Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Interesting take nevertheless, what did you think about the turquoise and corals in particular?
    They add emphasis to your eyes and lips for different reasons. The turquoise adds depth of tone around your eyes and subtle contrast for your lips, and then the corals have the same effect with your lips and eyes reversed.

The reason I liked the least-liked row by you is that they seemed to create contrast for your entire face. I think the palette was a different season but I don't think the warm/cool balance was too off, that could have been why, idk? Or if they were both the wrong ones and the offness created a harmony. I thought that it made your features look striking, porcelain, and ethereal, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yes, very Yin facial features, except brows. The types you are definitely not: D, FN, SD, C, DC, N. How is Soft Natural's clothing, a bit relaxed with higher waist emphasis?
    The only think about too "N" sometimes I would worry about is that everything would just blend into the roundedness and it'd be like Majin Buu if you know. I've learned that I should do waist and more curve emphasis in general (romantic also covers this I think?) so that part is true. There should be probably something sharp at least otherwise it'd look too yin overall but I'll think about it.

This is Majin Buu

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Oldish post but I actually liked the ones you liked the least on you best. Top ones looked cute but normie, but the winter ones I thought looked majestic.
    I'll wear all the Dark Winter stuff for all the people here who are hesitant to since I'm just used to that. I guess I could be a trend-setter, but then I'd have to post a picture on 16t, which I might do, if I weren't the world's worst photographer. My Dracula coat needs to go to the tailor anyways.

I can't post selfies because I'm a vampire so I don't show up in photographs

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    They add emphasis to your eyes and lips for different reasons. The turquoise adds depth of tone around your eyes and subtle contrast for your lips, and then the corals have the same effect with your lips and eyes reversed.

The reason I liked the least-liked row by you is that they seemed to create contrast for your entire face. I think the palette was a different season but I don't think the warm/cool balance was too off, that could have been why, idk? Or if they were both the wrong ones and the offness created a harmony. I thought that it made your features look striking, porcelain, and ethereal, anyway.

The only think about too "N" sometimes I would worry about is that everything would just blend into the roundedness and it'd be like Majin Buu if you know. I've learned that I should do waist and more curve emphasis in general (romantic also covers this I think?) so that part is true. There should be probably something sharp at least otherwise it'd look too yin overall but I'll think about it.

This is Majin Buu

I figured out why you liked this row, the fabric is draped at the chest and very asymmetric --> Soft Dramatic! That's also the reason why my own favorite pieces are in the "not optimal category" even if they're dark and don't flatter my complexion. The print is SD with the large flowers and decor. Sometimes Kibbe overrides season. I mean look:

/

"Detail should be oversized and ornate"

"Prints: Bold, wild, and ornate shapes. Splashy watercolors. Oversized and abstract florals. Animal prints. Irregular shapes with soft or rounded edges."

Animal prints:

/

(Don't quote)

Looks good and matches my height impression. Makes much more sense now.

Lmao at the DBZ reference! He's entirely R. My reasoning was: The last dress pic is tight at the waist but it's not really cinched since there is no R curve. And the waist emphasis coat in the first one doesn't do much especially since the lines are yang. The pants however are great in that one. What about SG?
    Last edited by Chae; 11-02-2018 at 09:02 PM.

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Thanks for the input darlin'. The second lady hit home If you have time can you do the same for True Spring, Light Spring, Light Summer - darker hair, non-blonde draping clients? For Scarlet I already searched her original color, it's quite astounding.

For clients I only found this, we already had that somewhere I think:

Here I am not sure if it's her natural color:

Last edited by Chae; 04-17-2018 at 03:55 PM.

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Infinity War is coming up, typing season for the cast! Some two cents for the MCU in terms of Kibbe, feel free to chime in:

Chris Hemsworth - Flamboyant Natural
    Tom Hiddleston - Dramatic
    Mark Ruffalo - Soft Natural
    Tilda Swinton - Dramatic
    Benedict Cumberbatch - Soft Dramatic
    Chris Evans - Flamboyant Natural or Soft Dramatic
    Paul Bettany - Dramatic
    ScarJo - Theatrical Romantic
    Anthony Mackie - Theatrical Romantic
    RDJ - Flamboyant Gamine
    Elizabeth Olsen - Soft Classic
    Danai Gurira - Theatrical Romantic
    Samuel L. Jackson - Soft Dramatic
    Sebastian Stan - Dramatic
    Daniel Kaluuya - Romantic
    Michael B. Jordan - Soft Natural
    Andy Serkis - Gamine
    Stellan Skarsgard - Soft Natural
    Josh Brolin - Natural
    Winston Duke - Flamboyant Natural
    Benicio Del Toro - Soft Dramatic
    Tessa Thompson - Soft Classic
    Dave Bautista - Natural
    Lupita Nyong'o - Soft Classic
    Letitia Wright - Flamboyant Gamine
    Paul Rudd - Flamboyant Gamine
    Martin Freeman - Gamine
    Don Cheadle - Theatrical Romantic
    Tom Holland - Gamine
    Zoe Saldana - Dramatic Classic
    Jeremy Renner - Soft Gamine
    Natalie Portman - Gamine
    Karen Gillian - Soft Classic
    Chris Pratt - Soft Natural
    Gwyneth Paltrow - Dramatic Classic
    Chadwick Boseman - Romantic

TIM
    IEE-ENFp; ENFP 6w7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I love it so
    I'm a winter, dark or bright winter not exactly sure
    Body shape hourglass (not a pronunced one but still one ahah)
    face shape heart (not a too pronunced heart but still slightly heart)
    Kibbe type either SG or TR, I read the distinction posted on this thread but when comparing with real life TR and SG I feel like TR have a curvier body so I don't know between those two

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

im deep autumn <3 as for kibbe type im still confused, when im at a lower weight i seem dramatic and then when i gain a little i seem soft dramatic so what ive learned from kibbe is that i look good in long lines and thats the most important part cause i didnt realise it before. and, larger simpler jewellry than really small intricate jewellry.

TIM
    EIE Sx/So 3
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    im deep autumn <3 as for kibbe type im still confused, when im at a lower weight i seem dramatic and then when i gain a little i seem soft dramatic so what ive learned from kibbe is that i look good in long lines and thats the most important part cause i didnt realise it before. and, larger simpler jewellry than really small intricate jewellry.
    I have the same problem, D vs. SD at different weights. The vertical line clothes apply to both types so you can't distinguish it that way. However, I believe SD will be consistent with having yin facial features (e.g. rounded eyes and prominent lips won't fluctuate with weight) and flesh on the one hand while the frame is yang — whereas D has only yang bones, facial features, and flesh that stays sinewy-looking even with weight gain. Once you see contradicting features it's Soft Dramatic, Dramatic won't have that. If you can easily transform into SD with weight gain, chances are this is rather your type.

Dramatics, even with more pounds, can't pull off chest drapings, see below. Disclaimer: That could also be a SN dress but it's hard to tell because of the way her body re-shaped it. But it's yin with a yang dimension.

It'll make D types ironically look more masculine since it doesn't complement their essence. To the point that Milla appears like FN here. SD will look good in drapings at all times, even when they are skinnier. Jessica Paré is a good example, she also dresses well according to her type. Only the big diva hair is missing:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678