Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    LII 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Lol, but what about the others who say the same thing? Actually I didn't start this whole "Socionics is a cult" thing, but whatever.

Nice job trying to make it personal, when it isn't. This kind of ad-hominem, irrational personal accusation tactics is exactly what makes it cult-like.
    It wasn’t really meant to be an ad-hominem attack. More than anything I wanted to highlight (in a provocative manner, I will admit) how I don’t think your thesis that “Socionics and this forum are cult-like” holds up very well. Many posters before me have provided reasons as to why, so I didn’t find it necessary to expand. I just don’t think this site has enough elements characteristic of “cults”, to be called “cult-like”. The only one I can see is that people here are willing to suspend their rationality to believe in a system of thought that is unscientific and essentially unprovable, so it’s kind of a blind faith. However, nobody is saying that whoever doesn’t believe in this system is “wrong”, or “evil”, which makes this site significantly less cult-like already, don’t you think?

For example, I think that many of your criticisms of Socionics are valid and I respect you if you don’t subscribe to it. Hell, as a person who puts a great deal of importance in science and rationality, I am perfectly willing to admit that Socionics is a weakness of mine, and as a “man of science” I’d probably better drop it.
    I just criticize your insistence on calling “cult-like” something that’s just a little, dumb hobby for most of the people here. That’s all.

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well like I said, I don't really particularly care whether Socionics is cult-like or not, and that's not my main point. However, someone started saying that Socionics is a cult, and it was pretty funny and it stuck. It's probably what a lot of people latently feel about it, but don't overtly express it.

But it's like people have gotten so touchy that we can't even jokingly call it a cult. If people started calling physics or biology a cult, then people would just laugh it off since there's nothing about it that's cult-like.

TIM
    LII 1w2 sp/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well like I said, I don't really particularly care whether Socionics is cult-like or not, and that's not my main point. However, someone started saying that Socionics is a cult, and it was pretty funny and it stuck. It's probably what a lot of people latently feel about it, but don't overtly express it.

But it's like people have gotten so touchy that we can't even jokingly call it a cult. If people started calling physics or biology a cult, then people would just laugh it off since there's nothing about it that's cult-like.
    Ok, then I must admit I didn’t realize that you were joking. Irony can be difficult to pick up on an online forum. Sorry for being a bit of a troll.

Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

cult cult cult cult
    Typing [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x] YouTube [x] Discord [x] Film [x]

TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol, but what about the others who say the same thing? Actually I didn't start this whole "Socionics is a cult" thing, but whatever.

Nice job trying to make it personal, when it isn't. This kind of ad-hominem, irrational personal accusation tactics is exactly what makes it cult-like.
    Bruh if u keep doing this ur outta the cult

Mango Helps w/ Kidney Stones A Moderator's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE C cp6
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    cult cult cult cult
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Bruh if u keep doing this ur outta the cult
    Yes, my children.

SHALADALAYA DALA DING DONG
    Santa Claus: That probably comes from the inherent profit motive of the bourgeoisie mentality.
    Santa Claus: Even on a cold day, a Coke is refreshing.

Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When someone says that he hits to nails by the hammer while you hit to fingers only it's just because of his imagination and rationalizing. The same is with Socionics.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

I don't see it that way BFGDoomer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This applies to all fields of verbal communication.
    Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516