Thread: Is this an Si tendency?

TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Sorrows you are so ESE its not even funny. Please take that as a neutral comment, or better yet compliment.
    Well at least it is settled. Sometimes I do consider IEE or SEE. This thread was one of my favorites....which only shows how much I LOVE Si.
    “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not picky about food. I love food so, so much... almost all food.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    Well at least it is settled. Sometimes I do consider IEE or SEE. This thread was one of my favorites....which only shows how much I LOVE Si.
    Well the Si knowledge is so clear and I nod my head because it jives with my understanding. Regardless of your type you get Si and how it presents in the real world.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remind you of your roommate?
    Lol you remember... and yes absolutely. Literally everything you said. We would travel to the States periodically to get good prices on seemingly (to me) insignificant little products and greater FOOD selection. Funny though you mention the tjing anout clothing and fabrics and I am the exact same way: can instantly pick out suitability based of textures, colour, shape, "look", and also instantly gauge how I will be precieved wearing said item.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isptn View Post
    Someone I type as SLI has a tendency to be very particular about sensations and will take action based on subtleties I wouldn't even notice, such as the stuffiness of a room. One thing I notice is that she often refuses to try new foods because something about the texture or appearance disturbs her. She often mentions that something is uncomfortable and then either avoids it or does something to change it.

I always saw Si as being about leisure, freedom, and enjoyment. That kind of fussiness about physical sensations is something I can't understand. Is it just Delta Si that's like that? Is Alpha Si more open to doing things and ignoring discomfort, or is that still the main focus? When I think of comfort and discomfort, I think of how I would rather have a job I enjoy than a higher paying job I don't like at all. But that's completely different from not wanting to eat chicken strips because they're a little bit dry.

Is this really what Si is like, or is it just that this particular SLI is overly picky about sensations most people would hardly notice?
    It is all really very simple: the Si in SEIs is about comfort creation, whereas the Si in SLIs is about discomfort avoidance. SEIs focus on the 'positive', SLIs focus on the 'negative'.

Or to make it a little bit more complicated: SEIs avoid discomfort (unconscious) by creating comfort (conscious), whereas SLIs create comfort (unconscious) by avoiding discomfort (conscious). A subtle difference in means and goal. It is a huge misunderstanding that e.g. SEIs are into ignoring discomfort, it is in fact the very motivation for their comfort creating attitudes and they do it so well, you wouldn't even notice that their ultimate motivation is about discomfort avoidance, as a psychological personality trait. Take away an SEIs means of creating comfort, and all their latent psychological issues will soon appear at the surface.
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

TIM
    ESE- Fe 4w3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Well the Si knowledge is so clear and I nod my head because it jives with my understanding. Regardless of your type you get Si and how it presents in the real world.
    The only downside is that of all types ESE can come off as persnickety or "princess" like because we boldly state our Si preferences, and are fairly quick to complain if something does not meet our standards.

LSI: Let's have lunch at Chipotle.
    Me: Yeah but the furniture there just feels cold. It's wood and concrete.
    LSI ?
    Me: Let's get the order to go and eat it at home.
    “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only downside is that of all types ESE can come off as persnickety or "princess" like because we boldly state our Si preferences, and are fairly quick to complain if something does not meet our standards.

LSI: Let's have lunch at Chipotle.
    Me: Yeah but the furniture there just feels cold. It's wood and concrete.
    LSI ?
    Me: Let's get the order to go and eat it at home.
    That search to become 'perfect', or rather - for it all to be perfect, is tied in with XSE's mobilizing function - the hidden agenda.

ESE's being extraverted ethical put an emphasis on things being perfect in their relationship sphere, which can mean a reflection of your friends, your partner, the surroundings, where you're seen, can be viewed by you as a reflection of yourself.

Gulenko's recommendation for ESE

'Learn to balance you demands and wishes with the real life. Be tolerant of people, develop a more sympathetic attitude towards their shortcomings. Remember that there are no ideal people. With excessive emotional pressuring you can destroy harmony of relationships.'

Ne can help give a perspective on peoples talents, abilities, why their doing things, how they can improve, and for places too, so it helps ESE by not just having to make sometimes depressive or worrisome judgements based on what's there, but by seeing the potential for improvements of the situation involved.

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isptn View Post
    Someone I type as SLI has a tendency to be very particular about sensations and will take action based on subtleties I wouldn't even notice, such as the stuffiness of a room. One thing I notice is that she often refuses to try new foods because something about the texture or appearance disturbs her. She often mentions that something is uncomfortable and then either avoids it or does something to change it.

I always saw Si as being about leisure, freedom, and enjoyment. That kind of fussiness about physical sensations is something I can't understand. Is it just Delta Si that's like that? Is Alpha Si more open to doing things and ignoring discomfort, or is that still the main focus? When I think of comfort and discomfort, I think of how I would rather have a job I enjoy than a higher paying job I don't like at all. But that's completely different from not wanting to eat chicken strips because they're a little bit dry.

Is this really what Si is like, or is it just that this particular SLI is overly picky about sensations most people would hardly notice?
    My ILE ex dated a SLI girl who was exactly like this. She wouldn't eat sushi for example because she didn't have any trust for raw fish. It amused and surprise him but eventually he interpreted it in a negative sense, as her being backwards in some way and too closed off to anything new.

There have been attempts by different authors to describe such differences using the function signs. If you go by Stratiyevskaya's explanation of +/- signs the minus indicates an involutionary property that 'takes a step back', withdraws or eliminates, devolves, goes against the forward progression of time - link. The plus sign indicates and evolutionary property that progresses forward, 'takes the next step ahead', creates, and accumulates.

SLIs have minus-Si (-Si) while SEIs have plus-Si (+Si), so their Si reactions are expected to be different within the sign theory. The -Si steps back and withdraws or eliminates the unwanted sensations, barricades them off, expresses distrust towards them, avoids discomfort and unpleasantness, while +Si progression is directed forwards, towards accumulation or creation of something pleasant, towards finding that sweet spot. Duals have alternating +/- signs on their functions and in this way their functions complement each other. While SLI's have -Si and -Fi their dual the IEE has +Fi and +Si that make up for this.

Another thing to consider when thinking about Si is that socionics descriptions of Si strongly overlap with enneagram's Preservation instinct SP - link. Anyone who has strong SP instinct will seem like they are rather picky about stereotypical Si matters, but a lot of that pickiness and fine attunement to their environment and resources will originate from Preservation being their primary value.

TIM
    H-IXE-Ne
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine being a picky eater can really be attributed to type. The pickiest eaters I know are an LSE, ESE, IEI and SEE. But I also know people of those types that aren't picky at all, especially SEE. Being very particular about your environment, lighting, clutter, etc., is definitely Si though.

I myself fall somewhere in the middle. I like very flavorful food. I'm weird about certain animal products and meat though. I can't even watch someone eat crab out of the shell for instance. I couldn't eat fish with head or bones. I won't eat organs of animals either though I wish I didn't have these hangups.

And for the aesthetics of a room or whatever, I rarely notice any of it unless it's disgustingly dirty to the point of smelling or if it's so cluttered my movement is restricted. I try to care more for the benefit of the other people I live with though. And if I lived alone I wouldn't decorate anything or ever rearrange shit. My SEI, ESE and SEE roommates are constantly moving shit around. I'll admit I usually appreciate the changes after the fact, but I can't see the point during and think it's a waste of time/boring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12