Thread: Type Mitski please

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Type Mitski please

My latest music obsession and I find her relatable and could see myself hanging out with her. It'll be funny if she's one celebrity that nobody types ESI. I'm kind of inclined toward gamma introvert but could easily change my mind. I'm just set on her being sp/sx.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, @lump, if you like her, she might be ESI. But in the "American Girl" video you posted, I thought she VI'd not ESI, but rather IEI. She reminds me A LOT of a woman I've gone out with but who is an IEI. OTOH, I think both Mitksi and the IEI woman are enneagram type 4, and that might be what I'm seeing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just took a quick view of Mitski’s video above and thought maybe XEE, if so then SEE over IEE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

not Fi. closer to T

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I don't think she's sp/sx. Sorry? She seems very naturally socially capable. So/sx probably. Or maybe sx/so actually.

And no @Adam Strange she's not a 4... either 6w7, 7w6 or even 9. I have no idea where you are seeing 4.

Edit: Yeah I think 6w7, she tries to be 'relatable' and stuff and that's 6. She's 6-9-something
    Last edited by maniac; 12-17-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

l o g i c a l

in the best way

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

funny, after i watched the video my inclination toward ILI lessened bcuz she seemed too effusive. could still be logical.
    and @maniac could be right about socially capable, she's p. active on twitter and stuff & seems to feel comfortable w/ that. i was only thinking sp/sx from her music. but i've wondered before how any so-lasts or Fe polrs manage fame and interviews & rubbing elbows in that industry...i guess u get the suiciders lol..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ashlesha

She seems like an ILI that's learned how to be a bit more Fe to be likeable to the masses or something. Being a celebrity would teach her to be more Fe I would think and plus um she is female and so that might have something to do with her effusive/bubblyness. I don't see ILIs being these cold robots just because they have Fe polr or something. Especially female ones.

I also think her poetry is quirky but in this weird way also devoid of Fe.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its almost as if she superficially mocks some Fe shit without hitting any of the sweet spot.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She's good at mocking stuffs = Ti does that plus i don't actually know if it would be Se/Ne with those perceptions backed up by Ti.

So ILE/SLE whatsoever based on the video. But i think it would be.. I'm not sure.. Hmm. ILE. Since she's a song writer. Ne is creative as fuck. So there. ;p ILE.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Because she's obviously not using Te nor Ni nor Fe. So there folks.
    Not even Fi.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I looked at her some more and I think she's sx/so now.
    Most of her music seems sx first and vulnerable, kind of masochistic. so I'm not sure what you mean with it being sp/sx.
    Last edited by maniac; 12-22-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I looked at her some more and I think she's sx/so now.
    Most of her music seems sx first and vulnerable, kind of masochistic. so I'm not sure what you mean with it being sp/sx.
    I think the sx is filtered through sp in lyrics like this. Theres a lot of sexuality in it but it's largely couched in language having to do with tangible things like her hands, light through a window, a messy room, etc. It's subtle and physical. I also get the sense in a lot of her lyrics that they're going after the effect that her relationships have had on her alone, like she's ultimately this self contained entity in an almost selfish way ("I don't need the world to see/That I've been the best I can be, but/I don't think I could stand to be/Where you don't see me"). And the sound is sort of dissonant, uncomfortable, spooky, contraflow. I know you've put a lot of study into enneagram and probably won't agree but that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    I don't know too much about her personally though I do listen to her music. I actually had ESI for her in the back of my mind because her lyrics have made me think of you, @ashlesha so i kind of mentally associate the two of you together. You even kind of look similar.
    the thing I don't relate to in her songs is that she seems to play a more passive role and to feel kind of at the mercy of what her lover decides, etc, which is why I was thinking about ILI too.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I think the sx is filtered through sp in lyrics like this. Theres a lot of sexuality in it but it's largely couched in language having to do with tangible things like her hands, light through a window, a messy room, etc. It's subtle and physical. I also get the sense in a lot of her lyrics that they're going after the effect that her relationships have had on her alone, like she's ultimately this self contained entity in an almost selfish way ("I don't need the world to see/That I've been the best I can be, but/I don't think I could stand to be/Where you don't see me"). And the sound is sort of dissonant, uncomfortable, spooky, contraflow. I know you've put a lot of study into enneagram and probably won't agree but that's okay.
    I dont think sensuality is exclusive to SP in this way. If she has a 9 fix like I think that can be part of that sensuality.
    Sp/sx artists usually dont write songs that are this straight forward about the sexuality and this vulnerable. I kind of think you're overcomplicating it.
    From what I've seen sp/sx music or at least the lyrics are usually not very understandable and sometimes uncoherent. Or its like.. theyre not "saying" a whole lot. But hers (all of her music) is straight forward and stabs you in the heart. And digs under your skin.
    Look at Stevie Nicks lyrics (sp/sx) its like, what is she saying? its mysterious. That's the word I was looking for.

I don't think her music is spooky, I mean it has some unusual sounds maybe but that's probably because of "contra-flow".
    Her music feels really 'clean' and simplistic if you know what I mean as opposed to sp/sx being covered in dirt and soil and complicated. And I think that's because her being sp last. I know that may seem as a stretch but it makes sense to me. Social last doesn't make sense with her, she knows all the social cues and she has charisma and its very very natural in interviews.
    All the contraflow has a similar style, like the synflow stackings and in certain cases they can be confused actually. So sx/so can be weird and against the grain in music.. its going against the flow. Most (if not all) really heavy influencers on music throughout history have been sx/so.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think she's probably 6w5 though so that could be where you feel familiar with her @ashlesha

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-valuing I think. I haven't watched her videos much yet, but based on photos of her and the lyrics of her songs, I was torn between ESI, SEE and IEI. Caught a lot of Ni in the lyrics too.