Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Type me video

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me video

Here's your video. Type me.

Hopefully you watch the whole thing and hopefully you give reasons to support your typing. This should be good.

Here's my typing thread from before. Seems people couldn't decide between Te and Se lead there:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin.../54957-Type-Me
    Last edited by Retsu77; 11-18-2017 at 09:30 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Cool. You come across a lot differently and frankly more likeable than I expected. I don't have time to watch it all but your energy doesn't strike me as extroverted ST.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    LII
    Agreed. I'll further the typing by saying LII-Ti.

Proof? "Reasons to support your typing." Pretty obvious case.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni 8w9
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    LIE-Ni 8w9
    You're broken.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

thanks for doing this

you seem alpha to me. very Ti/Fe Si/Ne axis on the whole. lots of different reasons but the quadral values really come across

sometimes youll say stuff like "this should be good" and it sounds like it could be coming from a lot of different places, but if you interpret it as a relatively dry and straightforward remark in the mouth of LII it makes a lot of sense. prior to this it seemed like a kind of Se challenge or haughtiness or something, but I think maybe you do something similar to me which is state things with less of a filter while online so it creates a certain impression that is not necessarily accurate because people project a certain level of forcefulness behind it based on their own expectations of whos behind the words. i think this was really helpful to contextualize a lot of that

I could see that kind of talk being useful in a relationship with ESE/SEI, but it can be taken the wrong way by other types. same thing goes to a lot of your criticisms of Fi and stuff, at first it sounds kind of hostile or ungrounded but now it makes a lot of sense and i don't think is as ugly as it sounds when you realize there's like a lot of ti (valuing) behind it. in other words, it would be a very different picture of LIE or LSE saying those same things than LII etc

it also makes sense when you consider delta as sort of the SJW flagbearer and alpha sort of tearing a lot of that down, because of quadral progression and how alpha has to shake things up to get things moving again after delta settles in and slows everything way down. the rhetoric you're using sounds very useful toward that end, because it sort of minimizes a lot of whats going on at the heart of those movements and then redirects a lot of attention to their other (sometimes flawed) aspects to the philosophy or outlook or ideology. in other words you sort of quickly and comfortably dispense with the ideas so easily which really speaks to a psychological predisposition that has a different purpose, but one that needs to be inoculated against that which would slow it down... so its like you're sort of inoffensive in the right ways so as to be able to make those comments without it being inherently offensive but at the same time hostile to the ideas, which is precisely what works to progress in a situation like that. in other words, to progress things, one has to not be susceptible to the criticisms of SJWism, which you don't seem to be your nature--its hard to imagine you oppressing people, etc-- but at the same time entirely intellectually hostile to the ideas, not out of "wanting to get away with shit" but precisely from the point of view of seeing the flaws without falling into the areas that it means to address. a superior vantage point from a quadral point of view etc another way to say the positive aspects to SJW criticism don't really apply to you so easily, but you clearly perceive their defects, making you a good banner carrier against SJWism. it has to do with SJWism being obsessed with fairness and hypocrisy in a Fi way, but nothing is going to beat Robespierre at achieving that, who dispenses with the Fi to create that perfect symmetry

I sort of had in mind a picture of a person attacking SJWism from a point of view of being the kind of person it was meant to address, but it doesn't seem like that is the case at all... I dunno how that whole thing got set up, maybe somehow, in the mind of the forums, you were associated and anchored to Te valuing and so it took a lot of evidence to sort of move off that assumption. I feel like the words in your mouth don't really carry the same level of repugnancy they might have if you really were Te valuing, because I don't see what you're saying as the same kind of "drive a car through a crowd of protestors" type stuff, but rather "lets be cool and rational" about this stuff (in a Ti/Fe way)
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-18-2017 at 03:32 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    You're broken.
    Well I assume you have not read his replies in his first thread? No Se PoLR person would act that way.
    The answers to his questionnaire etc. were clearly Te valuing.

He gets into Ni (valued) related talk around 4:21. He does start off the video by discussing Ti related issues.
    (Mostly because @Number 9 large gave him those questions to answer, and he simply asked him Ti heavy questions...)

Superficially, LIE-Ni can seem like LII, in terms of "vibe" etc.

(17:57) Te valuing > Ti valuing
    Last edited by Olimpia; 11-18-2017 at 03:09 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why LII>ILE? Se polr does seem off.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni 8w9
    I'd type him 9w1, so/sp maybe. Reminds me alot of my ensemble teacher who is that combination (and Obama). And sx last 9w1s can be really geeky like this. Oh and the stubbornness this guy shows around his enneatype "im not open to debating that, its the way it is" sooo 9. Like an immovable rock.

Narcotization glues the structure together by helping you to “numb out” and keep life comfortable. Your ultimate concern or fear is being dismissed, not worth keeping, or, experientially speaking, annihilated. As compensation, you sometimes control by becoming stubborn (dug in), resistant, intractable, diverted into inessentials, going along and resenting it, or seeming to go along and not, and avoiding conflict and decisions.
    You have a consistent pattern of typing 9s as 8s, so you know.
    Last edited by maniac; 11-18-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well I assume you have not read his replies in his first thread? No Se PoLR person would act that way.
    The answers to his questionnaire etc. were clearly Te valuing.

He gets into Ni related talk around 4:21. He does start off the video by discussing Ti related issues.

Being Type 8 and Pseudo-Aggressor, he cannot relate to the Victim label that well.
    People often don't have an accurate understanding of their own behavior, which is why I only use their explanations, if for any reason at all, as starting points.

Usually people aren't that great at describing themselves because they don't have enough experience socializing to compare themselves with a variety of other people. If they had enough context to go from, they'd probably be able to type themselves and others more accurately. So, shut-ins and net denizens aren't going to be that great at Socionics unless they have a knack. And that's uncommon to have.

Another problem with self-description is that people can read up on Socionics and different types and consciously and subconsciously shift their responses to match the context of a different type. I can do this pretty well myself, which is why I'm often quite good at convincing others I am a certain type, often whichever one I choose.

His nonverbal behavior and his tendency towards analysis and need for logic and "reasons" point fairly strongly to Ti dominant. He seems a bit too limp, no offense intended, to be LSI, though.

Also, another point that lends to LII over LSI is that his train of thought is more straightforward, less convoluted, and less detailed than an LSI. LIIs are very good communicators, because they tend to condense things down a bit. They are involution-based types, so they don't tend to rattle off into infinity. The presence of Ne as an ego function also helps. That's one reason LSIs tend not to explain things well or have an understandable thought style: all they have is Ni, and that is deeply individual. So all they can do is give you the details and hope you get it yourself.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-18-2017 at 03:10 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retsu77, you complained about the subjectiveness online. That's simply because of the circumstances. I could easily type you if we could spend a day together, but since it's not possible we are trying to guess. It is possible to make good guesses based on thousands of people one has previously met and compare impressions. Its far from optimal, but its something.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

He does come across as INTx in the video.

If I'd type him based on the video alone, not knowing him much besides that
    (esp not knowing about his former typing thread where he exhibited a lot of Se HA), I'd think he is ILI.

I don't seem him valuing Ti/Fe/Ne/Si. None of his answers or behaviorisms pointed at that.

Again, the questions at the beginning simply happened to be Ti because a Ti lead person asked those.
    Being a Logical type, he could answer them fairly well, but it is not like he truly cares about Ti or is actually Ti lead.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My two cents: you don't seem like an introvert to me. Neither in your posts nor in your video. The way you sit and gesticulate is stereotypical xxxj behavior. It's hard for me to put that in words but wikisocion has some articles on body language and temperament. However I have to say that I only know one LII and compared to him you having Se-Polr seems off.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He does come across as INTx in the video.

If I'd type him based on the video alone, not knowing him much besides that
    (esp not knowing about his former typing thread where he exhibited a lot of Se HA), I'd think he is ILI.

I don't seem him valuing Ti/Fe/Ne/Si. None of his answers or behaviorisms pointed at that.

Again, the questions at the beginning simply happened to be Ti because a Ti lead person asked those.
    Being a Logical type, he could answer them fairly well, but it is not like he truly cares about Ti or is actually Ti lead.
    I've known plenty of ILIs both online and IRL. Of all the types I've known, they're some of the least likely to adapt their conversational style to fit the mold of questions they're asked. If what you're saying is that he sounds Ti because he's answering questions from Ti people, I'd say you're wrong there.

Also, ILIs, while being logical types, are often still quite personal people due to their need for Fi. He doesn't really come off that way, at least to me.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I'd type him 9w1, so/sp maybe. Reminds me alot of my ensemble teacher who is that combination (and Obama). And sx last 9w1s can be really geeky like this. Oh and the stubbornness this guy shows around his enneatype "im not open to debating that, its the way it is" sooo 9. Like an immovable rock.

You have a consistent pattern of typing 9s as 8s, so you know.
    Yeah. He doesn't really have an 8 bone in his body. I know 8s because they like to stare people down lol.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Yeah. He doesn't really have an 8 bone in his body. I know 8s because they like to stare people down lol.
    Most 8s are 8w7 and SLE, so...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Mister Spock! LII. You even have the same "fascinating" schtick. So of course you don't relate to LIE and clash with egos, especially Gamma SFs.

Introverted logics all over the place: this relates, that makes sense, this states that, this is consistent, this details, this describes, this is correct, this concludes, and so on. Lawyer, preacher, therapist, you know, the is revealed. VEEEERY rational attitude. Quite unlike your posts here.

After 4:00 you go into . You yourself superficially reject so yeah N ego is clear to you as well. But no also means no ! Come on, the INT-ness is off the charts. PoLR lmao, you started out defending yourself straight away for not not being assertive IRL while you're an actual puppy with zero aggression. Weak point.

The overall impression (look at that pondering body language) reminds me of Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, deducing, analyzing.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I've known plenty of ILIs both online and IRL. Of all the types I've known, they're some of the least likely to adapt their conversational style to fit the mold of questions they're asked. If what you're saying is that he sounds Ti because he's answering questions from Ti people, I'd say you're wrong there.

Also, ILIs, while being logical types, are often still quite personal people due to their need for Fi. He doesn't really come off that way, at least to me.
    How do you type Elon Musk?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh right! Enneatype. 9w1 ain't bad! Good idea. Personally I'd say 1w9. SX last for sure.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do you type Elon Musk?
    Do I have to? He's so overrated. I'm tired of hearing about him.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Someone answers Ti questions in a smart manner = must be LII

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Why LII>ILE? Se polr does seem off.
    I could definitely see ILE, 2d Se/Fe (relative forcefulness and steady expression) 1d Si/Fi kind of unaesthetic surroundings/dress, strong Ti>Fi take on topics. Not wanting to hear about people's problems, that whole thing. (Which is fair, but just how it came across was interesting, it was problems, the tone was definitely saying something). Honestly I feel like another video could swing it back the other way though to LII. The only thing I'm really picking up unequivocally is Alpha

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would consider LIE again. It's not SLE or LSI, but I wouldn't call these people weak-willed. Alpha NTs aren't anymore strong-willed.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI judges Ti as smart. Go figure.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The Alpha typing is a bit bizarre to me, especially in sight of his behavior in his previous typing thread.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

IEI judges Ti as smart. Go figure.
    ?

I don't type him as LII tho...

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I could definitely see ILE, 2d Se/Fe (relative forcefulness and steady expression) 1d Si/Fi kind of unaesthetic surroundings/dress, strong Ti>Fi take on topics. Not wanting to hear about people's problems, that whole thing. (Which is fair, but just how it came across was interesting, it was problems, the tone was definitely saying something). Honestly I feel like another video could swing it back the other way though to LII. The only thing I'm really picking up unequivocally is Alpha
    ILEs actually pay more attention to their surroundings due to the presence of Se and being extroverted in general. LIIs are more accurately described as ascetic or minimalistic in their style than unaesthetic.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Do I have to? He's so overrated. I'm tired of hearing about him.
    Well, just wondering if you'd type him as LII, too.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone talks about money = must be LIE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the Fe?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Cool. You come across a lot differently and frankly more likeable than I expected. I don't have time to watch it all but your energy doesn't strike me as extroverted ST.
    See, I'm not pure evil.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

?

I don't type him as LII tho...
    Subconsciously you do.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Subconsciously you do.
    ??

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I'll further the typing by saying LII-Ti.

Proof? "Reasons to support your typing." Pretty obvious case.
    Wouldn't that be Te, not Ti?

Ti likes evidence and empirical proof now? Since when?

It's weird; I work with an LII-Ti and she and I are absolutely nothing alike.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post
    I would consider LIE again. It's not SLE or LSI, but I wouldn't call these people weak-willed. Alpha NTs aren't anymore strong-willed.
    Correct. They're even wimpier. So it's even more of an insult but I'm fine with it.

I'm mostly curious to see how badly I get typed here. I'm pleased we haven't devolved into SEI territory... yet.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retsu77 View Post
    Wouldn't that be Te, not Ti?

Ti likes evidence and empirical proof now? Since when?

It's weird; I work with an LII-Ti and she and I are absolutely nothing alike.
    All logical types have a tendency to regard evidence and logical reasoning with respect. That's not something Ti and Te differ on. The difference lies in what they regard as valid evidence.

Btw, nothing in Socionics is empirically proven. So I don't know why you're bringing up empiricism.

"Reasons" are not empirical fact. They are premises that lead to a conclusion, at least here.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hi, Mister Spock! LII. You even have the same "fascinating" schtick. So of course you don't relate to LIE and clash with egos, especially Gamma SFs.

Introverted logics all over the place: this relates, that makes sense, this states that, this is consistent, this details, this describes, this is correct, this concludes, and so on. Lawyer, preacher, therapist, you know, the is revealed. VEEEERY rational attitude. Quite unlike your posts here.

After 4:00 you go into . You yourself superficially reject so yeah N ego is clear to you as well. But no also means no ! Come on, the INT-ness is off the charts. PoLR lmao, you started out defending yourself straight away for not not being assertive IRL while you're an actual puppy with zero aggression. Weak point.

The overall impression (look at that pondering body language) reminds me of Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, deducing, analyzing.

Interesting analysis.

Why would I be aggressive in a video of me answering some friendly questions people have for me? I wasn't jumping into a debate, just going through a list of questions.

Now you're tasked with the job of figuring out how my original answers, and test results, completely conflict with your analysis. Are socionics tests truly that bad? Are actual answers people give that worthless?

I doubt a lawyer would be overly interested in TiNe stuff, but that sad, I was 10 and watched too much Night Court.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All logical types have a tendency to regard evidence and logical reasoning with respect. That's not something Ti and Te differ on. The difference lies in what they regard as valid evidence.
    And how did I demonstrate Ti over Te, for example?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILEs actually pay more attention to their surroundings due to the presence of Se and being extroverted in general. LIIs are more accurately described as ascetic or minimalistic in their style than unaesthetic.
    agree %100, I feel like it could go either way it feels very 1.5 D Se/Si (and 1.5 fe 3.5 ti). because you still have to decide for oneself whether that is properly minimalistic or by alpha standards is that "paying attention to environment" its funny how the standard is so floaty. But I understand and agree with you completely, its just a question of where to draw that line

I do think the general response does kind of give away a "debate me" form of exploration, which by the way I don't mean to shout down, I think its really great to challenge and clarify what's being said, but Retsu is definitely engaging the points people make and questioning them etc, which is good, and speaks more to extroversion

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast