Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coping With Manipulation

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manipulate them right back. Sadly it's the only thing you really can do, cuz the world is run via manipulation.

Honesty is often self defeating in American society.

Or maybe just wising up to the fact they'll always view you on where they can place you on their chessboard and don't have any true concern or love for you. Pay attention to how you were treated when you were down. (though that could also be a manipulation, but people show their true colors when they strike u at ur weakest.)

Most people will laugh & point when the pig's blood falls on you. Cherish the few ones that don't. They are precious gems. But best friends betray each other all the time... the world is so dark I need a hug. And I have the flu blah.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    One technique they may use is to constantly disagree with you and diminish your ideas / contributions. This could be done in a seemingly reasonable manner behind a façade of magnanimousness. The goal is to make you think that you're always wrong and that they're always right. The intent is to manufacture dependency and learned helplessness, which they can exploit.

Stay away from toxic environments where your contributions are always rejected.
    This may be the case sometimes, but manipulators can use both praise and blame to manipulate you. They may praise you when they're getting what they want from you but the second you criticize them or doubt their sincerity they will turn into a victim and lash out against you.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This may be the case sometimes, but manipulators can use both praise and blame to manipulate you. They may praise you when they're getting what they want from you but the second you criticize them or doubt their sincerity they will turn into a victim and lash out against you.
    That is quite logical.

Something similar I've personally witnessed is a technique called "love bombing". This is where they shower you with insincere, gratuitous praise before a relationship even starts until you start liking them. They may also insist on always being with you and doing things for you until you accept their constant intrusion into your affairs as just another part of your life.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    No way in hell is idontgiveaf an SEE. Or any Se-ego for that matter.

Look at the thread she started here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ose-when-i-die

Lots of "what if?" type brainstorming. That is Ne - zany, bizarre, chaotic and scattered. There is no passion and no purpose to it. It would be like me asking, oh, what if unicorns are real? Hahah wouldn't that be soooo cooooollll!!!!!

Losers...

Shit, I'll explain it to you in pictures.

Her:

VS

Me:

Who would you rather be?

Ethical types can be manipulated through logic. Logical types can be manipulated through ethics. Pick your poison.
    I'm entp bro. It's confirmed seriously.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post
    Wahahahhahaha lolol xD i knoe right??

The less you expect, the happier you'll be.

I swear
    Whenever i give a fuck life is a mess.

Like example: i got permabanned, well they life. There's just more to life than perc.

Or anything

The key is, don't depend your happiness/emotions/life to anything else.. So that when that anything else disappear, you're still standing strong 💪

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To keep your disposition shiny,
    Keep your expectations tiny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12