Thread: INFj and Si

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj and Si

My INFj sister is kind of odd about health. She's a bit of a hypocondriac (I know that's spelled wrong but oh well) and she is always using that antibacterial hand gel. She's a nurse and I think that's involved in this whole health issue.

Then I have a friend I think is INFj as well but I'm not sure. She was sick recently and needed surgery and kept talking about how much she hates going in hospitals and all that. But she sure talked about her doctors visits and everything like it was the most facinating thing in the world.

Is this typical? Do the INFjs here have any issues re Si?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-bg

I sort of take the opposite angle. I haven't been to the doctor in over 15 years, I'm deathly afraid of what they'll find. So I take the unhealthy view that what I don't know can't kill me. repress much?

I'm always on edge though at the first sign of sickness, it really stresses me out, the what if's...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I sort of take the opposite angle. I haven't been to the doctor in over 15 years, I'm deathly afraid of what they'll find. So I take the unhealthy view that what I don't know can't kill me. repress much?

I'm always on edge though at the first sign of sickness, it really stresses me out, the what if's...
    this is me...lol

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Umm... I don't know. I don't mind going to doctors and dentists and such, and even enjoy some of the trips. I like being made healthy. Of course, I haven't had any traumatic experiences, so that might explain part of my lack of fear/dislike. (What can I say, they gave me stickers when I was little.)

I do know that getting sick or wounded can really throw me off. Over the years, I've toughened myself up so I can push it aside when I need to work and do other things. But it's hard to maintain a good attitude. My discomfort usually shows up in my body language, so I think I can come across too often as a weakling or complainer.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know two other INFjs and they're both pretty wimpy when it comes to any sort of discomfort. So when they get sick or anything, it's a big deal! For example, my sister just had a baby about a week ago (YAY). When she was pregnant, it seemed like she thought she was the only woman on Earth who had ever been pregnant before. It drove my ENFp mom nuts when my sister would call her every day and say how she felt sick and how her tummy hurt.

I've had a very traumatic experience in this area... I have tumors that span the entire length of my spinal cord. They're not malignant, but they cause spinal cord compression (which has lead to partial paralysis and intense pain). I had to get surgery a couple of years ago, and it took about 3 years to recover (I had to learn how to do everything again, including walking). I still deal with pain on a daily basis. The tumors will never fully go away, so it's something I'll have to take care of the rest of my life... So now, I take pain better than pretty much anybody I know! It's actually kind of difficult for me to hear the two INFjs I know complain so much.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

April, that sounds horrible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry April that does sound awful.

*hugs*
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was pretty damn rough. Thank you *hugs back* . Luckily, I had a good ENFp mother to take care of me The experience has taught me a lot, too, and I guess it's gotten me over some stereotypical INFj Si hang ups. (Cognitive dissonance for the win!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INFj and Si

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Quirky Si can show up in any number of ways, but not necessarily the same for each INxj, and not always health-related per se.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ania View Post
    What does feeling not-pretty have to do with Si exactly?
    I’ve known a couple (male and female) EIIs like this even though they were very good-looking. I think people can easily become perfectionistic when it comes to their HAs.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hand me a blanket tea and ice cream and a peaceful environment. I can worry about my health as in when I take a blood test I worry about a negative outcome (Ne negative issues) but I tend to prepare and eat healthful meals. I know all kinds of medical recipes...like how to lower my cholesterol. I do a ton on health research and I can take care of a sick husband and get everyone's health back to stable in no time. lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I def don't got the health stuff down (SP blind again?). But yea hand me all my favorite familiars in a nice cozy environment and I'm there forever, until Ne wants a change of scenery. My HA is more like "I would like to be in shape one day." but I feel like everybody thinks that. I do like repitition though, like I've played the same song over and over and over again, and I do have unconscious rituals, for example I love to eat something anytime I'm watching a movie or something long. Sometimes it feels like I need to eat something while I do that, do one without the other just feels off.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 10-19-2020 at 08:10 PM.