Thread: EIE/EII/IEI or as I call it "The Great Ethical Dilemma"

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default EIE/EII/IEI or as I call it "The Great Ethical Dilemma"

Dilemma for me, since I don't know if it's of any interest to others, that is. But putting this here obviously opens me up to others' contribution, which is very welcome! Come one, come all and try to help me decide on my type.

As a disclaimer before delve into more personal stuff: I am fully aware of how typing on this forum works, however, since I already have a starting point and a pretty good idea of what my type might be, I figured that I should skip myself the trouble of completing that humongous typing form. VI is also something that I don't take lightly to as I dislike showing myself online, especially to other people.

Now that we clarified that (and a few people already closed the tab by now or clicked "back"), we can begin! : )
    My journey into the realm of typology started over one year ago, when we were spoken about the MBTI system during an English course. Intrigued, I took it online and was presented with the following result: INFP which I was okay with. Quickly, I grew borderline obsessed and realised how fitting INFP was for me as a type, except for some parts (Speciffically the "am an angel, I wouldn't hurt a fly uwuwuwuwu sweet thoughts for everyone!!!" part about it, even more so with the "Trying not to offend anyone" part). Cue curtain, cue socionics. During my travels on Discord's online landscapes I came across a server who was Socionics focused. At that time, I didn't even know what it was, and it seemed way too complex to me. That's when my journey truly began, though.

After completing a long-ass questionnaire, the people on there agreed on me being an EII. I was okay with it, but not for long. It felt as if something was off. During my lecturing on the works of Filatova, Gulenko, and the likes, I couldn't for some reason fully connect nor fit within the description of an EII. So I did what a person plagued by identity crisis would do: Took a completely different questionnaire, on a completely different place. So it happens that 4 months after taking the first, my functions seem to have been miraculously flipped upside down. Fi/Te became Fe/Ti, my Ne was gone, replaced by Ni, and the Se polr crawled its way to the top, screaming and kicking the Si in the face. I took online tests (I know, not the most reliable source, but a desperate man must provide for himself) in order to find a new lifeline, and it was the following: According to people who've had their say so far, I'm an EIE or IEI.

Now now, being extroverted (altough knowing that it doesn't hold too much context in the realm of socionics) has become a taboo for me with every passing year. As a kid, I was a dreamy, peculiar individual. I would constantly live in another world, yet I was not completely cut off from reality. Instead, I shaped reality to be exactly how I was envisioning it to be, or at least tried to. I was getting involved in my dreams and visions of life, not just staying passive by them: I would play pretend all day long, I would talk to myself and imaginary friends up until the age of 12 or 14, I would get other kids that i didn't even know into playing along. They were pirates in search of hidden treasures and I was their magical parrot or captain. We would "sneak" into the classroom and steal pencils, pretending it was a heist like in those cheesy movies. All the world was a stage! Despite all of this, I always found it difficult to interact or introduce myself around people, I just didn't know how to react or form bonds with anyone. All the kids that I've been involving, it seemed like they were always there and I grew comfortable with them. The more I grew up, the more twisted and in-depth these visions and insights became, and by the 7th grade I was already a raging introvert, as the cool kids would call it. Not only that, but I starte to realise how shallow everyone around me was, and quickly grew to hate myself, and my environment, for it. So I found a new outlet: Reading, writing, and music, although only actively participating in writing myself, the other two have been something that I deeply connected with on very personal levels even up to this day. Video games were also a huge thing for me, but lately I've been losing apetite for them.

As for the personal-personal stuff and romantic life, I'm pretty bitter about it. I've never had a fulfilling one, or at least that's how I feel. I felt victimised during each and every one of them, and at the end of it I always found myself questioning my choice of getting engaged in the first place, since i can clearly see how toxic they were, especially my last one. There are no words to describe how disgusting it is, or there might be, but I can't think of them at the moment.

That's also all that I can think of at the moment, so please bear with me. I'll come back to this thread later, or at the request of other people commenting on here, in order to elaborate and clarify on some things. I'm not sure how telling this is, but have fun and do whatever you ought to do with it!

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"VI is also something that I don't take lightly to as I dislike showing myself online, especially to other people. " - me, in the previous post.

I have a low self esteem and bouts of paranoia. That and I would just stutter in front of the camera making it an unpleasant experience for all concerned.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I dislike showing myself online
    You need to choose what you like more: to be correctly typed with much higher chance or don't show your "secret" look to Socionics typers. It's not a game. With using of incorrect type you may get real troubles, unlike when other people will see your pretty face.

A dual will help you to deal with paranoia. You'll notice he has more and your own will stop disturb you.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You need to choose what you like more: to be correctly typed with much higher chance or don't show your "secret" look to Socionics typers. It's not a game. With using of incorrect type you may get real troubles, unlike when other people will see your pretty face.

A dual will help you to deal with paranoia. You'll notice he has more and your own will stop disturb you.
    Bleh
    I will try and flesh out a slightly-decent-for-viewing video that will hopefully not make people on here barf over the course of the following days then.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured that I should skip myself the trouble of completing that humongous typing form. VI is also something that I don't take lightly to as I dislike showing myself online, especially to other people.
    Double Good. VI is mostly non-sense and no one reads that typing form.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description of yourself as a kid reads Ni rather than Ne to me - the imaginary visions and scenarios with a theme and so on. Ne I don't think is as storylike. What I mean by that is one thing going to the next in a theme that ties together into a vision or story is more Ni-like. "All the world is a stage" is often used as an example of a FeNi quote. IEIs aren't all super-sweet and inoffensive, so not fitting that certainly doesn't exclude IEI either.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Double Good. VI is mostly non-sense and no one reads that typing form.
    So on one side we have Sol and on the other I have you
    This forum is already confusing me. ;p

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

video is about more than VI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh
    I will try and flesh out a slightly-decent-for-viewing video that will hopefully not make people on here barf over the course of the following days then.
    You can use the questionnaire in my sig.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

So on one side we have Sol and on the other I have you
    On "my side" you have the most of people here which find photos/videos as useful typing info. Any material will be nonsense for those who has bad skills using it. It's not a problem of a hammer when someone hits own fingers.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

My journey into the realm of typology started over one year ago, when we were spoken about the MBTI system during an English course. Intrigued, I took it online and was presented with the following result: INFP which I was okay with. Quickly, I grew borderline obsessed and realised how fitting INFP was for me as a type, except for some parts (Speciffically the "am an angel, I wouldn't hurt a fly uwuwuwuwu sweet thoughts for everyone!!!" part about it, even more so with the "Trying not to offend anyone" part).
    Se PoLR parts IEIs can easily identify with MBTI INFP otherwise.

As a kid, I was a dreamy, peculiar individual. I would constantly live in another world, yet I was not completely cut off from reality. Instead, I shaped reality to be exactly how I was envisioning it to be, or at least tried to. I was getting involved in my dreams and visions of life, not just staying passive by them: I would play pretend all day long, I would talk to myself and imaginary friends up until the age of 12 or 14
    Ni-lead without a question whatsoever. You orient by the visions and trying to shape reality based on those, instead of orienting by feelings or emotions about people relationships.

I would get other kids that i didn't even know into playing along. They were pirates in search of hidden treasures and I was their magical parrot or captain. We would "sneak" into the classroom and steal pencils, pretending it was a heist like in those cheesy movies. All the world was a stage! Despite all of this, I always found it difficult to interact or introduce myself around people, I just didn't know how to react or form bonds with anyone. All the kids that I've been involving, it seemed like they were always there and I grew comfortable with them. The more I grew up, the more twisted and in-depth these visions and insights became, and by the 7th grade I was already a raging introvert, as the cool kids would call it. Not only that, but I starte to realise how shallow everyone around me was, and quickly grew to hate myself, and my environment, for it. So I found a new outlet: Reading, writing, and music, although only actively participating in writing myself, the other two have been something that I deeply connected with on very personal levels even up to this day. Video games were also a huge thing for me, but lately I've been losing apetite for them.
    The stage thingy the way you put it is imaginative Ni with Fe valuing. Fe base would instead act and live it and thus orient by it, instead of just discussing it in an imaginative way.

Twisted in-depth visions... very original Ni of Ni-lead.

Yeah, introverted approach for dealing with the world for the rest of your description.

As for the personal-personal stuff and romantic life, I'm pretty bitter about it. I've never had a fulfilling one, or at least that's how I feel. I felt victimised during each and every one of them, and at the end of it I always found myself questioning my choice of getting engaged in the first place, since i can clearly see how toxic they were, especially my last one. There are no words to describe how disgusting it is, or there might be, but I can't think of them at the moment.
    I wish you good luck to developing more fulfilling relationships.

Hope my input helped if you are still unsure about your type.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where have you been @Myst? : ))) nice to have you back

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    where have you been @Myst? : ))) nice to have you back
    Life stuff.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Life stuff.
    So Se of you : p

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI and Socionics tests are unreliable if you are secondary function subtype. Both generic descriptions and test questions do not fit secondary function subtypes, which gives a lot headache in typing. Try checking ENFj Ni or INFp Fe subtypes descriptions to see if they fit.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    MBTI and Socionics tests are unreliable if you are secondary function subtype. Both generic descriptions and test questions do not fit secondary function subtypes, which gives a lot headache in typing. Try checking ENFj Ni or INFp Fe subtypes descriptions to see if they fit.
    Agreed. It would make you fit half of one type and half of the other type if looking on the surface without more analysis. I would think IEI-Fe makes sense for OP.