Thread: I wish I could die so I wouldn't have to bear the pain

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I wish I could die so I wouldn't have to bear the pain

I can't bear the pain any longer. I have some things keeping me going, and I overall don't want to die, but I know I'm better off dead. But suicide is a major sin in islam.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time I see a Muslim Facebook friend expressing their wish to die, there is one thing that goes through my head: let's suppose you die, are you prepared for what comes after death?
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Every time I see a Muslim Facebook friend expressing their wish to die, there is one thing that goes through my head: let's suppose you die, are you prepared for what comes after death?
    Good point. Allah promises that men will have 72 virgins, but not which gender they are.

https://viruscomix.com/page462.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you should wish for death because of a calamity befalling him; but if he has to wish for death, he should say: "O Allah! Keep me alive as long as life is better for me, and let me die if death is better for me.' "

حَدَّثَنَا آدَمُ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، حَدَّثَنَا ثَابِتٌ الْبُنَانِيُّ، عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ لاَ يَتَمَنَّيَنَّ أَحَدُكُمُ الْمَوْتَ مِنْ ضُرٍّ أَصَابَهُ، فَإِنْ كَانَ لاَ بُدَّ فَاعِلاً فَلْيَقُلِ اللَّهُمَّ أَحْيِنِي مَا كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ خَيْرًا لِي، وَتَوَفَّنِي إِذَا كَانَتِ الْوَفَاةُ خَيْرًا لِي ‏"‏‏.‏

Sahih Bukhari , hadith no 5671

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Good point. Allah promises that men will have 72 virgins, but not which gender they are.
    1- There is not even a single strong hadith that specifies the number of Houris

2- When the Qur’an talked about them, speech is in the feminine form , and actually, some books, such as Fath al-Bari in commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari , and Al-Bahr al-Muhit in interpretation of the Noble Qur’an , present a second opinion : the Houris are actually the believer women themselves, God recreates them as virgins and pretty .

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I can't bear the pain any longer. I have some things keeping me going, and I overall don't want to die, but I know I'm better off dead. But suicide is a major sin in islam.
    Physical pain or emotional pain?

mr. steal yo data ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    TIM
    angel dust
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suicide is a major sin in Christianity too; don't die, just ask yourself what you really want and go for it. To me, the only thing that exists after death is the abyss.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back. So I haven't died. Just putting it out there.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As it is in Catholicism/Christianity. I can only say that I've been there myself and as I was about to jump in a carefully calculated angle to ensure I broke my neck and thus died most efficiently it hit me.

My enemies, my rivals, the people who hate me the most (demons most definitely included), etc. They all want me to kill myself. If I do this (my own neurons firing just in time to keep me from going through with it) I'll be giving the most evil and hated enemies of mine exactly what they want!!!!

Yeah no. Not doing my most hated and most reprehensible of my adversaries what they want. Living out of spite towards literal demons isn't a bad end goal for one's existence. Christ (and all the saints before and hence) did exactly that. I'd rather follow in the path of saints and saviors. Let the Great Enemy commit suicide. I'll live on if only to spite them!

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It may be illegal to commit a suicide
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation

I wonder if they could face a capital punishment.

In North Korea it may result in a concentration camp for the whole family, though.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

mr. steal yo data ChaosConductor6669's Avatar
    TIM
    angel dust
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Reality Denialist View Post
    It may be illegal to commit a suicide
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_legislation

I wonder if they could face a capital punishment.

In North Korea it may result in a concentration camp for the whole family, though.
    People just can't go around destroying government property in any civilized society.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch Eckhart Tolle's videos. That helped me a lot go through pain in the past.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was having a bad struggle with limerence and PTSD, but I'm working on it in therapy, and by focusing on my goals, and my own self improvement and self care. Also, chatgpt sure is one hell of an assistant. Might even be willing to call it an AI therapist. But not quite. It's not quite at the level where it would replace a human psychologist or therapist, but in some ways its more useful, in that it is always available, and free, and has enormous amounts of data, and is non-judgemental, and causes you to judge yourself when you think you've fooled the AI, although I suspect that's only with some socionics types, and people who don't have certain personality constructs like Machiavellianism. I've also decided school is not for me, at least not 4 year school. I'm going to trade school for 2 semesters, and then going straight to work. I've literally done only 1 class in 2 and half years after I got my associate's degree and tried to transfer from community college to a 4 year program. And that 1 class was also at a community college/junior college. I'm going to study something in the tech industry. Make a ton of money. Live a little (without haram). Then worry about women once I get my shit together. EDIT: Another help was the istikhara prayer. EDIT: Oh, that, and I got really religious. Based on the lunar calendar, and based on where you live, it's already eid ul fitr, which means ramadan is over. (The official day of eid starts on the 4th prayer of the day, at dusk, before the day of eid, on the last day of ramadan, so days start at dusk)

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you are talking with a therapist. Have you considered medication for the depression? I personally take 20mg citalopram daily and it has been a big help.
    It is good to hear you are relying on your faith.
    As for school, I have a four year degree but it hasn't made me much money. You probably will be better off learning a trade that is in demand.
    Don't forget to ground yourself. Walking in nature, even barefoot, is said to help with grounding.
    I am not sure if you are familiar with Rumi and his poetry, but he was of the Sufi mystic tradition of Islam and is much beloved worldwide.