hermit:

All this might also work for the profession of an architect. Not the real-estate agent, SO/SP and SP/SO do that. It's about the design again, art and business backstage. But this is already very close to SP/SX.

For equally strong SX and SP I'd suggest barista as the overarching idea. You have to deal with your own niche, one person at a time. Those people are busy with themselves anyway, lots of SX going on. The barista SX/SP makes sure that the SP-lasts won't burn out Again you have SX intensity covered and you are a provider, all with an artistic slant.

A final note: The single most important factor in their function/career/lifestyle is that this stacking can stay in a small circle. It's crucial that they have a counterpart everywhere they go to depend on. Otherwise, they are lost. Especially when the eventual spotlight goes on, which they should avoid in the first place. This stacking's not meant for working the big stage at all. Again: SX/SP symbolizes haute couture for selected people, not prêt-à-porter for everyone.
    Last edited by Chae; 12-30-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The attraction to a partner is what matters first - does not mean you want a one night stand, but what's important first is you're together (sx) then once together you can worry about providing a nest (sp), whilst not really caring about what your society, family, social group say about you two being together (who cares about so).

Compared to sp/sx who will establish their security first, and then merge with a partner, but only if it doesn't threaten their base - survival.

Well that's how it works - what can go wrong is when you try to match this with socionics. For instance, I dated an Fe type who at one point expressed a negative that our friends didn't get on. Who cares about that are we dating each other or our friends? So that could have been an Fe judgement she's making, or an so judgement.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I think of SX/SP as a stacking that unites art and business behind the scenes. You've read of it as the "tattooist" which is dead on. Here I want to add some archetypes of my own that are also rooted in professions, everything aimed at giving you a sense of what SX/SP's purpose and function in society might be.

Given how creative they can become without social restrictions, I'd dub the stacking as the haute couture designer. Or fashion consultant. Increasing someone else's or your own attractiveness to get by, it's not so much about adaptation here. It's very one-to-one flowing into self-preservation instead, standing out while taking care of yourself. SX 'electrifies' to make money with SP.

SX/SP as a designer makes sense as far as their hidden position is concerned. During fashion week you only see the models, the creator only shows up for like 2 seconds at the end. Social last is compensated through your public work in the form of SP: the fashion items itself, the economical contribution to the industry aka self-pres going to social. SX/SP also can think outside the box of culture. That's why they can be innovators by chance unlike the social stackings that are deliberate. They can effectively ignore competition to do their own thing. Though who knows, it can become their downfall if they are forced into the life of a socialite, or make a faux-pas which is bound to happen. You know how Karl Lagerfeld - definitely Social last - is. Genius with a pen, trainwreck in interviews or on the red carpet. SX/SP does best doing the work without much commentary because it drives people away. That's why I emphasize the behind the scenes aspect so much, exposure spoils the majority of their potential. Think of SP/SO and SX/SO, exposure does the exact opposite, making them appear in a good light and fostering their agenda with ease. Meanwhile, SX/SP's forte is still the self-preservational stance where they rest in isolation, as weird as it sounds. The social stackings, SO/SX in particular, will do the rest for them. Again, it's that one person they rely on, but essentially they want to aim for work as an occasional hermit:

All this might also work for the profession of an architect. Not the real-estate agent, SO/SP and SP/SO do that. It's about the design again, art and business backstage. But this is already very close to SP/SX.

For equally strong SX and SP I'd suggest barista as the overarching idea. You have to deal with your own niche, one person at a time. Those people are busy with themselves anyway, lots of SX going on. The barista SX/SP makes sure that the SP-lasts won't burn out Again you have SX intensity covered and you are a provider, all with an artistic slant.

A final note: The single most important factor in their function/career/lifestyle is that this stacking can stay in a small circle. It's crucial that they have a counterpart everywhere they go to depend on. Otherwise, they are lost. Especially when the eventual spotlight goes on, which they should avoid in the first place. This stacking's not meant for working the big stage at all. Again: SX/SP symbolizes haute couture for selected people, not prêt-à-porter for everyone.
    This is really really really helpful Chae, as always :-) Thank you!

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    This is really really really helpful Chae, as always :-) Thank you!

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what you mean by "essence"...I don't completely agree with the archetypes that are used to describe the different instincts, including Sx/Sp being 'tattooist' or something like that...

(I will comment more later).

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I use the film Hackers (1995) to extrapolate, in the abstract, a goal for the Sx/Sp. There are definitely more subtypes and that modifies the role. With my contraflow 4, I think of myself as a "syn-flow destroyer" or "earnest demolisher" that deconstructs fake sincerity, fake positive attitudes. The So/Sps, ya' know, the majority, they also have various subtypes but what they by and large do is that they hide their contra-flow/destructive attitudes under wanting to construct. They're builders. Yet, building is just a pretext, they make up projects (such as Typology) and they perpetuate them, invent side projects, tie-in products, services, ad infinitum. After a while it turns out that typology has become rigid because everybody exploits it for their own gain, be it money or the want to control others or the want to look smart by regurgitating the outdated and distorted paradigm of typology theories. Sx/Sp asserts their their individual wants, needs, their intimate reality earnestly, instead of playing into and piggybacking on the current culture's stereotypes. So when it comes to the cultural meme or stereotype that one is more up-to-date by having a smartphone, the Sx/Sp asserts that people are being fake by not giving their numbers immediately (at least in Europe they don't), instead they expect you to have a smartphone and be always available on social media. Thus by attacking this "image" (contraflow image type that precedes my Sx head type, in my case), they can reveal the hypocrisy behind So/Sps builder tendencies - that this whole teleology, this whole social project does not really hide people's insincerity, as well as aggression. We aren't becoming more civilized by smartphones. And as @Chae wrote, Sx/Sp can't have a wider influence/effect without the help of social types, so following the mentioned film, the Sx/Sp may complement the cultural reform of Sx/So and So/Sx-es by allowing them to harness his destructive potential. To be their "secret gauntlet."

In that way, one could say Sx/Sp does not have a function on its own but as with all the types, it complements, it "balances out" the rest by being a corrective to the flaws of social phenomena, to the negative qualities of the individual social type (on the other hand, So/Sps can be a corrective to Sx-dom behavior by recognizing the unhealthiness and risks of them isolating/gaslighting their partner from society). Sx/Sp does not aim to create general trends (although, as with the Batman or Daniel Boon meme, people may derive a certain cult, trend from perceived Sx/Sps), rather Sx/Sp's intimate focus on the particularities of the individual breaks up the superficial cohesion of social groups (by criticizing people of giving up their individuality for the greater goal/whole).

Still, to survive, Sx/Sps also have to compromise and conform (so they aren't critical of all the aspects of the social, each of their subtype focused on one), hence I argue to indicate "instincts" at each enneatype in one's tritype.
    Last edited by Neokortex; 01-15-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "role" of sx/sp in society is to understand the ugly side of psychology and accept it. They are syn-flow because they accept the darkest parts of the human soul and sympathize with it, pushing for people to understand and accept themselves fully. Sx/Sp asks you the questions that "no one else will" and accepts your truth no matter how ugly and smeared it is. "Tell me what is wrong. Okay, now tell me what is really wrong."

Tori Amos is a very good sx/sp example, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrtCmJI6Xaw

Just why do they say
    Have a nice day anyway
    We both know they wouldn't mind
    If I just curled up and died

Now some girls here will huddle with
    No not footballers that are rich
    But will confide in small white sticks
    He bats as The Virginian Slim

Then I tried once to comply
    With an authority that would
    Subsidize my wild side