Thread: Star Trek: Discovery

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Star Trek: Discovery

I hope someone else watch it, because nobody among my friends doesn't interested in both socionics and this series.

Michael Burnham - ? Looks like strong Se sometimes.
    Saru - Ixxx
    Captain Lorca - ISTj (LSI)?
    Paul Stamets - alpha NT (LII/ILE)
    Tilly - ENxp
    Ash Tyler - Exxj
    Dr Culber - ISFp? (SEI)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Shazad Latif (Ash Tyler) - LII

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw this show and I like it quite a bit. I believe its a very beta show.

captain lorca: sle, very much so.
    michael burnham: enfj (typical beta trouble maker given a chance to redeem herself.)
    Ash Tyler: istj
    Saru: intj (Se makes him uncomfortable and he's unsure of how to use it)
    Tilly: yea i like enfp for her. Typical delta career climber type person, but has that naive facade. i would say sei superficially but shes way too ambitious to be alpha.

and yeah the ****** couple is suuuuch an ile/sei duality pair good job. =D

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that makes me roll my eyes is when they try too hard to copy off Game of Thrones. its such a bad cliche at this point. I get it already, GoT was a successful show. But be good on your own merits, don't just copy ideas from that. They don't do this too often thankfully, but when they do its still too anvil-licious and bad writing.

The episode titles also were misleading. It's more lighthearted and star trek-y then you would think by the episode title names , which can be very pretentious. lmao 'The Butcher's knife cares not for the lamb's cry.' I'm glad they aren't totally shitting on the original feel of Star Trek but at the same time having balls to kill off more well-known characters. It's a good balance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bulletsanddoves View Post
    I saw this show and I like it quite a bit. I believe its a very beta show.

captain lorca: sle, very much so.
    michael burnham: enfj (typical beta trouble maker given a chance to redeem herself.)
    Ash Tyler: istj
    Saru: intj (Se makes him uncomfortable and he's unsure of how to use it)
    Tilly: yea i like enfp for her. Typical delta career climber type person, but has that naive facade. i would say sei superficially but shes way too ambitious to be alpha.

and yeah the ****** couple is suuuuch an ile/sei duality pair good job. =D
    Haha, that strikes me as a very Beta way to look at it

Do you mean that or just goofing around? Just curious.

I haven't watched the show yet - but I want to.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and it was made by a gay man too, no wonder I like it.

haha we're all gaylighting you on high with our stories.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Boooooo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what about Stamets? His arguing with Lorca and his almoust addition to science and new perspectives... Seems alphaa NT for me, but it is difficult to choose between ILE and LII.

TIM
    ILI-Te/5w4/548/sx-sp
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see Fe in Michael Burnham, so I don't think she's EIE. She feels more Fi dominant... betrayed her original captain because she firmly believed she was in the right, got all broody and beat herself up for it after being sentenced, and feels a genuine compassion towards the tardigrade as well as people like Tilly and Ash Tyler once she (slowly) manages to open up to them. She shows a lot of Ne with innovative solutions to problems, too. I think EII with unusually well-developed Ti/Se, ends up being a bit of a Mary-Sue because of lead-character status; not that unusual in fiction. Her whole mutiny, based on textbook Vulcan logic feels very Te-suggestive, too. She gobbles up Sarek's Te like nobody's business, but always ends up falling back on her Fi in the end; she's so afraid of disappointing him.

LII for Saru and IEE for Tilly are the most obvious typings for me. Business and mirror relations to Burnham, respectively. Not much more needs to be said.

No way Lorca is LSI, either: too independent and self-styled. SLE makes much more sense. The conflict relation between him and EII Burnham seems obvious, too. Burnham - "I'd prefer to serve my time without getting involved." Lorca - "You think I care what your preferences are?" Socionics translation: "My (Se) volitional agenda is going to bulldoze right through your (Fi) personal ethics."

Tyler and Stamets are harder to type for me...Paul Stamets feels like a heavy Ne Alpha...probably ILE-2Ne or something; his vulnerable Fi and mobilizing Fe both feel super-awkward.

Ash Tyler is the toughest of all: he seems to have trouble grasping abstract concepts, so not an intuitive ego block. My best guess is ESI...I'm not even convinced of that one myself, though.

Of course, anyone is welcome to disagree and bring alternative arguments forth.
    Last edited by AndyW; 12-16-2017 at 08:58 PM. Reason: ESI is not mirror to SLE - I am a complete idiot...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was a bit of a letdown for me. There were interesting concepts scattered here and there, but the only episode I really liked was the Mirror Universe one directed by Jonathan Frakes.

This thing looks like it could be cool though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x79Kcbis3z8