Thread: The Occult

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat200Turbo View Post
    It's certainly not flattering loudly discussing our various slutty masturbation habits, it does shatter that snow bunny image we try to foster of ourselves... I know, it's tragic. (you landed on sister fucking also if I remember)
    There's no use trying to teach anything to a super-genius like yourself, anyway; you doubtlessly know everything... everything that has ever been, is, and will be. And if anything ever falls outside the scope of your system it's immediately dismissed, so...
    Carry onward!

I think it's stating the obvious to say I have more interpersonal awareness than you.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

haha "you have been categorized"

deal with it, bitches

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ~

Oh my, I couldn't even begin to guess at the meaning of half those terms, you got me there! I mean, "altruism"...? What is that? Such a daunting image...
    Quite intimidating for a wee lad like myself even to gaze upon!
    With that I bid you adieu, good sir, I humbly bid thee farewell. ~departs...

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread has become totally random lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    The most occult types according to mr Gulenko are dialectical-algorithmic types.
    SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE. Take your pick.
    When Gulenko will meet with real world, instead of theorizing with his "occultic Socionics", he'll notice it's "strangely" hard to find an openly practicing LSE. Because it's nonvalued weak. While he'll find a lot of N and Ni valued ones. Mb then he'll change the opinion about what types are "the most" and what bs are his Socionic's upgrades.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    When Gulenko will meet with real world, instead of theorizing with his "occultic Socionics", he'll notice it's "strangely" hard to find an openly practicing LSE. Because it's nonvalued weak. While he'll find a lot of N and Ni valued ones. Mb then he'll change the opinion about what types are "the most" and what bs are his Socionic's upgrades.
    I don't know about that, a lot of LSEs are certainly conspiratorial, their weak Ni gives them all strange sorts of intuitions, even about regular people doing everyday things.

Take that to the level of NWO conspiracies, and that stuff always ends up leading to the occult.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    I don't know about that, a lot of LSEs are certainly conspiratorial, their weak Ni gives them all strange sorts of intuitions, even about regular people doing everyday things.

Take that to the level of NWO conspiracies, and that stuff always ends up leading to the occult.
    NSA
    S
    A

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Gulenko actually does social experiments...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    NSA
    S
    A
    obama death panels

d e e p S t a t e
    e
    e
    p

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gulenko actually does social experiments...
    He doesn't do good experiments which would proof something, not to say to proof everything he've offered new. Or we'd already saw his publications not in obscurity socionics journals, but in normal ones with scientific pre-moderation.
    What Gulenko does is uses baseless heresy. If your words about common occult interests of Ni polr type are indeed his, than he's in hard contradiction to the core theory and reality. It's like to say about common mathematical interests of IEE or in lifting weights of EII.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obvious that Ni PoLRs are sensitive to this stuff (just like any type is sensitive to PoLR information). So my hypothesis is that that's what triggers them into deeper interest. You don't need Ni to have a connection to the unconscious. For example, primitive societies are very religious, they see spirits everywhere, it's not that they are all Ni people.

So if the person happens to have a good connection to the unconscious to begin with (for non-socionics reasons), then being LSE and Ni PoLR on top of that could trigger a deeper interest. The Ni PoLR only functions as a catalyst.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It's obvious that Ni PoLRs are sensitive to this stuff (just like any type is sensitive to PoLR information). So my hypothesis is that that's what triggers them into deeper interest. You don't need Ni to have a connection to the unconscious. For example, primitive societies are very religious, they see spirits everywhere, it's not that they are all Ni people.

So if the person happens to have a good connection to the unconscious to begin with (for non-socionics reasons), then being LSE and Ni PoLR on top of that could trigger a deeper interest. The Ni PoLR only functions as a catalyst.
    Part of the problem too is that LSEs - with their Te base means they look for factual information, but couple this with poor N, means they're unable to ascertain what information is true and what information is false, ie 'fake news', so knowing this, the LSE will have a huge level of suspicion, and suspicion is a great way to entertain conspiracies.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The occult is superstition. I have found occultism as much of an intellectual dead end as other superstitions, especially religion. Keep in mind a significant number of people believe some god became human, who could do magic and rose from the dead three days after decomposing, which is impossible.

I don't think it is a type thing. It is more about confirmation biasis and not yet understanding the difference between correlation and causation.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I used to firmly believe in ghosts, demons, angels, spirits, and all crap. Yes it is all crap. That was a worldview I never would wish to return to. It is frightening and is like living in a horror movie. Being free of these beliefs took many years and I find more fulfillment in the mysteries of science and of consciousness. I have been seeking a path that involves philosophical insight, scientific knowledge, gnosticism(i need to know things by seeking), self-awareness, aesthetics, and life experiences. I hope by integrating these things into a conscious unity I will become aware of in a way I have yet to attain; a gnostic awareness. My hope is before I die. Perhaps our consciousness is part of a deeper consciousness that permeates the universe, but all I can do is observe with the inner mind and try to understand. It is something that seems to exist, but is not under anyone's control. So beware of charlatans who want power and your money.

"The sands of time for me are running low", as they are for everyone. We will all die, our bodies will decay and our molecules will be dispersed into the earth and universe from which we came.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My attitude has always been democratic. Nothing to be scared of by default if they were supposed to be real something which I thought as highly unlikely. Really.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something like this:

The Occult = "matriarchal psychology", the unconscious, the dark, earth, feminine, death
    Christianity = "patriarchal psychology", consciousness, masculine, light, heaven, spirit, life

The problem with Christianity was that it rejected the dark side of the psyche, projecting it on the Devil/Hell. Interest in the occult, as the OP suggests, can be a natural response to the onesidedness of Christianity.

I don't play with occult stuff, because it's dangerous. The occult is real because the psyche is real. It's only a one-sided emphasis on the outside world that rejects the existence of the occult. The common "nothing but" attitude.

I think the psychology of individuation shows that the occult (the unconscious) should be dealt with when it naturally occurs in a persons life. It should not be artificially induced, that can lead to very bad things.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Jung did a great job of bringing those Occult aspects to the fore in order to resolve some of the neuroses the one sidedness of what Christianity had become though, in a safe and productive way. in a certain sense all these satanic cults do the same thing, like you said, but in a way that lacks self awareness and is so reactive as to be a bit dangerous

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Let's use a Ouija board to summon Jung and open a portal to the collective unconscious!

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like chicks that like the occult.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    I like chicks that like the occult.
    I like it when chick summon my devil

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    I like it when chick summon my devil

Pretty much the same.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have never been fascinated by the occult in a cult-like way, reading books and reciting spells, and would never dabble in a sinful practice like witchcraft. I believe in a kind of magic which is more elemental and long-lasting, but perhaps indirect and also harder for people to access. You don't just light a candle, recite an incantation and voila!, the world has changed!, that shit seems silly, and also extremely dangerous.

I have always been drawn to the dark, otherworldly, supernatural and mysterious in an aesthetic, especially erotic way. A recurring theme throughout my lyric writing is that your eyes can deceive you, that people are often not as they appear and we live in a world with inverted, complex and unpredictable morality (darkness can be good, light can be evil - people who appear righteous do bad things, people who appear unrighteous do good things). Most of the dreams and visions I have are of a sexual nature, but the women in them often aren't entirely human, and they tend to have hidden, sensual power which can be intuited but not perceived visibly, at least not at first or by others.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example @thehotelambush or @Rebelondeck are pretty extreme onion peelers.
    What does that mean?

---

Typically speaking, yes it is Beta NFs or other Ni valuers who are most interested in these kinds of things -- and this is equally true on the light side or the dark side.

If you get deeper into spirituality however you will realize that it is deeply connected with other things, like math ("sacred geometry"), so it is not farfetched for another type to get interested in it. What we see as Ni+Fe is only the surface or the door.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    What does that mean?
    Going through different layers of information that are not seamlessly causal. Like micro to macro and vice versa.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been thinking how insane it is that we have rejected the tradition of religion and superstition.

Of course in the name of rational thinking.

I knew it before, but now it has really hit me.

It's like destroying a whole culture of psychic life.

In my local supermarket I see ads for "crystal healing" or "bioresonance". There is a need for this.

There is probably more of this going on than I knew.

Tarot cards are interesting and quite easy to get started with.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Is the occult and other dark arts mostly a Beta thing?
    It all depends on what "occult" you're talking about. Left Hand Path/black magic/etc. like the stuff Crowley and covens practiced is indeed Beta. The kind of magic the Golden Dawn, Rosicrucians, Martinists, etc. practice - called "the Right Hand Path" or "the royal art" - is more Gamma, sometimes even Alpha; it's more restrained and logical. I suppose Delta magic would be the cutesy stuff New Age hippy types call magic.
    I would like to join the Martinists, myself. I'm fond of them.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    My vedic chart says I will be good at Tarot card reading. I'm thinking about ordering some and tampering with it a bit.
    It's fun and addicting, but mostly a great tool for finding answers. I recommend Tarot for dummies, which includes the Rider-Wait deck.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this thread makes sense when I know @Pole is SLE. I have met several who are interested in the occult and religion.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Now this thread makes sense when I know @Pole is SLE. I have met several who are interested in the occult and religion.
    So is my SLE brother. Is this an SLE thing?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have spiritual people on both sides of my family and the only reason why I began to study the occult was well, to understand my gift and be able to discern and use it properly. I've studied for 5 years and have weeded out the bullshit. The systems and the tools are pretty weak and can be manipulated by outside energies of our universe, so I'd be wise about taking the occult seriously as life or death. I mean, when I was a young witch I treated it as such like religion but now it's something I use to guide myself, and just help people. Seeing that I mix these practices, knowledge as the foundation to help people to the point of it being my only source of income, and it supporting me nicely, I guess I represent Beta Occult Bitches. I guess knowing that we are subjective in perspectives but universally objective with our judgements I am not surprised that Betas are the likely quadra to be practice this stuff.
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-25-2018 at 03:03 AM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is my SLE brother. Is this an SLE thing?
    Suggestive Ni might have something to do with it

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE PARIS View Post
    I have spiritual people on both sides of my family and the only reason why I began to study the occult was well, to understand my gift and be able to discern and use it properly. I've studied for 5 years and have weeded out the bullshit. The systems and the tools are pretty weak and can be manipulated by outside energies of our universe, so I'd be wise about taking the occult seriously as life or death. I mean, when I was a young witch I treated it as such like religion but now it's something I use to guide myself, and just help people. Seeing that I mix these practices, knowledge as the foundation to help people to the point of it being my only source of income, and it supporting me nicely, I guess I represent Beta Occult Bitches. I guess knowing that we are subjective in perspectives but universally objective with our judgements I am not surprised that Betas are the likely quadra to be practice this stuff.
    That's awesome you turned what you love into a business. What do you do?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's awesome you turned what you love into a business. What do you do?
    Thank you, I'm excited for it. I've always done it freelance and here and there, but now my housemate and I are launching it to be a full-time business. It's intuitive mind/body work with a bit of business strategy. Basically it's a huge bit of hypnotherapy and life coaching, (Oh we dread that word, it's terribly corny.) We focus on healing soul wounds to help people manifest the life they deserve. It's a bit quicker than normal hypnotherapy because we're both clairvoyant ourselves; we do tell our clients what we get and can start the work from there. The last point can be sticky for some people. We don't want people to just take our word for it blindly, we are guides not conductors. We like em brainy, so when say something it's a jumping off point, not for earthy mind leading debate, but for assessing the internal. We are teaching clientele how to balance the diverse shades of themselves and how to be emotionally smart; if my partner with autism and I with Aspergers can grasp this in the sake of healing, then so can and will you. The client must put thought and effort into sweating out the bullshit they unfortunately had developed or become. We also mentor other clairvoyants to clear soul wounds because they can tarnish the gift and make the Sixer more inaccurate. (Subconsciously projecting your own understandings on complex people is a big no no.)

We also have a blog where we we explain how we practice the exercises ourselves with our own trauma, and how we release and grow from it. Trauma from narcissistic abuse is our specialty.

Edit: My partner worked free for 20 years and I have, officially for 2.5 years. And we still do it for free on whim, online and locally, pro-bono stuff.. people off the street, waitresses, so on and so forth. The point is to help people and for some reason, people take it more seriously when they're charged. We decided to launch when we looked at the Law of Attraction community getting mad earnings for buzzwords and snake oil. (Partner wrote about it HERE actually.) A percentage of our earnings will be going to a this really awesome childrens home, it used to be a dream of both of ours.
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-25-2018 at 06:58 PM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123