TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Se versus Si touch

Hello everyone! Back with a new thread 😌

I'm interested in how 's touch differs from 's, how are they like in comparison, with what motive or incentive?

You could give practical examples with the specific type representatives (for instance, S ignoring versus demonstrative makes a huge difference) or talk about it in theory, either is good.

That is all, thank you

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is sensations and Se is force. If you hug someone that is Se. The sensation of being hugged is Si.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems like Aushra divided the IMs as 8 dimensions - is kinetic energy and is space. With people observe the power, strength, to some extent utility, of things in the outside world. It is how we can observe levels of mobilisation and mobilises ourselves too. (Whereas with you can observe potential energy, i.e. what something can become, or what it can produce, rather than what it is or what level it is at.)

With we observe the relationship between things in a space (whereas is in a time.) Some practical example: when we are with we can see the subjective relationship between things, but we are not necessarily judging them, we are just contrasting them. When you have a cheeseboard and taste many types of cheeses, will help you feel the differences between them and their effects in your mouth.

With you observe the force or power of something - when you are drawing the bowstring for archery you will use it to observe the kinetic power of the arrow and how much energy is required. Or if you cross a busy road even, you must see the speed of the cars/where they will soon be et cetera.

I do not like practical eg, but I gave some there.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se = physical touch
    Si = sensual touch

Si is not concerned with the physical object at all, only the immediate impressions from it.

Si senses what's going on on the inside.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se is BDSM and Si is Kama Sutra

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Si base doesn't usually show that much sensuality. Because everything is sensuality, so it is not demonstrated in any special way.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    Seems like Aushra divided the IMs as 8 dimensions - is kinetic energy and is space. With people observe the power, strength, to some extent utility, of things in the outside world. It is how we can observe levels of mobilisation and mobilises ourselves too. (Whereas with you can observe potential energy, i.e. what something can become, or what it can produce, rather than what it is or what level it is at.)

With we observe the relationship between things in a space (whereas is in a time.) Some practical example: when we are with we can see the subjective relationship between things, but we are not necessarily judging them, we are just contrasting them. When you have a cheeseboard and taste many types of cheeses, will help you feel the differences between them and their effects in your mouth.

With you observe the force or power of something - when you are drawing the bowstring for archery you will use it to observe the kinetic power of the arrow and how much energy is required. Or if you cross a busy road even, you must see the speed of the cars/where they will soon be et cetera.

I do not like practical eg, but I gave some there.
    is also space, otherwise you cannot have powerful and expansive kinetics in the first place! as a contrasting process is a nice idea. What I want to know is how this transfers to the feeling on skin.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo there isn't an "Se hug" nor an "Si hug". Se and Si are information elements.
    But I suppose if pressed one could say that one difference may be between hugging a person with the intent to get information about their body and it's static traits, vs hugging a person to feel out the relational dynamics between your body and their's. (Se = static object; Si = dynamic field)

(edited to add: rereading the thread and I'm not sure why 'hug' stuck in my head rather than 'touch' as the OP's question, sorry about that, but the above would still apply...touch used to gain info about the traits of what's being touched vs touch being used to figure out the relational dynamics between toucher and touched.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    is also space,
    don't think so, this doesn't seem to be what original socionics texts say, or even modern ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    otherwise you cannot have powerful and expansive kinetics in the first place! as a contrasting process is a nice idea. What I want to know is how this transfers to the feeling on skin.
    you don't need to observe what is in space to be expansive or visa versa - expansion comes from extraversion. extravert is inclined to change object, whereas introvert changes relation between object(s)/subject(s).
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    imo there isn't an "Se hug" nor an "Si hug". Se and Si are information elements.
    But I suppose if pressed one could say that one difference may be between hugging a person with the intent to get information about their body and it's static traits, vs hugging a person to feel out the relational dynamics between your body and their's. (Se = static object; Si = dynamic field)

(edited to add: rereading the thread and I'm not sure why 'hug' stuck in my head rather than 'touch' as the OP's question, sorry about that, but the above would still apply...touch used to gain info about the traits of what's being touched vs touch being used to figure out the relational dynamics between toucher and touched.)
    If you think of it, moving the finger is Se and sensing the environment is Si. Touch is essentially both.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si senses anything on the inside. It can be body reactions, state of alertness, impressions from the environment. But Si does not sense the environment, strictly speaking, only the impressions from it.

It's a psychic fact that the environment gives rise to inner impressions. Materials, trees, stones, surfaces, dust, liquids etc give rise to inner impressions. That's just how the human mind has evolved. Si is about sensing all this.

Especially erotic touch gives rise to strong inner impressions. So Si is very sensitive to this. Being touched this way one can feel that the person is detached. Everything is on the inside and the object itself secondary. Some people would say it's boring.

When a person gives you an "Si touch" they only touch you physically to the extent that inner impressions are evoked in them (and maybe in you). This can be called a sensual touch.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Yup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Se touch

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Se touch

bad examples

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    bad examples
    agree. Se touch is not good. they like s&m

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    agree. Se touch is not good. they like s&m
    Se touch is hugging, being direct about it. Si is almost religious about it. If we are doing this meta thing. Not more to say. Ni and Si are almost the same in that it is meta.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se is like kamasutra
    While
    Si is missionary