Thread: Realistic examples for Te

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Realistic examples for Te

When I think of Te I think of business/hard work/knowledge/ Money /organizing etc, while I am only a poor engineering student, who doesn't have high grades. when someone is not powerful, for example a young LSE or LIE, how does Te manifest itself?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

just otoh:

-a little while ago i asked my friends' LSE mom for advice and she said, "well, the way i see it, you have three options and they are 1) -, 2) -, and 3) -."

-when we were deciding about whether my kid should move in w/ me my SLI ex had a list of pros and cons that wasn't formalized or on paper, but just how he thinks & he was able to think ahead pretty clearly about how moving would affect various other factors like transportation and medical.

-when my LIE coworker was given the job of showing me how to deal with something complicated, he only took about 10 minutes to prepare & had a bunch of organized materials for me w/ pertinent highlighting and it all made sense and required minimal questions/back and forth. (it would have taken me like 3 hrs to prepare that and i would have been like "omg am i explaining right?")

BASICALLY to me it's like being able to provide context/direction that makes decision making much clearer and less stressful. like they are handing out maps w an outline of the terrain.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've posted this in my blog, but i don't mind repeating it.

Here's an example at its most simplest: I smoke cigarettes and ExxJ - Te noticed that all my friends also are smokers. He asked me whether I started smoking because of my friends.

He tried to deduce causality from what he observed.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

From my own peculiar definitional standpoint, Te is basically giving external objects names so they can be distinguished from each other and from oneself. Being external to the self, Te doesn't try to fit those objects into any particular internally-based, subjective categorization scheme, as Ti does. It just notes that there are objects out there that can be distinguished from each other by naming them.

The fact that Te lacks any relation to any internally imposed scheme means that the Te groupings of objects by name is fluid and flexible and is not restricted to fixed categories. This means that objects can be grouped or ungrouped based on how you value them (Fi) or how the group values them (Fe) or on what you intuit that they can be used for (Ni) or by the many possibilities of their use (Ne).
    This also means that, to Te users, objects are valued more by what you can do with them and less by whether they fit into a consistent system. This means that Te-users are more likely to be doers than to be categorizers, as Ti-users tend to be.

Te primarily manifests itself in the user thinking in terms of the most efficient way to organize external objects (there's that flexibility in classification that I mentioned) and in process rather than categorization. "What can I do with this?" rather than "Where does this fit in?"
    You should be able to see how this applies to business activities and making money, which are similar to fighting in many ways. You have to find strategies to survive and prosper in an unpredictably changing environment, and you don't need to know everything about a machine gun or a mortgage-backed security to use it effectively.

Basically, if you are a Te-user and are engaged in any kind of struggle, be it as a student vying for grades or a business person vying for money, you will be thinking in terms of process rather than categorization. "How do I arrange (rename, regroup) the things in my environment for my maximum advantage?"

*EDIT*
    Incidentally, engineering school is much more Te than Ti. You are using what you find in the environment to accomplish a task. You don't give a rat's ass about the inter-atomic forces or the metal crystal's k wavevector, you just want to know that the material properties are consistent and fracture formation is far enough below a critical stress level that when you build a bridge or a turbine engine compressor blade out of the stuff, it isn't going to let go and kill someone.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-20-2017 at 12:21 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting your nose in the books bruh. Get the job done. Mind your businesses.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    When I think of Te I think of business
    > organizing

"how to do"

> /hard work/

reasonable actions. sometimes it's "hard work" to get better result

> knowledge

factual knowledge. raw data

> / Money /

no. it's Se

> how does Te manifest itself?

To gather data to choose the best variant. To remember many things and later use it - wide surface knowledge. Reasonable people which value efficiency, objectiveness, truth.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Wrt "hard work" I think Te can be almost the opposite - seeing how to make work easier and get more from less. Maybe Te egos are more oriented toward work if they excel in that area, not sure, but I don't associate te w "hard work" per se.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Wrt "hard work" I think Te can be almost the opposite - seeing how to make work easier and get more from less. Maybe Te egos are more oriented toward work if they excel in that area, not sure, but I don't associate te w "hard work" per se.
    Well EJs have to kind of do something otherwise they fret around, if they are Te it's more like whatever, at least let's do something that's profitable...

ILIs and SLIs are definitely the masters at getting the most out of anything they do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well EJs have to kind of do something otherwise they fret around, if they are Te it's more like whatever, at least let's do something that's profitable...

ILIs and SLIs are definitely the masters at getting the most out of anything they do.
    yeah, I was going to add in something about EJ temperament but got lazy lol.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Social rank, age, and power do not matter to how manifests - it is all about how it functions generally. Like you couldn't say a rich ENFp does this and that and a poor one does only this Any person could do hard work when they are in the respective position and the job just requires it.

The of Elon Musk and Bill Gates is just like yours. They only have more resources i.e. opportunities, and those are arbitrary. is what you just do with what you have, it could be anything! Young LIE and LSE could fix a bike, make a presentation in class, organize a meeting with friends by booking a location etc, put their room into order, write a blog, publish a book, manage documents of students, be an underground rapper (Gamma NTs is an awesome rapper archetype acknowledge that come on), programme something, go shopping, install a printer, chop wood, post on 16types, become a Youtuber, run a Friday evening bar, sew clothes, make sculptures, monitor global news, do the laundry, read in their library,...

And, because why not, talk about spirituality, I found this LIE online talking about chakras (some of the latest topics on here) Very interesting, he turned this entire topic into a "how-to" manual.

An older LIE I know is a midwife, for instance, she has the most flexible and often prolonged hours, the most stressful uncomfortable job, and doesn't get paid a lot. She just does it because it keeps her in motion and I am sure suggestive is important, too. Not many other types would be as suitable for this crazy profession I swear.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi-egos have this block that comes in the form of roundabout diplomacy which inhibits their ability to relay information effectively and efficiently, let alone a lack of preference for that type of information in the first place. obviously it depends on where Te falls in their stacking but even if they're knowledgeable (Te buzzword), their expression is still diluted by their respective Pe function, their Fi is geared in a different direction too. end doesn't justify the means

Te-egos seem to lack this filter. their respective Pi function dilutes the information in its own way, depending on the end-goal they have in mind ("end justifies the means"), but it generally comes out coherent, albeit a little tactless, so I think it could be any effective exchange of information

Fi-ego: "mm yeah I'd like it if you could, um, you know. just come over.. yeah, over here, in this general area where I am, please and thank you."
    Te-ego: "get your ass over here"

as for realistic examples, I reckon my dad is LSE (slim chance of LIE) and the way he employs Te in his approach to work is by gradually making his work easier by combining stages into 10, 5, and then eventually all in one go. like lungs explained, next thing you know he's doing in 10 minutes what takes most people an hour. he used to have a cabinet from his military days organized to the NINES. everything had its proper place, and this attitude carried over to his coaching style (which varies considerably from my own) and he has this quiet itching to climb to the top of any work or recreational hierarchy so that he has free reign to delegate roles and tasks because nobody knows anything and seriously what the hell are you doing with that hammer

I think being dynamic types helps with this, where Fi-egos hammer a nail the same way a million times and wonder why it's not working, Te-egos take a step back and ask why it's not working before they do it a better way... again... and again... and again... until they're doing it the best way