Thread: Issues with Socionics

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Issues with Socionics

How about, instead of confining people to categories that may or may not work out to be at all practical, we work on identifying relations empirically. For example, ignore any preconceived notion of personality.

My issue comes from the inability for people to coherently define aspects of their personality. I get it, you see things in a line, and I see things in a bunch lines. But how does that make me hate you and you hate me? As such, I'd like to share things I read about people hating each other.

Context of the situation. Someone has a migraine, and you say hi, and this leads to an aggressive response. This second person lumps the person with the migraine into a category of mean people, or applies a label of not cool or some such thing.

Skill and style. One person is incredibly skilled in the social ways, and as such, can compensate for someone who is quite bad. This can put off a person who sees that skill as a threat. This can also make that person see the other person as pompous, and not one of them. Skill bleeds into style, and vice versa. Someone who curses a lot definitely has style, and this puts them off a lot of people a bunch. Same with someone who doesn't curse, who might be perceived as prude.

Static predispositions. This site is pretty much a place for this kind of thing. I don't think I need to explain this, other than "you are an XXXX, therefore I won't bother". Some of these are well founded, the mind body connection is quite real. Too bad none of the accredited ones aren't even touched upon here, like depression, manic-depressive mood disorder, psychopathy, schizophrenia, anxiety, so on and so forth. There are more of these then there are personality types.

Knowledge or skill of a subject. Just because you aren't on my level, you are not worth my time. This is how business culture works at the moment, even though typically the people who claim to be are lower than you are, and get there due to the above skill and style. Entire corporations are based on this.

Someone did something. You like them because they gave you five dollars for lunch. You hate them because they socked you in the jaw. So on and so forth. Probably can be lumped into context.

Emotional state. [tangent]My psychology teacher expressed some kind of spiritualistic energy that makes positive feelings make things better. Well, I'm pragmatic, and call BS. I say your emotions, which, I believe are more or less weighted random, make perception of events go through a filter. Everyone's filter is different. [/tangent] Anyways, the point is that nobody goes into the various emotional states on this forum, just cognitive functions, which seem to not be equal to emotional states.

These are all options I just came up with on the spot, and none of them have to do with socionics. I feel that they are more important. So uh yeah, how do we solve this? As maker of the thread, I would rather not extending socionics to cover this, or making new stereotypes.

NOTE, this is a disclaimer, I don't know if there are actual people who do empirical evidence on socionics. I don't know what the Easterners do about it, or what. All I know is that most of this forum is quite unproductive, and it irks me that people just sit there doing nothing.

I'd reword my words to be more pleasing, such as in a sonnet, but I don't have the wherewithal to do that. This already takes more effort than it is worth. Free-verse is fine.

So uh yeah. I'll be looking for a place to ask questions. And looking for good questions. I really need to ask more questions instead of stewing about here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) We're not going to start up with your bullshit opinions on the entire praxis of various individuals with differing levels of expertise.
    2) You want empiricism and practicality? Pick and choose a real example from this forum, and state each individual error.
    3) Tell us which goal you are prioritizing and why your approach entails a better package of costs and benefits.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If theory of Socionics is correct (it is good about IR in my experience), then there is no sense to reject it.
    The problems are not only from the theory, but from how you are using it. You need correct types, at first.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I did it, I had someone explain all this to me. Surprisingly, he's not from this forum. How about that. Personally, he thinks forums are dumb for this kind of thing. Well, anyways, He'd like to remain anonymous. Solved pretty much all my issues. Well, I now feel more qualified to deal with the subject matter.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I were a betting man I would wager that actual brain scans and categories based on scans and their implicated behavior, would not happen to line up with and prove socionics and Jung. I don't believe in wishful thinking, but actual empirical data and what the likely implications of the data is, not "let's see how we can use science to prove our philosophical speculations". That is pseudoscience.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it's too subjective. People have a subjective understanding of the functions, arbitrarily type someone they know as X type and then type others who look/act/smell like Y person as X type. Yeah great. : /