Hello there! I think there is a good chance I am an xII-Ne or an IxE-xi, but I'm not sure what I actually am. I could very well be something else entirely. I think I might be Se PoLR, which hints towards xII-Ne, but I still don't know. Contextually, I am a female in america and 9w1 6w5 (insert heart fix) sp/so in enneagram. Thanks in advance to anyone who actually responds!

I
1. How do you work? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters that determine whether you can do work or not? What are they?

At my best I work very hard and all at once, trying hard to ensure that the end result is of high quality. I work alone preferably, as working with others makes me feel out of control. Most people go to work because they must earn money in order to provide for themselves and their families, so for survival. I can work in almost any situation, but I am only motivated if someone else asks me to do the work. If the only reason to work is because I want something, the task will never be complete (at least in a timely manner). Obligation is my best motivator.

2. How do you determine the quality of work? How do you determine the quality of a purchase? Do you pay any attention to it?
I guess that depends on what kind of work, because I'm going to "grade" an essay differently than I would the work of someone who volunteered. Generally, I determine the quality of work based upon what the task was and how close the resultant came to accomplishing the task. With purchases, I look at the overall quality of the item (mostly durability because I tend to break everything), but also the price at which it is being purchased. "Does it make sense to pay $x for item a?" I do pay a lot of attention to such things.

3. There is a professional next to you. How do you know they are a professional? How do you evaluate their skill?

I really don't unless they show or tell me (unless they are wearing some tag or something that specifically indicates they are a professional. Similarly to the above, I evaluate their skill based on their ability to accomplish a given task, but also look at how easily/efficiently they accomplish the task.

4. If you struggle to do something, how do you fix that? Do you know if your performance is better or worse than others?
I usually either keep trying till I cannot try any more to make whatever I'm doing easier or I throw in the towel quickly. I'm pretty keen at noticing how good/bad my performance is comparatively to others, however I'll usually underrate myself.

5. How do you measure the success of a job? What standard do you use? Do you pay attention to it? When should you deviate from this standard?
Review the above responses. I do pay attention to this. The standard I use is pretty general and can apply to many things, but should be deviated upon when things require subjective interpretation.

II

1. What is a whole? Can you identify its parts? Are the parts equivalent to the whole?

Wow this question couldn't be any more vague. A whole is sort of a generality, a combination of many small things to make one great thing. I can identify it's parts if I want to. While putting the parts together make a whole, the whole can sometimes be better or worse than it's parts if you look at it contextually. Sometimes the parts on their own are useless until you put them all together.

2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? How do you know you are being logical?
Logical means sensible, or driven by the facts. At times logic can be something that is commonly viewed, but often times it deviates from common "logic" or sense. I know I'm being logical if I am considering the big picture rather than small details which may bias my senses.

3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Explain how hierarchy is used in a system you are familiar with.
A hierarchy is a system which revolves around the perceived roles of beings within the hierarchy. You have hierarchy in the job/business field (Manager->executive->employee), the education sphere, and even the social sphere (cast system, wage system). Hierarchy is useful sometimes to follow, and at other points not. In the work field it's somewhat important, because the hierarchy sort of separates the tasks, making the work organism more efficient, and in the education field keeps people under control and working. Still, it can sometimes be too stiff, allowing ideas and people to get crushed by the weight of those considered "above them." A hierarchy can be useful if their is mutual respect for one another regardless of their position within the hierarchy.

4. What is classification? How does classification work? Why is it needed and where is it applied? Give examples.
A classification is the separation of ideas,objects, ect. into different groups based on common properties, uses, ect. Examples would be the food pyramid, which classifies the health of food based upon what benefits/detriments they have on the human body. It is needed almost everywhere, and helps one make generalities in order to solve problems more quickly or understand things at a higher level.

5. Are your ideas consistent? How do you know they are consistent? How do you spot inconsistency in others’ ideas?
I'd imagine not but honestly... I'm not sure how I would tell if they were. I guess if they yield the same results over time or they revolve around relatively the same topics, they'd be consistent. You can tell if someone's ideas are consistent by comparing them to each other and breaking them apart.

III
1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? How does it happen?

Others can, but I cannot seem to do so.

2. How do you get what you want? What do you do if you have to work to get what you want?
Depends on what I want. I usually ask or put in the work myself to get what I want. Occasionally, I can persuade others to get it for me/do the work for me, but that's not a nice thing to do so I usually don't. If I have to work, than I have to work. Work doesn't bother me unless what I want isn't worth the work.

3. How do you deal with opposition? What methods do you use to defend your interests?
Opposition makes me curious, and I'll usually question the opposition to see why they feel it is appropriate to oppose me. I could always be in the wrong, you never know. I defend my interests verbally if I must, or I just ignore the opposition.

4. When do you think it’s ok to occupy someone’s space? Do you recognize it?
When they tell me I can (verbally/non verbally). I don't usually recognize this easily, although I generally don't like to get in people's space.

5. Do others think you are a strong-willed person? Do you think you have a strong will?
Yes, primarily because I have a lot of endurance and don't back down easily from a challenge I'd like to face. I don't think I have a strong will though, because I am somewhat easy going and often to cautious to exert my will.

IV
1. How do you satisfy your physical senses? What examples can you give? What physical experiences are you drawn to?

...By eating and finding a safe environment? I don't have many urges generally, so it's not hard to satisfy my physical senses. I'm drawn to physical experiences that bring me somewhere balanced between indulgence and deprivation. Moving towards either end of the spectrum makes me really uncomfortable.

2. How do you find harmony with your environment? How do you build a harmonious environment? What happens if this harmony is disturbed?
By isolating myself or finding a place that seems secure. I don't actively try to build a harmonious environment unless I feel overwhelmed, in which case I leave the discomfort.

3. What does comfort mean to you? How do you create it?

Security, by not doing/trying things that are going to kill me.

4. How do you express yourself in your hobbies? How do you engage yourself with those things?

Yikes what hobbies? They're mostly just an expression of feelings or a release. My hobbies are a means to regain focus primarily. I engage more mentally than physically with my hobbies, as many of them (outside of playing music) involve more thinking than anything else.

5. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself, or trust someone else to do it? Why?
Even as an artist I’m not really design savvy (my drawings actually tend to be either too saturated in color or too bland), and the way I would design a room would be based upon its purpose. Generally, regardless of what I do, my designing tends to be color coordinated. If it were an office, I’d try to make the room neutral in color and bland in design, as to not create many distractions, maybe add something quirky like a tea box to hold pencils or something. If it were my room or something, maybe I’d have a lot of wood. I’ve had a weird urge to build a glass eye lamp (not real glass eyes, like clear one’s with colored irises so light to flow through in different colors), so I suppose my house would have a bunch of “weird knick knacks.”

V
1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

Depends on the scenario. Sometimes it is, other times it isn’t, personally I don’t like to express them unless it’s joy or concern. Crying in public isn’t ok (for only me, it’s fine for other people) unless you’re at a funeral. Laughing at funerals also is pretty inappropriate, although it’s understandable to do in private if that’s how you express your pain.

2. How do you express your emotions? Can you tell how your expressions affect others in a positive or negative way?

While I try to keep my emotions within, usually they are very visible to others and somewhat outwardly expressed (excluding anger and annoyance, which I try to make visible and no one notices). In my healthier/more natural states, I express emotion, especially fear, through art or verbal communication because doing so makes me feel more comfortable. Currently, I have a lot of physical “tics” that are used to express emotion. The expression of my emotions doesn’t seem to affect people at all, except for my joy which can sometimes annoy people.

3. Are you able to change your demeanor in order to interact with your environment in a more or less suitable way? How do you determine what is suitable?
Somewhat, although it’s not easy. I’m a bit slow to social cues, so I try to keep the seem polite, reserved, cerebral deposition when I am around most people (outside of immediate family). I’m capable of manipulation and persuasion, but don’t usually engage in this unless I really need to because it makes me feel bad. I determine what’s suitable through cues.

4. In what situations do you feel others’ feelings? Can you give examples of when you wanted to improve the mood of others?
I’m pretty good at empathizing with others, it’s fairly easy to put myself into other’s shoes unless they’re behaving ridiculously. Still, I’ve had a lot of practice because my mom has pretty bad depression/ptsd. I’m always looking to make things better for her, especially when she feels particularly bad. I try to improve mood by listening to her speak and bringing her out into the world and pointing out the good and beautiful things surrounding or agreeing with her viewpoints and sympathising with her.

5. How do others’ emotions affect you? How does your internal emotional state correlate or contrast with what you express?
I’m pretty good at separating my emotions from others emotions even if I can understand and feel them. They don’t affect me unless they are extremely negative, in which case I try to help and make them less negative. My internal emotional state is pretty contrasting to what I express, because I have a tendency to be incredibly uneasy and testy which outwardly seeming easygoing and open. I don’t actually try to be like this, it sort of just happens.

VI
1. How can you tell how much emotional space there is between yourself and others? How can you affect this space?

I usually can’t, so I just go with my gut (which in retrospect isn’t smart). It’s really nice when people give out clue about the level of intimacy they feel towards me in an obvious way, because this makes it easier to judge and more comfortable. I’m not great at affecting the space, although I have mastered creating distance between myself and others. Slowly ween interaction and the distance will increase.

2. How do you determine how much you like or dislike someone else? How does this affect your relationships?
Usually I feel just about the same about everyone? I guess I judge how much I like or dislike someone based on the amount of joy/comfort/stimulation I get when I am around them. I don’t think this has a huge affect on the relationship, although people tend to be bothered by how distant I can be.

3. How do you move from a distant relationship to a close one? What are the distinguishing characteristics of a close relationship?
A truly intimate/close relationship implies that you can talk to that person about anything and everything without feeling discomfort (at least ideally), and in turn that person can do the same with you, as well provide commentary/opinions about your life/decisions without you getting touchy about it. Distance to intimacy sort of just depends on the amount of interaction the two people have. A change from distance to closeness sort of just happens overtime I suppose?

4. How do you know that you are a moral person? where do you draw your morality from? Do you believe others should share your beliefs on what’s moral? Why?
I suppose I am moral because I am not actively causing harm to anything that I know of currently? Of course, we all draw our morality/values to some degree from our culture, environment, and from the ones we hold dear. There is, of course, also a subjective interpretation of what we feel is right or wrong based on the experiences we’ve been given. I don’t think others would have a problem with what I find moral or not for the most part, others are likely to share at least some of my morality.

5. Someone you care about is acting distant to you. How do you know when this attitude is a reflection of your relationship?
Again, I likely don’t unless they flat out tell me the problem. I try to actively communicate to experiment, to see if they try to avoid me. If they do, it’s likely a reflection of our relationship.

VII
1. How can you tell someone has the potential to be a successful person? What qualities make a successful person and why?

Everyone has the potential to be a successful person in some form or another. You look at their talents and skill set to see in which areas they would be successful. Usually, motivated, patient, hardworking,adaptable, creative, and “people oriented” people are what stereotypically is viewed to make a person successful. This is because success is usually linked to the sphere of business in pop culture for some reason.

2. Where would you start when looking for a new hobby? How do you find new opportunities and how do you choose which would be best?
I sort of just look at what interests me at the moment and what I am good at/would like to be good at and what materials I have to pursue the hobby. Usually I don’t actively look for new opportunities, they sort of just happen/pop up, and I choose which ones to pursue based on the goals I have for the future and which ones I actually have the skillset to pursue.

3. How do you interpret the following statement: “Ideas don’t need to be feasible in order to be worthwhile.” Do you agree or disagree, and why?
I feel neutrally about this. Ideas are really nice to have, and having them is worthwhile if they give you joy but… Blind idealism really doesn’t get anything done unless there is some feasible way to realize the idea. I’ve watched this sort of idealism hurt a lot of people in the past.

4. Describe your thought process when relating the following ideas: swimming, chicken, sciences. Do you think that others would draw the same or different connections?
Well, immediately I imagined a chicken in a swimming pool with glasses and a lab coat. Then I though about the science of a swimming chicken… Can chickens actually swim? They don’t have webbed feet like water fowl so I don’t know how they’d get anywhere, but neither do dogs and they can swim so that really doesn’t narrow it down. I would imagine that a chicken would float for a while, but then the feathers would eventually weigh them down… I think? **LOOKED UP ANSWER ON GOOGLE** Ah, I suppose experience says that I was right, chickens can not swim. I’m sure other people could make the same connections, mine don’t seem too far off the beaten path.

5. How would you summarize the qualities that are essential to who you are? What kind of potential in you has yet to be actualized and why?
Yikes this is a scary question. I definitely have the potential to do… something? I am ok at music, art, and problem solving, I have a lot of self control, I think I’m fairly intelligent (I have an IQ over -5)... What is essentially me though? Who knows...

VIII
1. How do people change? Can you describe how various events change people? Can others see those changes?

People are always changing and learning and growing with every new experience, person, or object they encounter. Going to school can give people untold amounts of knowledge and change them so they are capable of accomplishing things they couldn’t once before. Abuse can make people fearful and untrusting of society, even if they were an optimist before. Sometimes you can see the changes if you are paying attention.

2. How do you feel and experience time? Can time be wasted? How?
Time to me is something that passes above me. If I’m enjoying myself, time is flying around me but lasting an eternity. If I’m suffering, I can feel every tick of the clock as each agonizing second passes. I guess my time experience relates back to my feelings (which is something I didn’t realize till I wrote it down). The idea that time can be wasted is completely subjective and a human made concept, but to be honest I believe so anyways. If I am doing nothing and just enjoying myself/indulging without a purpose, not working towards something, I consider time wasted.

3. Is there anything that cannot be described with words? What is it? If so, how can we understand what it is if language does not work?
YES. There are so many things that cannot be described in words, such as the colors we see the world that we interpret, the feelings that we feel. I can say that I see red, but what does red mean? Light with 650 nm wavelength? Scientific, but not describing what “red” actually is to you or to others. I can say I am sad and I can cry or I can jump about and say that I am feeling joy about it, but you may never feel the pain that I feel nor the energy that I feel. Can you ensure that anything can be understood even if language exists?

4. How do you anticipate events unfolding? How can you observe such unfoldments in your environment?
As long as you have a decent grasp over cause and effect you can anticipate events. If you make events into systems and use comparative analysis, this sometimes makes it fairly easy to do. I observe them passively? I watch as events unfold, rarely using my will to effect them.

5. In what situations is timing important? How do you know the time is right to act? How do you feel about waiting for the right moment?
Most situations? When crossing the street timing is important, when telling someone you love them timing is important, when enacting a plan timing is often important. You know when it is time to act when you see the cues for action emerge or when you “feel” the time is right. I’m very patient, but I rarely know when it is the right time to act.