Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    They add emphasis to your eyes and lips for different reasons. The turquoise adds depth of tone around your eyes and subtle contrast for your lips, and then the corals have the same effect with your lips and eyes reversed.

The reason I liked the least-liked row by you is that they seemed to create contrast for your entire face. I think the palette was a different season but I don't think the warm/cool balance was too off, that could have been why, idk? Or if they were both the wrong ones and the offness created a harmony. I thought that it made your features look striking, porcelain, and ethereal, anyway.

The only think about too "N" sometimes I would worry about is that everything would just blend into the roundedness and it'd be like Majin Buu if you know. I've learned that I should do waist and more curve emphasis in general (romantic also covers this I think?) so that part is true. There should be probably something sharp at least otherwise it'd look too yin overall but I'll think about it.

This is Majin Buu

I figured out why you liked this row, the fabric is draped at the chest and very asymmetric --> Soft Dramatic! That's also the reason why my own favorite pieces are in the "not optimal category" even if they're dark and don't flatter my complexion. The print is SD with the large flowers and decor. Sometimes Kibbe overrides season. I mean look:

/

"Detail should be oversized and ornate"

"Prints: Bold, wild, and ornate shapes. Splashy watercolors. Oversized and abstract florals. Animal prints. Irregular shapes with soft or rounded edges."

Animal prints:

/

(Don't quote)

Looks good and matches my height impression. Makes much more sense now.

Lmao at the DBZ reference! He's entirely R. My reasoning was: The last dress pic is tight at the waist but it's not really cinched since there is no R curve. And the waist emphasis coat in the first one doesn't do much especially since the lines are yang. The pants however are great in that one. What about SG?
    Last edited by Chae; 11-02-2018 at 08:02 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Thanks for the input darlin'. The second lady hit home If you have time can you do the same for True Spring, Light Spring, Light Summer - darker hair, non-blonde draping clients? For Scarlet I already searched her original color, it's quite astounding.

For clients I only found this, we already had that somewhere I think:

Here I am not sure if it's her natural color:

Last edited by Chae; 04-17-2018 at 02:55 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Infinity War is coming up, typing season for the cast! Some two cents for the MCU in terms of Kibbe, feel free to chime in:

Chris Hemsworth - Flamboyant Natural
    Tom Hiddleston - Dramatic
    Mark Ruffalo - Soft Natural
    Tilda Swinton - Dramatic
    Benedict Cumberbatch - Soft Dramatic
    Chris Evans - Flamboyant Natural or Soft Dramatic
    Paul Bettany - Dramatic
    ScarJo - Theatrical Romantic
    Anthony Mackie - Theatrical Romantic
    RDJ - Flamboyant Gamine
    Elizabeth Olsen - Soft Classic
    Danai Gurira - Theatrical Romantic
    Samuel L. Jackson - Soft Dramatic
    Sebastian Stan - Dramatic
    Daniel Kaluuya - Romantic
    Michael B. Jordan - Soft Natural
    Andy Serkis - Gamine
    Stellan Skarsgard - Soft Natural
    Josh Brolin - Natural
    Winston Duke - Flamboyant Natural
    Benicio Del Toro - Soft Dramatic
    Tessa Thompson - Soft Classic
    Dave Bautista - Natural
    Lupita Nyong'o - Soft Classic
    Letitia Wright - Flamboyant Gamine
    Paul Rudd - Flamboyant Gamine
    Martin Freeman - Gamine
    Don Cheadle - Theatrical Romantic
    Tom Holland - Gamine
    Zoe Saldana - Dramatic Classic
    Jeremy Renner - Soft Gamine
    Natalie Portman - Gamine
    Karen Gillian - Soft Classic
    Chris Pratt - Soft Natural
    Gwyneth Paltrow - Dramatic Classic
    Chadwick Boseman - Romantic

TIM
    IEE-ENFp; ENFP 6w7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone,
    I love it so
    I'm a winter, dark or bright winter not exactly sure
    Body shape hourglass (not a pronunced one but still one ahah)
    face shape heart (not a too pronunced heart but still slightly heart)
    Kibbe type either SG or TR, I read the distinction posted on this thread but when comparing with real life TR and SG I feel like TR have a curvier body so I don't know between those two

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

im deep autumn <3 as for kibbe type im still confused, when im at a lower weight i seem dramatic and then when i gain a little i seem soft dramatic so what ive learned from kibbe is that i look good in long lines and thats the most important part cause i didnt realise it before. and, larger simpler jewellry than really small intricate jewellry.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    im deep autumn <3 as for kibbe type im still confused, when im at a lower weight i seem dramatic and then when i gain a little i seem soft dramatic so what ive learned from kibbe is that i look good in long lines and thats the most important part cause i didnt realise it before. and, larger simpler jewellry than really small intricate jewellry.
    I have the same problem, D vs. SD at different weights. The vertical line clothes apply to both types so you can't distinguish it that way. However, I believe SD will be consistent with having yin facial features (e.g. rounded eyes and prominent lips won't fluctuate with weight) and flesh on the one hand while the frame is yang — whereas D has only yang bones, facial features, and flesh that stays sinewy-looking even with weight gain. Once you see contradicting features it's Soft Dramatic, Dramatic won't have that. If you can easily transform into SD with weight gain, chances are this is rather your type.

Dramatics, even with more pounds, can't pull off chest drapings, see below. Disclaimer: That could also be a SN dress but it's hard to tell because of the way her body re-shaped it. But it's yin with a yang dimension.

It'll make D types ironically look more masculine since it doesn't complement their essence. To the point that Milla appears like FN here. SD will look good in drapings at all times, even when they are skinnier. Jessica Paré is a good example, she also dresses well according to her type. Only the big diva hair is missing:

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am male, but most definitely winter.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long time no see

I've been pretty frustrated with clothing lately, so as I had a rare free day, I spent it experimenting. There's a new channel on Youtube that covers Kibbe and personal color, and while anything she has to say on comor it's garbage, her Kibbe videos are gold.

I found literally only two pieces that looked great on me, now I'm hunting for the type they belong to. Reverse engeneering

Turns out I'm much more Yang than I thought, specially after losing more weight.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-26-2018 at 05:43 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thoughts on Aly Art's take concerning Kibbe x guys?

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna pick my celebrity color analysis series back up later today, as soon as the power is back. The first is going to be...Rihanna.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Venus Rose View Post
    Ah, I like this one. I have never heard of seasonal color analysis before, so I had to look it up. I love dark, rich shades of any color - specially red when it comes to wearing it. It's gorgeous. But I don't think I can pull it off that well despite having warm and slightly dark skin tone :/ I am actually having a hard time figuring out what goes best with me. I think soft shades with an undertone of pink and/or red - so like "soft warm" may be something I could pull of more on a regular basis. I tend to not pay attention to this stuff and just wear what I like - but I certainly noticed this about myself. I noticed with lipsticks that "dusty rose" (leaning a little darker maybe, just a tiny bit) is closer to my natural lip color and that any palette kind of playing off of that would work pretty well. Though generally speaking, I don't care for violets or purple colors of any kind - I am not drawn to them. But I could tolerate just a hint of them slightly better if it looks good on me. So I guess something like, white, or off-white combined with dusty rose, hints of red, and I like pretty, lacy things. I don't know, this is just my guess. For everyday wear that is, not for when I am feeling fancier.

So, like, I guess:

Anybody have a suggestion for what this palette is?

I mean, I like those colors, there are several more I could add, I guess, but just to give an idea. I tend to gravitate towards dark rich colors but I need to wear them sparingly, in balance, in order for it to work out.

In reality, I think gorgeous dark red combined with vintage style in dresses and looks - looks very beautiful. I like those a lot.
    Everything you've said plus the colors you picked are Soft Summer. That or a Dark Winter who's on the muted, softer side. Do you wear black well? What about shine, metallics?

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, from what I have looked at in this thread maybe my taste gears more towards soft autumn and deep autumn. Summer seems too bright to me, I am not drawn to bright colors. As for black, it looks okay on me, not great, not bad. I am Indian fwiw, that might give you an idea of what my skin tone is.

(Will likely delete this later)

perhaps not the best lighting, but just to give an idea.
    Color analysis is not about taste, it's irrelevant which colors you're drawn too. Your look is also irrelevant, what matters is what colors look good on you. It's common to not be able to tell yourself, that's why you either get tested or post pics for others to pitch in.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    Color analysis is not about taste, it's irrelevant which colors you're drawn too. Your look is also irrelevant, what matters is what colors look good on you. It's common to not be able to tell yourself, that's why you either get tested or post pics for others to pitch in.
    well yeah, i adjusted my general taste somewhat to what "might look good on me" (in my initial post). And yeah I posted that pic so others could maybe "pitch in."

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well yeah, i adjusted my general taste somewhat to what "might look good on me" (in my initial post). And yeah I posted that pic so others could maybe "pitch in."
    We can't really see your clothes in the pic. But yeah, white isn't your thing, judging by that.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't see your clothes in the pic.
    you can see my skin tone lol.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can see my skin tone lol.
    Obviously you don't understand how PCA works because and haven't read the thread from the beginning. If you had you'd knew your "skintone" is irrelevant l-o-l.

Gotta love how ignorant people are always the ones trying to sass people who know more than them out.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can't really see your clothes in the pic. But yeah, white isn't your thing, judging by that.
    Wow. I have a white cotton dress - slightly off white perhaps, that I wear with light-rose I suppose, lace underneath, and yes it looks good on me. Not just my opinion.

The dress I have in the picture is mostly light green/blue mix.

As for "sass people," you are misreading me and projecting onto me. I don't do underhanded bitchiness.

Anyways, thank you for the responses, I will look into color analysis more to see what suits me.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CELEBRITY SEASONAL PROFILE:

Rihanna, Dark Winter

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve actually read before that the colors you are drawn to are relevant, but I can’t remember where I read it. Evidently this site states it’s a ‘myth’.

Myth #13 - If I am naturally drawn to a color or colors, this means it is a color I can wear.
    This is a very pervasive belief. It states that if you are drawn to a particular color or colors, this inherently means you can wear those color(s) successfully.
    This idea can be attributed to Swiss artist Johannes Itten who believed that people will be attracted to colors that are already present in their coloring. For example, light blonde blue eyed Springs will gravitate toward those light bright colors. Winters with the deep cool coloring will naturally be attractive to those types of colors. Apparently he developed this idea when he let his art students choose the colors they liked best for their next art assignment. He noted the preferences differed based on their coloring.
    From this, some color analysts developed their beliefs and it became prevalent in many color systems. Once again, I disagree with this idea, for many of the same reasons I mentioned previously. For example, this does not fit with me and my preferences at all. I love cool pastels. I’m a Warm Autumn. I can’t wear cool pastels without them looking artificial and boring. They certainly do not harmonize or enhance my coloring. Believe me I tried to make them work.
    So, am I the lone exception to this rule? I don’t think so, because I hear this from so many others who love certain colors but they are simply not colors that flatter them.
    There is just no logic to this idea. Are we drawn to our favorite colors? Absolutely. Does this mean those colors will harmonize with our coloring? They may or may not, but it has nothing to do with any inherent connection to our coloring and our preferences.
    https://www.prettyyourworld.com/supp...llustrated.pdf
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I’ve actually read before that the colors you are drawn to are relevant, but I can’t remember where I read it. Evidently this site states it’s a ‘myth’.

https://www.prettyyourworld.com/supp...llustrated.pdf
    I'm personally not going to wear something that goes against how I would express myself, no matter how good the color may just look on my body. I don't wear colors that I am actually drawn to, because they would be too rich, dark. I aim for the cross-section between what I am drawn to, and what looks good on me.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm personally not going to wear something that goes against how I would express myself, no matter how good the color may just look on my body. I don't wear colors that I am actually drawn to, because they would be too rich, dark. I aim for the cross-section between what I am drawn to, and what looks good on me.
    Ah, ok. Well whatever you want to do. I am also opposed to that. Yes, I think the trick is to find the ones that look good on you that still allow you to express yourself in the way you want. I just saw that someone said it wasn’t relevant and I remember reading it was. In a way I was trying to defend you, as I stated I read that in another thread, hoped it wasn’t where you read it that set you up for that, and was feeling like I could have been somewhat responsible. For me, it holds true. The colors I’m drawn to are ones I tend to get complimented on the most. I’m sure that it’s not true for everyone, but perhaps it could have some truth. Or it’s just plain coincidence.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, ok. Well whatever you want to do. I am also opposed to that. Yes, I think the trick is to find the ones that look good on you that still allow you to express yourself in the way you want. I just saw that someone said it wasn’t relevant and I remember reading it was. In a way I was trying to defend you, as I stated I read that in another thread, hoped it wasn’t where you read it that set you up for that, and was feeling like I could have been somewhat responsible.
    Ah, yes, I thought you might be

No, I haven't read that thread, I was just coming up with my own ideas about what colors might look good on me, given the ones I am actually drawn to.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Flamboyant Gamine can wear just about any type of glasses and make it a signature look, even if it's nowhere near their essence except maybe too much R. Much more room for branching out to other types. Only the second row isn't optimal but the rest... FG allows a lot of experimentation.

^ the blue one from the bottom row looks particularly cool. Quite astounding how he can get away with a goatee as well

Lmao I also love how Chris Evans just sneaked in there.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. Now go join the fashion industry.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Awesome. Now go join the fashion industry.
    Not my type o' branch but if they ask me to pick a fit for Evans and Pratt I'm right there, alas

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

After reading over the types and trying to figure out which traits best fit me, I think I'm a Cool Summer type.

I have blue-green eyes, dull ashy medium-brown hair, and my skin undertone is... well I still don't know lol. I can't help but not ignore the fact I only see more yellow than pink, and that my veins appear more green than blue. But the issue is that my lower legs and forearms, the places where my veins show best, are the same places where I have the "yellowest" tannest skin. Everywhere else is up for debate.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sophia Thiel — Soft Natural

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shirin David — Theatrical Romantic

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a deep winter

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rectified, I compared my pics to colors palettes and think I'm a clear winter now :/
    @Chae, when you're around could you give me a personal consultancy?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’ve finally come to terms with being a soft summer. I’ve been building my wardrobe around it....think I wanted to be an autumn... But can still wear some autumn colors
    Last edited by Aster; 05-03-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t care for this subject. It stressed me out and annoys me to no end. I just have a few practical pieces of clothing that I wear until they die. My ex boss’s wife used to buy me clothes and I was so greateful for her. She was SEE and she designed her house in nice colors painted the walls in light blue with pretty carpets and stuff
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-03-2019 at 09:46 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure this stuff is quite Si

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, there is no point in bothering, pretty obvious what she’s doing and why. More passive aggressive BS
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I’ve finally come to terms with being a soft summer. I’ve been building my wardrobe around it....think I wanted to be an autumn... But can still wear some autumn colors
    I have absolutely no idea what any of this means but it sounds sweet

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I came home one day and found my SLI then-wife sitting at the kitchen table with a pack of color samples, and remarkably enough, they were all the colors of the clothes that I had ever seen her wear. She was going over them with a clothes catalog in front of her, and I asked her what she was doing.

She said she was a something-summer and those were her colors. She tended towards cool pastels, blues, yellows, tans, etc. I asked her if that was why she refused to wear that red plaid cheerleader outfit I liked, and she said No.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember my mum asking me if her pants were blue or black to match her jumpers ç__ç and I would never notice the difference like "mum go under the window, ok that's blue... but if you come closer it's black (??)"

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw where is @Chae? : (

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have no interest in drawing people into me and no interest in what others think of me in terms of sizing me up in a group setting or otherwise. All I care about is loving the people I feel warmly drawn to. I can live in a grey shirt a sweater plain any color will do and jobbing pant. No need to look at my hair face my dress no dazzle needed
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast