Joyce- IEE- Ne
    Hopper- LSE-Te
    Nancy- ESE-Si
    Jonathan- ESI-Fi
    Steven- SEE-Se
    Barb- IEI-Ni
    Bob- SEI-Si
    Billy- SLE-Se

Side note, but I'm 100% sure Millie Bobby-Brown is ESE-Fe.
    Last edited by PrettySavage; 04-14-2020 at 01:47 PM.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So me and my friends were discussing the characters earlier, and we decided to take some tests to see which characters we resemble. Shockingly to me, I got Nancy repeatedly:

To be honest I pegged her as xSFJ (MBTI) from the first episode of season one and never thought about it again. The way people describe her on typing blogs (MBTi, mind you) is vastly different from how I perceive her, and it seems like apart from xSFJ the most popular guess is ENTJ.

I'm gonna finish the second season before I try typing her again.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve seems more SEE than SLE. While he's a bit of a jerk, he does have some relational sophistication and sensitivity.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Steve seems more SEE than SLE. While he's a bit of a jerk, he does have some relational sophistication and sensitivity.
    I didn't type him SLE because he's a jerk (WTF), but because his HA it's glaringly obvious, and he show's no . And since when can't they have "relational sophistication and sensitivity"? He had none in first season, but develops it during the second.

We can discuss SEE, but provide actual evidence and reasoning.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the OP with my final typings. After episode 5 is confirmed Mike is EIE and Nancy ESE. Makes sense why I would relate to both of them, it's . Also perfectly explains why she insists playing detective even though she sucks at it.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    I didn't type him SLE because he's a jerk (WTF), but because his HA it's glaringly obvious, and he show's no . And since when can't they have "relational sophistication and sensitivity"? He had none in first season, but develops it during the second.

We can discuss SEE, but provide actual evidence and reasoning.
    Heh.

Gonna climb on up here and observe that if you're ILE, the above quote makes sense to me and I'll let your abrasiveness slide. But I won't engage you because it is unrewarding. Have fun with your thread!
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Heh.

Gonna climb on up here and observe that if you're ILE, the above quote makes sense to me and I'll let your abrasiveness slide. But I won't engage you because it is unrewarding. Have fun with your thread!
    Oh I'm scared to wonder what would happen if you didn't I'll return your "kindness" by pretending lack of interest it's what's holding you back

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

don't worry about Minde, they like adam strange which is all you need to know about them

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Typing Rant

Millie Bobby Brown - she seems to be everywhere taking over the biz so I decided to type her. It was hate at first sight, I don't like this girl for an inexplicable reason. I listened closely and lead is more than obvious:

Nervous high-pitched fake laughter and these explosive moments... 1:21, 7:50. IT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY MAD If someone of you is like that stay away from me

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Nervous high-pitched fake laughter and these explosive moments... 1:21, 7:50. IT DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY MAD If someone of you is like that stay away from me
    Lol... I think it comes across as Fe that's underdeveloped not necessarily in a function-position sense, but in an age/maturity sense. Which makes sense, she's 13 after all.

She also comes across as just a bit nervous with the talk-show format, like she's jumping to have something good to say out of a fear of getting stuck in the conversation. When she starts describing a story and when she's answering direct questions (like around 3:33), you can see her start to calm down a little bit into a more natural speaking style, and then she'll realize she messed up something/feel like she's getting boring and ramp up the energy again. Processing statement... processing statement... oh right, I'm supposed to laugh here! HA-HA!

Give her a few years and she'll be pretty fine.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    Lol... I think it comes across as Fe that's underdeveloped not necessarily in a function-position sense, but in an age/maturity sense. Which makes sense, she's 13 after all.

She also comes across as just a bit nervous with the talk-show format, like she's jumping to have something good to say out of a fear of getting stuck in the conversation. When she starts describing a story and when she's answering direct questions (like around 3:33), you can see her start to calm down a little bit into a more natural speaking style, and then she'll realize she messed up something/feel like she's getting boring and ramp up the energy again. Processing statement... processing statement... oh right, I'm supposed to laugh here! HA-HA!

Give her a few years and she'll be pretty fine.
    You can't expect someone to master their base so early but that was not my point, no need to defend her on that. The moment that counts is now, it's likely that I have no affinity because they've put her life on fast forward and that hurts. Totally traumatizing, forget the future she has. She's nervous but it's consistent with other intimate interviews I've seen. Just something's really off, child star type of issue, makes typing harder. Have to decide between ESE and EIE yet. Ideas?

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE all the way:

And interesting reaction to her "fake laugh" @Chae: that's precisely how I always felt in relation to Jennifer Lawrence: STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!"

I find Millie to be a bit extra and affected yes, but fascinating. Most adult stars nowdays don' t have in their whole bodies the charisma or inborn gift for entertainment she has in her pinky. She can work an outfit too.

I love her enthusiasm and gusto, none of that blasé "I rather be home in my jacuzzi smoking weed" shit so many celebs pull. She's 100% in it, I respect that, and it contagiates me and motivates me.

She had "IT" in spades, so I can forgive the extraness. For now. I'm also praying that I'm wrong about what's in store for her with her stage dad.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Millie Bobby Brown - she seems to be everywhere taking over the biz so I decided to type her. It was hate at first sight, I don't like this girl for an inexplicable reason. I listened closely and lead is more than obvious:

Aw, she's just a kid though. Really, she bothered you? Hm

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love your typings, Playing with Fire.

I think Max is LSI.
    Mr. Wheeler is SLI.

Dustin is my favorite character probably, I like all the Byers family too.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

my thoughts...

Mike- ESI
    Will- EII
    Eleven- Ej ?
    Lucas- LSE
    Dustin- ILE
    Max- SLE
    Kali- boring, don't care
    Joyce- IEE
    Hopper- LSE
    Nancy- ugh
    Jonathan- some introvert
    Steven- SEE
    Barb- SEI
    Bob- SEI
    Billy- Fe-valuer
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 11-15-2017 at 08:22 PM.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by auhin View Post
    I love your typings, Playing with Fire.

I think Max is LSI.
    Mr. Wheeler is SLI.

Dustin is my favorite character probably, I like all the Byers family too.
    I typed Max LSI at first, and to be honest I was on the fence for about six episodes. When Lucas told her the real story, her reaction was textbook PoLR, she's xSI for sure. I type her ESI because she's very aware of and concerned with her relationship to the group, even Eleven when she comes back. She's personal ties seeking, she's not really interested in making sense of any mystery, she wants to crack the group (and Mike specifically). Her focus is related and her confidence and self-worth tied to it. Also, can't really picture her and Mike as Duals, he actually seems to transform himself into a caricature of an LSI when she's around. I think she's Billy Supervisor, i.e. the last two episodes.

Who knows, maybe the third season will make me retype her. I was only able to confidently type Mike and Dustin this time around. Would love to hear your reasoning.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree with all OP's typings except for Steve who I firmly think is SEE, and perhaps Joyce being EIE but I'm less certain about her.

If you compare Billy with Steve I have a really hard time seeing them being the same type. While they both share Se "cool kid" qualities, Billy is definitely lacking far more in the ethics department then Steve. Billy also regularly goes around issuing orders (Ti) to Max while you don't really see Steve doing that with Nancy or anyone else. So SLE for Billy and SEE for Steve.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

max is me in middle school LOL
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Will- EII
    Eleven- ESI
    Dustin- ILE
    Max- LSI-Se > ESI-Se
    Kali- ESI
    Joyce- IEE
    Hopper- LSE
    Nancy- ESE
    Jonathan- Te/Fi introvert, boring af
    Steven- SLE > SEE
    Bob- SEI-Fe
    Billy- SLE

Steven & Dustin <3

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe I love Steven now, really, I could never see it coming. And yes, this season showed Jonathan is boring and quite useless besides his pretty face and cuteness.

All in all this season was a rollercoaster in terms of how it made me feel about the characters, I think that apart from Lucas, Bob and Hopper I hated all of them at a certain point, to them love them either again, or for the first time.

The exception being Dustin, I don't hate him but can't see him the same way as before. And poor sweet Bob, he died so Johop could live.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its amazing that tv show with zero likable characters (except for maybe steven) can be this good. Darya's typings seems alright.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Its amazing that tv show with zero likable characters (except for maybe steven) can be this good. Darya's typings seems alright.
    What tv characters are likable to you?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And poor sweet Bob, he died so Johop could live.
    Bob Newby, superhero. =)

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed Max LSI at first, and to be honest I was on the fence for about six episodes. When Lucas told her the real story, her reaction was textbook PoLR, she's xSI for sure. I type her ESI because she's very aware of and concerned with her relationship to the group, even Eleven when she comes back. She's personal ties seeking, she's not really interested in making sense of any mystery, she wants to crack the group (and Mike specifically). Her focus is related and her confidence and self-worth tied to it. Also, can't really picture her and Mike as Duals, he actually seems to transform himself into a caricature of an LSI when she's around. I think she's Billy Supervisor, i.e. the last two episodes.

Who knows, maybe the third season will make me retype her. I was only able to confidently type Mike and Dustin this time around. Would love to hear your reasoning.

Hmmm. Makes sense. But she seemed to at first not care about being a part of the group... Is that also Fi? When she switches to wanting to be included, I thought that could be her Fe coming out...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

<3 this show. types of the characters didn't occur to me as I watched except for noticing ted was like a flat-out stereotype of e9 (maybe SLI)

playbuzz quiz result:
    Dustin is smart and funny, and is always able to lighten the mood. He is incredibly intelligent, and often seen as the "smart one" in his friend group. Like you, he likes to have a good time, and thinks life is better if you're laughing.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think this show is really overhyped. It's ok but that's all. Maybe it just shows how terrible all other shows are.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    I think this show is really overhyped. It's ok but that's all. Maybe it just shows how terrible all other shows are.
    It definitely is overhyped, but I'm a total sucker for young adolescent/coming of age adventures for some reason.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    It definitely is overhyped, but I'm a total sucker for young adolescent/coming of age adventures for some reason.
    I enjoy watching shows with very normal people with normal lives like Friends, I mean the show itself is not good or interesting but those shows calm me down lol