TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The purpose of type ESE/ESFj

What are ESEs really about?

It's easy to find "purposes" or ideal activities for types such as LII, ILE, LSE, LIE, IEE, EIE etc

But ESE?

From a pure functional perspective. What is ESE about?

Maybe cooking with enthusiasm??

(Tina Nordström ESE)
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESE's exist to give Fe to LII's and thus prevent them from blowing their brains out from existential despair and going extinct.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-10-2017 at 07:44 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    What are ESEs really about?

It's easy to find "purposes" or ideal activities for types such as LII, ILE, LSE, LIE, IEE, EIE etc

But ESE?
    What am I reading?

ESEs have the biggest purpose in the preservation of the human kind: breeding.

We all know that ESEs and LSEs are the moms and dads of humanity. Plus they are hard and responsible workers. System still working for the rest of us just because of Sjs.

Edit.

Now, jk aside, I agree with a single concept in mbti of setting certain roles for types, because it give us a clearest picture or idea about the purposes that types have in society.

ESFJ

Last edited by Hope; 11-11-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there's some clock of socion articles about this. the general idea is they fill a categorical role as part of a quadra, which each quadra has a type who fills that same role. the specific character of ESE is just a product of alpha quadra at large, their actual role is generic to the socion. in other words, Adam's obtuse comment was somewhat correct in the sense that you have ESE because LII, but not for the reasons he gave

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The female ESFj’s represent the ‘dream’ mother or nana type who feeds others well, are hospitable, pulls off social events effectively, provides a warmth to others where they can be accepted straight into the family as a fully fledged member.

Think of everything to do with holiday seasons...that’s their forte.
    Think Father Christmas.
    Think of that person after Christmas at the department store counter returning the faulty gift someone received which needs to be replaced or refunded for most of them will be of this type.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, So I guess what I am asking is what would the best expression or fulfillment of the functions FeSi be?

Or lets put it this way...

Looking only at functions:

LIIs can analyze
    ESEs can ???

Lets say you want to fulfill yourself functionally (socionics) as an ESE

I can easily see this in LSE, but with ESE it is more difficult.

I've known many ESEs but as a type they are somehow vague. Lacking an agenda
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From my experience ESEs are one of the most resilient types when it comes to work and physical pain. They keep an eye one others, protect them from unfair treatment and with their dislike for "serious talk" in favor of joyful conversations they can create a save haven for vulnerable individuals, friends and family. Often they are excellent organizers and know how to deal with money. With their tendency for perfectionism and overfriendliness they attract individuals who seek warm expressions of care. They don't dominate people ( I mean active use of Se) and are often interested in other people's insights and thoughts. So in general I would say one of their strenghts (call it purpose if you want) is to make people feel welcome, special and protected.
    Obviously they also have many weaknesses but I don't think that's the purpose of this thread.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

t o m c r u i s e

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is in front of our noses: To be plugged here and now.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs aren't ideal, that's the thing. They just buy you donuts when you really want them or something. Some ppl are just meant to be basic caregivers and not super intellectual types. Don't bully them.

(chris crocker voice) Leave ESEs alone.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are the ones running the shows behind the scenes. Meaning comes from facilitating their small corner of the universe and making sure things happen within it. They find meaning in creativity, taking care of friends and family, studying beauty and the world around them, everyday miracles, finding something new, novel and entertaining.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are, as many other merry types, pillars of society as well. The PAC Mom who rally for a new playground, the friend who sits of on the Cultural Board of Directors, the parent who drove all the band kids 400 km for the concert. They find meaning in being an active part in their people's lives.

They also find meaning in privately pursued Si activities, for example nicely explained in @sorrows grooming thread. (crafts, gardening, massage, shopping, flea markets, baseball games).

To say they are not intellectual is a bit of a misstep (imho : D) . Some of the most intellectual conversations have lead by ESE, for example, Friday Night board game nights with lots of heated discussion about current events, the state of the world, projects shared, household stories. They are, imho, a very versatile type of person. Leaders, really.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    The female ESFj’s represent the ‘dream’ mother or nana type who feeds others well, are hospitable, pulls off social events effectively, provides a warmth to others where they can be accepted straight into the family as a fully fledged member.

Think Father Christmas.
    Think of that person after Christmas at the department store counter returning the faulty gift someone received which needs to be replaced or refunded for most of them will be of this type.
    This so much.

ESEs want to include people in settings where they can flourish, live life to the fullest, and be surrounded by goodness.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bulletsanddoves View Post
    ESEs aren't ideal, that's the thing. They just buy you donuts when you really want them or something. Some ppl are just meant to be basic caregivers and not super intellectual types. Don't bully them.

(chris crocker voice) Leave ESEs alone.
    No bullying intended. Buying donuts for those in need is a good answer imo.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Social leadership at the grass-root level.....
    a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The top socialite.

I know no other type that manages people better at a broad scale than ESE. Even SEE can't keep up because works face-to-face, nor can the Beta extroverts because they need to team up first (Zhukov has the energy and organizational skills but lacking ethics, while Hamlet is not hands-on enough).

ESE with valued/strong and demonstrative is a powerhouse on his or her own to me: Ej temperament. Their purpose, simply put, it to rally and entertain the people within all sorts of activities. I call them the whirlwind of the socion. The key word here is: participation.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    ESEs don't pick fights and cause public scenes. Fe+si is about harmonizing, peacefulness and cooperation.
    Tom Cruise seems like a E8 though.
    Cruise is the 3w2 posterboy. He's a good example imo

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post

Think Father Christmas.
    I'm wondering, does a distinction to SEI need to be drawn more accurately here?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fe - emotional high state, social good/bad labels
    Si - comfort, beauty, health

Fe is primary aim, Si - secondary

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just might not appreciate/understand their agenda but most ESEs have a very clear agenda about what their are doing with their life.
    Im thinking of agenda more in terms of ego functions. The person might have an agenda in his life of course but as a type the agenda might seem less clear.

So FeSi might be something like expressing sensing-toned feeling or promoting sensations or maybe cooking with enthusiasm as in the video.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESEs don't pick fights and cause public scenes. Fe+si is about harmonizing, peacefulness and cooperation.
    Tom Cruise seems like a E8 though.
    ESE can be quite aggressive and demanding also. "Forceful harmonization." 😁 some ESE are a little crazy. All this Feeling trapped in sensation. Thats what I feel.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESE's totally cause public scenes, lol

dat fussiness. its okay though I know they mean well and wouldn't do it if they didn't think it was justified. its usually in reaction to someone else they perceive as having started it. the only way they'd cause a public scene out of nowhere is if they thought there was significant entertainment value. maybe they don't think of it as a "scene" as such, rather its just good old fashioned entertainment everyone should welcome and be grateful for

which is fine, I bet LII loves it and everyone's got their foibles in someone's eyes

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I'm wondering, does a distinction to SEI need to be drawn more accurately here?
    Feel free to suggest something...
    I personally don’t for sure know an ISFp and how they function. I know a few ESFj’s from which I tried to sum up thier positive characteristics.
    On top of what I wrote they work hard and on the whole I have found them to be super nice.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

wtf why did Chae copy my name? @Number 9 large

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The top socialite.

I know no other type that manages people better at a broad scale than ESE. Even SEE can't keep up because works face-to-face, nor can the Beta extroverts because they need to team up first (Zhukov has the energy and organizational skills but lacking ethics, while Hamlet is not hands-on enough).

ESE with valued/strong and demonstrative is a powerhouse on his or her own to me: Ej temperament. Their purpose, simply put, it to rally and entertain the people within all sorts of activities. I call them the whirlwind of the socion. The key word here is: participation.

My ESE sister chose to be a bartender for several reasons. One is that she loves being around people most of the time. At first she went to work as an activity coordinator for a nursing home, when she was still in high school, and she was very good at her job. She made an excellent patient advocate too even though it was not part of the job description. She would do things like notice patients who didn't have family and would buy them gifts for Christmas or their birthdays. Things they really needed like comfortable pajamas and slippers. She found out nurses were stealing these gifts and she was outraged and wanted to sue. lol We talked her out of it because it was not the way to resolve the issue. She also went to visit patients who were sent to the hospital since she knew most of them would not be coming back. The old people called her an angel (most people do). She did this on her own time, even after she quit the nursing home she continued to visit some of the patients.

I think she chose to be a bartender because it allowed her utilize more of her strength which is being very good at making people feel good emotionally even > than comfortable. Although I am sure she has some Si strengths they are not as apparent to me except in the way she chooses to make her home very comfortable for herself, her partner and their dogs. I don't even know how many dogs they have now. I suppose her caretaking is more directed toward pets than humans. Her Fe is what humans get more of.

She does seem to have a knack for looking at complete strangers and guessing what type of drink they will love. She has a huge following and when she leaves one bar or club her customers come with her. I think that is due to Fe since I have experienced something similar, but not as wide reaching, by using my own Fe. Her second career also involves dealing with people. She is constantly messaging me on fb to share her posts. Thing is I know the people on my fb and doubt they are in the market for what she is doing anyway. I tried to tell her that and she was like you never know so sometimes I do it just so she feels I am supporting her. I just limit the audience to very close friend and family since it really is not something most people want or can afford. She messaged me three times yesterday to remind me to post. I still haven't. lol

When she just visited me I was overwhelmed with the details of planning my mom's birthday party and what food to get. There was also the issue of having a lot of people over. Somehow she ended up buying way too much food that she sent people home with after the party. Some is still in the freezer. She took over everything and even helped me get a great deal on a patio dining set because I had not gotten around to it and the one I wanted was advertised for one price and double at the store. I get shy to ask about the price for some reason but she talked to someone and got me the price I wanted because she knew I really wanted it.

She is a few years younger than me but much bolder in when it comes to some things. Her life is about fun and activity. She works hard but takes a lot of vacations with her partner and friends. After visiting me she went home, packed, then went to the Dominican Republic to attend a wedding of a friend. She traveled with a group of other friends which is usually how she does things. In groups. She is the one who likes to think up fun and interesting things for her group which is pretty large. She gets them excited about going to Pride events (half my immediate family turned out to be gay) and things of that nature. Kind of her "cause" but she is not as much into protesting things as she is into making people feel a sense of togetherness. so I see how it is about harmony. Not saying she doesn't have her bitch moments but to me they look kind of cute. She is more likely to bitch about someone behind their back to us, then try to be friendly when everyone is together. She does not really care for drama even though she has had a bit which is normal when your inner circle is huge. She can't seem to keep it small.

She is very sweet, kind and all around special person. I think Fi ignoring is pretty obvious to anyone who knows her. She rarely excludes anyone even if she does not like someone she will not make a scene about it and makes an effort to get along. She will just complain to family or her partner. Her partner is SLE and will never let anyone disrespect her but allows her to do her thing. It is funny because my sister gets so much attention from both males and females so the SLE is often dealing with some issues of jealousy. I think they are good for each other since they match energy levels and both enjoy an active lifestyle. My sister is more outgoing than the SLE though so sometimes there is some friction but I have never seen them fight. They are cute together.

One other thing I notice with her is everyone is a friend until they prove to be an enemy and it is rare for people to dislike her. I don't know what that is related to but she can go to a strange city and leave with a bunch of new friends who will keep in contact with her. I find the whole lifestyle exhausting but I have to admire her energy and spirit. My sister deals with a condition that zaps her energy and gives her chronic fatigue, I think it is EBV (something like that but she got it in her teens, at school, from drinking after friends and this is the result) which I didn't even know until recently. I was shocked since she is always doing something. I asked her if she ever just rests and she said on her days off she will sit on the couch and watch movies the whole day. I know I would not be able to push through like her. I admire that too. I asked her how she did it and she said she just does it. She doesn't know how but she can't just let her life fall apart because she is tired. She said being around people helps. I wonder if she will keep that spirit as she gets older. I imagine she will.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Grazie for the description @Aylen!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    ESE can be quite aggressive and demanding also. "Forceful harmonization."  some ESE are a little crazy. All this Feeling trapped in sensation. Thats what I feel.
    Quite true.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    participation.
    This is also a good ESE word.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sing in a choir can be a good hobby for ESE.

(Jung on Si)