Thread: IR test (by Sol)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1, 9w8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    so something I do a lot of is acting on impulse / following my feelings. I generally know what I want and have no issues in chasing it. For example, I've moved cities at least once a year every year for the past 3-4 years to chase a job / university course / I liked the look of the city / believed I'd be happier elsewhere. And usually people try to talk me out of it and list practical reasons not to, which I ignore

I interpreted this as bad Ni because it makes the flow of events really chaotic and generally I don't know what I'm going to be doing more than one month in advance. And the people warning me are using good Ni to perceive danger I can't see. But in your description above, using my feelings to know what to do next / when I've exhausted on option / when something new will benefit me more is an example of me using good Ni? Particularly this bit about sensors: "lack of positive practice to trust to own feelings" is the opposite to me because I usually trust that I know what will be best for me more than anyone else and usually run contraflow to general opinion and take risks. And fwiw, I'm usually right and now am very over-confident and optimistic (the confidence of a young person who hasn't failed enough yet, probably haha).

everyone describes IEs slightly differently and it's really confusing
    Ehhh for what this is worth, I relate to all of this to a 'T'. I don't think of this as strong Ni. Ni is when you have a gut feeling about how something will turn out in the future. Following impulse has more to do with Si ('I do what I want right now, and I don't listen to the warnings of the future because who really knows what might really happen'). Usually following my Si impulses turns out well for me, also. There are only a few times I really regret not having used Ni beforehand.

I don't see it that way BFGDoomer's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The sorting of the groups without knowledge of the key which says what types those groups represent. When you know which types are there - you may mix your IR impressions with your expectations by the theory.
    I did do this. I watched the videos, ranked them as well as i could (i had a hard time determining clearly what group i liked better than others, though some were clearly better or worse), and then i looked at key and saw the corresponding types. ILI and ILE were clear favourites, while SEE and SLE put me off most. Why do you think i did the thing you thought i did? Is it because SLE and SEE are both Se doms? AFAIK ILI and ILE are not types traditionally seen as grouped together.
    Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.

unrealistic dreamer turd mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Ehhh for what this is worth, I relate to all of this to a 'T'. I don't think of this as strong Ni. Ni is when you have a gut feeling about how something will turn out in the future. Following impulse has more to do with Si ('I do what I want right now, and I don't listen to the warnings of the future because who really knows what might really happen'). Usually following my Si impulses turns out well for me, also. There are only a few times I really regret not having used Ni beforehand.

I think I generally "know" what's best for me but idk if that's iNtuition or just me trying to rationalise dumb impulses. I'd say it's less about "I need to try this new thing" and more "this thing will be better for me" so mb that's Ni>Ne?

I'm trying to just study & understand socionics basics so I'm not over saturating the forum with my n00bness and identity issues but it's not going well.
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    SEI-Fe1, 9w8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I generally "know" what's best for me but idk if that's iNtuition or just me trying to rationalise dumb impulses. I'd say it's less about "I need to try this new thing" and more "this thing will be better for me" so mb that's Ni>Ne?

I'm trying to just study & understand socionics basics so I'm not over saturating the forum with my n00bness and identity issues but it's not going well.
    I generally 'know' what's best for me too...but as for the second part, that could suggest Ni > Ne. But SEIs generally don't take the initiative in Ne matters anyways, they let the Ne-egos bring them along for new, novel activities. This doesn't really change my opinion of you likely being Ne-valuing over Ni-valuing...

Ehhh, well I could always be wrong, and I'm also trying not to saturate the forum with my n00bness, lol xD it's good that you're getting more points of view. Studying is good

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    I did do this.
    Good. But you did not do full types sorting list as was recommended. That would said about your type more, in case you seriously did the procedure and followed the minimums to watch.

From your message follows: 2 top (ILI, ILE), 2 bottom (SLE, SEE) types. In those top you are not totally sure ("it seems"). The place of all other types is not clear too, except ESE, LII, EIE are not near the bottom.
    There are signes that you are attracted to base N types, while have no interest to base S - this points to possible S type, more for base S. The more types among you've mentioned as liked are Ne/Si valued ones. While all reported as disliked are Ni/Se valued - and this is their leading function, the most noticed trait. You may to have Si type. Your choice to top and bottom only of P types points on your P type, as they are more important for you. Among Si types, according to the chaos in your room, only P types fit too.
    Based on this, there is the possibility that your type is SLI or SEI. More for SLI, as personal sympathy to SEI's superego (ILI) and subrevisie (EIE) is lesser possible than disliking for SLI's his mirages (SEE) and the sympathy to revisor (ESE), orderer (LII), conflictor (EIE). Revisors are perceived more as interesting people and orderers as charming ones. Conflictors may be perceived positively at the distance easily, - cute girls in my perception, for example.

> Why do you think i did the thing you thought i did?

There was no the assertion that you've rejected the blind sorting. I've mentioned what should was being done, where I was sure only in that you did not list all the types as was recommended. Though, I supposed the higher possibility that with the rejecting of one important recommendation you could to reject other ones too.

> ILI and ILE are not types traditionally seen as grouped together.

Types with neutral and good IR mb close in your sympathies. It's so for SLI.
    The situation with those types at top is more doubtful for LII as your type.

Your results show significant possibility for my main opinion about your type as SLI.
    To distinguish which one is more possible between LII and SLI try to understand which types are more psychically comfortable for you: ESE or IEE, ESE+EIE or IEE+ILE. I think you are close to the understanding.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol

Thank you for taking the time, i appreciate your willingness to help and educate me very much.

I notice that i am 'activated' by Fe base types - ESE and EIE make me 'come alive' and have the ability to ignite me. Ne dom types, ILE and IEE i more feel familiar with their way of seeing patterns, i can easily follow the threads and i understand the viewpoint, though i can in specific occasions find it needlessly erratic.
    I feel independent in inspiration, creative thinking and following many abstract ideas to various tangents, while i feel at the mercy of people who express good atmosphere and know how to dwell in comfort and good emotions. I do not seek close personal contact or people who ignite inspiration and novel experience very much. I am always to preoccupied with constant interest and thinking hobbies that i never seem to be in a state of equilibrium in mind or body. (not in a bad way, i'm just always in motion thought-wise, circulating interests and synthesizing knowledge from various fields of importance and connecting them to serve my main mental sight in a given moment)

Thank you for the analysis in any case, i will study IR with others even more to spot if SLI is the main possibility, though i feel most learned around Si and Fe Ego from what i have analysed so far. (though i also seem to value when Te does practical things for me, as i am not interested in learning such and i am bad with things regarding hand work, something Socionics relates normally to delta ST, AFAIK)

Is there any significant possibility of me being EII, SEI or ILI?

PS. when watching videos, LII girl 3 seemed to resemble my own way of speech when i am immersed, per my own observation. I get shy around cameras and videos, but this might be my own self-deception.

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Is there any significant possibility of me being EII, SEI or ILI?
    After IR test - no.
    ILE is subrevisie for EII, ILI is superego for SEI, SEE/SLE are good for ILI.

SLI seems fits better than any other type to IR results. As SLI also was supposed by VI, the possibility it's correct is high. Your seen behavior fits to SLI too.
    Pay more attention to IEE girls. They should be your duals, not Fe ones. Revisors and conflictors can be attractive and interesting, you may have surface relations and cooperation with them, but in close friendship or romance you'll feel better having good IR.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After IR test - no.
    ILE is subrevisie for EII, ILI is superego for SEI, SEE/SLE are good for ILI.

SLI seems fits better than any other type to IR results. As SLI also was supposed by VI, the possibility it's correct is high. Your seen behavior fits to SLI too.
    Pay more attention to IEE girls. They should be your duals, not Fe ones. Revisors and conflictors can be attractive and interesting, you may have surface relations and cooperation with them, but in close friendship or romance you'll feel better having good IR.
    I will take note of your judgement. Thank you.

I may relate most to SLI in test and by your opinion of my VI, but i do not relate to any SLI description or Model A structure in any matter i would consider significant. I will continue to speculate in any case.

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i do not relate to any SLI description or Model A structure
    With better theory and yourself understanding you'll may notice that you fit to SLI's descriptions better than to descriptions of other types.
    When you'll start to get regularly good fiting to IR theory of your opinion about own type and about types of people near (typed by you) - then you'll get the reasonable basis to trust in own correct type, to own typing skills and with this in acceptable theory understanding.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With better theory and yourself understanding you'll may notice that you fit to SLI's descriptions better than to descriptions of other types.
    When you'll start to get regularly good fiting to IR theory of your opinion about own type and about types of people near (typed by you) - then you'll get the reasonable basis to trust in own correct type, to own typing skills and with this in acceptable theory understanding.
    I seem to fit LII very well in IR with others, whom i'm fairly certain of type wise. Of course this says nothing if i fundamentally misunderstand the theory, which i am still open to, though i doubt it with regards to the central aspects. It was good to hear your thoughts.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@crAck
    Hm. This could be a factor, of course.

I will say that i did not have these thoughts while researching SLI type, i was also mostly trying to fit the IE's into model A while reading about the functions/elements to find a match. I react well to good atmosphere and creation of stability, i am not interested in the lives of others on an individual level, i have no interest in efficiency if it does not fit my particular scope, i am not observant or skilled in regards to living space, food, etc.

I am outwardly lacking and seem lazy with regards to establishment of relations/involvement socially and i need someone to fill me in on how to relate to problems of a physical nature, how to create equilibrium in body etc.

But in my mind i am categorical, nimble and diligent. I'm not at all someone who ''goes with the flow'' or takes it easy, internally.

The only types i really see as significantly possible, according to Model A, would be LII or ILE now. (which i know isn't all that the theory encapsulates)

Rather, i see qualities in SLI type that i wished i possessed, and i see as very positive.

Though, you and Sol have me pegged as SLI (at least initially), and that's gotta count for something, so i am still very open to the idea, i just can't see enough justification yet. (as in arguments based on how model a shines through my posts, video etc.)
    Last edited by BFGDoomer; 09-09-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I seem to fit LII very well in IR with others
    IR check needs the correct types, and such with my examples have pointed that LII is doubtful for you. As your results have matched good with my opinion gotten by other method independently, this much rises the meaning of SLI version. Also I've pointed you on significant contradictions in your behavior with LII.
    Read Filatova's book and Jung's one, - it's better introduction to the types than random, badly translated and heretic mess on English sites. Being T-S type with the practice step-by-step you'll understand what is correct.
    As our discussion repeats we may finish it. Study the subject some better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a look at the ESI people and the blonde viking guy who does the asmr is freaking hawt.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IR check needs the correct types, and such with my examples have pointed that LII is doubtful for you. As your results have matched good with my opinion gotten by other method independently, this much rises the meaning of SLI version. Also I've pointed you on significant contradictions in your behavior with LII.
    Read Filatova's book and Jung's one, - it's better introduction to the types than random, badly translated and heretic mess on English sites. Being T-S type with the practice step-by-step you'll understand what is correct.
    As our discussion repeats we may finish it. Study the subject some better.
    I can point to contradictions according to SLI behaviour as well, though this is useless if i have only oriented myself in misleading theory.

Filatova descriptions on this site i relate (with my faulty theory according to you, so this means nothing) most to LII. Are the books the only reliable source for me to study?

I will keep researching IR and own processes and thoughts. For now LII seems most likely to me. I will hopefully resolve the different perspectives when i study some more.

unrealistic dreamer turd mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    I took a look at the ESI people and the blonde viking guy who does the asmr is freaking hawt.
    nooooo I clicked on him because I thought he looked hot but then I watched the video and I hated him
    sooo creepy and intense
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nooooo I clicked on him because I thought he looked hot but then I watched the video and I hated him
    sooo creepy and intense
    ya i love it, its cute and adorable. endless entertainment and dynamics. a hint of sadness in there which im guessing is the Fi. grrr. id marry that man. actually one of the hottest men ive ever seen online. Norsemen do it for me.

TIM
    Ti-LII Type 1 sp/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ASMR in general is pretty creepy (and annoying) to me. Can't say I understand the appeal. I am trying to determine your type, stop whispering at me seductively, gosh darn it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    ASMR in general is pretty creepy (and annoying) to me. Can't say I understand the appeal. I am trying to determine your type, stop whispering at me seductively, gosh darn it.
    Had the same reaction. The whispering made it hard for me to feel out the energy i was supposed to relate to.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default the ILEs (from my POV)

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@hag
    typing by teeth is nice

> blonde viking guy
    nooooo I clicked on him because I thought he looked hot but then I watched the video and I hated him. sooo creepy and intense
    you just do not like guys with horns

Quote Originally Posted by Overthinker View Post
    ASMR in general is pretty creepy (and annoying) to me
    use headphones. it seems acts through oveloading. so you need to relax and allow yourself to be annoyed in the correct way

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@hag
    typing by teeth is nice
    here's what I've got going so far.

buck teeth = IEE because of the resemblance with rabbits. why are rabbits and IEEs correlated? fuck you. this is my life.
    primate-like smile showing all teeth = SLE, it's their way of asserting dominance. what? showing teeth is a sign of submission in primates, you say? well, scientists are lousy bitches and them's the facts.
    cavities = Si PoLR. why? because everyone worth their salt in the socionics community knows Si PoLR means bad hygiene. it's just common sense, if you will.
    gold tooth = Flavor Flav, SEE benchmark and type codifier, has gold teeth, therefore, we can reasonably assume gold teeth to be a pattern among SEEs.

To Be Continued.

Mentioned
    684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    why are rabbits and IEEs correlated?
    IEE have suggestive Si and hence need sex very much. Rabbits are known as having sex very often. We may notice the correlation. Also to have sex often they need to charm good - definetely Fi type. Such this works, Watson. *smokes*

> primate-like smile showing all teeth = SLE, it's their way of asserting dominance

the specifics of SLE smiles is the lack of some teeth as they like to fight in the degree rabbits like the sex. meanwhile having problematic Fi they have issues with getting the sex without force what needs the trait of "asserting dominance" just to breed

> cavities = Si PoLR. why? because everyone worth their salt in the socionics community knows Si PoLR means bad hygiene

Si polr leads to that cooked meal regularly overburns or dries up (as eating of bad meal gets the delays). such it becomes solid and hence the teeth wear out quicker

> gold tooth = Flavor Flav, SEE benchmark and type codifier, has gold teeth, therefore, we can reasonably assume gold teeth to be a pattern among SEEs

gold tooth is the clear trait of Se valued types which have aesthetics interests lower than the wish to show they have redundant money. also in the case of Se ego types, which are some predisposed to paranoia, to keep the gold in the mouth is the good way to have the money under the sight to reduce the chance they would be stolen

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789