Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Occult

TIM
    &*self
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bit confused as to what the definition of occult actually is - wiki defines as anything not based in science but I think some of it is about attention and suggestibility - for example, old cults and tarot. Focusing on what those things teach will bring certain energies into your life by being triggers for the unconscious. So in some sense the mystical aspect just allows you to suspend disbelief so that the imagination can entertain the materials. A similar thing can happen when reading fiction. As long as the results of the method are vague enough this could apply.
    salmon

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes I think people are implicitly using occult in different ways here

TIM
    xIE-3Ni 3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    I've never tried sex magick during sex but I've done rituals alone and they have worked. Sexual energy is the strongest energy one can use.
    Nice work.
    Do not become envious of people who have something you lack and project your mediocrity, or you will become corrupted by bitterness. Do not try and force other people to accept you and your beliefs. Instead try your best to create and achieve something meaningful in life. Your focus should be on what you can do, not on what anybody else around you has or does. Reject idleness, nihilism and indulgence, savour a challenge, start to live by example, and you will grow into a leader, not a follower.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat200Turbo View Post
    It's certainly not flattering loudly discussing our various slutty masturbation habits, it does shatter that snow bunny image we try to foster of ourselves... I know, it's tragic. (you landed on sister fucking also if I remember)
    There's no use trying to teach anything to a super-genius like yourself, anyway; you doubtlessly know everything... everything that has ever been, is, and will be. And if anything ever falls outside the scope of your system it's immediately dismissed, so...
    Carry onward!

I think it's stating the obvious to say I have more interpersonal awareness than you.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

haha "you have been categorized"

deal with it, bitches

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ~

Oh my, I couldn't even begin to guess at the meaning of half those terms, you got me there! I mean, "altruism"...? What is that? Such a daunting image...
    Quite intimidating for a wee lad like myself even to gaze upon!
    With that I bid you adieu, good sir, I humbly bid thee farewell. ~departs...

TIM
    xIE-3Ni 3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread has become totally random lol
    Do not become envious of people who have something you lack and project your mediocrity, or you will become corrupted by bitterness. Do not try and force other people to accept you and your beliefs. Instead try your best to create and achieve something meaningful in life. Your focus should be on what you can do, not on what anybody else around you has or does. Reject idleness, nihilism and indulgence, savour a challenge, start to live by example, and you will grow into a leader, not a follower.

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    The most occult types according to mr Gulenko are dialectical-algorithmic types.
    SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE. Take your pick.
    When Gulenko will meet with real world, instead of theorizing with his "occultic Socionics", he'll notice it's "strangely" hard to find an openly practicing LSE. Because it's nonvalued weak. While he'll find a lot of N and Ni valued ones. Mb then he'll change the opinion about what types are "the most" and what bs are his Socionic's upgrades.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    When Gulenko will meet with real world, instead of theorizing with his "occultic Socionics", he'll notice it's "strangely" hard to find an openly practicing LSE. Because it's nonvalued weak. While he'll find a lot of N and Ni valued ones. Mb then he'll change the opinion about what types are "the most" and what bs are his Socionic's upgrades.
    I don't know about that, a lot of LSEs are certainly conspiratorial, their weak Ni gives them all strange sorts of intuitions, even about regular people doing everyday things.

Take that to the level of NWO conspiracies, and that stuff always ends up leading to the occult.

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I don't know about that, a lot of LSEs are certainly conspiratorial, their weak Ni gives them all strange sorts of intuitions, even about regular people doing everyday things.

Take that to the level of NWO conspiracies, and that stuff always ends up leading to the occult.
    NSA
    S
    A

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Word Definition Warrior – WDW Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Gulenko actually does social experiments...
    Enneagram 3 blindspot. Visual deficits in 4, 8. Triple instinctual blindspot.

Highly immature Discord channel
    because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    NSA
    S
    A
    obama death panels

d e e p S t a t e
    e
    e
    p

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gulenko actually does social experiments...
    He doesn't do good experiments which would proof something, not to say to proof everything he've offered new. Or we'd already saw his publications not in obscurity socionics journals, but in normal ones with scientific pre-moderation.
    What Gulenko does is uses baseless heresy. If your words about common occult interests of Ni polr type are indeed his, than he's in hard contradiction to the core theory and reality. It's like to say about common mathematical interests of IEE or in lifting weights of EII.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obvious that Ni PoLRs are sensitive to this stuff (just like any type is sensitive to PoLR information). So my hypothesis is that that's what triggers them into deeper interest. You don't need Ni to have a connection to the unconscious. For example, primitive societies are very religious, they see spirits everywhere, it's not that they are all Ni people.

So if the person happens to have a good connection to the unconscious to begin with (for non-socionics reasons), then being LSE and Ni PoLR on top of that could trigger a deeper interest. The Ni PoLR only functions as a catalyst.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It's obvious that Ni PoLRs are sensitive to this stuff (just like any type is sensitive to PoLR information). So my hypothesis is that that's what triggers them into deeper interest. You don't need Ni to have a connection to the unconscious. For example, primitive societies are very religious, they see spirits everywhere, it's not that they are all Ni people.

So if the person happens to have a good connection to the unconscious to begin with (for non-socionics reasons), then being LSE and Ni PoLR on top of that could trigger a deeper interest. The Ni PoLR only functions as a catalyst.
    Part of the problem too is that LSEs - with their Te base means they look for factual information, but couple this with poor N, means they're unable to ascertain what information is true and what information is false, ie 'fake news', so knowing this, the LSE will have a huge level of suspicion, and suspicion is a great way to entertain conspiracies.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The occult is superstition. I have found occultism as much of an intellectual dead end as other superstitions, especially religion. Keep in mind a significant number of people believe some god became human, who could do magic and rose from the dead three days after decomposing, which is impossible.

I don't think it is a type thing. It is more about confirmation biasis and not yet understanding the difference between correlation and causation.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I used to firmly believe in ghosts, demons, angels, spirits, and all crap. Yes it is all crap. That was a worldview I never would wish to return to. It is frightening and is like living in a horror movie. Being free of these beliefs took many years and I find more fulfillment in the mysteries of science and of consciousness. I have been seeking a path that involves philosophical insight, scientific knowledge, gnosticism(i need to know things by seeking), self-awareness, aesthetics, and life experiences. I hope by integrating these things into a conscious unity I will become aware of in a way I have yet to attain; a gnostic awareness. My hope is before I die. Perhaps our consciousness is part of a deeper consciousness that permeates the universe, but all I can do is observe with the inner mind and try to understand. It is something that seems to exist, but is not under anyone's control. So beware of charlatans who want power and your money.

"The sands of time for me are running low", as they are for everyone. We will all die, our bodies will decay and our molecules will be dispersed into the earth and universe from which we came.

TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My attitude has always been democratic. Nothing to be scared of by default if they were supposed to be real something which I thought as highly unlikely. Really.

because enneagram is just too simple and therefore we need to develop a new classification system called Rhombic triacontahedron with life module containing eukaryotes, prokaryotes and virus.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like this:

The Occult = "matriarchal psychology", the unconscious, the dark, earth, feminine, death
    Christianity = "patriarchal psychology", consciousness, masculine, light, heaven, spirit, life

The problem with Christianity was that it rejected the dark side of the psyche, projecting it on the Devil/Hell. Interest in the occult, as the OP suggests, can be a natural response to the onesidedness of Christianity.

I don't play with occult stuff, because it's dangerous. The occult is real because the psyche is real. It's only a one-sided emphasis on the outside world that rejects the existence of the occult. The common "nothing but" attitude.

I think the psychology of individuation shows that the occult (the unconscious) should be dealt with when it naturally occurs in a persons life. It should not be artificially induced, that can lead to very bad things.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Jung did a great job of bringing those Occult aspects to the fore in order to resolve some of the neuroses the one sidedness of what Christianity had become though, in a safe and productive way. in a certain sense all these satanic cults do the same thing, like you said, but in a way that lacks self awareness and is so reactive as to be a bit dangerous

TIM
    SEER ~ 458 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

"When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's use a Ouija board to summon Jung and open a portal to the collective unconscious!

TIM
    Ni-ILI 584 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like chicks that like the occult.
    "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." ― Thucydides

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I like chicks that like the occult.
    I like it when chick summon my devil

TIM
    Ni-ILI 584 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    I like it when chick summon my devil

Pretty much the same.
    "The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools." ― Thucydides

TIM
    xIE-3Ni 3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been fascinated by the occult in a cult-like way, reading books and reciting spells, and would never dabble in a sinful practice like witchcraft. I believe in a kind of magic which is more elemental and long-lasting, but perhaps indirect and also harder for people to access. You don't just light a candle, recite an incantation and voila!, the world has changed!, that shit seems silly, and also extremely dangerous.

I have always been drawn to the dark, otherworldly, supernatural and mysterious in an aesthetic, especially erotic way. A recurring theme throughout my lyric writing is that your eyes can deceive you, that people are often not as they appear and we live in a world with inverted, complex and unpredictable morality (darkness can be good, light can be evil - people who appear righteous do bad things, people who appear unrighteous do good things). Most of the dreams and visions I have are of a sexual nature, but the women in them often aren't entirely human, and they tend to have hidden, sensual power which can be intuited but not perceived visibly, at least not at first or by others.

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example @thehotelambush or @Rebelondeck are pretty extreme onion peelers.
    What does that mean?

---

Typically speaking, yes it is Beta NFs or other Ni valuers who are most interested in these kinds of things -- and this is equally true on the light side or the dark side.

If you get deeper into spirituality however you will realize that it is deeply connected with other things, like math ("sacred geometry"), so it is not farfetched for another type to get interested in it. What we see as Ni+Fe is only the surface or the door.

TIM
    LII Ne 593 so/sx
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.” ― Bruce Lee

TIM
    H-ILE-Ne 7w6-2w1-1w9
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What does that mean?
    Going through different layers of information that are not seamlessly causal. Like micro to macro and vice versa.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123