Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling All Feminists

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Question Calling All Feminists

Hello, feminists. Over the years I have heard a lot of talk about what feminism is not. For example, feminism is not;

• misandry,
    • a front for lesbians to turn straight women gay,
    • lesbians with penis envy,
    • or another way to rebel against your father.

So my question is: What the fuck is feminism? Please provide simple, easy to understand answers that use plain language, because neologisms and SJW buzzwords give me a headache and I tune out instantly. The parlance of feminists, LGBTQ activists, and related movements do not speak to my perspective, or give me a conversational frame of reference. I don't want to consult Wiktionary or Urban Dictionary every five words per paragraph.

Thank you.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Feminists insist that their movement is only concerned with making men and women equal. However, the general public understands "equality" to mean equal opportunities to succeed and impartiality before the law. Women in the West are not being denied the opportunity to succeed. They are certainly not discriminated against legally, in many cases the opposite is true. Therefore, I strongly suspect that feminists have something else in mind when they refer to "equality".

I have noticed that feminists will attack anyone who dares to examine the many biological differences that exist between men and women. Look at what happened to the author of the infamous Google memo recently. He lost his job simply for pointing out that men and women, whites and blacks, whatever groups you choose to compare, have measurably different qualities. Crucially, many of these qualities have a psychological impact and affect our choices and abilities. In other words, a disparity often exists for a reason, and it's not usually the result of one group sadistically oppressing another.

Feminists have turned biological diversity into a moral issue, by refusing to accept that some inequality between people is natural and inevitable. To feminists (and again, the left in general - they are just one arm of it really) it is evil and unjust that some people are more talented/successful/attractive than others. Many of them are so hateful that they want to eradicate sex and race differences by force, just to ensure equal outcomes.

People like this have no respect for individual freedom, and you cannot reason or negotiate with them.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am not a feminist, but in a nutshell: first wave feminism = necessary for women, second wave feminism = good for women, third wave feminism = detrimental for society IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BTW: Feminists absolutely hate being called "Marxists" and especially "Cultural Marxists". However, as both terms accurately describe their ideology, they should be used any time you debate a feminist and she reverts to talking points about oppression, social justice, discrimination or racism.

Blow their cover, and you will remove their credibility as activists.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-28-2017 at 04:04 AM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    No clue, so I'll let a Delta NF answer for you.

Profile of the modern left:

Ideology is Marxist conflict theory applied to gender, race and religion. In summary:

Oppressors (Whites, men, heterosexuals, Christians) sadistically persecute the oppressed (everyone else), who are innocent victims
    All differences in ability, success and life outcomes between people are the result of oppressors' evil actions
    Therefore it is necessary and just to remove all the differences which have given the oppressors an unfair advantage
    Inequality is the highest moral evil, all other crimes are secondary

This worldview seems to appeal the most to:
    Delta Quadra
    SX last
    Enneagram 6w7, esp. counterphobic

And it appeals the least to:
    Beta Quadra
    SX first
    Enneagram 3w4

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Feminism (to me) is when a women is living the life she chooses to live (whatever that may be).

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Feminism (to me) is when a women is living the life she chooses to live (whatever that may be).
    So far, you have my favorite answer.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the universal belief that women should be free from historical, systematic or societal/cultural oppression, which should obviously, span across all cultures, countries and races.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All men should be feminists.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hybris theory View Post
    All men should be feminists.
    A feminist society massively reduces the odds of reproductive success for most men.

As I have already explained why in a recent post, I won't repeat myself. Read this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...46#post1214046

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Feminists insist that their movement is only concerned with making men and women equal. However, the general public understands "equality" to mean equal opportunities to succeed and impartiality before the law. Women in the West are not being denied the opportunity to succeed. They are certainly not discriminated against legally, in many cases the opposite is true. Therefore, I strongly suspect that feminists have something else in mind when they refer to "equality".

I have noticed that feminists will attack anyone who dares to examine the many biological differences that exist between men and women. Look at what happened to the author of the infamous Google memo recently. He lost his job simply for pointing out that men and women, whites and blacks, whatever groups you choose to compare, have measurably different qualities. Crucially, many of these qualities have a psychological impact and affect our choices and abilities. In other words, a disparity often exists for a reason, and it's not usually the result of one group sadistically oppressing another.

Feminists have turned biological diversity into a moral issue, by refusing to accept that some inequality between people is natural and inevitable. To feminists (and again, the left in general - they are just one arm of it really) it is evil and unjust that some people are more talented/successful/attractive than others. Many of them are so hateful that they want to eradicate sex and race differences by force, just to ensure equal outcomes.

People like this have no respect for individual freedom, and you cannot reason or negotiate with them.
    I identify as being a Liberal, so technically I am "on the left", but I don't consider myself to be a feminist, due to the issue(s) you have addressed above amongst others, like those that Cpig has mentioned.

I don't think it is "evil" or "unjust" that there are differences between the genders or people's talents and capabilities; it's natural.

And as you said, women and men have technically equal opportunities in the West. Legally, we are "equal" in that respect. However, we aren't the same when it comes to our abilities and biological drives, for the most part. For instance, the debate on more women being admitted into the army just so that there are more women is stupid to me. Men are stronger and more physically capable than women, on average. Just look at our physical differences; men have stronger upper body strength, etc. If a woman cannot pass the test, she shouldn't be admitted. Lowering the standards of the test just lowers the quality of the entire operation. And this principle applies to anything, especially jobs and professions. If a woman has the capability to be admitted to a certain position, then of course she should have the right to attain that position. If she cannot do so, she has to suck it up.

I am not a fan of the terminology, but I am more or less forced to admit that modern third-wave feminism is technically part of the "Radical Left" nowadays, at least in the West. Considering that men and women are technically "equal" in the West, their position emerges as something radical and ultimately unnecessary. Nations and countries where the women are actually seriously oppressed and could benefit from a healthy dose of feminism are strongly lacking in feminist movements. It seems like in order to be a feminist, you need to be somewhat privileged already. In a truly oppressed country, you'd get thrown in jail, or even worse killed for going against the norms and declaring feminism and women's rights. In the West, women can say whatever they want and get away with it. The tide has turned, and now men have to be very careful about what they say, otherwise they get bombarded with an onslaught of enraged feminist ("queer") women. It's like a woman can do no wrong, and men do everything wrong and have to prove themselves first. I don't think that's fair.

Anyhow, I am only participating in this convo because I am tired of seeing people equate anything Left with Feminism. You can be Liberal and not a Feminist. Though sure, (most modern) Feminists are by definition (Radical) Lefties.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 08-28-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Anyhow, I am only participating in this convo because I am tired of seeing people equate anything Left with Feminism. You can be Liberal and not a Feminist. Though sure, Feminists are by definition (Radical) Lefties.
    Liberalism is philosophically very distinct from Marxism, and it is the latter which we are discussing.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A feminist society massively reduces the odds of reproductive success for most men.

As I have already explained why in a recent post, I won't repeat myself. Read this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...46#post1214046
    Thanks for sparing me all your amount of bs... oh wait, Medusa just provided that!
    lol

go read some books ppz

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thanks for sparing me all your amount of bs... oh wait, Medusa just provided that!
    lol

go read some books ppz
    Which books are you recommending?

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtv book as long as u dnt get informed on wikipedia or youtube (or the16types.com) ^^

recipe books would be a good start

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

wtv book as long as u dnt get informed on wikipedia or youtube (or the16types.com) ^^

recipe books would be a good start
    Seems like you haven't read any "good books" on the subject yourself, otherwise you could recommend me some...

Besides, I have been studying a Humanitarian subject in University, and inevitably was confronted with feminist ideology. I wouldn't say I am very well-informed on the subject, but I am familiar with the general ideology and common terms like "the patriarchy", etc.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol

go read some books ppz
    It is very revealing that you don't even attempt to present a case for your perspective here. Instead, you just purse your lips and say: "Go read some books".

Newsflash, actual experience is a far better teacher than books. I have spent time around "oppressed", "victimized" groups of people in their own countries, and every society they control is quickly driven into the dirt. Do you want your children to live under the same corruption, crime and chaos that plagues the ahem, "developing" world? If not, you need to stop seeing things in terms of right and wrong, and start considering what's best for your own future.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Again I am sorry to make this a typology issue, but I just can't help but notice time after time, it is IEE and EII who make these bleeding heart, self-destructive and utterly thoughtless comments.

They are so self-righteous that they can't see the damage their ideology has already caused. Broken families, and a depressed, anxious, rootless generation. Loss of community and identity. A rise of hedonistic lust, and avoidance of genuine love and intimacy. But it doesn't matter to them how many people lose their jobs, their dignity or their lives - as long as we are more diverse! More tolerant! Free love!!!

I am sick of that smug bullshit, things are worse than ever. It is time to shut down the freak show.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Medusa
    that was really a joke, get a culture, that's what I meant, yeah. Read newspapers, look at the world around you and even a bit further, is it pro women? It is becoming, yes, but without a feminist push we would still be at the point where females were not allowed to join study circles, vote, be allowed inside administrations, etc. That wasn't too long ago, do you think we've achieved it all? Really? How naive. Again, go read some books, recipe books are really enlightening ; )

@Cuivivien
    yes reading is just good you know, you'd avoid repeating some mass stereotype that just show how much of a sheep you are.

You don't realize that as long as women will keep being considered "weaker" or "to protect" or even nearly as close to having achieved men's actual freedom... men too won't be free?
    If we apply a label to a group, it will inevitably put a label to the other part too.
    Equality is really freedom, your hate for feminists is just as blind as you are.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's an overrated shit

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are so self-righteous that they can't see the damage their ideology has already caused. Broken families, and a depressed, anxious, rootless generation. Loss of community and identity. A rise of hedonistic lust, and avoidance of genuine love and intimacy. But it doesn't matter to them how many people lose their jobs, their dignity or their lives - as long as we are more diverse! More tolerant! Free love!!!
    Oh man you're so enlightened look at you, you know it all eh?
    Move to Russia man, they've allowed domestic violence last December, I'm sure all your testosterone and real good old values will have all the masculine freedom you wish.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh man you're so enlightened look at you, you know it all eh?
    Move to Russia man, they've allowed domestic violence last December, I'm sure all your testosterone and real good old values will have all the masculine freedom you wish.
    As a matter of fact, I have just been to Russia last month, and I was moved by the passion, femininity and elegant warmth of Russian women. I would very much like to go back and visit more of the Baltic region.

You are prejudiced and ignorant about the world. Hopefully you will see things in a less morally rigid way once you leave college.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a matter of fact, I have just been to Russia last month, and I was moved by the passion, femininity and elegant warmth of Russian women. I would very much like to go back and visit more of the Baltic region.

You are prejudiced and ignorant about the world. Hopefully you will see things in a less morally rigid way once you leave college.
    lol... so much assuming is not good for health

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-women/534306/

if you happen to read this you'll notice all this daily violence is really tied to a racist mentality too, in a word: ignorance.

This is the reality of the fight, then yeah... there are the pictures of the stereotyped movements given by some internet article.. pft

(oh and the same just goes on in my european developed country)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    Without being groped, cat-called, ridiculed, talked down to, treated like a breeding machine, slut-shamed, pressured to look a certain way, and having to listen to the whining of men who don't realize that the reason they don't get laid is their shitty attitude, not feminists (see this thread). Among other things.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As a matter of fact, I have just been to Russia last month, and I was moved by the passion, femininity and elegant warmth of Russian women.
    And this is what they deal with behind closed doors (and it's what feminists are also fighting against): http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38794677

Do you think men should have the right to beat up their partners?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I propose to make it mandatory for anyone who rails against feminism to offer their definition of feminism first.

@Capitalist Pig I hate to tell you, but I would consider you a feminist. I am so so sorry....
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    So my question is: What the fuck is feminism?
    I think this is a good question. Did you watch Mad Max: Fury Road? (Which is not a movie, it's a magnificent epiphany.) This moment describes the essence and great goal. I want to express a thousand words but it speaks for itself.

This is everything you'll ever need to know.
    & that's it from me now.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I've got a question for those who call themselves feminists:

Do you expect a guy to verbally ask you for your sexual consent?

As in, do you expect a guy to verbally ask you if he can kiss or have sex with you, etc.?

If not, what else do you expect in that context?

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

there are a wide range of answers, obviously, even among feminists, and there are factions that disagree among them. I'd say it's the acknowledgment of and focus on a wide range of issues as they pertain to women, ranging from street harassment to domestic violence to human trafficking, and the prioritization of these issues differs from person to person. the larger cohesive element is the idea that the historical and continuing power structure is unfavorable to and restrictive towards women generally, on a systemized level or a social level, or both, and in different ways globally.

I was going to pm you a longer answer but it would probably be tl;dr and lately I haven't found that expending energy discussing this topic is worth the payoff.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    the larger cohesive element is the idea that the historical and continuing power structure is unfavorable to and restrictive towards women generally, on a systemized level or a social level, or both, and in different ways globally.
    this gives me an opportunity to state my somewhat peculiar objection to feminism - actually the continuing power structure is unfavorable not just towards women but also towards a great majority of men, so the real issue is not about sex but about clan-like violence, mobbing, disrespect towards other humans, and so on...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    @Capitalist Pig I hate to tell you, but I would consider you a feminist. I am so so sorry....
    Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out. But I don't like to associate myself with things I don't understand.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Feminism is just women endlessly complaining and blaming their problems on men.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Without being groped
    Most people consider this to sexual harassment whether they are feminists or not.

cat-called,
    Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.

ridiculed, talked down to,
    This is mostly done by women to each other.

treated like a breeding machine,
    Thanks for sharing your sexual fantasy with us

slut-shamed, pressured to look a certain way,
    Again this is done by women to each other, not by men to women.

and having to listen to the whining of men who don't realize that the reason they don't get laid is their shitty attitude, not feminists (see this thread). Among other things.
    The reason men like me are opposed to feminism is because of the ideology that underpins it. That is all.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most people consider this to sexual harassment whether they are feminists or not.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you.

This is mostly done by women to each other.

Thanks for sharing your sexual fantasy with us

Again this is done by women to each other, not by men to women.

The reason men like me are opposed to feminism is because of the ideology that underpins it. That is all.
    I should have added mansplaining to the list. We are tired of men telling us what it's like to be a woman.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I propose to make it mandatory for anyone who rails against feminism to offer their definition of feminism first.
    I already have: "Conflict theory applied to issues of sex/gender."

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I should have added mansplaining to the list. We are tired of men telling us what it's like to be a woman.
    Do you seriously believe that men "slut-shame", "ridicule" and "talk down" to women more than other women do?!?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you seriously believe that men "slut-shame", "ridicule" and "talk down" to women more than other women do?!?
    I think both do it because our culture still perpetuates the myth that women are to be pure and men can be studs. It's the system that's flawed. Women can be complicit, too. But the system is still inherently patriarchal. It's normal to sexualize women, to reduce them to their bodies and fuckability, and to control their sexuality. Women get brainwashed by it just as much as men do.

Feminism is not anger against men, it's anger against the dynamics that make all of the above seem normal.

Why should a man have to pay for dinner on dates, or make the first call, or buy an expensive ring, or have to feel obligated to be the breadwinner, or have to feel obligated to make the first move, or have to be oh-so-masculine, etc. etc. It's detrimental for men, too.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think both do it because our culture still perpetuates the myth that women are to be pure and men can be studs. It's the system that's flawed. Women can be complicit, too. But the system is still inherently patriarchal. It's normal to sexualize women, to reduce them to their bodies and fuckability, and to control their sexuality. Women get brainwashed by it just as much as men do.

Feminism is not anger against men, it's anger against the dynamics that make all of the above seem normal.

Why should a man have to pay for dinner on dates, or make the first call, or buy an expensive ring, or have to feel obligated to be the breadwinner, or have to feel obligated to make the first move, or have to be oh-so-masculine, etc. etc. It's detrimental for men, too.
    In the post I linked you to earlier, I explained why all successful societies have a double standard with regards to sexual behaviour. In short, eggs are more valuable than sperm, so female sexuality needs to be controlled.

Re the second part of your post, I have some questions:

Do you usually pay for at least half of a date's meals?
    Do you perform social courtesies for men (like opening doors, and giving up seats to them)?
    Do you prefer to initiate sex?
    Would you have sex with a man who earns less money than you?
    Would you have sex with a brash, melodramatic and image-focused man?
    Would you have sex with a man who was periodically depressed and needs emotional support?

Almost none of the women who actually do the things I've listed are Infantiles. They are typically Aggressors, and here's the irony: no female Aggressor I've ever talked to identifies as a feminist.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-29-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast