Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    @Chae I missed your post, what's up with that?
    Oh?

BTS:
    Suga- Dark Winter
    J-Hope- Dark Autumn
    Jungkook- True Winter
    Jin- Soft Summer
    RM- Soft Autumn
    Jimin- Bright Spring
    V- Bright Spring

I'll include them on my K-Idols by season posts.
    You included all of them, you read my mind Suga is absolutely dead on as Dark Winter, this is giving me life! He instinctively dresses like that, does he know?

Ahh okay now I know why red is perfect on Jungkook, and Jimin has no issues with yellow. RM - man he rarely wears his colors! Even in KimDaily

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rihanna is my favorite summer type.

Best tones on her for me would be:

Don't mind the hair here, look at eyes-eye shadow-fabric-lips-skin tone:

There is a reason why she was declared the empress of the Met gala despite blush overload. So many summer colors!

Stunning
    (I also noticed that she looks happy in her colors )

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Which one looks awful in pastel yellow? Because I do.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Which one looks awful in pastel yellow? Because I do.
    Cool undertone + bright + rather dark season for increased contrast so I would say clear winter. Pastel yellow's opposite color is some intense purple which winters can pull off. If your 4-ness dictates you wanna look deliberately awful & revel in being excluded for ugliness, go for pastels. It works. For that effect I wear horrible bright grey and white (conflicts completely with autumn colors), it drives other people away

If you wanna be left alone, wear the no-go colors. That's also a benefit of season analysis.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae of course he knows, he's Mintradamus ain't he?

Joon loves his black way too much, but at least he likes beiges and camels so it's not always so bad. Thankfully his hair is the perfecy shade of blond most of the time. It compliments his tanned skin beautifully.

Actually I'd say that compared to most celebs, Bangtan ain't so bad in terms of colors. Of course Kookie had to not only be the one with the rarest and most extreme season, but also the one who religiously follows his palette on his own time

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STYLE PROFILE PART - BODY/FACE LINES

SOFT GAMINE (GAMINE+ROMANTIC):

Original Kibbe Soft Gamines:

Modern examples:

GUIDELINES:

SOFT GAMINE CELEBRITIES (* DENOTES AN OFFICIAL TYPING BY DAVID KIBBE):

Hollywood:
    Ariana Grande
    Reese Whiterspoon*
    Debbie Reynolds
    Lily Collins
    Eartha Kitt *
    Christina Ricci*
    Halle Berry *
    Anna Sophia Robb
    Lady Sybil (This is her other option) *
    Leslie Caron
    Linda Ronstadt
    Mary-Kate and Ashley OlsEn *
    Natalie Wood * (confirmed switched to SG by Kibbe)
    Winona Ryder *

K-Idols:
    Sunny (SNSD)
    Irene (Red Velvet)
    Luna f(x)
    Nayeon (TWICE)
    Jihyo (TWICE)
    Tzuyu ( TWICE)
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-26-2018 at 04:56 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STYLE PROFILE : SEASONAL COLOR PALETTE

DARK WINTER (WINTER+AUTUMN)- NEUTRAL-COOL, DEEP AND CONTRASTING

DARK WINTER CELEBRITIES:

Hollywood:
    Demi Lovato
    Selena Gomez
    Camila Cabello
    Kim Kardashian
    Kylie Jenner
    Nicki Minaj
    Vanessa Hudgens
    Lilly Collins
    Anne Hathaway
    Nina Dobrev
    Victoria Justice
    Lucy Liu
    Penelope Cruz
    Salma Hayek
    Viola Davis
    Sandra Bullock

K-Idols:
    IU
    Mino (WINNER)
    Kai (EXO)
    D.O. (EXO)
    Seolhyun (AOA)
    B.I. (iKON)
    Kihyun (MONSTA X)
    Yuri (SNSD)
    Krystal (fx)
    Victoria(fx)
    Tzuyu (TWICE)
    Chung Ha
    Nayong (PRISTIN)
    Sejeon (Gugudan)
    Yuto (Pentagon)
    Wooseok (Pentagon)
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Chae of course he knows, he's Mintradamus ain't he?

Joon loves his black way too much, but at least he likes beiges and camels so it's not always so bad. Thankfully his hair is the perfecy shade of blond most of the time. It compliments his tanned skin beautifully.

Actually I'd say that compared to most celebs, Bangtan ain't so bad in terms of colors. Of course Kookie had to not only be the one with the rarest and most extreme season, but also the one who religiously follows his palette on his own time
    Mintradamus Giiirrrlll this name matches his type so well. And he's a 5 so I bet he's read about it and won't tell the others

I agree that his blonde is quite convenient, as is Jimin's (!). And oh yes? I suppose that Junkook is enough to understand what combines neatly with him. Even if everyone seems to hate the 100% white tee wardrobe

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And good idea, gotta include more body type input. Here is a selection of pear shaped women - I looked for outfits that complement and balance their figure broadening shoulders and the leg, knee downwards. The perfect styling for that is the pantsuit: padded shoulders, collar shifts attention to the upper body, pants are wider at the ankles, very mobile and sophisticated type of clothing, love it. Included comments on color in brackets. The examples were hard to find since the shape is more rare.

America Ferrera

(Like it. Awesome blue choice)

Shakira

(Gold is dead on, black not so much)

Elizabeth Olsen

(DAMN! She did everything right. Autumn colors, her hair is no longer dyed to a wrong color so it all matches)

J.Lo

(Seems a bit too pastel-toned and not dark enough)

Beyoncé

(The lighting in the room's dark but I can still see it matches really well, really glowing. Her blonde hair spoils it! This would be perfect in dark brown)

Nina Dobrev

(I find this color superb on her.)

Kelly Clarkson

(Picture quality is low, hard to tell)

Demi Lovato

(YES. Black works. This is amazing)

Alicia Keys

(Not optimal with her turban color, but the dark mesh is just a nice eye-catcher)

Kylie Jenner

(50-50 on this one, not so sure. Anyway I love Kylie's body type)

Ileana D'Cruz

(Flawless choice)

Other examples:

- Kelly Clarkson
    - Iggy Azalea
    - Whitney Thompson
    - Gretchen Carlson
    Last edited by Chae; 11-05-2017 at 03:48 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the first guy posting in this topic?

I think I am "clear winter" + "mesomorph-ectomorph". It's difficult to find applicable advice about clothing for a guy from the original link, maybe Chae has a website...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    And good idea, gotta include more body type input. Here is a selection of pear shaped women - I looked for outfits that complement and balance their figure broadening shoulders and the leg, knee downwards. The perfect styling for that is the pantsuit: padded shoulders, collar shifts attention to the upper body, pants are wider at the ankles, very mobile and sophisticated type of clothing, love it. Included comments on color in brackets. The examples were hard to find since the shape is more rare.

America Ferrera

(Like it. Awesome blue choice)
    America is dead on with the Dark Winter colors, unfortunately the Dramatic Classic lines are at odds with her natural shape. The clothing is square, she is rounded. The hip area is tragic.

Shakira

(Gold is dead on, black not so much)
    Shakira is the type of Bright Spring that should stay away from black and all the other dark colors from her palette. This is due to her colored blond hair: while the shade suits her well enough, it severely lowered her natural contrast level. She used to kill it in black when she had black hair. The clothing style is ok, definitely not the best but also not the worst. The boots have to go, though, she doesn't do heavy well as a Natural.

Elizabeth Olsen

(DAMN! She did everything right. Autumn colors, her hair is no longer dyed to a wrong color so it all matches)
    Her look is so good that I can overlook the black eye makeup. It seems Soft Autumn is an Olsen business, huh? Lovely.

J.Lo

(Seems a bit too pastel-toned and not dark enough)
    Why Jennie, oh why? This is a woman who has dedicated herself through the last five or so years to try and change everything that makes her who she is. She's a Dark Autumn Romantic, yet she constantly shoots for Dramatic Classic Bright Spring or True Winter. Lately she's been using soft Autumn. Terrible.

Beyoncé

(The lighting in the room's dark but I can still see it matches really well, really glowing. Her blonde hair spoils it! This would be perfect in dark brown)
    Beyoncé is not very consistent with her colors, but at least she knows from the beginning gold makes her a goddess. She is yet another Bright Spring that should avoid black altogether. She shoots at the Dark seasons a lot, but this is not to bad. The shaping though is as off as the other Romantic ladies. Where is her waist?

Nina Dobrev

(I find this color superb on her.)
    Quite good, Nina is an actual Dramatic Classic and a Dark Winter, so this is right around her corner. Compare her with the above examples and see how this lines flatter her the absolute most. She is a pear with fluctuating weight, but the good thing is that your Kibbe type always stays the same no matter how big or small you get. I just wish there was more contrast.

Kelly Clarkson

(Picture quality is low, hard to tell)
    Bad in all accounts, but then again is far from her wort, this lady is a fashion terrorist.

Demi Lovato

(YES. Black works. This is amazing)
    Spot on as always, Demi is a feast for the eyes thanks to her acceptance of what she looks like. She stays within her palette or least the Winter blends 100% of the time, and it shows. Demi is a Flamboyant Gamine who works with her body instead of going against it. Jenny, take notes!

Alicia Keys

(Not optimal with her turban color, but the dark mesh is just a nice eye-catcher)
    As the only lady of color who's a Light Spring among celebs, Alicia is usually way off. She tends to wear a mix of Dark Winter, Bright Winter and Soft Summer. There are few pictures of her wearing her colors but oh my, how delightful they are! Lines are correct though, she's a Dramatic.

Kylie Jenner

(50-50 on this one, not so sure. Anyway I love Kylie's body type)
    Kylie usually dresses herself really well in terms of lines, but the colors in this are doing nothing for her. She looks faded, like the background on a picture instead of the main focus. 50/50 indeed.

Ileana D'Cruz

(Flawless choice)
    She's a Dark Dramatic of some sort so this would have been the perfect choice, except the pants are ruined at the bottom. She's not tall or narrow enough to carry that flare. Still quite good.

Other examples:

- Kelly Clarkson
    - Iggy Azalea
    - Whitney Thompson
    - Gretchen Carlson
    Azalea actually dressed almost flawlessly during her New Classic days at least on music videos and on stage. Unfortunately her fashion sense has since gone downhill, like the rest of her life.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FDG you're the second. Ectomorph/mesomorph refers to your build and metabolism, but Kibbe is different. You have to first find examples of men who resemble you, and then we can find what type they are and the guidelines.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FDG you're the second. Ectomorph/mesomorph refers to your build and metabolism, but Kibbe is different. You have to first find examples of men who resemble you, and then we can find what type they are and the guidelines.
    In terms of skin + hair tone, like this:

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But do his features look like yours eyes, nose etc)? Or is it meant to guess your season? We can't guess what season you are by seeing a picture of someone whose coloring is like yours, and who we don't know which season falls into.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing "wrong" with you, it's kinda like the whole "is this dress white or blue" thing: you just don't have fine color perception. The brain of different people process color uniquely, that's why those memes were such a thing. Some brains discount some colors, others don't.

Color analysis is for people who prize naturality and harmony in terms of look, when you follow your palette there's no conflict because the colors you wear are already present in your body. You personally simply doesn't care for it, which is fine.
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just took a photo:

It is night time here so artificial light unfortunately. Hope it helps anyway though.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by entelecheia View Post
    People don't "not process color as finely" unless they're colorblind. People who process color normally have a huge variation in what they see. http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/color2.html#individualdiffs The palettes are nice for building a theme but that seems like about it. What colors to wear seems like more of a personality-based preference like playful people choosing true spring and grumpy librarians choosing soft autumn to me. None of the palettes displayed on the computer screen are ever going to match anything you can physically wear due to the light source and that's a fact.
    The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    I just took a photo:

It is night time here so artificial light unfortunately. Hope it helps anyway though.
    You clearly have Autumn in you, but the black is way too saturated compared to all the colors on your face. The blazer(?) looks taupe (Summer) on my screen and is an ok match but too cool, so I'd say you're a Soft Autumn. If warm browns look better on you than cocoa, and you can wear orange, peach and gold well, than Soft Autum is confirmed.

This is based on a picture taken with no so good lightening, so take it with a grain of salt.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRAPED CLIENT SERIES: AUTUMNS

Dark Autumn:

True Autumn:

Soft Autumn:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRAPED CLIENT SERIES: SPRINGS

Bright Spring:

True Spring:

Light Spring:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRAPED CLIENT SERIES: SUMMERS

Light Summer:

True Summer:

Soft Summer:

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRAPED CLIENT SERIES: WINTERS

Dark Winter:

True Winter:

Bright Winter:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Playing With Fire Thanks for Kibbe/Seasons addendum for the pear shapes!

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and mesomorph

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I just want to say I love this look, in the spoiler. The doe eyes and light makeup.

I own a lot of makeup but have no idea what to do with it beyond the basics. I don't know much about shading or highlighting (other than light bronzer to highlight) and when I had it done professionally I felt like a clown and wiped a lot off before I felt presentable. Mostly the blush and brows. It looked awful to me.

I look fine with crimson red lips but not a bright red unless I am tan (I stopped tanning). If I am tan I can do some dark shades of orange. Anything salmon looks awful on me though. When my hair is red I just do an auburn brow but the pro made them dark brown and heavy. It threw my face off balance. I am not sure why she chose to do it that way. I like several shades of purple but not to wear, except on lips if my eyes are done right. I own a lot of nail polish and can get away with more color on my nails than face. I can do black or dark electric blue on nails and it looks good but I don't think I look good in any blue usually. I have pulled off a sky blue but my hair and skin were the right shades at the time. I can't wear blue eye shadows at all. I can do teal liner.

I decorate my home in a lot of deep jewel tones and earthy colors. I can often blend well with my home decor. I think @reverie is very pretty without makeup. I noticed her skin tone is more like my ESE sister. She also has pink/reddish undertones. She has a different dad. My full sister has olive skin which is very different from my mom and me. I feel she can wear a lot of color I can't and vice versa.

I rarely wear blush but the look above is a soft, just got out of bed pretty makeup. I probably do this look the most, when I wear makeup now. For years I focused only on eyes and lips, regardless of the color used because I feel my cheeks are too prominent and high. I have Greek features but was born blonde. My lashes and brows are still blonde but my hair has gotten darker. It looks more ash brown to me but I still have natural gold highlights.

My mom is gray now but it isn't even gray. It is the most beautiful shade of silvery white, straight out of LOTR. The colorist told her that women pay a lot to get her color. I had to talk her out of dying it brown once she went all white. She didn't realize how beautiful and unique it is. My grandmother on her side was the same. I don't think my olive skin sister will get that color when she gets older but I will because I take after my mom more than my dad. I will have to make color adjustments when the time comes.

Since I was a teen, I chose to go red (usually auburn but many shades, some awful like strawberry blonde) for many years because I felt it expressed the fire inside me that most people did not realize was there at first. Maybe it was a symbolic warning to all trespassers. lol I wanted an intense color to balance out my introverted aspects. I stood out.

Hair colorists always tried to get me to go blonde. More than one said I had the perfect base color for blonde but I tried blonde a couple times and didn't like it. Maybe because it was closer to what looked natural than the reds or magenta (I did that too). Now I am thinking about going a little blonde, or golden brown, just to try it out but then I feel a lot of the colors I wear now would look different. I did bronze brown not long ago and the color suits me. It also complemented more of the clothes I own than the auburn does. I have more color options with the bronze brown. I liked that.

I can also wear both gold and silver jewelry. I prefer silver. If I do a spray tan I cannot say which looks best. I like vintage copper jewelry which does look good whether I am pale or darker. I can wear some shades of red but others look awful. I can wear white and black. I can only wear some pastels when I am tan (and my hair is the right color) otherwise I feel washed out in pastels. But, creams, beige or tan is fine on me and doesn't look boring. Whatever I wear I always add something to stand out that makes it all work, like vintage emerald green and copper chandelier earrings and taupe knee high suede boots, which I would wear with the colors the girl has in the pic is wearing but I might add a crimson lip stain instead of the pale lips with them. I have women and men compliment me on these boots all the time and ask where I got them. More women than men actually.

My mom is the only person I know who has never worn makeup but when she gets dressed up she looks polished and she stands out. Makeup does not do her any justice. She has pale blue eyes and silver white hair with perfect skin (even at her age now). When her hair was brown naturally it was the same. She could dress up for a night out without a bit of makeup and stand out more than someone in full makeup. Yes, I was jealous. I don't have the blue eyes but we have the same skin tone. My eyes are more amber but I call them hazel. My aunt always said I had "cat eyes" because the color always changed depending on what I was wearing or the lighting.

Does this sound like deep autumn still? @Playing With Fire

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony here is your complete lack of self awareness. You claim color is nothing but preference, yet everything you said here is based on just that. There is no fact here no matter what your "nobody puts me in a box" mind prefers to believe. If you wanna discredit Munswell then go ahead, come back with scientifically results that prove him wrong. The burden of proof is with you.

But about the bolded, colors os a screen can't match fabric you say? Pantone is shook:

It even matches food lol:

And plants:

Some examples of the collective hallucination called "matching your seasonal color fan to fabric, makeup and acessories":

Oh and take your ugly stereotypes about people's personalities somewhere else while you're at that.
    I looked up the theory and it's fine but Chae explained it reeeeally poorly, and it's also still a fact that computer screen colors can't match the colors from clothes and people's complexion to show how it really works. The theory is based on hue, chroma, and value (which are on a scale, so there aren't boxes in it either, just trends) and computer screens have a very limited range there and can't capture subtle nuances that distinguish the really similar-looking colors at all.

I basically just have an issue with the fact that maniac came in here wanting to understand this, and you basically just told her to piss off because she's fundamentally incapable of understanding. She might've been a bit uncivil about it, but wasp also said the same thing more civilly. I know this color theory stuff so I can reference it in real life and learn that way (so I take back the thing about personalities, that has more to do with accents and neutral colors), but people without that foundation are just going to feel sort of locked out and look on this thread like some sort of elitist circlejerk. To be honest, I'm not sure either of you really understand or you'd be able to explain better.
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-06-2017 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I just googled around at the season stuff, and I'm pretty sure I'm summer. (maybe soft summer)
    my coloring is pretty similar to ellen pompeo. (who looks a lot like my mom, incidentally)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You clearly have Autumn in you, but the black is way too saturated compared to all the colors on your face. The blazer(?) looks taupe (Summer) on my screen and is an ok match but too cool, so I'd say you're a Soft Autumn. If warm browns look better on you than cocoa, and you can wear orange, peach and gold well, than Soft Autum is confirmed.

This is based on a picture taken with no so good lightening, so take it with a grain of salt.
    OK thanks. This is all very helpful. I am going to buy a lot of new clothes soon, and would like to become more aware of these technical things.

Warm brown vs cocoa...hmm well I would definitely prefer the warmer brown over the cocoa. I have a lot of leather/suede shoes, pants and coats in various warm earthy colors. I am kind of primal if that makes sense.

Orange and peach? I have never worn those colors before, but I have just put a few pieces of fabric over my shirt which is white. The peach appears to work well, as I notice that it compliments my skin tone nicely. As the orange, well, it depended a lot on the shade in question. I feel golden shades or earthy, ochre-like shades were more natural than a bright orange. (I do like to cover myself with gold, hahahah )

Oh one more question: black is one of my favorite colors because it is powerful and masculine, but you have told me that I should avoid black because it is too "saturated". Are there any black-like colors that would still work?
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-06-2017 at 08:25 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Sounds like a typical Dark Autumn who likes to experiment with Winter colors (you sound a lot like my mom in this sphere, she can also get away with a lot, and is DA). You push into a much cooler, sometimes brighter direction and if it works for you, keep going.The boots appear Soft on my phone screen, but we don't get compliments just based on color, the boots probably match your personality, maybe your Kibbe type.

@entelecheia

So basically you came into the thread completely discrediting the theory before having your facts together? As a SeTi type I'm skeptical about a lot of things and highly critical, but I'd never go around making absolute and final claims like you did before doing research, it makes zero sense. It also doesn't fit, don't you love "facts"?

If you reread the OP it's clear the premisse of this thread was never to fully educate people on the system, this isn't a free learning class on PCA. People who teach those are fully trained and highly paid, me and @Chae are doing this for fun though we're very glad to help. It's not our obligation to teach you, Google is your friend.

It comes off as both lazy and entitled that you'd expect us to be free teachers, and on top of that arrogantly states we wouldn't be able to anyway. Obviously you're so used to behaving this way you see nothing wrong woth it, while aparently seeing me as abrasive and elitist.

I never had a problem with no one's ignorance about PCA, or even the dismissal of its validity. I love debating, and contrary to what you think, I'm not truly an arrogant person. Just like you, my problem was an attitude one. If anyone comes in full of arrogant claims while being ignorant and unprepared, I see it as disrespect. To the theory and also knowledge itself. Know your shit before talking shit. No one here claims to be a pro, but we care, and we try.

About the color differences betwen screen and real life, it baffles me. It's absolutely inconsequential and quite irrelevant when discussing PCA in terms of its validity. Because it should be obvious (since a bunch of pictures of color fans were posted) that those digital palettes are merely illustrative. They just exist to give you a general idea of what a palette looks like, no one uses them as a typing system, or prints them to try and match what they wear to it. Professionals always put disclaimers when they post those palettes on their websites or on Instagram, so people don't put too much faith on them.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 11-20-2021 at 04:33 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen

Autumn it is, then. I'm going to post good Autumn neutrals when I get home. For now, you could try a brown black, an off one if the darkest is too much. I'll post a pic of what it looks like later.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Sounds like a typical Dark Autumn who likes to experiment with Winter colors (you sound a lot like my mom in this sphere, she can also get away with a lot, and is DA). You push into a much cooler, sometimes brighter direction and if it works for you, keep going.The boots appear Soft on my phone screen, but we don't get compliments just based on color, the boots probably match your personality, maybe your Kibbe type.
    The test says I am:

"Soft Yin with a slight Yang undercurrent - Theatrical Romantic"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm light spring and like to experiment with anything pastel and bright. Too much black and any usual autumn colors don't suit me at all, I look dead and sickly. Some people with right coloring really suit drab colours, but a lot of people with suitable coloring are too afraid of lively clothes and standing out and end up looking dull and washed up.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

It definitely matches your personality. One thing I find useful is focusing on your face when trying to decide between types. Here's a great article on this thechnique: https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/blog...-for-your-body.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@entelecheia

So basically you came into the thread completely discrediting the theory before having your facts together?
    ...I didn't try to completely discredit the theory, but I somehow succeeded? Hmm.

As a LIE I'm sceptical about a lot of things and highly critical, but I'd never go around making absolute and final claims like you did before doing research, it makes zero sense. It also doesn't fit, don't you love "facts"?
    I'm 3L. I don't need no "facts," but I didn't make no claims.

If you reread the OP it's clear the premisse of this thread was never to fully educate people on the system, this isn't a free learning class on PCA. People who teach those are fully trained and highly paid, me and @Chae are doing this for fun though we're very glad to help. It's not our obligation to teach you, Google is your friend.

It comes off as both lazy and entitled that you'd expect us to be free teachers, and on top of that arrogantly states we wouldn't be able to anyway. Obviously you're so used to behaving this way you see nothing wrong woth it, while aparently seeing me as abrasive and elitist.
    Chae did style this as a teaching thread, and it took Habitual Autodidact Entelecheia to even vaguely figure it out of all the people who didn't know coming in. Aside from that, yes, you did act abrasive and elitist. Of course you wouldn't be able to teach, or you'd know why your dismissal of maniac and wasp's criticisms isn't valid.

I never had a problem with no one's ignorance about PCA, or even the dismissal of its validity. I love debating, and contrary to what you think, I'm not truly an arrogant person. Just like you, my problem was an attitude one.
    Are you also the Queen of Humility?

If anyone comes in full of arrogant claims while being ignorant and unprepared, I see it as disrespect. To the theory and also knowledge itself. Know your shit before talking shit. No one here claims to be a pro, but we care, and we try.
    First, remove the plank from thine own eye...

About the color differences betwen screen and real life, it baffles me. It's absolutely inconsequential and quite irrelevant when discussing PCA in terms of its validity. Because it should be obvious (since a bunch of pictures of color fans were posted) that those digital palettes are merely illustrative. They just exist to give you a general idea of what a palette looks like, no one uses them as a typing system, or prints them to try and match what they wear to it. Professionals always put disclaimers when they post those palettes on their websites or on Instagram, so people don't put too much faith on them.
    I'm not talking about disclaimers on palettes. I mean there is no way a person can learn the system without having real life examples, because, for example, brick red in real life is more saturated than the most intense fire red that can show up on your computer screen, and it's exactly those kinds of differences that define one palette compared to another. It's not inconsequential because what I'm discussing is exactly why it's understandable that a lot of people coming to this thread don't understand the theory and why you shouldn't shoot them down for that.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@entelecheia

I hope the weather in La La Land is good. It has very little to do with PCA if at all at this point, and I have zero interest in derailing this thread any longer in a personal conflict that is pointless.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autumn Neutrals for @Cuivienen

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Found out that Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is a Soft Autumn! They falsely present her as a spring but digging out her old pictures and behind the scenes candids makes it clear:

So of course these colors are good on her:

(Lipstick is a bit off?)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Autumn Neutrals for @Cuivienen

I can totally imagine myself wearing male versions of these. Awesome.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CELEBRITIES SEASONAL PROFILES:

MILLIE-BOBBY BROWN, DARK AUTUMN

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen

It definitely matches your personality. One thing I find useful is focusing on your face when trying to decide between types. Here's a great article on this thechnique: https://www.truth-is-beauty.com/blog...-for-your-body.
    Thank you! That was fun but a little confusing since the other test I took did not have "ethereal" as an option. I looked at my pics last night to try and match what face was more like mine because neither romantic or dramatic really fit alone by those descriptions. Then I saw "ethereal" and the description didn't sound too appealing but I thought I probably fit that one by more than half even if my body doesn't really since I am kind of small not long and lean. People have used words like "alien" "faery" "ethereal" "witchy" and "sexy" to describe me, sometimes combined. Perception is a funny thing. I got a reading of my overall vibe including looks and the way I speak from my irl ILI male friend who I think kind of nailed my true essence. He said I was, um, I should just show you:

I removed my real name.

"**** journeyed from a place where the corridors and hallways are large and old, and the doorways are definitely quite ancient."

"My vision of you came up as a kind of a day dream vision that made some kind of humorous sense. I have been getting energy coming across you and then the energy expressed experience of ancient times, and these ancient feelings are being held back in other worlds to be accessed whenever you're mentally there.

If creatively I like imagine people wondering around their obsessive wilderness of some sort, or their mental corridors, then this described efficiently the energy coming from you as just something to say. Its a way of looking at the architecture that they're mentally wondering through all the time, even in their attempts to communicate in basic sentences. So I'm reading things into people on this certain descriptive level that ideally are a lot of fun.

If I were creating a surrealist painting of some sort of view you would be walking through those corridors in more ways than one. Words seem to spell out dream like crossroads where the roads fantail in a lot of directions but the crossing point can be described in a certain three dimensional way."

I kind of at the ancient description of ethereal type though. It was not too flattering but I think if I am dressing for my face it has to be taken into consideration perhaps equally if not more than romantic. I also have some of the dramatic in my features (fewer than the other two) . I got my brother and his friends to crowd around my desktop pc and go through all the different types with me to figure it out. I trust my brother over the rest since he is the only one who is truly objective since his friends kind f hit on me sometimes. Although at this point they know I am not interested so it is playful.

Based on two type, his friends put me as "ethereal romantic" but I had them all go over my face part by part until we came up with the right one. lol They actually didn't mind and got into it. The final verdict of 4 males, including my brother, is that I am the romantic-ethereal-dramatic type as a whole package. My brother said ethereal face and didn't want to concede to romantic or dramatic but he finally did after a bit of funny debate. At least half of my wardrobe already consists of the ethereal type clothing, half of that is in darker shades but I pair some of it, even the lighter colored pieces, with boots, jeans or a fem cut leather motorcycle jacket, just something to give it a bit of a edge, sometimes. I can also dress in some romantic dramatic type stuff and not look like I am playing dress up. There is a thread here where we posted things people irl said about us and my reviews are pretty varied. I am probably the type that at least some straight men might say looks weird.
    Last edited by Aylen; 11-07-2017 at 05:05 PM.

YWIMW

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast