Thread: Try VI-ing me!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Try VI-ing me!

I'm almost sure of my type, but I'm curious to know which one I look like at a glance. I tried looking for all the pics of myself I've taken during the years (I'm 19, but some are fairly old).

Last edited by croww; 12-21-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I associate noodle arms with Fi

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI or EII

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INxj

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introvert, ESI most likely, possibly EII.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You look much sweeter and less guarded. I don't really get that Fi wall vibe from you that I get from Fi leads (though I could possibly see Fi creative).
    if Fi is a wall, Fe is fake and she doesn't seem fake so "wall" it is

Fe imitating this look is Pink, fyi. but this seems more like the real deal, that which Fe tries to be but is not

seems like a straightforward case of SEI looking up to EII, but in this case with a bit of sour grape, "it can't be true" denial from 3rd party IEI trying to cast a popularity increasing spell

stop reading here unless you have autism like me

VI is about communication across the perceptual domain, which is irrational. if Se Ti scheme of VI based on a catalogue developed by an individual actually worked it would be simple to type anyone, but thats not what VI is, its the subjective impressions a person makes and those are individual to the parties. Filatova's portraits are just her individual associations which rely on her own subjective interpretation of what those portraits ultimately represent, they can't be adopted by anyone else (as a rote typology). The closest thing to an objectively applicable system of (Se/Ti) VI is the kind of stuff Tsypin does here

in other words, you can't just say "this person looks like this other person, person 3 typed as X, therefore they must be X" because it relies on you seeing whatever person 3 saw (and you weren't there). that's the entire point, it eliminates the entire point of subjective impressions to stick to the "formula" we might as well get back to measuring skull size, which is precisely the way in which VI is mocked and invalid. in other words, Fox's version of VI is phrenology and bad, and on top of that inaccurate in the current situation to boot...

EII could make any of those faces made by IEI, those portraits are a scam inasmuch as they're time/space/culturally bound snapshots representing something other than the people, i.e.: the "type" in the mind of filatova. they're not real people in the sense that you aren't "experiencing" them the way we experience the photos in the OP. they're a kind of forced conformity to an archetype like what a fashion model does--they just project an image. you could literally change all the people to their conflictor and pose them a certain way to create the same effect. the point is people have to be in natural circumstances and we are more in those circumstances here than Filatova's catalogue is, so these judgements trump those, not the other way around. in other words, the people have spoken and you can't force silly Ti judgements on them via recourse to Filatova, which she didn't believe in anyway, it was precisely this kind of "modeling impressions" she intended to catalogue, not be used directly in order to type people

in other words, IEI in her catalogue is the "face of mirage" not real IEIs. so when I say she doesn't seem fake I'm saying she's not IEI. which is actually a proper use of filatova's system. your whole thing would subsume "anything I like" into "IEI" which is precisely what IEI tries to accomplish, becoming what it intuits other people like, but its a faulty projection onto others to assume that anyone else participates in that dynamic. in other words, inasmuch as someone is likeable to you doesn't make them IEI [1], that just the projection of IEI onto the psyche of everyone else, sometimes people are naturally likeable and they're not trying to turn themselves into a human mirage--it is backwards to identify IEI with likeability when its more like IEI artificially imitates likeability, hence the distinction in demeanor between Fe (Pink) and Fi (Here)

[1] Adam Strange has a weird version of this same error where anyone he likes he types as ESI. I think this relates to him being SLE and participating in the same fundamental game as IEI, from the other side. But its a fundamentally inexcusable and empty power game ("popularity increasing spell" captures it nicely)
    Last edited by Bertrand; 12-21-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Nobody you feel a positive first impression of is allowed to be Fe ego, we get it.
    they're allowed to be, Ill just be super disappointed (not really, Fe is fine when its not being destructive, which could be said about anything). in any case, your base rationale is still bad and not what VI is about. once again you perpetuate the stereotypes that keep typology from advancing or being taken seriously (you, you're the bad Fe)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

your punishment is never having a genuine relationship with anyone and your ideal match is the person for whom that is not a requirement because theyre literally incapable of conceiving of relationships as anything more than one more image for them to project to the world. congrats on being nothing more than an object whose entire use is as an instrumentality to effect another person's fantasy about what relationships should look like. its funny how gamma gets the "stepford" label when its literally what IEI aspires to be. just another thing to envy ESI for I guess, stealing your glory once again, just like in this thread

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is that how you felt when you began to realize people have more positive associations with Fi than Fe

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@fox, you may be right.

My first impression of @croww's pictures at low resolution was ESI, but I also got a hint of an IEI, too. But I thought, No, mostly Fi.

Now that I'm looking closer, ESI seems a bit off, but still seems closer than any other type. I get fainter hints of LII. I think this needs a questionnaire.

Disclaimer: I type everyone as ESI or IEI, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very low certainty, basing this off of someone i know who very vaguely resembles you, I'd suggest LII. However you do lack something something compared to that other girl I know so i'd say it's a close match rather than I VI you as such. / .02 cents PS: will you reveal us your type?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I currently type as LII-Ne 639 so/sp. I had posted a questionnaire a year ago, but I could make another thread sooner or later.
    It's interesting. This gave unexpected results, since gamma SFs are actually the types I've conflicted the most with.
    I initially doubted I was a LII, justifying this with "I could just be a SEI trying to act like one."
    Last edited by croww; 12-21-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's much better to do a video to assume a type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

you look as introvert

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Lol. My first thought was SEI but I rarely participate in these threads because they're mostly an exercise in hubris. @fox at least provided something other than her own self assurance. Im just posting now because it cracked me up you ended up being self typed LII, I thought you typed yourself Fi base for some reason. I love how that played out.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the point is IEIs try to capture the look of youthful women, but its a reversal as to how Fox types. Jung would just call it an anima complex which is why male IEIs come off as gay, precisely because they're trying to be 19 year old girls. Hence the superficial resemblance to the portraits. the noodle arms thing is a joke because of how capricious Vi gets anyway, and Adam Strange has his own problem with VIing that is likewise confused

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI/SEI was my initial impression too, though LII-Nes can VI close to an IEI and have that same dreamy Fe/Ti introvert look.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe ESI (:

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII is possible, I'd need longer for my intuition to kick in.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. Can be LII.

You're a thinker type gurl.

You don't look like a feeler actually.

At first glance i thought would be a Ti-dom

You actually got that boyish look

Which actually is the same as my Istp lsi friend. I don't know why, they're just fucking look boyish for unknown reasons > Ti blame Ti.

Ti makes someone looks boyish i think.

Plus you obviously look introverted.

And basing on your own results, LII. It can actually be real and backed up that you're really an LII.

Sometimes VI is inaccurate (most of the time, especially on pictures only)

I actually have a picture of me who looks very not me. If you'll VI it, you'll probably say im iei. but so not.

Pictures are just pictures. Video is more accurate.

You can create a video 📹 if you want better and more accurate typing

Because VI = people have different views/perceptions on what they see. So VI is inaccurate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Because VI = people have different views/perceptions on what they see. So VI is inaccurate.
    Not so different. Even by photos anyone typed her to introvert.
    VI by bloggers video gave typing match close to questionnaires. At least, it's comparable to other offline methods.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just drawing some conclusions, since I had made this thread out of curiosity. I already know how VI-ing from a few pics is unreliable.
    I'm surprised that I appeared ESI to many. IRL, I really lack in anything related to Se features. Overall, its competional and harsh aspects often get on my nerves really, really hard. Something similar with Fi. I generally connect better with Fe. I'm not at ease with all of that intensity and "the wall" Fi produces.
    Still regarding VI through those photos (I wish I'd be able to make a video someday, but english is not my first language), I can definitely see Fe creative. So SEI or IEI. This takes me to the last step. To me, Fe is the classical "I like it in others but, ffs, I really lack in it" function. The "you're not LII, you're just a SEI weirdly grown with an underdeveloped Fe" has been one of my main concerns when I tried typing myself.
    The fun thing is that in tests I strongly score as an alpha NT. In particular, also by studying the theory and applying it in everyday life, LII-Ne.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what do you think about trump

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Noodle arms!
    I'm a guy, but my arms are probably thinner than yours. People can grip them with 2 fingers pretty easily.

So, because of that similarity, EII. Yup, totally valid VI method!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by croww View Post
    I wish I'd be able to make a video someday, but english is not my first language
    You may do the video on your native language. It will be used like photos - to get impressions from your nonverbal. To say about yourself you may by a text in questionnaires.

> In particular, also by studying the theory and applying it in everyday life, LII-Ne.

Were math and technical subjects easier and more interesting for you in places where you studed?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You may do the video on your native language. It will be used like photos - to get impressions from your nonverbal. To say about yourself you may by a text in questionnaires.
    That's an idea.

Were math and technical subjects easier and more interesting for you in places where you studed?
    I was speaking about socionics, but kinda. I study chemistry at university. When I had to choose which uni, I didn't know whether to take chemistry, physics or computer science.
    I had initially taken a latin and greek- oriented curriculum in high school, but dropped out a year before my degree, prepared the exams required to switch courses during summer, and finished high school with a scientific curriculum (mostly maths, physics, chem and technical drawing. I had tried taking I.T. when I was switching courses, but felt too lazy to prepare the exam. I preferred keeping on studying it by myself).
    It is more about subjects that make a logical sense, follow a strict line of reasoning and allow me to discover how things work (for example, even if I hated my first choice in high school, philology wasn't that bad. I was allowed to understand how words form following some strict criteria. On the other hand, I hated literature as it was infertile to me).
    Last edited by croww; 12-23-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

make a video, talk about trump (in a different language)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You look IEI to me.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF, probably EII. You remind me of 2 EII lady friends of mine who both have a similar gentle demeanour and wistful facial expressions. Also, dress-style is very Delta - comfortable but respectable, yet understated.

EDIT: Definitely no Se in the ego-block. Anyone typing ESI is out of their mind, IMO. You look Se-vulnerable like an EII, if anything.
    Last edited by AndyW; 12-30-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Stuff about Se

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this girl thin. I wouldn't really think that to be true, especially because one could also say this girl is T H I C C. Le girl the name is not said to stem from le girl the entity. Le girl can only be said to be le girl. That's what makes le girl so particularly interesting

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 12324
    I retook the test. I'll definitely do another questionnaire sooner or later.
    Results: alpha>beta>delta>gamma
    LII>ILE>LSI>ILI
    Last edited by croww; 01-11-2018 at 06:51 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I initially doubted I was a LII, justifying this with "I could just be a SEI trying to act like one."
    Lol, sounds exactly like an LII toying with Ne. High five.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII for sure
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impression was LII, mostly only posting this to congratulate myself on being correct though Didn't get any Fi from the photos, dunno what you guys are seeing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I retook the test. I'll definitely do another questionnaire sooner or later.
    Such tests are useful as express methods only. They (every, though they are similar) are done a single time per long time period to be valid, and by those who knows nothing about the typology. As in other case you understand what is checked and having a predisposition to some type you may easily mislead yourself and the test.

Mostly assumed IN*J for you. It's good to see your video, as with studing to technical stuff you are able to tell in technical terms and such be typed as T type, meanwhile even being F one. Nonverbal is lesser affected by this.
    Also after mb several days, after I'll update my bloggers list in the signature, you may look at people of different types there to check which types you find as more psychically comfortable for you, - what your type would fit to IR theory better with those examples.