Thread: When You Take a Break from Socionics and You Can't Remember Your Type (Video Questionnaire)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face When You Take a Break from Socionics and You Can't Remember Your Type (Video Questionnaire)

So, I took a hiatus from this forum for a while and, while I was never an expert on Socionics before, I forget almost everything. When I try to read through stuff on Wikisocion, I kind of and kind of don't see myself in every type/dichotomy/whatever other aspect of the theory there is. Plus, I had so many type suggestions on my last thread (thanks everyone who helped me back then btw) and I kind of felt lost in terms of wading through all of it when I returned. In addition, I think that I've changed a ton over this past year. This doesn't mean that my type has changed or anything, but I figured that this video is the most honest and straightforward I've ever been when describing myself and shows me acting pretty naturally. So thanks in advance. It also got so long that it got cut into 2 videos on my phone and I didn't feel like putting them together. So you get two links!

Part 1: https://youtu.be/fVAV1huRjfk

Part 2: https://youtu.be/w8AiZ1o4pHE

Always welcome typing advice. :]

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mAAd city View Post
    So, I took a hiatus from this forum for a while and, while I was never an expert on Socionics before, I forget almost everything. When I try to read through stuff on Wikisocion, I kind of and kind of don't see myself in every type/dichotomy/whatever other aspect of the theory there is. Plus, I had so many type suggestions on my last thread (thanks everyone who helped me back then btw) and I kind of felt lost in terms of wading through all of it when I returned. In addition, I think that I've changed a ton over this past year. This doesn't mean that my type has changed or anything, but I figured that this video is the most honest and straightforward I've ever been when describing myself and shows me acting pretty naturally. So thanks in advance. It also got so long that it got cut into 2 videos on my phone and I didn't feel like putting them together. So you get two links!

Part 1: https://youtu.be/fVAV1huRjfk

Part 2: https://youtu.be/w8AiZ1o4pHE

I started your video and had to step away, and I heard this voice from your video which sounded very LIE. I mean, everything. The cadence, the tone, the choice of words, LIE.

I remember when you were posting pictures previously. I thought Te-dom at that time. Now that I can see your face dynamically and from the things you said on the video, I think LIE. I'd bet money on it, in fact.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange @Scarper

Thanks guys! If you don't mind, could you expand on the Te and LIE stuff? I'd like to learn how to better spot these functions. If I were to read a description online, it's hard to relate to in terms of my perceived behaviors/thought processes, so I'd like to pick your brain if possible!

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange @Scarper

Thanks guys! If you don't mind, could you expand on the Te and LIE stuff? I'd like to learn how to better spot these functions. If I were to read a description online, it's hard to relate to in terms of my perceived behaviors/thought processes, so I'd like to pick your brain if possible!
    You speak factually, logically, a lot, Te in base position, and you're not really quite so physically aware, a dreamy quality about you which is oh so cute to some girls I'm sure, but you're not S, but N.

Also you VI like an LIE version of a human.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    You speak factually, logically, a lot, Te in base position, and you're not really quite so physically aware, a dreamy quality about you which is oh so cute to some girls I'm sure, but you're not S, but N.

Also you VI like an LIE version of a human.
    Thanks! I guess I don't notice my factual speaking as much, but I see it now that I'm watching back the video. And thanks for the compliment! I haven't found a girl that finds my personality cute yet, but maybe one day hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    You are adorable.
    Haha thanks! Does adorable translate to a Socionics type or nah? :]

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"do not wear glasses or headphones"
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    "do not wear glasses or headphones"
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450
    My bad, but I'm not going to record another video where I can't see or have horrible audio quality because those headphones have a better mic. :c

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My bad, but I'm not going to record another video where I can't see or have horrible audio quality because those headphones have a better mic. :c
    You don't need glasses to tell about yourself in free way or about any theme interesting for you.
    The important is video part, for audio is enough if words can be heard.
    So either you make normal video, or you get significantly higher chance of to mistyped do to lack of the needed actions.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need glasses to tell about yourself in free way or about any theme interesting for you.
    The important is video part, for audio is enough if words can be heard.
    So either you make normal video, or you get significantly higher chance of to mistyped do to lack of the needed actions.
    Eh, I'll do it in the near future, especially if there are a lot of different opinions on my type. I can't be bothered right this moment, and I'm not sure why 45+ minutes of me talking about myself with glasses through which one can see my eyes is a problem, but if you insist.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

which one can see my eyes is a problem
    Glasses are not plain, - they distort what is behind them; are not 100% transparent and make worse lighting of the face behind them; mounting covers part of the face. Near eyes is the most active and important mimic zone.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glasses are not plain, - they distort what is behind them; are not 100% transparent and make worse lighting of the face behind them; mounting covers part of the face. Near eyes is the most active and important mimic zone.
    I understand. Apologies if I seemed rude earlier, wasn't in the greatest mood and it's a bit annoying that I needed to record another video. I shouldn't have directed that at you. But I made a video and it's uploading right now. I'll mention you when it's ready. I hope that I did everything correctly in it. No glasses or headphones, and it looks like my phone speakers didn't bug out on me.

In the meantime, I'll tag @thehotelambush because the questionnaire told me I could. If you find some time and would like to give your input, I'd appreciate it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In the meantime, I'll tag @thehotelambush because the questionnaire told me I could. If you find some time and would like to give your input, I'd appreciate it.
    Words analysis is not my main method. Also to give explanations by words part is more thehotelambush's fun and a way to give impression than to do really useful. Novices have no knowledge to understand correctly arguments, anyway. While to time when they will can, they already may understand their type themselves.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Words analysis is not my main method. Also to give explanations by words part is more thehotelambush's fun and a way to give impression than to do really useful. Novices have no knowledge to understand correctly arguments, anyway. While to time when they will can, they already may understand their type themselves.
    Not going to lie, I'm not sure I understand what you just said.

But here's the video: https://youtu.be/cF2Bpq9Pxek

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

he's saying arguments aka words don't really help if you don't mutually understand their technical meaning and that you can understand your type prior to having a rigorous understanding of the system via intuition and work out the language later. in any case the deeper understanding is whats important, the language is just what you peg it all to later. if you do the language game first you run the risk of creating a result on the basis of rote application of a formula to the words which may not be accurate in reality because it fundamentally mistakes what your answers mean when they're given. in other words it presupposes away all the difficulty of type in the first place which is people mean different things with the same words

to give an example: lets say a question says "are you lazy?" its possible the hardest worker in the world says yes and the laziest of all time says no. Without more, how does that help? you have to make assumptions about what is in play when people say what they say. certain contexts can make yes no and no yes, etc. It helps if people go deeply into their rationale because it helps develop that context because it fleshes out their way of thinking about things and through lots of different questions provides backround that might better make one able to infer what the words on the whole mean, coming from you

Sol just skips all that and works off the general impression a person gives, because people tend to embody their personality across information aspects other than language. its a weird concept but the idea is your personality manifests across every aspect of the communicable domain and that includes visuals, body language, auditory signs, ticks/habbits, mimicry, etc each personality contains a coherent pattern of exactly these collection of signs as sure as "the intellect" processes information and creates a body of cognizable patterns we say control the personality. in other words there's a habbit to identify the person and personality with the contents of the intellect, but thats really only one aspect, and only the controlling aspect of a small subset of personalities. hence to admit that domain as the exclusive controlling one is a sort of projection wherein one assumes everyone to be like them, if they're the type who operates this way. it leads to fundamental misunderstandings that language can't help you out of, because reducing it to that aspect is the exact problem

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not going to lie, I'm not sure I understand what you just said.
    It takes time to adopt to "Russian dialect" of English. Useful skill on Socionics forums and when reading auto-translations.

Possible types: ILE, LIE, LII, ESE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Sol just skips all that and works off the general impression a person gives
    Sometimes I'm using words as additional info and look at other behavior. For offline, badly known people and when deal with ones that know the basic theory, nonverbal is good as main info. Also this method takes much lesser efforts.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes time to adopt to "Russian dialect" of English. Useful skill on Socionics forums and when reading auto-translations.

Possible types: ILE, LIE, LII, ESE.

Sometimes I'm using words as additional info and look at other behavior. For offline, badly known people and when deal with ones that know the basic theory, nonverbal is good as main info. Also this method takes much lesser efforts.
    Thanks for that! And sorry for not understanding. Yeah, I need to get used to that, and that may be why I have trouble reading into the descriptions and articles.

Is there a type that you would say is the most likely out of those?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is there a type that you would say is the most likely out of those?
    They are sorted in order of the possibility.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are sorted in order of the possibility.
    Gotcha, sounds like I have some reading to do! I need to be unbiased because if I am ILE, ENTPs in the MBTI can annoy the hell out of me, so my view of them is already colored without even knowing Socionics well haha.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gotcha, sounds like I have some reading to do! I need to be unbiased because if I am ILE, ENTPs in the MBTI can annoy the hell out of me, so my view of them is already colored without even knowing Socionics well haha.
    2nd version is ENTJ - opposite quadra for ENTP. Examples of types you may find in my signature.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not quite feeling ILE and I've been looking over your list @Sol

I see why people think LIE, they do seem to talk like me. But maybe it's the EJ temperament's expression in general. Looking at videos of some of the famous people/YouTubers typed, I see similarities in all of the ExxJ people, male ones at least. This makes it difficult too, because I've always typed as so/sp 9, and 9 seems to be very different from the EJ temperament in many ways. There's also something unsettling about every LIE example I've watched, but I can't put my finger on it. I guess I feel more human than them in a way haha. As a teacher, I'm much more accommodating and less willing to force my will on students. I was the popular, cool, funny, and nice teacher who was pretty lenient. I guess Te seems more forceful than I am. Even though it isn't Se. I suppose it's possible I'm misattributing certain functions though. This whole system is a bit cryptic to me still.

Any other opinions anyone? There's a shorter video on p. 2 if the original ones are daunting. Please and thank you.
    Last edited by mAAd city; 12-20-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I guess I feel more human than them in a way haha.
    If you deal with people as a teacher, you may to have some better developed F than most T. But you looked not as emotional as common F types are and closer to T people. You need to check between T/F with more attention, where IR may also help.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you deal with people as a teacher, you may to have some better developed F than most T. But you looked not as emotional as common F types are and closer to T people. You need to check between T/F with more attention, where IR may also help.
    Makes sense.

My knowledge of the theory is still small, but would it make sense to say that, if I'm LIE, I could have honed my Role Fe and am able to "use" it for longer periods of time?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My knowledge of the theory is still small, but would it make sense to say that, if I'm LIE, I could have honed my Role Fe and am able to "use" it for longer periods of time?
    Types with role Fe tend to look among new people or on public as excited, cheerful, inspiring. Teachers have public communication regularly and may have a little better F skills. But it's not easy for any T type to show emotions naturally, especially hard is to be concentrated on nonvalued ones.
    In general conditions, T types may to show emotions more than average T-man in case they are not tired, are people with high inner energy and optimism, having F function developed above average due to intensive communication with people and having close friends with supporting F function.

To choose between T/F you need to decide which people behave closer - T or F. Which ones affect you the most from the point of psychic comfort, and also are more/lesser personally boring and understandable.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Didnt you selftype as ese?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not quite feeling ILE and I've been looking over your list @Sol

I see why people think LIE, they do seem to talk like me. But maybe it's the EJ temperament's expression in general. Looking at videos of some of the famous people/YouTubers typed, I see similarities in all of the ExxJ people, male ones at least. This makes it difficult too, because I've always typed as so/sp 9, and 9 seems to be very different from the EJ temperament in many ways. There's also something unsettling about every LIE example I've watched, but I can't put my finger on it. I guess I feel more human than them in a way haha. As a teacher, I'm much more accommodating and less willing to force my will on students. I was the popular, cool, funny, and nice teacher who was pretty lenient. I guess Te seems more forceful than I am. Even though it isn't Se. I suppose it's possible I'm misattributing certain functions though. This whole system is a bit cryptic to me still.

Any other opinions anyone? There's a shorter video on p. 2 if the original ones are daunting. Please and thank you.
    I also felt like you were a bit too emotionally open for a LIE. I also show positive emotions but you have a naturalness to your positivity which is not that common among LIEs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Didnt you selftype as ese?
    Yeah, it's hard to relate to many of the descriptions though. Like, I consider myself a positive person, but I don't think that I'm as over the top as many of the descriptions & example videos are. They seem obviously fake. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never felt as though I present myself similarly to them.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I also felt like you were a bit too emotionally open for a LIE. I also show positive emotions but you have a naturalness to your positivity which is not that common among LIEs.
    If you don't mind, could you expand on this? I do notice that a lot of the LIE videos I've seen seem a tad more serious than me, but it seems like no type quite has my level of emotion. It's either too little or too much. Maybe I'm being too exacting though.

Do you happen to have an idea of a type? Or a Quadra?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your videos reminded me of this girl who I think types as SEE 6 sp/sx, not certain - enneagram 4 & 6
    as well as Daniel Handler who is was typed as Ne-INFj - photo

At the loosest I would say Fi/Te quadra type e6. At the tightest approximation EII-Ne sp/sx 6w5.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Your videos reminded me of this girl who I think types as SEE 6 sp/sx, not certain - enneagram 4 & 6
    as well as Daniel Handler who is was typed as Ne-INFj - photo

At the loosest I would say Fi/Te quadra type e6. At the tightest approximation EII-Ne sp/sx 6w5.
    Thanks!

Yeah, I think that the Fi/Te axis seems to fit, at least looking at Quadras. I like to joke around and have fun as much as the next guy, but I'm for big displays of emotion and all of that. SEE piques my interest for sure, though I'm not a fan of some of the literature I've read about them being players/leaders and not excelling academically. I'm not sure if that's a horrible stereotype, but a lot of the people typed here on the forum don't seem to match the descriptions, and it leaves me wondering what Se actually is...

EII I haven't looked into much, but I remember reading about the types' common social roles on Wikisocion and one was about them being perfect in what they do, but preferring to just live up to their own standards. I'm not sure about the 2nd part, but people have joked about me being perfect (in school) because I always handled assignments well and didn't show stress outwardly. From what I know, EIIs can seem idealistic and I'm not sure if I am for not.

Funnily enough, the 6w5 so/sx interested me the most maybe. I've toyed with the idea of 6w7 in the past, as I don't relate to 5 much, and I always typed as sx-last, mostly due to how plain of a person I am and my obvious lack of comfort with intimacy. Is there a reason you thought soc-last?

Thanks again for the feedback. Sorry for the word vomit, but I prefer to verbalize my thoughts.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks!

Yeah, I think that the Fi/Te axis seems to fit, at least looking at Quadras. I like to joke around and have fun as much as the next guy, but I'm for big displays of emotion and all of that. SEE piques my interest for sure, though I'm not a fan of some of the literature I've read about them being players/leaders and not excelling academically. I'm not sure if that's a horrible stereotype, but a lot of the people typed here on the forum don't seem to match the descriptions, and it leaves me wondering what Se actually is...

EII I haven't looked into much, but I remember reading about the types' common social roles on Wikisocion and one was about them being perfect in what they do, but preferring to just live up to their own standards. I'm not sure about the 2nd part, but people have joked about me being perfect (in school) because I always handled assignments well and didn't show stress outwardly. From what I know, EIIs can seem idealistic and I'm not sure if I am for not.

Funnily enough, the 6w5 so/sx interested me the most maybe. I've toyed with the idea of 6w7 in the past, as I don't relate to 5 much, and I always typed as sx-last, mostly due to how plain of a person I am and my obvious lack of comfort with intimacy. Is there a reason you thought soc-last?

Thanks again for the feedback. Sorry for the word vomit, but I prefer to verbalize my thoughts.
    There is that player-leader subtype subtype of SEE, usually types 7 and 3, that rely on their social skill and charm to win people but there are certainly other niches and roles that they fill. Hannah Arendt for example is usually typed as SEE. Some 6s and 9s can be rather heady and doubt themselves being Se leads since the stereotypes of Se have gotten so merged with traits of the assertive triad types.

With the stacking my guess was mostly based on some similarities with that video, but it was cast at a cursory glance and the talking into a camera type of videos can make anyone seem social last. I'm not sure how much lack of comfort with intimacy has to do with being sx-last as part of this is learned and shaped through upbringing and past experiences, and quite a few sp/so's and so/sp's seem very much personable.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My impression is LII So/Sx (strong SO, leaning Sp/So) 9w1 (likely 963).

A guy who'd be similar to your personality profile is Leonard from the Big Bang Theory,
    though he is more Sx than you (balanced SO and SX, or leaning SX side of So/Sx) and 953.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-23-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"