Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ENTps do you think I'm your identical?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENTps do you think I'm your identical?

Forum ENTps, please state whether or not you believe that I am your identical. If you're not ENTp and have an opinion to share, go do it one of my other type threads. Thanks.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after the last night in the chat I think it should be pretty clear to everyone that I'm indeed an ENTp. and yeah I think you are an ENTp too
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know Joy. Rick says that there's greater diversity between people of the same type than there is between people of different types, overall.

You're more aggressive than I am, but that could be because I'm older and I've learned (for myself) that this doesn't get me the results I want. Entj seemed to fit better for this reason, since it seemed that you do get the results you want when you are more aggressive.

The problem is I really don't see the J in you. You don't move like a J if that makes any sense.

I do see some kind of perceiving process as dominant, and it seems people related sort of like NeFi. But you seem radically different than the enfp's on this board and the ones I know IRL. And the enfp's don't agree that you're enfp, which seems right since you don't strike me as diplomatic. And it's more leading of others than empathy with them.

I'm not sure if the perceiving process is more Se or Ne. You don't have that dreamy quality that Ne's have. You focus more on the dynamics of what goes on at the forum than on theories, possibilities, and connections. And you're quick.

I conclude: Estp. For now. As a lookalike to entp.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, ESFp. She doesn't have an ounce of Ti.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so far one of one ENTp says that I am not her identical and one ESTp that says that I am not his identical.

I'm tempted to get started on the EJ/EP temperament thing, but I'll save it. No, I do not have particularly apparent Ti, but I don't think it's weak. I can utilize it when necessary in order to accomplish things, but it's certainly not my favorite or strongest function. And I most certainly do not value Fe.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't there any other ENTps around here?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    aren't there any other ENTps around here?
    Yeah...

I'm ENTp, though I doubt my type. Regardless of my type, I think I can safely say you are not my identical. Going from what I've seen of your posts, I'd guess ESFp also. You seem to have loads of ze Se. [Edit: what was I smoking?] And you appear Gamma. VI-wise, you also remind me of my cousin, who I recently saw and guessed ESFp for.

But, whatever.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te>Ti
    Perceiver
    *shrugs*
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's not that hard to find your type. you could pick up a book written by an author of a known type and check your response to his/her writings.

it usually works quite well, especially if you're reading philo books.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for that very alpha NT answer :wink:

I have done this, in a way. The guy hasn't been professionally typed, but he's very obviously an ENTj. I don't think that relating to and agreeing with what he's written is a good way of typing oneself though. And his books are not about philosophy, btw. They're about money.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by skulast
    it's not that hard to find your type. you could pick up a book written by an author of a known type and check your response to his/her writings.

it usually works quite well, especially if you're reading philo books.

c.s. lewis always writes in a way that i understand really well...i don't think he's INFp though...INTp maybe?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CS Lewis is almost definitely ILI, IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've begun to perceive that you aren't very interested in knowing what your type is, Joy. I think you just want to know what our external priorities are... but I can't develop my reasoning beyond that point... yet.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what my type is (at least as well as any of us can). I started this thread because I knew that not one ENTp would call me their identical and I wanted to make a point of that. If people are going to have an opinion on my type, I want it to be based on what they observe and not something that's simply assumed. I was hoping that more ENTps would respond.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not forget that you're taking medication. I think the persona that appears without the medication would be your true type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you say that to someone who is schizophrenic? what about someone who is severely depressed and can't even hold down a job because it's too hard to get out of bed? what about an alcoholic whose BAC never drops lower than .08?

those who have known me would say that I'm still Joy, only more functional
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I'm saying. It's likely the drugs have distorted your homeostatic type.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's likely my brain issues have even more

minimizing them makes my type more clear
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's likely my brain issues have even more

minimizing them makes my type more clear
    I disagree. Your brain issues are just as much a part of you as anything. If anything, they might even be useful in determining your natural type.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck off

don't tell me that laying on the couch crying for hours six nights a week is who I am, and don't tell me that the things I've done that I don't even remember doing (much less the reason why) are indicative of my type
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a person under the influence of a detriment or a person under the influence of a supplement? in this case one cannot discern which is the person. in my opinion it would be faulty to view either as the person. only the totality of all that it is is what it is.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    a person under the influence of a detriment or a person under the influence of a supplement? in this case one cannot discern which is the person. in my opinion it would be faulty to view either as the person. only the totality of all that it is is what it is.
    So we're not able to truly determine someone's REAL type until we've observed them under the influence of every single mind altering chemical? Why are we picking and choosing? Why is it "your" personality when you're on wellbutrin, but you'd deny to shit anything someone tried to say about your type because of something you did while tripping on acid? And don't say it restores a chemical imbalance; everyone has different levels of every kind of neurotransmitter. You can't just say that some kinds of deviations allow for a "normal" personality, while others don't.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is quite simple gilligan, people don't exist.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gilligan, when a person's brain chemistry is imbalanced, drugs that make it balanced, or at least more balanced, are not creating an "altered state of consciousness"

diana, I know what you mean. every now and then I feel "me"... it's like I'm totally alert. it happens for a total of couple weeks out of the year. I feel closer to "me" now than I have in a long time.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Everyone: Psychotropic medication influences people's mood (i.e.; level of depression and anxiety) NOT their personality, which is much more enduring and resistant to change.

In DSM IV terminology:

Axis I Disorders are mood disorders, psychotic disorders, substance abuse disorders (generally speaking of course)

Axis II Disorders are personality disorders and developmental disorders

Axis III are health related conditions

Axis IV are stressors

Axis V functioning on a 100 point scale approx. People who function well are generally 70 or above.

Many people with personality problems have self-defeating behaviors which result in an Axis I disorder i.e.; "nothing will go my way therefore i am depressed"; But not all people with Axis I disorders have personality problems (axis II) driving the Axis I disorder. Make sense?

Having said that, one cluster of Axis I disorders that do tend to influence personality (and other Axis I disorders) quite a bit are substance abuse abuse disorders. It is very difficult to make a reliable determination about the quality and presence of anxiety/depression/psychosis/personality problems when there is ongoing substance abuse. The substance abuse tends to mask, minic, and/or exacerbate axis I disorders and personality disorders.

SO the best way for a substance abuser to get a good picture of their mental health is to abstain from alcohol/other drug use.

Mental Health 101. I teach a course about this.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    @Everyone: Psychotropic medication influences people's mood (i.e.; level of depression and anxiety) NOT their personality, which is much more enduring and resistant to change.
    give it 10,000 years

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give it 10,000 years
    u r funny.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, yeah if everybody keeps taking meds it's bound to integrate into evolution!

ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck off

don't tell me that laying on the couch crying for hours six nights a week is who I am, and don't tell me that the things I've done that I don't even remember doing (much less the reason why) are indicative of my type
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ashton. I think problems or how you choose to deal with your problems is telling of your personality. [not including those who are insane and lack any sort of self-awareness] I think some types are more prone to dwelling in their problems until they become deep enough to cause disruptions on a chemical level and I think there are those who are more vigilant about not letting themselves fall deeper into problems. Certain types would be more likely to rely on outside help from medication/therapy and then there are types more hesitant to rely on anything outside of themselves, etc.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what about people who are suicidal? or bipolar? that is NOT their personality.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, yeah if everybody keeps taking meds it's bound to integrate into evolution!
    i was referring to the personality is much more resistant to change bit. people think in tiny time scales. look at how much a person changes from 20 to 80. imagine they had more then 100x as much time. the human life span is so small that you do not see the change were the trend to continue in the other 99% of this hypothetical 10,000 year life the resultant would be so divergent from the original you could hardly call them the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Hate to break it to you, but if those are things you have done on a regular basis, then that is who you are.
    no. that is who the person has been.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton
    Hate to break it to you, but if those are things you have done on a regular basis, then that is who you are.
    no. that is who the person has been.
    <3
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have a weird but entertaining (to myself at least) dynamic

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah... sorta like we're super ego partners or something? We're not in the same quadra and I don't think we're conflictors.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Super-egos mutually inhibit one another. I find you provoking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast