A fox who wants to play, that's me Playing With Fire's Avatar
    TIM
    *** 873 Sx/Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNND:

I was cleaning up my IG feed and realized I've been following several TW analysts for months, and one of them is a natural blonde. I thought I'd forward you her link, as well as several of her blonde TW draped clients. I remember you were skeptical blondes could be Winters a while ago, so here's the evidence:

BLONDE TRUE WINTERS

https://www.instagram.com/houseofcolour_laurafrantz/ >She has loads real good picks of her in TW clothing, specifically the before and after putting up appropriate makeup ones. Oh and there's a pic of her little son who's also a blonde TW there!

Some examples:

Many more under the cut:

There are many other House of Color accounts on IG, they use the Ketwell system where for Winters we have:

Jewel> The high contrast True Winter
    Icy (also called "Elsa Winter")> Lighter and muted True Winter
    Sprinter> Bright Winter
    Sultry> Cooler leaning Dark Winter
    Burnished> Warmer leaning Dark Winter

I like the House of Color method because is infinitely cheaper than Sci-Art, and just as accurate.

Also, I'm pretty sure Xtina is True Winter:

She's a natural blonde:

My work here is done

Last edited by Playing With Fire; 04-26-2018 at 11:12 AM.

stronger, faster, weirder (BBL) niffer's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Tell me your favorites if you want
    Oldish post but I actually liked the ones you liked the least on you best. Top ones looked cute but normie, but the winter ones I thought looked majestic.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's what my lines are kind of like. These next 4 photos are all from earlier today. Trying to look less like a hobo student kid recently, so I had to update my wardrobe. I have no concept of fashion rules so I might be doing it wrong whatever, my narcissism feels over 9000 with this post anyway.

I'm at about 5ft7,5" and 155lb/70kg right now so I suspect I'm pretty mesomorphic actually.

^ I don't normally dress this grimdark lol, I was just trying the coat on. I feel fat as fuck rn though so I didn't cinch.

^ I bought these for $20 USD each the patterns are quite lacy and "romantic" (around classic-neutral-dramatic I think?), the white a little bit gamine too maybe.

^ With my coloration. Matches enough? Actually idk, but I think the lace and details work with my features.

^ Normal everyday errands look, or what I went out wearing. Kinda looks like I live off gumdrops in this one, my jaw is hidden.

This one is from when I was 17 and worked out and had no T&A and was probably ~130lb:

^ I think the purple was a tiny bit off and the dress was kinda ill-fitting but the style was otherwise good. Quite dramatic-romantic if I'm doing it right. I actually looked and felt pretty SLE there lol . My base features are kind of round/soft, delicate and chiseled at the same time. Romantic spectrum probably works IDK.
    Last edited by niffer; 04-19-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Oldish post but I actually liked the ones you liked the least on you best. Top ones looked cute but normie, but the winter ones I thought looked majestic.
    Interesting take nevertheless, what did you think about the turquoise and corals in particular?
    This doesn't take a grain of salt, it takes a: BIG ASS SALTY ASS FREAKING ASS GAY MOUNTAIN!

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's what my lines are kind of like.
    Yes, very Yin facial features, except brows. The types you are definitely not: D, FN, SD, C, DC, N. How is Soft Natural's clothing, a bit relaxed with higher waist emphasis?
    This doesn't take a grain of salt, it takes a: BIG ASS SALTY ASS FREAKING ASS GAY MOUNTAIN!

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    273 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting take nevertheless, what did you think about the turquoise and corals in particular?
    They add emphasis to your eyes and lips for different reasons. The turquoise adds depth of tone around your eyes and subtle contrast for your lips, and then the corals have the same effect with your lips and eyes reversed.

The reason I liked the least-liked row by you is that they seemed to create contrast for your entire face. I think the palette was a different season but I don't think the warm/cool balance was too off, that could have been why, idk? Or if they were both the wrong ones and the offness created a harmony. I thought that it made your features look striking, porcelain, and ethereal, anyway.

Yes, very Yin facial features, except brows. The types you are definitely not: D, FN, SD, C, DC, N. How is Soft Natural's clothing, a bit relaxed with higher waist emphasis?
    The only think about too "N" sometimes I would worry about is that everything would just blend into the roundedness and it'd be like Majin Buu if you know. I've learned that I should do waist and more curve emphasis in general (romantic also covers this I think?) so that part is true. There should be probably something sharp at least otherwise it'd look too yin overall but I'll think about it.

This is Majin Buu

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll wear all the Dark Winter stuff for all the people here who are hesitant to since I'm just used to that. I guess I could be a trend-setter, but then I'd have to post a picture on 16t, which I might do, if I weren't the world's worst photographer. My Dracula coat needs to go to the tailor anyways.

I can't post selfies because I'm a vampire so I don't show up in photographs

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They add emphasis to your eyes and lips for different reasons. The turquoise adds depth of tone around your eyes and subtle contrast for your lips, and then the corals have the same effect with your lips and eyes reversed.

The reason I liked the least-liked row by you is that they seemed to create contrast for your entire face. I think the palette was a different season but I don't think the warm/cool balance was too off, that could have been why, idk? Or if they were both the wrong ones and the offness created a harmony. I thought that it made your features look striking, porcelain, and ethereal, anyway.

The only think about too "N" sometimes I would worry about is that everything would just blend into the roundedness and it'd be like Majin Buu if you know. I've learned that I should do waist and more curve emphasis in general (romantic also covers this I think?) so that part is true. There should be probably something sharp at least otherwise it'd look too yin overall but I'll think about it.

This is Majin Buu

I figured out why you liked this row, the fabric is draped at the chest and very asymmetric --> Soft Dramatic! That's also the reason why my own favorite pieces are in the "not optimal category" even if they're dark and don't flatter my complexion. The print is SD with the large flowers and decor. Sometimes Kibbe overrides season. I mean look:

"Detail should be oversized and ornate"

"Prints: Bold, wild, and ornate shapes. Splashy watercolors. Oversized and abstract florals. Animal prints. Irregular shapes with soft or rounded edges."

Animal prints:

(Don't quote)

Looks good and matches my height impression. Makes much more sense now.

Lmao at the DBZ reference! He's entirely R. My reasoning was: The last dress pic is tight at the waist but it's not really cinched since there is no R curve. And the waist emphasis coat in the first one doesn't do much especially since the lines are yang. The pants however are great in that one. What about SG?

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Thanks for the input darlin'. The second lady hit home If you have time can you do the same for True Spring, Light Spring, Light Summer - darker hair, non-blonde draping clients? For Scarlet I already searched her original color, it's quite astounding.

For clients I only found this, we already had that somewhere I think:

Here I am not sure if it's her natural color:

Last edited by Chae; 04-17-2018 at 02:55 PM.

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3w4 78
    Mentioned
    681 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Infinity War is coming up, typing season for the cast! Some two cents for the MCU in terms of Kibbe, feel free to chime in:

Chris Hemsworth - Flamboyant Natural
    Tom Hiddleston - Dramatic
    Mark Ruffalo - Soft Natural
    Tilda Swinton - Dramatic
    Benedict Cumberbatch - Soft Dramatic
    Chris Evans - Flamboyant Natural or Soft Dramatic
    Paul Bettany - Dramatic
    ScarJo - Theatrical Romantic
    Anthony Mackie - Theatrical Romantic
    RDJ - Flamboyant Gamine
    Elizabeth Olsen - Soft Classic
    Danai Gurira - Theatrical Romantic
    Samuel L. Jackson - Soft Dramatic
    Sebastian Stan - Dramatic
    Daniel Kaluuya - Romantic
    Michael B. Jordan - Soft Natural
    Andy Serkis - Gamine
    Stellan Skarsgard - Soft Natural
    Josh Brolin - Natural
    Winston Duke - Flamboyant Natural
    Benicio Del Toro - Soft Dramatic
    Tessa Thompson - Soft Classic
    Dave Bautista - Natural
    Lupita Nyong'o - Soft Classic
    Letitia Wright - Flamboyant Gamine
    Paul Rudd - Flamboyant Gamine
    Martin Freeman - Gamine
    Don Cheadle - Theatrical Romantic
    Tom Holland - Gamine
    Zoe Saldana - Dramatic Classic
    Jeremy Renner - Soft Gamine
    Natalie Portman - Gamine
    Karen Gillian - Soft Classic
    Chris Pratt - Soft Natural
    Gwyneth Paltrow - Dramatic Classic
    Chadwick Boseman - Romantic

TIM
    ili
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

after thinking about this for sooooo long i think i am one of the gamine types
    gaah that took me so long to figure out. esp cause im taller than they usually are
    Last edited by eko; 05-28-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678