3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Y'all too afraid to type me?
    I listened to both recordings:

-I see what you meant about your "serious" mode. The first recording does sound somewhere between Business and Cold Blooded, with emphasis on the first type. There's some type of tension present, it's very noticeable to me. Sounds like it's a job you're forced to do or something.

-Second audio is really natural and flows well, no way you sound anything but Passionate. The things is the Passionate examples @Olimpia posted are Egos, which is why they come across to both of us as "too much". Their performative tone is different from Egos, these just sound genuinely excited, like they are really having fun (or feeling whatever emotion at the moment) as opposed to trying to convey the impression they are.

-I think you're voice itself might be why you think you're the Sincere style, but the delivery is way more dynamic and bright. Just to begin with they don't raise their voices unless they feel particularly emotional, they are not monotone, but still quite uniform.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Here are some clear female examples.

The "basic bitch" voice. Please don't talk like this, ladies.

Wistful, dreamy, romantic, sweet and kind. I like it.

Serious indeed. Thoughtful...more conscious articulation than in the Harrison Ford example, but she is a politician.

I feel like this woman is trying too hard to be heard. She seems awkward.

What these recordings should show beyond a doubt is that you don't need to talk in a very animated way to be persuasive. Too much Fe can be a hindrance rather than a help, as it makes you look goofy and silly.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    The things is the Passionate examples @Olimpia posted are Egos, which is why they come across to both of us as "too much". Their performative tone is different from Egos, these just sound genuinely excited, like they are really having fun (or feeling whatever emotion at the moment) as opposed to trying to convey the impression they are.
    I type the guy as EIE, but the woman as IEE-Fi, actually. SEE-Fi and IEE-Fi can often come across as Fe ego because their Fe is their Demonstrative and their strongest function.
    (Especially IEE-Fi, because they have +Fe and are Childlike; SEE-Fi tend to seem a bit more serious with their -Fe.)

Another Passionate example, this time an SEE-Fi guy.

And here he is trying to sound a bit more "professional"/Business-like (Te HA?), but the intonation is still clearly Passionate.

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Y'all too afraid to type me?
    Don't affraid to show us yourself and we'll type you.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Don't affraid to show us yourself and we'll type you.
    I have shown myself already, many times. I have nothing to prove.

You do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have shown myself already, many times.
    I meant video. And you know it.
    Typing by voice is... too extravagant even for this forum. While by text.. I don't trust to text. Olimpia recently have fooled most here by such approach.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I meant video. And you know it.
    It does not matter.

Typing by voice is... too extravagant even for this forum. While by text.. I don't trust to text. Olimpia recently have fooled most here by such approach.
    You keep insisting that other people put videos up yet you won't do one yourself.

Do you lack faith in your own methods? One has to suspect so.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-24-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It does not matter.
    Good typing material matters in case you want to get the correct type.

> You keep insisting that other people put videos up yet you won't do one yourself.

Because unlike other people I don't ask to type me, like you do.
    Also sure in own type for long and checked it by IR with many people.

> Do you lack faith in your own methods?

Lacking the need since 2003. I told.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good typing material matters in case you want to get the correct type.
    Agreed; we simply disagree on what that material is.

Because unlike other people I don't ask to type me, like you do.
    Also sure in own type for long and checked it by IR with many people.
    Fair enough, but you would be wise to back off a little. You wouldn't want people to wonder if you had an ulterior motive

Lacking the need since 2003.
    Nearly 15 years! I am happy for you.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I type the guy as EIE, but the woman as IEE-Fi, actually. SEE-Fi and IEE-Fi can often come across as Fe ego because their Fe is their Demonstrative and their strongest function.
    (Especially IEE-Fi, because they have +Fe and are Childlike; SEE-Fi tend to seem a bit more serious with their -Fe.)

Another Passionate example, this time an SEE-Fi guy.

And here he is trying to sound a bit more "professional"/Business-like (Te HA?), but the intonation is still clearly Passionate.

I can't see IEE just based on the speaking style, since it's so different from the couple IEE-Fi's I know. Among the two my mom is quite enthusiastic and gets emotional easily, but actually she's like a scaterred SEE-Fi based on the examples you just posted, her pich is more over the place, and she takes wild turns on intonation.

It's interesting you say xEEs-Fi come across as Egos because while many other people seem to also think so, I could never see/hear it. To me Egos are the most unmistakable of the Socion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nearly 15 years! I am happy for you.
    Even 15 years of typing people is not enough to trust the opinion what material is good.
    While my opinion is common.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband was kind enough to quickly talk about his air conditioner issue for assistance in working out which communication style he uses.

*removed*
    Last edited by Hays; 11-30-2017 at 08:51 AM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please don't talk like this, ladies.
    *German mode activated* *batman voice* I will talk just the way I like it

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    *German mode activated* *batman voice* I will talk just the way I like it
    Schwarzenegger's (terminator voice) would fit better

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Shay You do sound Serious.
    Your voice is a good example of that CS.

It does seem like not too many people have studied the theory about the Communication Styles.
    I find it quite useful for typing, at least when it comes to those cases where someone's voice very clearly fits into one of the Styles.
    Of course there are people for whom it is more difficult to figure out their CS; due to subtype, or "overacting", or Enneagram, or Gender Roles etc.
    But still, when I type people, I do take into account their (most likely) Communication Style.

For example, I used to think @Satan could be an introvert based on his posts on here, but then when I heard him in voice chat, his CS was clearly Passionate.
    @totalize sounds pretty much like Business (with a tiny superficial note of Passionate at times).
    I have been talking to Satan on voice for close to 4 year in groups and in private. Definitely not "passionate" communication style and I don't think those of us who talk to him regularly would think so. @fox and I easily take over the tone in our group chats with him and a few others. There is a person with a very similar communication style to him so if we are not there yet they hardly even talk until we show up. He gets in a mood in groups now and then and tries to use Fe but it is just "cringe" to me because his Fe is not strong and it is more jocular than anything. Not his normal style. Perhaps to you that is what passionate sounds like? I say this not to insult him as he is one of my favorite people here. I have told him this before so it won't be new to him.

"In conversation, their position is an active search for feelings. They bring emotions to people around them. In their life scenarios, it is typical of them to marry earlier on the average than individuals other sociotypes. However, they also divorce more frequently than other sociotypes. These types understand dialogue as an exchange of emotions, as a kind of "sailing" through active currents of life."

You really think he is actively searching for feelings? I think using him as an example of this type of style is really bad and misleading.

Edit: Not to mention that some others in those same group chats you were in thought he was Fe polr.

Edit2: What is up with the marriage thing... I think that is a weird thing to add to communication style.
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-28-2017 at 04:22 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I have been talking to Satan on voice for close to 4 year in groups and in private. Definitely not "passionate" communication style and I don't think those of us who talk to him regularly would think so. @fox and I easily take over the tone in our group chats with him and a few others. There is a person with a very similar communication style to him so if we are not there yet they hardly even talk until we show up. He gets in a mood in groups now and then and tries to use Fe but it is just "cringe" to me because his Fe is not strong and it is more jocular than anything. Not his normal style. Perhaps to you that is what passionate sounds like? I say this not to insult him as he is one of my favorite people here. I have told him this before so it won't be new to him.

"In conversation, their position is an active search for feelings. They bring emotions to people around them. In their life scenarios, it is typical of them to marry earlier on the average than individuals other sociotypes. However, they also divorce more frequently than other sociotypes. These types understand dialogue as an exchange of emotions, as a kind of "sailing" through active currents of life."

You really think he is actively searching for feelings? I think using him as an example of this type of style is really bad and misleading.

Edit: Not to mention that some others in those same group chats you were in thought he was Fe polr.

Edit2: What is up with the marriage thing... I think that is a weird thing to add to communication style.
    What marriage thing?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    What marriage thing?
    Satan has never been married so wasn't saying in relation to him.

I get passionate people may marry and divorce, more than once, but as a description of communication style it is lacking but it also says sincere types prefer to do the homemaker thing and bake cookies I guess. :/ I just think it is strange to link a communication style to someone's commitment or lack of to a marriage.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Satan has never been married so wasn't saying in relation to him.

I get passionate people may marry and divorce, more than once, but as a description of communication style it is lacking but it also says sincere types prefer to do the homemaker thing and I guess bake cookies. :/ I just think it is strange to link a communication style to someone's commitment or lack of to a marriage.

Is it something she talked about in the video? I'm just curious cause I want to know what someone said or wrote about it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Is it something she talked about in the video? I'm just curious cause I want to know what someone said or wrote about it.
    I have not talked about it, because I find it is somewhat beside the point.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

It was a general comment on the marriage thing being part of the description and an afterthought to my response.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I feel confused. Where is this description? lol

Anyway, yeah Satan doesn't sound like that Passionate girl. He would maybe be a cross between the introverted feeling one (cant remember the name) with a flair of Passionate.
    He always sounds like he has a smile on his face

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I feel confused. Where is this description? lol
    Extroverted ethics, or “passionate”. (Fe users)
    Hugo, Hamlet, Napoleon, Huxley
    Their position in communication: an active search for feelings. They carry the emotions of people around them. For their life scenario is often characterized by the fact that on average they all get married before or marry. They are also more likely than other sociotypes to be divorced. Communication; they understand how the exchange of emotions, as a kind of “floating” in the turbulent flow of life. Designation of the group ER: a block Ego these four types is present or the ethics of emotions E as the first function or the ethics of relations R as the second function.
    http://thedeviantgentleman.tumblr.co...ication-styles

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

He always sounds like he has a smile on his face
    = ExFx

The Passionate girl was an extreme example, to make the differences between the styles obvious.
    Most people are more toned down.

Based on Satan's communication style and his behaviour on the forum and on discord, I'd have to type him as IEE (possibly Fi subtype) Sp/Sx (strong Sx).

On the forum he mostly seems "introverted" with strong Sx, whereas on discord his extroversion becomes apparent and his overall focus on Sp matters, like food etc.
    (He'd always tell me to go to sleep in time, aka when it was late he'd just PM me: "Go to sleep!", and being SP blindspot I wouldn't care. )

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

= ExFx

The Passionate girl was an extreme example, to make the differences between the styles obvious.
    Most people are more toned down.

Based on Satan's communication style and his behaviour on the forum and on discord, I'd have to type him as IEE (possibly Fi subtype) Sp/Sx (strong Sx).

On the forum he mostly seems "introverted" with strong Sx, whereas on discord his extroversion becomes apparent and his overall focus on Sp matters, like food etc.
    (He'd always tell me to go to sleep in time, aka when it was late he'd just PM me: "Go to sleep!", and being SP blindspot I wouldn't care. )
    Or he actually is smiling, which I think is true. Because he's kind of humorous, and also it can be an insecurity thing though I dont think he's insecure. When I talk to people sometimes I'll giggle alot cause I feel insecure.
    So you came around to the sp/sx stacking, thanks. I'm still sure he's 7w8.
    And yes, his SP first is obvious... he could go on about supplements or workout rutines or diets for probably hours.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Or he actually is smiling, which I think is true. Because he's kind of humorous, and also it can be an insecurity thing though I dont think he's insecure. When I talk to people sometimes I'll giggle alot cause I feel insecure.
    So you came around to the sp/sx stacking, thanks. I'm still sure he's 7w8.
    And yes, his SP first is obvious... he could go on about supplements or workout rutines or diets for probably hours.
    Don't remember that you typed him as Sp/Sx... But yeah, he's obviously Contraflow...
    And yeah, I think Type 7 is likely for him, too. Not sure about the 8 wing. He might have some CP 6 thing going on, which can seem 8. What you see as an "insecurity thing" could be nervous 6-ness, possibly.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While sincere is the "resting place" for my voice, my speech style has a lot of Passionate elements in it. People comment that I always sound enthusiastic, for better or worse.

I enjoy all of them except Serious.

---

Think this is a good example of Businesslike.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Based on Satan's communication style and his behaviour on the forum and on discord, I'd have to type him as IEE (possibly Fi subtype)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Olimpia: Per the men you showed.

Passionate: I hate the way the guy looks and it's distracting but I think I might like a more subtle example.

Sincere: My favorite. <3 Maybe because it feels kind of rare to hear in society or something since so many American males sound like LIE clones trying to sociopathically sell me something instead of just being honest. If I heard it all the time like I heard the serious/business types I might hate it too. It's hard to say.

Serious: Horrible.

Business: Die in a fire.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Hey I was surprised too, but he was rather Ne lead in voice chat, to the point that other people even considered ILE for him.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who’ve heard me on discord (@Aylen, @Olimpia, @Number 9 large, @fox, and anyone else I forgot), which one is mine??

Thanks in advance!

(I’m already pretty sure what it is but interested in your opinions too )
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hey I was surprised too, but he was rather Ne lead in voice chat, to the point that other people even considered ILE for him.
    I think this is a good teaching opportunity to explain what you see as "Ne" in him or what others saw as "Ne". I have not experienced him using Ne in an lead sort of way so maybe you can point it out? I am not challenging your perception because it is what you see. I am asking because most, myself included, will say we see a lot of something. For me it is often Ni but when it comes down to it, it is hard for me to say what is Ni in another other than I know it when I see it. I think the extroverted functions are a bit easier to isolate and point out. Especially if someone is describing something. You had said it was a passionate style of communicating but those who talk to him a lot do not see that. We see he gets touchy when anyone is expressing Fi related things (innermost feelings) and he will start spamming us with some weird things or calling us individually which I think is his way of showing he is bored with it. He will absolutely disrupt Fi related conversations. He doesn't like personal questions either. I think you have to know him really well for him to even answer anything of a very personal nature. I have talked to a delta irl friend of his who gets highly upset about it all but it doesn't bother me. I can tell when he is bored or uncomfortable with the subject matter. I am assuming what they picked up was his ep temperament more than anything and again I have to mention some of those same people who were in the voice chats back then thought he was SLI which I could see way before I could see Ne lead but he is not SLI either. I have probably talked to him more consistently than anyone here so have seen him more as a whole being. I am not going to type him because my typing is irrelevant but I do want to know what your idea of him using Ne looks like. I think it will help in understanding your typing of others as well.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne)

Introduction to

Extroverted intuition is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Ne, I, intuition of possibilities, or black intuition.Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others.Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators. Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

Ne as Leading Function

The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled. He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive introverted sensing).

Ne as Creative Function

The individual likes to apply his insight to specific situations, relating them to the bigger picture. He also enjoys discussing idealized circumstances or what could be rather than what is. Consequently, he usually has high standards, even unreasonably so, for those around him. He does not pursue ideas or new opportunities merely for their own sake, but for their application to specific questions and issues that he feels are important.

Ne as Role Function

The individual is uncertain of other people's motives, intentions, and abilities and prefers to give them clear commands and assignments and judge their intentions and potential by whether or not they fulfill these demands. He tends to openly express mistrust and skepticism towards all unexpected or novel behavior and developments, as well as towards information about things that he or she has not experienced directly. This mistrustful attitude usually goes away after the person has the chance to deal with the new thing, event, or behavior directly for a period of time and get used to it. He is able to orient himself quickly when he is in direct contact with events, things, or behavior, but when he is told about them far in advance or simply in the form of "random information that may come in handy some day," he usually doesn't know how to react to this information. The individual prefers to know what awaits him in specific areas in the near future rather than what awaits him "in general" and in areas that don't affect his central interests. The person is particularly aggravated when people are late for unclear reasons and behave in other independent and unpredictable ways. This gives them the feeling of hanging in the air and general uncertainty about the future. Being action oriented people, this is difficult to bear.

Ne as Vulnerable Function

The individual is highly skeptical about ideas and opportunities that appear not to lead anywhere specific, and seeks assurance that new innovations will definitely bring material benefits. He prefers the kind of ideas and innovations that offer solutions to existing problems rather than the kind that have uncertain consequences and are likely to bring upheaval and unnecessary change. The individual may tend to forcefully restrict other people's activities in areas he thinks they have no natural talent in. At the same time, he or she is prone to make errors when judging whether or not a person is capable of doing something. The individual generally does not try hard to understand multiple viewpoints, but concentrates on developing only his own. He is not very good at intriguing others with his ideas, even when they have significant merit. The individual dislikes it when people evaluate others' potential to engage in activities or develop skills in which they haven't had experience yet; above all he is uncomfortable with such discussions by other people regarding himself. He is inclined to be either over-skeptical of his own potential or going to the other extreme and overestimate his possibilities in specific areas on occasion.

Ne as Suggestive Function

The individual has great respect and admiration for people who are always pursuing something new and different and are not tied down to material things. He easily becomes attached to people who believe in his potential and praise him for his unique skills. He rarely emphasizes his talents, unique experience, or singularity publicly, but prefers to seem like "your average guy" so that others can relate to him easily. However, he is more open about his unique attributes in close personal relationships. He is sensitive about his talents and uniqueness because so often uniqueness creates distance between people rather than closeness. He dreams of having his uniqueness recognized, welcomed, and fostered by a close group, but "just in case" avoids emphasizing his uniqueness and talents in new or large group situations. Since he finds it difficult to identify what unique talents he has, this often results in a tendency to avoid setting long-term career goals.

Ne as Mobilizing Function

The individual deeply appreciates people who are full of ideas and imagination and who give them a sense of connectedness to what is happening "out there in the world," even if this information cannot be applied practically at the present moment. He is even more grateful for people who provide insightful ideas and unconventional analysis to enhance what he is working on or going through at the present moment.

Ne as Ignoring Function

The individual understands "external" connections made between different areas of knowledge and experience, but prefers to focus instead on "hidden" connections that have a special significance and help understand the mysterious, hidden nature of things. He is able to readily grasp the intrinsic potential of a given thing or situation, but prefers to restrict indulging such assessments in the face of understanding the latent processes underpinning said things.

Ne as Demonstrative Function

The individual is fairly good at generating all sorts of ideas, but doesn't himself take the ideas seriously and views the activity as a sort of entertaining exercise lacking in value. It is more natural for him to apply his imagination and vision specifically to those areas where he is trying to achieve something than to "indulge" in thinking about things that have no relation to those areas of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait View Post
    Those who’ve heard me on discord (@Aylen, @Olimpia, @Number 9 large, @fox, and anyone else I forgot), which one is mine??

Thanks in advance!

I will get back to you.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think this is a good teaching opportunity to explain what you see as "Ne" in him or what others saw as "Ne". I have not experienced him using Ne in an lead sort of way so maybe you can point it out? I am not challenging your perception because it is what you see. I am asking because most, myself included, will say we see a lot of something. For me it is often Ni but when it comes down to it, it is hard for me to say what is Ni in another other than I know it when I see it. I think the extroverted functions are a bit easier to isolate and point out. Especially if someone is describing something. You had said it was a passionate style of communicating but those who talk to him a lot do not see that. We see he gets touchy when anyone is expressing Fi related things (innermost feelings) and he will start spamming us with some weird things or calling us individually which I think is his way of showing he is bored with it. He will absolutely disrupt Fi related conversations. He doesn't like personal questions either. I think you have to know him really well for him to even answer anything of a very personal nature. I have talked to a delta irl friend of his who gets highly upset about it all but it doesn't bother me. I can tell when he is bored or uncomfortable with the subject matter. I am assuming what they picked up was his ep temperament more than anything and again I have to mention some of those same people who were in the voice chats back then thought he was SLI which I could see way before I could see Ne lead but he is not SLI either. I have probably talked to him more consistently than anyone here so have seen him more as a whole being. I am not going to type him because my typing is irrelevant but I do want to know what your idea of him using Ne looks like. I think it will help in understanding your typing of others as well.

I will get back to you.
    When I first joined I was almost convinced he was ILE (dunno, the playfulness and certain randomness - i used to read any randomness and eccentricity as Ne or at least intuition back then), but after chatting with him for longer completely changed my mind. He's def not intuitive imo, very practical and concrete in his outlook and things he talks about - ST imo. There's no abstract debates and numerous topics and interests the way Ne leads do it. Therefore, I could also see SLI way before Ne lead. Anyway, SLI doesn't match either for various reasons. As for him being ethical, his Fi doesn't seem well developed -it is in more primitive form shall we say (of a vulnerable, kinda paranoid kind) and his Fe is just in a form of joking and provoking, nothing more sophisticated. He's not super easy to type though, he's certanly no stereotype of any type : ). If I have to decide, I would type him SLE, makes most sense, although an unusual one for sure.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

For the sake of this thread: He does not sound Serious at all, not even remotely, which would rule out SLI easily. He sounds Passionate to me, end of story. And I am not the only one who thinks so. You guys have developed a personal bias for his type being a certain way etc. because you are "close" with him... I don't.

His lack of delving deeply into personal topics seems mostly E7-related. They often don't like to talk about personal topics. They often evade them. Likely in order to evade negative feelings. @Tearsofaclown does the same thing. I almost never see him discuss personal issues, he always only focuses on ideas, concepts, information, in a very Ne-Te loop manner.

The way that Satan's Fi comes out, is whenever he takes note of who likes whom; who has a crush on whom, who is flirting with whom; he checks and mostly accurately picks up on that, and frequently comments on that, which is rather Fi and/or SX ime.

The topics he likes to talk about are simply Sp/Sx + Si, which make him seem more ST than he really is.

What you think could be Se lead is just his Se Role + contraflow + Sx, at least imo.
    When it comes down to it, he lacks legit force.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thanks in advance!

You sound like a mix of Sincere and Passionate, you are on the edge there.
    So based on your voice alone, you'd be an Ethical "ambivert" (Contact subtype).

*********** 21-04-19:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

happens when you read a phone book to a bunch people and they are mesmerized by it.

so freaking easy...

IEI's and their logic. You always have to construct new parallel universe when they start.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 12-01-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like a mix of Sincere and Passionate, you are on the edge there.
    So based on your voice alone, you'd be an Ethical "ambivert" (Contact subtype).
    Cool, that’s kind of what I was thinking - not quite one but including Passionate (Sincere as the other one makes sense since they’re both ethical).

I’m glad you were able to remember.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

For the sake of this thread: He does not sound Serious at all, not even remotely, which would rule out SLI easily. He sounds Passionate to me, end of story. And I am not the only one who thinks so. You guys have developed a personal bias for his type being a certain way etc. because you are "close" with him... I don't.

His lack of delving deeply into personal topics seems mostly E7-related. They often don't like to talk about personal topics. They often evade them. Likely in order to evade negative feelings. @Tearsofaclown does the same thing. I almost never see him discuss personal issues, he always only focuses on ideas, concepts, information, in a very Ne-Te loop manner.

The way that Satan's Fi comes out, is whenever he takes note of who likes whom; who has a crush on whom, who is flirting with whom; he checks and mostly accurately picks up on that, and frequently comments on that, which is rather Fi and/or SX ime.

The topics he likes to talk about are simply Sp/Sx + Si, which make him seem more ST than he really is.

What you think could be Se lead is just his Se Role + contraflow + Sx, at least imo.
    When it comes down to it, he lacks legit force.
    It may be the end of story for you but that is because you are not open to any feedback on someone's type once you type them but if you use someone as an example of a style or type it really isn't the end of the story. Those who know the person might have more to add. Blaming it on his 7 is a good out for you though but I could use the 7 to explain why what you are seeing is 7 related and not Ne related.

Ok, so he can tell when two people are flirty, by the tone of their voice to each other and can watch them posting back and forth to each other cute or silly things and he happened to guess right on a couple? That is Ne?

Assuming that what going on, how do you know his "who likes who" was coming from him? Maybe it was from other people gossiping and he was the one who wanted to provoke reactions so he teased them about it? If someone else fed him the low down on those things would you reconsider if he was using Fi or not? I mean anyone perceptive in the least were already talking about those flirtations anyway. He has teased me about being into Mu but it isn't true. I have the same kind of interactions with Mu most people do here. Passing friendliness. Satan throws something out there to see what will stick. When people react he can see he hit on something. You are assuming too much about his Fi radar for forum romance. He can't even remember half your names until I remind him.

You say we are biased and I say we are informed. I can't refute your perception in a way that doesn't invade his privacy though but I was just curious.

YWIMW

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm Cold-blooded but still aware of effect.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks in advance!

sincere/passionate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast