Thread: Reverie's Enneagram Type

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reverie's Enneagram Type

Last edited by Aster; 12-08-2017 at 12:18 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 vibe af

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

4w5 So/Sx (496)

"Strong 9 vibe" because of strong 9 fix + 1D (PoLR) .

Preoccupation with "Sp" (seeming) things because of HA.
    SP things temporarily ease SO related "neuroses", but not for the long haul...

Your main concern and issue seems to revolve around social bonds, feeling of belonging, feeling sociable, etc.
    Followed by an intimate connection with your husband.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    4w5 So/Sx (496)

"Strong 9 vibe" because of strong 9 fix + 1D (PoLR) .

Preoccupation with "Sp" (seeming) things because of HA.
    SP things temporarily ease SO related "neuroses", but not for the long haul...

Your main concern and issue seems to revolve around social bonds, feeling of belonging, feeling sociable, etc.
    Followed by an intimate connection with your husband.
    Good! Agree with the combos. Something around that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@reverie your recent pictures really don't look 4w5 imo. Maybe it is that you've changed in these years, but 18 should be the prime 4w5 rebel sort of years : ). I'm actually of the opinion that enneagram type is the easiest to assess around age 20, before many people mellow out and become more "balanced". You're very beautiful btw.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rev, you do not need to fit in any one enneagram, imo. You seem a little of this, a little of that. Your tritype seems pretty reasonable.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    @reverie your recent pictures really don't look 4w5 imo. Maybe it is that you've changed in these years, but 18 should be the prime 4w5 rebel sort of years : ). I'm actually of the opinion that enneagram type is the easiest to assess around age 20, before many people mellow out and become more "balanced". You're very beautiful btw.
    4w5 is not really rebellic. It's double withdrawn so it withdraws to protect image (4) and conserve energy (5). The only 4w5 "rebel" I know of is Marilyn Manson, but he's also social first so he is more outward focused than a typical 4, and he's 6&8 fixed so that makes him want to push against more.
    I dont think Reverie is 4w5 though but she could have that as a fix. I think shes 9.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    4w5 is not really rebellic. It's double withdrawn so it withdraws to protect image (4) and conserve energy (5). The only 4w5 "rebel" I know of is Marilyn Manson, but he's also social first so he is more outward focused than a typical 4, and he's 6&8 fixed so that makes him want to push against more.
    I dont think Reverie is 4w5 though but she could have that as a fix. I think shes 9.
    Rebellic was not exactly what I had in mind, wrong choice of word. I agree with you. I think reverie is EII 9w1 - something similar to Michelle Williams for example.

What I meant was a darker tinted, more withdrawn edge, not rebellic.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Just saying, dressing dark doesnt make one 4w5 at all - My mom is a TWO and she dresses almost always in black - That's something @Olimpia has made up - she likes to type people by how they dress .. which would be more ok if she understood that the 5 wing makes a 4 more like a wall and not wanting to expose themselves, in general 4w5 would find clothing like olimpia posts as 4w5 to be silly and tryhard. Again, Marilyn Manson is an exception because he is social so he needs everyone to know that hes broken and ugly etc.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Just saying, dressing dark doesnt make one 4w5 at all - My mom is a TWO and she dresses almost always in black - That's something @Olimpia has made up - she likes to type people by how they dress .. which would be more ok if she understood that the 5 wing makes a 4 more like a wall and not wanting to expose themselves, in general 4w5 would find clothing like olimpia posts as 4w5 to be silly and tryhard. Again, Marilyn Manson is an exception because he is social so he needs everyone to know that hes broken and ugly etc.
    Type 4s are image types. You can tell someone is a Type 4 by the image they present. It is an image of being "unique", and often "misunderstood, dark, tormented" etc. Emos and Goths are typically Type 4s.

And sure, not every person who dresses dark or in black is automatically a 4. Other types wear black, too. It depends more so on the overall image and "message" the person is sending. Average to unhealthy 4s often struggle with depression, and then they tend to gravitate towards black to "communicate" that. Etc.

If it is not the clothing, then it is often the hair that is a bit "quirky" or "unique". It is rare to meet a 4 who is very neutral in their appearance. The only ones that are like that are 4w5 EIIs, in my experience. But even they usually have weird hair for some reason. But yeah, they can be more low key. SX/SO 4s are the most flamboyant in their appearance, like Marilyn Manson. SO/SX 4s can also be a bit more "extra", but being aware of social convention and concerned with still being accepted by the group, they are much more self-conscious about it, and hesitant to go "all the way".

Tbh, I find Cuivienien pretty much looks like a stereotypical 4w5.

P.S: 3s try to look successful; or they'll try to look polished and well-adapted to their environment. 4s stick out usually, in one way or another. If not by their style (which is common), then at least by their "aura" or behavior.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    the external conflict. [/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Someone else that is typed often EII E9 on here is Minde, and I don't really see us being that much alike. But it could be because we have a different fix, or tritype.

I think you come across pretty similar from writing style.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no reason to doubt 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4w5 sp/so 496, i think.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Type 4s are image types. You can tell someone is a Type 4 by the image they present. It is an image of being "unique", and often "misunderstood, dark, tormented" etc. Emos and Goths are typically Type 4s.

And sure, not every person who dresses dark or in black is automatically a 4. Other types wear black, too. It depends more so on the overall image and "message" the person is sending. Average to unhealthy 4s often struggle with depression, and then they tend to gravitate towards black to "communicate" that. Etc.

If it is not the clothing, then it is often the hair that is a bit "quirky" or "unique". It is rare to meet a 4 who is very neutral in their appearance. The only ones that are like that are 4w5 EIIs, in my experience. But even they usually have weird hair for some reason. But yeah, they can be more low key. SX/SO 4s are the most flamboyant in their appearance, like Marilyn Manson. SO/SX 4s can also be a bit more "extra", but being aware of social convention and concerned with still being accepted by the group, they are much more self-conscious about it, and hesitant to go "all the way".

Tbh, I find Cuivienien pretty much looks like a stereotypical 4w5.

P.S: 3s try to look successful; or they'll try to look polished and well-adapted to their environment. 4s stick out usually, in one way or another. If not by their style (which is common), then at least by their "aura" or behavior.
    @Cuivienen as 4w5? What??? He's like the most stereotypical 3 ever.

I know several 4s who are natural in their appearances and its usually only ever 4w3s with a 7 fix who are "flamboyant". 4w5s: bob dylan, Joni mitchell, Alanis morisette.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen as 4w5? What??? He's like the most stereotypical 3 ever.

I know several 4s who are natural in their appearances and its usually only ever 4w3s with a 7 fix who are "flamboyant". 4w5s: bob dylan, Joni mitchell, Alanis morisette.
    If that is not a stereotypical 4w5 look, I don't know what is.

(P.S: I think he is a Sexual 4 not just because of the way he looks ofc. But he fits the stereotype, imo.)

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone else that is typed often EII E9 on here is Minde, and I don't really see us being that much alike. But it could be because we have a different fix, or tritype.
    you VI similar to Nanooka who is alpha, I also see a lot of Fe valuing in your posting... high agreeableness if nothing else

I kind of think enneagram is bullshit so I guess that makes me a type 6, but for what its worth I think the best way to decide your enneagram type is just decide what you want to be since that's what everyone else uses it for anyway and then that will rationally place you within the framework in a way consistent with everyone else and make its new purpose of being a stand in for an actual identity at least somewhat accurate in some kind of weird relativistic fashion

a lot of this abdicates what type you are to the perception cultivated by the collective and its masters, but that should be no problem for Fe types since they do that with everything anyway

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i don't think when people think of hippies they think of alpha, that's more delta... which isn't to say you aren't allowed your own idiosyncratic vision of things, but maybe alpha isn't what you think it is and maybe you could be alpha if you reject the false notions you may have picked up along the way

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

But I like Alpha. They are like a bunch of hippies and I love hippies.
    QFT
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't think I'm Alpha. But I like Alpha. They are like a bunch of hippies and I love hippies.

But, yeah. I'm usually pretty agreeable.
    "I think the best way to decide your socionics type is just decide what you want to be since that's what everyone else uses it for anyway and then that will rationally place you within the framework in a way consistent with everyone else and make its new purpose of being a stand in for an actual identity at least somewhat accurate in some kind of weird relativistic fashion"

"maybe... isn't what you think it is and maybe you could be...if you reject the false notions you may have picked up along the way"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that moment when you realize one was referencing enneagram and the other socionics

what distinguishes the two is socionics has a somewhat rational basis for deciding type, and my problem with enneagram is theres no such basis to peg it to; its way floatier in comparison (and socionics is already straining the limits of floatiness). im glad you brought it up though, because I had exactly this in the back of my mind and sort of assumed people knew what I was talking about

I wouldn't say it's my own idiosyncratic vision

I've seen people on this site and on others make the correlation- Alpha/Delta.
    you're dead to me

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    that moment when you realize one was referencing enneagram and the other socionics

what distinguishes the two is socionics has a somewhat rational basis for deciding type, and my problem with enneagram is theres no such basis to peg it to; its way floatier in comparison (and socionics is already straining the limits of floatiness). im glad you brought it up though, because I had exactly this in the back of my mind and sort of assumed people knew what I was talking about

you're dead to me
    That is what socionics is like to scientists.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What works for me in enneagram is that I watch group sessions of same types to talk together. It gives enough basis to see that descriptions are doomed to be flawed. Anyway, with some sort of imagination you might try to imagine types as a continuum and that should form some sort of jagged continuous number line representation in your mind.

Then you just place person on the line, check the position and be happy.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there are instincts and tritypes though, if it was as simple as plotting a dot on a continiuum it would be easy, but it jumps all over the place and inverts itself via instincts. maybe there's some kind of order to it but to me it feels hopelessly jumbled. well I can admit I'm not that smart so its probably just me, but still I feel inasmuch as socionics makes some kind of sense, albeit with difficulty, and enneagram doesn't, there exists some difference between the two. perhaps from the point of view of the person who well understands both they are identical, but as for me they are distinct at least inasmuch as I understand one and not the other

I guess what I'm saying is when someone says "I'm a type x in enneagram" I have no idea what that actually means beyond the fact that they identify with some behavioral descriptions. it would be like if socionics had descriptions and that's it, no underlying rationale which is pegged to the phenomenology of the self which I can check myself against. I suspect that the people who "get" enneagram actually "don't get" socionics to some extent because they assume the two are alike in that each only exists in terms of behavioral descriptions; but there's something much deeper going on with socionics, that from my point of view enneagram lacks. its, of course, possible that I'm the one missing out, and I think people that would point to my difficulty in typing myself would say I understand neither, which is an interesting hypothesis, but I don't think its true because I think if people "got" things better than me there would be a lot more discussion that pushed the horizons of knowledge and a lot less misunderstandings and conflict between people in general

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@reverie I am not sure of your main enneatype, but the 496 tritype like myself fits well for you. I can see sp/so fitting you as well in terms of instinct stacking. As for the 9 problem of not choosing sides in an argument, that just proves 9 fix, not 9 main. I have that same issue as well.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is about somebody else's type, not mine, so it would have been better for you to discuss this issue elsewhere.

If that is not a stereotypical 4w5 look, I don't know what is.
    My fashion sense is too poorly developed for me to accurately reflect my mood through what I wear. I do like wearing black, though. It has presence and versatility, two concepts which are of great value to me.

(P.S: I think he is a Sexual 4 not just because of the way he looks ofc. But he fits the stereotype, imo.)
    Enneagram 4, even SX 4w3 would be a bizarre typing suggestion. Compare me to @maniac or even yourself.

If you are serious, you need to read more about Enneagram 4's core fears, their positive and their negative feedback loops. I am happy to share some useful weblinks with you.

Remember not to put much weight on stereotypical descriptions of a type's behaviour, as these are not important to the theory. They are just someone's interpretation of it.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back to the actual thread subject, @reverie, I haven't spent enough time around you to give definitive feedback about your type.

However on the Enneagram 4 question:

The typical E4 snowflake will compensate for their mediocrity through introjection (i.e. they incorporate emotional states, aesthetics and ideas from without to create a more rich internal life). They become a character of their own imagination and romanticise its/their own suffering. Oh I'm so special and this is why I am so alone and nobody understands me. But I dream that one day the perfect man/woman will arrive on my doorstep, kiss me and then everything will be wonderful.

I will be nice today and not name any names, but there are a few forum members who really do make this self-pitying BS into an art form. Fortunately, you are not one of them.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hmm

I went afk and when I returned I noticed that I had typed out "you're cute" but I don't know why, so I'm leaving it here just in case it's important.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do not know you very well so I can not gleam some insight from impressions of you, but you should look to things like the ego-fixations and the holy ideas if you want to type yourself to some benefit. The purpose of enneagram is really self-help/self-development so typing yourself from basic impressions brings less utility.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What about adding them together and being type 13?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    What about adding them together and being type 13?

I actually really like that idea.
    Using numerology it just reduces to 4.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@reverie Actually i think you're so/sp and either 9 with 4 as second fix or vice versa. I think head last comes through alot with you in that you don't feel so calculated about life and with things in general.
    So/sx feels off for you. You dont have the immaturity of sp last. Rather, you have the seriousness, responsibility, and royalty-like quality of so/sp. Royalty is the best way I can explain so/sp hah. Because it feels distant and unreachable.

Edit: 962 so/sp from me.
    Last edited by maniac; 12-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so-first also for some reason, but genuinely unsure.

It's just that you mention people a lot even in these posts, and seem shy in a way that someone not that attuned to so wouldn't be. Oh, and I think genuine hermits don't usually have so many other people trying to drag them out (or might not notice it so much).

PS Could you explain dislike of intensity? There are times when I don't want it, because there's other stuff I would rather save energy for. But in general, I do like it, so am curious.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 11-14-2017 at 12:32 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. Yeah, I'm not the biggest/best hermit in the world. I leave the house to go to the store and talk to people still. I think a lot of it is social anxiety and just being nervous around people. I've considered moving off the grid, but I don't think I'd last long. I'm really a terrible hermit
    Lmao. Yeah, I think hermit-ness driven by social anxiety has a heavy focus on the social, still. For very sp ppl, their hermit-ness has a lot to due w/ forgetting about people, while tending to more pressing concerns.

I don't mind intensity in books, movies, or even myself. I can deal with it in others to an extent, or certain types of intensity, but all the time it seems exhausting. I think what bothers me the most, or what I'm referring to the most, is intense people that make me feel in danger. For example, I'd be really uncomfortable around this guy:

This character Scott, he's like the epitome of what I think of when I think intensity makes me uncomfortable. Like if I had to be around someone like that all the time, I'd be a nervous wreck.

I'm not sure that's intensity (in the sx-sense), it seems like Se or maybe excessive anger?

@lemontrees
    What is intensity in the Sx sense?

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or did anyone else think that scene was going to end in sex for a minute?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    @lemontrees
    What is intensity in the Sx sense?
    Sexual intensity...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To understand better the possibility of "shut eyed" Nine. Check the style of her reactions and of the perceiving.

As the leading versions are 4 and 9. I'll point that ESI (her real type) have more possibility to be Nine, than Four.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I understand, enneagram is about the core fear we carry, why exactly we end up with such, I don't know. It's a growth tool.
    I don't think it would shows up much in the settings of questionnaire video, where appearance matters alot and (likely) everything is set to look good or make one look good : angle, lighting, makeup, wording, or whatever.
    I think that the answer of enneagram type lies in the worst parts of your life, how we lived them, how we behaved, the things that felt off, the inner conflict, what grabbed us by the gut... mind or heart idk. I see enneagram as more of a personal finding than a group one... but this could just be me, and others may think or feel differently.
    I can't give much weight to someone who just says "you look x" about it. It seems incomplete to me. Judging a book by it's cover, and not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve.
    Fear, shame, anger are reasons to hide the ugly truth.
    I believe that the answers come from within and not necessarily when we are looking for them.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When 9 comes to peace with themselves and they feel love flows freely, they get more active towards 3.
    When 9 are doing poorly, they regress at searching love through conditions, being liked by others. 9's at their wrost forget themselves to please others.
    9w8 are more assertive and in touch with their anger, less withdrawn for the self than a ballanced or 1 wing 9.
    9w1 are much more withdrawn and have a stupid tendency to perfectionism.

I'm not that sure I get 4 well, yet it seems to me that 4 in touch with themselves want to inspire and share with others the wonders they have discovered going at 1.
    When they are out of touch with therir core, they end up doormats, underdog who just do as told in great frustration feeling like misunderstood victims of society... I think.
    4w3 seems more about being successfully themselves, regarding how they view "success".
    4w5 would be more about self knowledge.
    I'm very unsure about my 4 stuff, I don't understand the type well.

It is possible for a fix to be almost as strong as core type. It's my case.
    With the very little I know of you, I think 4w5 with 9 fix fits the best, to use what you already see in yourself.

How much do you relate to each of the nine types? On a 0-10 scale maybe.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    The thing I worry about the most typing myself is confirmation bias. I'm trying to be unbiased as possible in all this. So I'm glad people irl that have known me all my life see what I see and it's not just me. It's pretty consistent with what I was thinking, besides 6 being higher than 9. However it does make me think that I'm more 6 than I realized and they are probably right.
    I think you have a good lead here.
    Stick with what feels best to yourself.