Thread: Socionics types and self-discipline

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and self-discipline

What functions and types do you connect to self-discipline?
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-07-2020 at 09:47 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Don't forget ESEs! I think self discipline is linked to SJ types if anything, NPs having the least. However, any type can learn to become self disciplined if they put in the effort and have the desire, NPs included IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Self-discipline/conscientiousness is correlated with or even equated with j in Socionics, which in my experience can be a gross mistake. There are undisciplined or less conscientious ESI and LSI people in the world. ExI-Fi individuals can be surprisingly non-conscientious. Could have something to do with weak Te. You cannot use both Fi and Te at the same time, so.

I've found that s-d/c is highest in Je leading types, aka Exxj, on average. Followed by Je subtype people.

With all other types, it is all over the board, though it is true that the more Perceiving-heavy someone is, the more likely they are going to be less conscientious, but there can be exceptions.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I largely agree with @Olimpia here.

The "j" in Socionics refers to Rationality. Rational types prefer order to flexibility, dislike multitasking and deal with one obstacle at a time.

Furthermore, Rationality-Irrationality is a dichotomy. You either lead with a Rational or an Irrational information element - not 61% j or 39% p. Socionics traits are not measured on a spectrum like the MBTI and Big 5. For this reason alone, it is unwise to compare Socionics to these two systems as they will never have a clear correlation. xxI types, in particular, tend to score low on Judging/Conscientiousness metrics and usually type as Perceivers, not Judgers.

"Self-discipline" is also a highly subjective concept. What does it even mean to be disciplined, and how are we going to assess that?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it even mean to be disciplined, and how are we going to assess that?

I view discipline as being rigid, hardened, serious and business-like. Denying pleasure and gay Fe stuff for the sake of morals and traditional values.... so you succeed well in a career and earn society's respect. It takes self-discipline to accomplish all of that stuff. You know it when you see it etc. I do value some self-discipline but too much is very annoying to me, the person is more like a robot than a human being.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Self discipline?

There are self-disciplined EIIs but not all of them are. Some of them become so stressed that they loose their health.

How would one determine it? If person does things for others throughout his/her life then is that self discipline?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

J types

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rationals with sensing, ESE-Fe and LSI-Se I think are the top most disciplined.

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I also think that J types are probably high in conscientiousness, since they seek closure and naturally operate in a predetermined structure/mindframe. Being a sensor probably helps as well since they are more "grounded" in present reality and well aware of their immediate surroundings, so disarray may be more likely to stand out to them. SJ's are probably really good at detecting and adressing what's "out of the correct order".

As for P types -and for pretty much anyone - setting a goal that is closely connected to or deeply resonates with whatever it is they value most (e.g.: conquering/winning for SLE, healthy mind/body for SLI, passionate self-expression/receiving love for EIE, and so on...) is likely to make them work conscientiously towards it.
    I imagine certain conditions in the environment such as a moderate degree of competition ( "if I'm not on top of everything this thing I love so much may not be reachable") reasonable but fixed deadlines, and the freedom for the P type to be able to choose and pursue what they truly want would also serve as motivation for conscientiousness.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

J temperaments are related to discipline, also its important remember that there are Rational/Irrational Elements, they goes like this:

Rationals (j): Logic and Ethics. Te/Ti and Fe/Fi elements are related to discipline.
    Irrationals (p): Intuition and Sensing Se/Si and Ne/Ni, undisciplined.
    Last edited by Hope; 11-22-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought of it more of putting off indulgence/fun in the moment to achieve a bigger passion/dream/goal later.
    That's exactly what I said, just in a different way. Didn't mean to imply that you can't really enjoy what you do at work or anything.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post

How would one determine it? If person does things for others throughout his/her life then is that self discipline?
    Yours is a good question; if we relate self-discipline to conscentiousness in the Big 5 spectrum, the C-element has been lately divided into two main traits:

- Orderliness
    - Industriousness

(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consci...ss#cite_note-7)

"the former which is associated with the desire to keep things organized and tidy and the latter which is associated more closely with productivity and work ethic.[7]"

Overall, I can hardly remember someone who would easily score at the top in both domains, mostly due to time constraints - if you spend your time achieving goals, you don't necessarily have time to keep everything orderly. Perhaps some LSEs or LSIs can last long in both domains, however they usually aim for rather low-flying goals which require little time investment.

Doing this for others: if you agreed to do them and do not follow through, you lose C-points. If you disagreed, it should not matter in your C-score.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)