Thread: Reverie's Socionics Type 2017

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    victim romance style confirmed
    the victim of limits of offline communication. 2 victims, as she felt badly too and mostly people are not lucky to be infatuated by someones with good IR. in IRL communication the result would be other and we could even to marry

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    cause your polr Ne. like she has
    but people of your types tend to put "shady motives/traits" on others easily

The ESI told, a guy tried to talk with her by asking strange questions. Most probably that was "pickup freak" with their idiocy or just a guy which has thought her as other woman by mistake. But she've decided the worst - that dude wanted to disorient her to steal something (phone, bag). She walked in a park and local guys said she's pretty, - she have become affraid and quickly went away from that place, she named them as gangsters, while those probably were common guys without good clothes and good education. Some paranoia is common for Se types.
    Which you said because you are Ni polr and can't see what she said within a larger context than what you think you thought she meant.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    Which you said because you are Ni polr
    which you said because you are weak T and incompetent in the theme

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

See, socionicists use blanket statements such as "weak T"(subjective opinion without objective criteria) as an ad hominem.
    Weak T is used when "I have no counter argument."

I'm incompetent at witchcraft and psychic readings too!

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to contribute something type-wise, but for some reason i can't get a good read of OP. Like, @reverie you come across as a little strained to me and maybe it's something else in your life or just something about posting on this forum or could totally be that i'm misled in my impression by other factors. I'd say however serious > merry

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw you removed the video.

I don't seem to know a lot about you other than I agree with you on the forum often. That doesn't mean we are in the same quadra or anything because there are IEEs that happens with a lot.

Idk your type, I'll try to pay more attention to you but I'm pretty narcissistic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To make the voting until 2018 and meanwhile to remove typing material already is senseless.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I was actually really uncomfortable talking about that and don't usually bring that kind of stuff up, but I wanted people to understand how I got in that situation.
    Yes, one could notice that. But you still DID it. And not only that, but you uploaded the video for hundreds of people to see. That act says more about confidence than words.

Yeah, I took 2 extra strength excedrins and then drank a large caramel macchiato before I recorded that with very little to eat. I'm a little nervous/jumpy from that. I wanted to say that because people are suddenly typing me E6 and I think that's why.
    I think a slight nervousness is very common in ESI

Like I said, I probably have my biases. But I just want people to understand me correctly. Maybe I'm more intimidating than I think I am lol. I don't relate to putting pressure on people or conflict, like I've said previously. It says in ESI descriptions that this is something ESI's are not afraid of or have a problem with.
    I think many ESI descriptions are bad. ESIs don't notice that they put pressure on people, and they usually only do it in terms of Fi. After all, Se is only the creative not base. Physical pressure from an ESI is rare.

But mostly it probably has to do with the negative perception of ESI's I've seen around here. Maybe I'm just a repressed ESI.
    It could be. But this is just a forum. ESI is a common type, and many are just nice ordinary people. I've dated two ESIs for a longer time. It was quasi-identity so not so good. But I know the type very well, I would say.

Do do you still think Harmonizing from this, then? I know you said you thought I could maybe be the Dominant subtype in DCHN.
    I think you are Dominant. As far as I can tell from video. You have that niceness and immediacy that Ds often have.

If you are D then your husband is probably N. So that could be something to think about.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I still think you're 9 for the record, I dont see 6 core, they wouldnt be so opposed and scared of conflict like you are. And 9s can anxious for sure. It just doesnt manifest in an overly doubtful way like 6s can where they seem like a ping pong ball, like compare yourself to Jennifer Lawrence, a 6. Veery different haha, shes much more head-y than you are. You're more watery and flowy, if you know what I mean? That's 9.
    I think your tritype is 946 or 964.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo, do you have any ESI Dominant examples?
    Yes (EDIT: or maybe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zcYsSTEuoE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tallmo can you explain a little what it is you see in Nicole's personality that makes you think she's dominant subtype

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tallmo can you explain a little what it is you see in Nicole's personality that makes you think she's dominant subtype
    Actually, she could be normalizing.

Have to look at better examples

EDIT: But she is ESI, I've met her

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was thinking normalizing too, just based off gut reaction; but I didn't mean to suggest she couldn't be D, I was thinking maybe I was missing something subtle. Totally agree that she strikes me as ESI N. I think the general strength of her ego makes her a little dominating by its very nature. ESIs when they're involved in something important to them come across very strong in general I'd say

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking normalizing too, just based off gut reaction; but I didn't mean to suggest she couldn't be D, I was thinking maybe I was missing something subtle. Totally agree that she strikes me as ESI N. I think the general strength of her ego makes her a little dominating by its very nature. ESIs when they're involved in something important to them come across very strong in general I'd say
    I think you're right. The second you asked me to explain I realized that I had mistaken. She lacks the dynamism of Ds. But she is a good contrast to @reverie. Probably the same type but N subtype.

I try to avoid celebrities if I can. I mean David Hasselhoff is probably D-ESI but he is extreme in many ways and very different from the ordinary D-ESIs like my mother etc.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. IxFx is about as far as I can narrow it down.

I remember you posting once about assigned seats in a movie theater, and that would have annoyed me just as much as it did you, and the other things you mentioned in that same post are things that I have gone on long rants about - the required insurance, the click-it or ticket thing with seatbelts. Those things angered me in the same way and for the same reasons, freedom being taken away. People making my decisions for me about my own life. . . ugh. I will start ranting if I think about it any longer. I don't think our personalities are very similar, and I don't know if the freedom emphasis is type-related, but I thought it was interesting and wanted to mention it because I don't find a whole lot of people who share my sentiments to the same degree on that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nicole LeVere - not ESI
    David Hasselhoff - F-I, mostly IEI thoughts

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

David Hasselhoff - F-I, mostly IEI thoughts
    As much as I don't understand that guy, this typing speculation calls for this:

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    As much as I don't understand that guy
    .. you understand there is what to improve in your typing skills

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Join the untypable. The few, the proud, the brave, the Divergent.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    Join the untypable. The few, the proud, the brave, the Divergent.
    It is hip these days to be type fluid.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, IEI obviously. Duh.

But SEE CONFIRM and FINAL
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Socionics dont make much sense so just forget about it

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lol. I pretty much have. I honestly made the vote for my type thing for fun and thought it'd be interesting. Often people don't get my certain brand of humor, me thinks.
    You made this thread for humor? or what do you mean?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The thread wasn't made for humor, no. I was curious to see group opinion. But the vote my type thing was for fun for me. I thought it was humorous. But I often find things funny that other people don't is what I'm saying. I also got to have fun with it. See Unofficial Members Picture Thread.

I think people must think I'm more serious than what I am.

I have a very dry, ironic, and strange sense of humor.
    I wouldn't call you necessarily serious, but youre very polite, even to the more idiotic people on here..and humor is usually disconnected to politeness, I guess. But yes I acknowledge that you have humour and I dont think anyone mistook those edited pics for anything other than humor. haha. It's even funnier when people don't realise you're not being serious though, to me.
    Or when someone does something for humor, and no one thinks it's funny, that's hilarious to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Socionics dont make much sense so just forget about it
    It needs knowledge, correct understanding and personal experiende to "make sense". Like many other knowledge.

P.S. nice avatar in this time

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

It needs knowledge, correct understanding and personal experiende to "make sense". Like many other knowledge.

P.S. nice avatar in this time
    thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a very dry, ironic, and strange sense of humor.
    realistic Te + creepy Ni, - your superid. the fun is there. as fun is childish aspect of people
    it's not strange. other gammas have similar

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a lot of people in the 'Your Typing of Forum Members' thread have typed me ESI. It seems that quite a few may be leaning this way. I've also gotten EII/IEI from quite a few people. I'm not really typing myself anything at the moment, but I'm curious to know why so many people think I have creative Se. I've read descriptions and can relate to a few things, but what I can not relate to is applying force or handling conflict well. I wanted to make a poll to get opinions. I've posted videos/pictures before, but I deleted them. Maybe some of you saw them. If you haven't, this is a video of me answering thehotelambush's extended questionnaire:

-Introverted vibe/energy via video (I)
    -Mentioned a lot of "I could be both" answers in questionnaire (-Ti)
    -Strong IxFx, via questionnaire
    -You mentioned you don't really relate to Si, eliminating SEI
    -You mentioned not really seeing yourself as IEI (people underestimate their self typing, but I think it's very important)

-This leaves us between ESI vs EII, so basically next question is to find out where you stand with Se, and here were your thoughts:

Its rare that I take direct action to accomplish goals, but I can. I have to feel very strongly about something, though, to do so, and that is not often. I am afraid of confrontation. I take my responsibilities seriously, but am not very diligent (and hate that about myself, but it's true). I'm not very demanding of others. I'm pretty forgiving. I don't really judge people's actions that much, more what I see 'underneath', difficult to describe. It's not really what it could be either. I'm not big on achievement, although it can be nice. I don't necessarily place value on accumulation of wealth. However I do have a sense of what is physically attracting and judge myself against and difficult criteria.
    EII > ESI
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 11-28-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    It is hip these days to be type fluid.
    Before you know it, everyone will be type gaseous.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

peteronfire check out david tian

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I am more formal and strained here probably...Mainly because it's like I'm talking in front of an audience of people and I'm kind of self-conscious..One of my friends was surprised when social media first became popular that I didn't have a MySpace blog because he said 'it seemed like my kind of thing.' I'm really open around friends. Probably too open at times. Online I'm much more self conscious because I feel more vulnerable to people who aren't very nice. I was once a member on a non typology related forum and said something that made a whole group of people gang up on me and it was like a lynching. Things don't happen like that irl to me. Online people aren't usually as nice, imo. And I feel like I can be more opinionated irl without fear of being fed to the wolves. But pretty traumatizing to me, anyway. People here aren't bad about that, but I'm pretty careful anymore about what I say still. Although I've had a few slips in a bad mood. I'd feel more comfortable in a small group of people I knew more or one on one to be more myself.
    Well quite frankly I don't blame you for feeling restrain on this forum, even at the expense of your type appearing more elusive; alas this place is full of people who are abusive in their communication and use variants of socionics to justify their abuse. When I first returned to the forum i was somewhat more open but some unpleasant encounters on here made me shut in a little.

To stay on topic, I do get a hint of extroversion, primarily by how much you engage with people on here, just a vague impression nothing more.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah yeah, poor you; but what about me? epiphanies are for sharing

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think you're wrong about any of that, I would just say its the nature of the internet for people to be disrespectful in a way they wouldn't in person. But I think that's part of the charm to some extent, but in any case its a lost cause to whine over or even let it bother you since its all sort of unreal anyway. Which isn't to say we shouldn't care about lack of civility or not try and civilize things, its just that at a certain point you can either try to civilize a bunch of anonymous commentors through guilt, which has basically zero chance of succeeding or take things for what they're worth, let people's shitty comments roll off your back, and say what's really on your mind in a forum where you have the ability to do so. In otherwords, maybe the goal here is not to civilize these savages but to become more savage yourself. the epiphany feeds into that in the sense that not sharing because 1) you're afraid of being criticized, or 2) you're afraid of perhaps revealing too much or hurting people through commenting on them-- both implicate an attitude toward the forums that I think indicate too much concern for what people think and not enough respect for your own say and your own right to have opinions, especially if they're sincere and true. in any case, I understand that this is all an attempt to bully you into compliance and hence ironic since I'm asking you to care what I think and toward that end become less caring of what people think and more assertive, but I'm really not trying to get anything out of you that doesn't, I sincerely believe, help. and that's all anyone can do. the rest I sort of think the chips fall where they may and you can't get locked up worrying about that. in any case, I think you have a capacity for aggression that has gone underground that I think if you could develop it and come to terms with it, it might help in liberating you and relieving some neuroses or whatnot. the first step is to step on some people online and dgaf. don't listen to these Fe types. they just want to make you weak

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Like irl, if you tell someone they don't know themselves very well, that would be an insult.
    No, as for example this can be a praise or a trying to help you. While having weak non-valued Ne you have negative predisposition to such general situation.
    I would be interested to know what new the other have to say me. Even in case of negative, I'd take it ok if that would be reasonable. Generally, I get fun in case I'm typed to other types, and never insulted.
    This seems as one of ways to distinguish between EII and ESI (or any Se type, mb Ni too). They become angry or insulted. May show irrational stubbornness.

> This thread has kind of drained me.

common for superego activity

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah, I basically saw you say the same to minde on the 'your typing of forum members thread'.
    I suspected ESI in her before that and not only because of that. Also saw similar with other Se people and Ni sometimes, - strange anger. I gave similar arguments before her also. Other types took differing opinions about own type as norma, without whining or aggression. Especially if they get this on psychological forums made for better understanding of yourself and other people. It would be like to go walking under a rain and feeling offenced from becoming wet.

> If that's how you want to frame it.

It's how the classic theory explains. Ne in polr = worse understanding of yourself and other people, and becoming redundantly nervous from criticism there.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-04-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Other types took differing opinions about own type as norma, without whining or aggression. Especially if they get this on psychological forums made for better understanding of yourself and other people. It would be like to go walking under a rain and feeling offenced from becoming wet.
    lol there's a strong segment, possibly even a majority, who think suggesting they may be mistyped, entertaining alternative types or theories as to explain their behavior, as like the gravest insult you can level. practically a declaration of war, when all you're trying to do is help. it sort of cracks me up. its funny when the "gauntlet is thrown" so they retaliate "in kind" and speculate as to your own type and either end up venturing interesting and helpful ideas or just making themselves out to be idiots, who are only doing it to retaliate and so force themselves into indefensible position. ah good times

my theory is their type is only as real to them as it is represented in the "social order" thus any hint it may be other than they wish is met with all out war, as if the idea is a product of "psychological terrorism" that makes such a person an enemy of the state, who ought to be cast out for their anarchism. the idea that there might be more at stake than their goofy image is incomprehensible, but to see that is like asking a beta to "grow up"--literally impossible on some level--their view of the world is what it is

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah but alternatively: fuck em. besides everyone knows sensing means having your shit together and looking good (and I don't mean in an illusory sense, I mean genuinely being physically attractive, even if unconventionally so). everyone just wants to be what they can't have. I can tell you right now, no one with sensing in their HA is going to denigrate sensory aspects, so in true ironic fashion, most the sensor/intuitive hate is coming from inside the house. in any case, pretending to be something you're not doesn't solve the problem (if there is one, which there isn't), so this kind of false-consciousness-as-solution to "being inferior" is just compounding the crime so to speak, but most the time its a way for people to achieve positive feedback on their HA in the guise of being labeled a intuitive or sensory ego. in other words, one of the surest signs someone is probably not a X ego is that they overvalue X and demand recognition on it while manifesting traits inconsistent with it being an ego function, and not being able to handle criticism along those lines--because its their HA not ego. if people are trying to shoehorn you into the "gulag of 16types" i.e.: a dreck type, the joke is on them because that's pathetic. the bottom line is ESI is awesome and I even think there's a chance I may be one; to me it feels like aiming high, which is why I'm a little afraid to commit to it

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I suspected ESI in her before that and not only because of that. Also saw similar with other Se people and Ni sometimes, - strange anger. I gave similar arguments before her also. Other types took differing opinions about own type as norma, without whining or aggression. Especially if they get this on psychological forums made for better understanding of yourself and other people. It would be like to go walking under a rain and feeling offenced from becoming wet.

> If that's how you want to frame it.

It's how the classic theory explains. Ne in polr = worse understanding of yourself and other people, and becoming redundantly nervouse from criticism there.
    Understanding of oneself and others are two completely different things though. Contributing both to one function seems illogical.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Understanding of oneself and others are two completely different things though.
    Ne is a complex image-bearing understanding of anything, without exceptions. You think about yourself based on what you know - your behavior, thoughts, feelings - a bunch of facts, and to link this in a whole _image_ with internal associations, with conclusions is used same function as when you get _image_ perceiving for personalities of other people based on what you know about them. Also the typing itself is much intuitive process still, based on Ne.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Ne is a complex image-bearing understanding of anything, without exceptions. You think about yourself based on what you know - your behavior, thoughts, feelings - a bunch of facts, and to link this in a whole _image_ with internal associations, with conclusions is used same function as when you get _image_ perceiving for personalities of other people based on what you know about them.
    So basically, impressions? I'm usually quick to 'judge' people and get an image of them so I should have high Ne then..? And to judge whether I like them or not. But my opinion has changed sometimes after talking to them further, but usually not.

This still seems alot different from knowing oneself though. With oneself there can be and usually are ego blocks that blocks you from seeing yourself truly, and sometimes people have an aversion to looking inward because it's too scary or uncomfortable.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast