Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 65

Thread: My type?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My type?

    Hi Board,

    I'm not good with introductions.

    I do not what my type is. I've taken several online tests but the result has varied. The type I get most frequently is INTP. I've read the profile for INTP, and while some of it sounds like me; there are parts of the description that do not fit. Either I do not understand exactly what they are asking or I am not answering truthfully.

    I think of myself as a feeler type. As a child I would cry whenever my siblings were spanked, or whenever I saw someone in pain. I was very needy of my mother's attention, and cried whenever she left me alone for long periods. I attribute this to being an orphan. I was not adopted until I was 4-5 yrs old. I didn't have many friends growing up. At times I felt sad about this, but I can never recall feeling bored as a child. There was always something to think about or do.

    I've always been very restless and physically active. I was never very good at team sports, but did reasonably well at solo sports. I did not like team sports because of the fear I would let people down. Anything that requires endurance and rigorous training appeals to me. Whenever I can not work off excess energy, I become very chatty and boisterous. Almost like the energy needs to be burned off somehow.

    I have always been an average/below average student, but score very high on tests/exams. This is probably why my grades improved drastically when I started attending college. If I can see how a certain problem is done step by step, if a similar problem is given I can work out how to solve it. I learn faster by this method than being given piecemeal problems. Every bit of knowledge exists to support or refute another piece of knowledge.

    Most of my friends are strong T types, as I find my personality and friendship style offends strong F types. They often think I do not like them or that I believe I am "hot stuff." I've been working on smalltalk and being friendly. I don't gain anything from these interactions, but find these are important to other people so I try. I've come to the conclusion that most people are so busy with their own issues/lives, that even if you are faking it they don't know the difference. I don't do this to hurt anyone or be deceitful, but to avoid conflict/negative feelings.

    I am 21 yrs old and have yet to be in a longterm relationship. Sometimes I crave the intimacy that others have with their SO's. But being with someone and tricking your emotions into feeling what otherwise would not be there is sort of ridiculous. I know I am capable of emotional attachment, but think a lot of that comes from shared experience/time together. I do not want to become emotionally attached to someone who is not suitable or will have a negative impact on my life.

    Dating/courtship are like foreign languages to me. Unless a person outright says they are interested, I will be clueless. I don't like playing the field, primarily because I am not adept at it. To a lesser extent I find it repugnant. I am not a virgin and believe sex can be casual. I doubt I am particularly good at it though, as I do not engage in much foreplay.

    This is a rather long description. Hope someone makes it all the way down here. Thanks for the input!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    are you referring, generally, to MBTI or socionics?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my first impression of this is INTj. from the description you give, you seem to think in a straightforward and direct manner. Ne is certainly possible as a creative function from what you demonstrate here.

    what do you identify with in terms of type descriptions and where do you seem to stand on the j/p dichotomy?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do not know if I would be considered INTj with socionics. As I've read that the P/J preference can change depending on whether you go with socionics or MBTI. If I remember correctly, the INTJ profile did not seem like me as much as the INTP. I do tend to categorize and look for patterns. I don't have as much of the drive for completion that J's tend to have though. Proving the idea is feasible is enough for me.

  6. #6
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your description sounds INTj to me too as I can identify with a lot of it. It sounds like the me during the more stressful periods in my life
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you seem to have a greater body of knowledge of MBTI, and you appear to be using MBTI ideas in reference to socionics type... which is problematic both because the MBTI ideas are somewhat vague in nature and because MBTI characteristics are not always relevant to socionics. correct me if the previous statement was entirely false and i'm reading too much into your actions.

    it would be helpful if you could specify certain characteristic with which you do or do not identify within socionic descriptions... if you are not very familiar with socionics then the descriptions on mcnew's site may be preferable since they don't delve into anything too complicated (dont read the functional descriptions though). lytov's descriptions are acceptable but limited. the stratiyevskaya descriptions can be read on this site but they're very long and usually machine translated, so theyre a pain to deal with.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Off of the descriptions I have come across for socionics j/p, p would fit me more. However, when reading the profile for INTj and INTp ... INTj aligns with my personality a little more than INTp.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    prolly neither
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    Off of the descriptions I have come across for socionics j/p, p would fit me more. However, when reading the profile for INTj and INTp ... INTj aligns with my personality a little more than INTp.
    could you be more specific and perhaps produce examples?

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    These descriptions fit:

    INTj -

    Uniform like clothing style. I own the same cut of jeans in varying shades of blue. Own three pairs of brown sandals that look very similar. Either wear tank tops or fitted tees. All are the same cut, just in different colors. I have owned at least 6 black woven sweaters over the course of 7-8 years. Buying a new one whenever they wear out.

    I do not tell people about my interests/private life unless asked. Often times people ask very vague questions, opening the possible answer given up to a whole list of what I think they should know. I also realize that there are people who are into one-upmanship, and I have no interest in playing those games. I prefer to be thought of below my actual abilities than deal with needless competition and conflict.

    I do keep a psychological distance from most people. It takes a very long time for me to be present with a person. This has to do with analyzing a person and how they behave to tell if they are stable. As well as just finding it impossible for it to be any other way. I also do not like to be touched or touch others. Hugs are awkward and almost painful, like being locked in a coffin.

    Anyway, I will add more later. Have to run off to work. Thank you for the replies so far.

  13. #13
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Kind of reminds me of myself. (Alpha, INTj).

    Different culture (?), perhaps that is why a different glow, but it could be INTj very well.


    Perhaps T subtype. (thus the ISTj vibe).
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What do you think about

    eating healthy?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really relate a lot to your description. Except the crying as a child.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  16. #16
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Your description sounds INTj to me too as I can identify with a lot of it. It sounds like the me during the more stressful periods in my life
    Very restless and physically active?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    90% of the time I am relatively healthy. I've been accused of being fanatical about my diet, but most of the people who say that aren't very healthy. That is one thing that seemed off about the INTj description -- not being particular about food. The other 10% of the time I allow myself to kick back and have a slice of pizza.

    I'm not the type to ever comment on what other people choose to do with their bodies. Personally, I notice I do not function very well mentally as well as physically when my diet is poor.

  18. #18
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeh I'm really attentive to that, too. So I don't know, not that you're necessarily the same type as me since we have to take into account the forer effect, but try reading the estp description.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  19. #19
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: My type?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I think of myself as a feeler type. As a child I would cry whenever my siblings were spanked, or whenever I saw someone in pain. I was very needy of my mother's attention, and cried whenever she left me alone for long periods. I attribute this to being an orphan. I was not adopted until I was 4-5 yrs old. I didn't have many friends growing up. At times I felt sad about this, but I can never recall feeling bored as a child. There was always something to think about or do.
    I'm not sure that your behavior as a child, especially in those circumstances, is of much help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I've always been very restless and physically active. I was never very good at team sports, but did reasonably well at solo sports. I did not like team sports because of the fear I would let people down. Anything that requires endurance and rigorous training appeals to me. Whenever I can not work off excess energy, I become very chatty and boisterous. Almost like the energy needs to be burned off somehow.
    That suggests EP or EJ temperament; your fear of letting people down may suggest > preference, or, going to the other extreme, PoLR.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I have always been an average/below average student, but score very high on tests/exams. This is probably why my grades improved drastically when I started attending college. If I can see how a certain problem is done step by step, if a similar problem is given I can work out how to solve it. I learn faster by this method than being given piecemeal problems. Every bit of knowledge exists to support or refute another piece of knowledge.
    That suggests over preference.

    So, so far we have EP or EJ, Gamma or Delta. ESFp, ENTj, ESTj, ENFp.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    Most of my friends are strong T types, as I find my personality and friendship style offends strong F types. They often think I do not like them or that I believe I am "hot stuff." I've been working on smalltalk and being friendly. I don't gain anything from these interactions, but find these are important to other people so I try. I've come to the conclusion that most people are so busy with their own issues/lives, that even if you are faking it they don't know the difference. I don't do this to hurt anyone or be deceitful, but to avoid conflict/negative feelings.
    Suggests role function, anyway again a dislike for .


    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I am 21 yrs old and have yet to be in a longterm relationship. Sometimes I crave the intimacy that others have with their SO's. But being with someone and tricking your emotions into feeling what otherwise would not be there is sort of ridiculous. I know I am capable of emotional attachment, but think a lot of that comes from shared experience/time together. I do not want to become emotionally attached to someone who is not suitable or will have a negative impact on my life.
    Again Gamma or Delta. However, I can see how an INTj or ISTj might have this perception.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    Dating/courtship are like foreign languages to me. Unless a person outright says they are interested, I will be clueless. I don't like playing the field, primarily because I am not adept at it. To a lesser extent I find it repugnant. I am not a virgin and believe sex can be casual. I doubt I am particularly good at it though, as I do not engage in much foreplay.
    At face value, this suggests -dual seeking but perhaps also -dual seeking.

    Actually my conclusion is ESTj or ENTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  20. #20
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    Uniform like clothing style. I own the same cut of jeans in varying shades of blue. Own three pairs of brown sandals that look very similar. Either wear tank tops or fitted tees. All are the same cut, just in different colors. I have owned at least 6 black woven sweaters over the course of 7-8 years. Buying a new one whenever they wear out.
    Low value for , and I relate to that actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I do not tell people about my interests/private life unless asked. Often times people ask very vague questions, opening the possible answer given up to a whole list of what I think they should know. I also realize that there are people who are into one-upmanship, and I have no interest in playing those games. I prefer to be thought of below my actual abilities than deal with needless competition and conflict.
    This is odd IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I do keep a psychological distance from most people. It takes a very long time for me to be present with a person. This has to do with analyzing a person and how they behave to tell if they are stable. As well as just finding it impossible for it to be any other way. I also do not like to be touched or touch others. Hugs are awkward and almost painful, like being locked in a coffin.
    Yep you don't like or .

    ENTj fits best, despite the bit above on disliking competition and conflict -- perhaps the way you deal with the role function.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  21. #21
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What does not fit -- your self-perception as a feeler type, although all the rest contradicts it.

    What does fit -- your testing as INTP. That is very common especially if you have a self-perception of being "introverted".

    The main reason I discounted INTp for you was your description as being "restless" which is anti-INTp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  22. #22
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Especially after the second description, I believe you to be INTj.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  23. #23
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As FDG pointed out, would an INTj make a point of describing herself as "restless"?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  24. #24
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Your description sounds INTj to me too as I can identify with a lot of it. It sounds like the me during the more stressful periods in my life
    Very restless and physically active?
    Well, no not that part, unless I'm stressed.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  25. #25
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You seem like a T-type to me. About the rest I'm not sure yet.

    A question...

    Imagine yourself working with a pair and you two disagree on what needs to be done next. Your pair says with a very confident voice "Sorry but your proposal is no good at all. To put it simple we will do this task my way. End of discussion. It is not negotiable. Now let's get to work."

    What is your reaction? (I use "he" when describing the options but if you wish you can switch "she" in there too)

    a) You laugh at his face and say with even stronger voice: "Haha. No. We do things MY way." and get ready for a conflict.

    b) You just love people who have this kind of leadership skills and confidence. You are glad to do things his way.

    c) Not that you love this kind of behavior but the other person seems so confident that he is probably right. You will do this task the way he proposed.

    d) You don't like the way he constructs his argument as he really has no argument he is just giving commands. It irritates you but well it doesn't really bother you THAT much and the last thing you want is conflict. You don't really like this person but you want to get the job done so you bite your lip and agree to do it his way. This time.

    e) You absolutely hate people who try to command you. Not that you are necessarily afraid of those people just that you have no respect for them. You completely dismiss the "proposal" as a non-argument and let the other person know this. Then you rationally explain why your way is better and expect a rational answer.

    f) You can't understand why would someone say something mean like that. You feel weak and like crying but you still refuse to cooperate even if it makes you feel bad to get into a conflict. You are a bit idealist in these manners and if you feel mistreated then you think you must fight back or at least expect an apology and a better constructed argument before you comply.

    g) You quit cooperating with him and search a new pair. No explanations needed.

    h) You get totally angry and start "bitching" about his behavior.

    i) (add your own option here)

  26. #26
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    XoX, good shit!

    I think your desc. is too general Aloha (nice funny name btw ), because an INTj, an ESTp and an ENTj all think that it fits.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  27. #27
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well at least we can agree on the T as opposed to the F.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

  28. #28
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    okay, obviously there isn't a clear cut answer here.

    I think she's an xxTp Se type... but she doesn't have an ESTp feel to her... but that could have been trained out of her or something. Based on what we know so far, the most likely types, in order, imo are:

    ESTp
    ENTp
    ISTp
    ESFp
    other logical type
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  29. #29
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Well at least we can agree on the T as opposed to the F.
    Yes but, again, she did not seem to be -dual seeking.

    Let me put it another way. From her description, did it sound like an would be her dual? I think not, with the information available so far.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  30. #30
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by oyburger
    Well at least we can agree on the T as opposed to the F.
    Yes but, again, she did not seem to be -dual seeking.

    Let me put it another way. From her description, did it sound like an would be her dual? I think not, with the information available so far.
    I would say inconclusive? I mean, I couldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no either. She didn't say anything about liking or disliking impulsivity etc etc
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  31. #31
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    on one hand, I see your point

    But on the other, the 5th and 6th functions are not very apparent and I don't think we often realize how much we appreciate our dual until we experience a healthy dual relationship. If she has been in a healthy, happy relationship with her dual (or even semi dual), she could describe it and we may have a better idea. The fact that she hangs around mostly "T types" reads to me like "mostly intelligent people who aren't overly sensitive").
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  32. #32
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    XoX, good shit!
    I agree, that is very good.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  33. #33
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I would say inconclusive? I mean, I couldn't say yes, but I couldn't say no either. She didn't say anything about liking or disliking impulsivity etc etc
    Ok, sure, but her reference to being around T-types and other stuff suggested to me that she dislikes , also in others. But I suppose an INTj could also have this self-perception.

    But please keep in mind that this one of the ways to differentiate an INTj from INTp. The INTj likes a partner with . The INTp is repelled by it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    But on the other, the 5th and 6th functions are not very apparent and I don't think we often realize how much we appreciate our dual until we experience a healthy dual relationship. If she has been in a healthy, happy relationship with her dual (or even semi dual), she could describe it and we may have a better idea. The fact that she hangs around mostly "T types" reads to me like "mostly intelligent people who aren't overly sensitive").
    Well, perhaps I am guilty of projection -- but in hindsight, I know that one thing I appreciated in the ISFjs I met before I knew anything about Socionics was their being "T" ie non- . So I wonder if some of those supposed T-types she refers to aren't actually dominants.

    So Joy, it might also read "mostly intelligent people who aren't focused on ".

    Anyway, hopefully she'll give us more information.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  34. #34
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh no, I have almost all of my friends that are T-types, and I don't dislike Fe at all...it's usually Fi types that start to tell me "who do you think you are" or tend to get offended by my humor/remarks, or they think i'm too loud or impulsive...that's why I tend to stay away from them.

    In any case, I think Aloha should decide between EP and EJ temperament.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  35. #35
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i'm beginning to think ENTj sounds like an option, and a very good one. in any case, i'm going with gamma as a quadra. my first thought on reading this was, "she sounds like a ISTj." an ISTj with a distate for .

    anyone want to take a stab at v.i.-ing her photo?

  36. #36
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Oh no, I have almost all of my friends that are T-types, and I don't dislike Fe at all...it's usually Fi types that start to tell me "who do you think you are" or tend to get offended by my humor/remarks, or they think i'm too loud or impulsive...that's why I tend to stay away from them.
    Yes I know, but from her description it seemed to me that what she dislikes is not .
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I do not tell people about my interests/private life unless asked. Often times people ask very vague questions, opening the possible answer given up to a whole list of what I think they should know. I also realize that there are people who are into one-upmanship, and I have no interest in playing those games. I prefer to be thought of below my actual abilities than deal with needless competition and conflict.
    This is odd IMO.
    I actually relate to this. I don't like people to think i am dumb, but i will not show as much knowledge as I actually have at times to avoid conflict or competition.

    And I can get very restless, but don't always do something about it.

  38. #38
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I do not tell people about my interests/private life unless asked. Often times people ask very vague questions, opening the possible answer given up to a whole list of what I think they should know. I also realize that there are people who are into one-upmanship, and I have no interest in playing those games. I prefer to be thought of below my actual abilities than deal with needless competition and conflict.
    This is odd IMO.
    I actually relate to this. I don't like people to think i am dumb, but i will not show as much knowledge as I actually have at times to avoid conflict or competition.
    I do too, but not for your motivations. I do it to have an edge in competition: if the other people think I'm dumber, they're gonna be unprepared when I actually show my true colors.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  39. #39
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i relate very much with this girl and especially her line of reasoning to avoid conflict. i'm really surprised.

    and with restlessness, yeah, i do the same thing. i think i rely on other people to help me out with that.

  40. #40
    oyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    somewhere overthere
    Posts
    2,528
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat

    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha2You
    I do not tell people about my interests/private life unless asked. Often times people ask very vague questions, opening the possible answer given up to a whole list of what I think they should know. I also realize that there are people who are into one-upmanship, and I have no interest in playing those games. I prefer to be thought of below my actual abilities than deal with needless competition and conflict.
    This is odd IMO.
    I actually relate to this. I don't like people to think i am dumb, but i will not show as much knowledge as I actually have at times to avoid conflict or competition.

    And I can get very restless, but don't always do something about it.
    Same
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •