Thread: INFj, or INFp?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFj, or INFp?

Hey guys!

I'm stilllll wondering about my type. I'm not sure if I'm actually an INFp or INFj.

Is there anyone who can help me with figuring out my type, based on questions and answers, and not so much VI and tests, which I've already done, and yet am still not convinced by?

A little bit of myself would be:

I was always a know-it-all from a young age. My friends would call me smarty pants even. I would even teach adults how to use equipment such as how to operate a camera.

I liked venturing about on my own during free time in school - either exploring places, or using my camera to snap shots of people to document school life.

I used to be very vocal and playful at home, but quiet and serious in public.

I liked cute guys a lot.

And I liked observing people and seeing how they lived their lives.

I never liked people following me around.

Whenever I was bullied, I would keep quiet and try to endure it on my own.

Yup, these are some things about myself. Feel free to ask more if you need more clues!

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are not IEI and there's no way you are Ni/Se valuing. The only other type besides EII you could possibly be is LII. You SCREAM Se polr.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

INFP seems more correct

> and not so much VI and tests, which I've already done

make my test
    video would help too - it gives information about your nonverbal behavior. there is no magic

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You are not IEI and there's no way you are Ni/Se valuing. The only other type besides EII you could possibly be is LII. You SCREAM Se polr.
    May I know what makes you so sure?? As in, how do I scream Se polr?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    INFP seems more correct

> and not so much VI and tests, which I've already done

make my test
    video would help too - it gives information about your nonverbal behavior. there is no magic
    Hello(: May I know what made you conclude that I'm INFp?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How you express yourself and what you have told me makes me think in Fi over Fe.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a very soft approach vibe from you which makes me think of Ne/Si > Se/Ni; i'm aware of my bias though, meaning, that it might just be an indication of introversion.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pasteldandelions View Post
    May I know what makes you so sure?? As in, how do I scream Se polr?
    I didn't think it was blatantly obvious either. There isn't enough information. Have you tried the extended Hotelambush questionnaire? That one is pretty good. The only thing that really hints of Se PoLR is the part about "Whenever I was bullied, I would keep quiet and try to endure it on my own."

However, I'm not sure how reliable of an indicator that is. I'm definitely Se PoLR, and I have zero tolerance for being bullyed. I don't think I would be able to stay quiet about it because I'd be afraid it would make it worse. If I was brave enough, I might confront the bully head on but most likely I'd probably gather supportive authoritative figures like the police or the principal at school who I perceive as having more power to put it to a stop for good.

What is Se PoLR is the fear of confronting the bully head on, fear of getting beaten up, fear that I am powerless on my own to put a stop to it, which is why I rely on others to help me out here.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pasteldandelions View Post
    May I know what made you conclude that I'm INFp?
    I'm not sure in INFP. But among these 2 variants, I feel your style of talking closer to INFP, than to INFJ.
    If you'll make a video, then maybe I'll be sure in some of types.

As example, your avatar seems too chaotic and not pretty what INFJ would choose.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Sol,

I don't think I'll be able to make a video as I'm not very comfortable with the idea... Maybe in the future...

May I know what the difference is like between the talking styles of an INFp and an INFj?

I really identify with the INFj description, though there are some things an INFp is said to do, that I find myself doing at times too - like threaten to walk away when upset (very seldom though), or want to make sure someone doesn't repeat his mistake by being harsh towards that person.

It is really odd, cause I clearly see myself in quite a few profiles, namely INFj, INFp, INTp, and even ENFp/ENFj. Which is really strange.

I'm just wondering if there is any other way besides VI that can finally settle me in terms of which type I truly am :/

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INFp seem to have far more difficulty completing tasks while INFj have more hesitation in starting them. INFps are more adept at narrowing down on a subject (and sometimes beating it to death) while INFjs have much broader focus (sometimes too wide). INFp also seem to prefer thinking out loud as they engage others but INFj like to take things away to think about them in isolation. INFj also seem to be a little more methodical and rehearsed but a bit of a closet rebel. INFps are very ad hoc but want to feel really accepted by everyone and take exclusion very personally, which an INFj may find somewhat irritating. INFps are better at blending into the crowd and often don't seem to express their own opinions whereas INFjs are often conspicuous due to their opinions but they don't seek the notoriety than an INFp would covet. If you're under 25, you may not be able to fully ascertain your type.

a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EII and IEI are so different types, so it's kindof strange to be choosing between these two. If you are in doubt then maybe you should take some time and get to know relationships dynamics and just observe people around you.

Forget yourself and get to know the type phenomenon better.

Maybe you are some other type?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I think EII and IEI are so different types, so it's kindof strange to be choosing between these two. If you are in doubt then maybe you should take some time and get to know relationships dynamics and just observe people around you.

Forget yourself and get to know the type phenomenon better.

Maybe you are some other type?
    A lot of people seem confused as to which one I am. They can seem very similar at first glance. My gut feeling for OP is not IEI

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    A lot of people seem confused as to which one I am. They can seem very similar at first glance.
    Not in real life though. They are usually easy to tell apart
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think summerprincess is EII. I'm not going to put link on her video but you can find it by searching threads started by her (she can do it herself). She comes off as rational, ignoring and abstract. (I took closer look)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They are usually easy to tell apart
    This depends on skills of a typer and sometimes non-types factors which may change a behavior. So even IRL gives no guarantee you'll choose correctly between quasi-identity types.
    For example, people which used cannabis or have ADHD may to have lesser static nonverbal and with more chances to be typed to P type. If a girl is pretty and polite you may miss different values and with more chances will type her to good IR. Different things may lead to a mistake.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This sounds like my EII sister.

My 2 cents.
    My EII sister used to tell me when she was really scared so I would get involved. I ended up dealing with her bullies quicker than I dealt with my own but she was younger than me and older girls liked to pick on her because she had to go to speech class for a year.

I did punch a boy in the eye in third grade for lifting my skirt in class. It was a reflex proportional to the embarrassment I felt. I got in trouble for hitting him. I got harassed by boys more than girls in lower grades. There was always one boy in each grade who would mess with me and I remembering crying at home until someone told me in a few years they would be going after me in a different way. Their prediction was spot on.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-28-2017 at 06:50 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This depends on skills of a typer and sometimes non-types factors which may change a behavior. So even IRL gives no guarantee you'll choose correctly between quasi-identity types.
    For example, people which used cannabis or have ADHD may to have lesser static nonverbal and with more chances to be typed to P type. If a girl is pretty and polite you may miss different values and with more chances will type her to good IR. Different things may lead to a mistake.
    Yes confusion is always possible but I don't think quasis are particularly hard to tell apart.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes confusion is always possible but I don't think quasis are particularly hard to tell apart.
    Types differing by 1 dichotomy are a little harder than average to distinguish. At least with the methods I'm using.
    Quasi-idintity have no such clear difference like dichotomies (j/p is not easy sometimes), - on the surface often those are people of close gifts, interests, behavior on public. If IEI behaves polite and with restraint, EII behaves a little more expressive - they may become close to quasi-identity in perception of those who don't know them good.