User Tag List

Thread: Asleep, but trying to wake up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Asleep, but trying to wake up.

Hello. Who I am is not to important, but you're reading this, so you must have some concern. I am here because of a Reddit link. This link, I hope, will answer an important question that many of us have had, or currently have. What is my type? I am aware of some serious problems I am experiencing, so maybe this isn't the best way to go about healing my mind, but I am stubborn. I am asleep. I've been asleep for far too long. I need a way out. If I cannot awaken from my coma, I fear my life will end without any real accomplishment. I cannot allow that. So, good luck to you all, and thank you for reading my short post. Farewell.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you are possibly an IP type.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work is a good medicine against sleeping
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot that sucks :/ Ive been in similar places myself, wish I had a better answer for you.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alert?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is your name a dead poetic reference cause I love that band

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Scarper You say IP, but unfortunately, I am noticing that there is no distinction between Socionics and MBTI on this forum, could you clarify for me? Furthermore, what makes you think this? Thanks in advanced.
    @wacey , Hopefully, you will come to a conclusion as soon as I do, or even better, way before!
    @Chae I am still slowly gaining knowledge on Socionics, so although I am aware of the differences, and that you reference Ni, I do not know what you mean when you state Ni alert. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    @Bertrand Finally, last but not least! Yes! It is, in fact a reference to Dead Poetic! I have thoroughly enjoyed that band for quite some time now. I must give you many kudos, for you're the first person in all the 5-7 years I've had this username to actually know what I am referencing! Or, well, at the very least, make any mention towards it!
    Last edited by StayInComa; 11-30-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Still getting the hang of this, or any, forum.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StayInComa View Post
    @Scarper You say IP, but unfortunately, I am noticing that there is no distinction between Socionics and MBTI on this forum, could you clarify for me? Furthermore, what makes you think this? Thanks in advanced.
    @wacey , Hopefully, you will come to a conclusion as soon as I do, or even better, way before!
    @Chae I am still slowly gaining knowledge on Socionics, so although I am aware of the differences, and that you reference Ni, I do not know what you mean when you state Ni alert. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    @Bertrand Finally, last but not least! Yes! It is, in fact a reference to Dead Poetic! I have thoroughly enjoyed that band for quite some time now. I must give you many kudos, for you're the first person in all the 5-7 years I've had this username to actually know what I am referencing! Or, well, at the very least, make any mention towards it!
    Ah, alright! My first thought was oh, this could be types ILI or IEI (those are type descriptors we use here). Those two types have strong Ni as their primary element. Feel free to look into them as well as the 14 remaining ones, they all follow the 3 letter code.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StayInComa View Post
    Temperament is the same in both systems. Socionics describes the function order of types - introverts correctly modelling Jung. Socionics develops Jung further to create an intertype relation model based on these functions. As functions are also correctly ordered, you can hypothesize and also observe groups of types together - research quadras, and then you'll see types with conflicting values/preferences.

You're familiar with the theory, IP is the most likely type to be stuck in such a rut. Socionics solution would be interacting with types that motivate you into action.

Mostly IEIs can experience being stuck as you describe, but don't let socionics take place of other helps. Socionics is good for time wasting for theorising, and if your type is correctly identified, good for understanding people better to smooth over relations and for finding your ideal wife/husband.