Thread: Member Questionnaire (spaceynyc)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (spaceynyc)

The Extended Questionnaire v0.2

Tell me about yourself.

I'm a 26 year old male

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

Im a configuration technician for a GPS technology company. I've always been interested in computers and tech ever since I was 5 years old and it has always been my goal to work in that field. I like that it's just me and the computer and no customers and people to deal with, I don't like that my boss checks up on me and suggests ways for me to do my job "faster" when I already know how to do it the best way possible.

What are your values, and why?
    hmm.. can't say I'm very conscious of my values, it's more of a thing where when my values are crossed that's the only time im aware of a value that I have. I know I can't stand people that cheat in relationships, that's always been a big one for me. I believe in being a good person to make the world a better place and not making anyone lives any harder than it has to be. I believe that life is hard because we all make it harder for each other unnecessarily.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I don't do much on a daily basis. I watch a lot of YouTube. I read A LOT about MBTI and Socionics because I never feel like I quite know enough even though I probably do. I go to work come home, watch tv and then go to sleep. I'm not an active person. I also like to spend time with my girlfriend a few days of the week. I play video games occasionally. I watch YouTube a lot because it gets me out of my mind, which is incredibly difficult otherwise.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I'm not a very family oriented person. I have a decent relationship with my mom (ESFJ). I'm very helpful to her and whenever she asks for me to do something (which is all the time) I do it because I feel like I should help, but not because I want to. What I like about her is that she is always looking out for people and can sometimes be sweet. What I don't like about her is that she is very whiny and needy, and I find that part of her irritating. I have a very close relationship with my sister (ENFP)We click very well. We "get" each other and even have a similar outlook on life. I think she has a great sense of humor and she is a nice and unselfish person. Thing she I dislike about her is that her energy is overwhelming at times and she can be too random for my taste.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    I'm not someone who seeks friendship so I am not sure what I look for in a friend. I'm the type of person that I rather be alone or with my girlfriend and that's about it. Friends are too much of a burden to me and they expect to much at times. In relationships I look for someone who is loyal and doesn't play mind games. What I like about my girlfriend is that she is very kind and she genuinely loves me and I can see that.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

How would your friends describe you?
    A hermit. Quieter than most. Intelligent. The nice guy. Weird.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People see me as being very intelligent and free of conflict. What I like about myself is that I am smart in a social sense. I can see underlying dynamics in relationships and in people themselves. I also like that I have great foresight into situations in life. I like that I am very independent and rarely ever ask for favors.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Im not very social, and not very ambitious. I lack energy.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I need help with living in the moment and appreciating reality without conceptualizing, analyzing or studying everything I observe in depth. just enjoying life for what it is. Also need help with making healthy life choices such as eating right and exercising. Everything else I can manage.
    What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I find cleaning, dieting and exercising to be a chore. I enjoy pondering about human behavior

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

My goal is to be financially independent, get married to my girlfriend and move in with her. I want to live on my own and just be control of my own life. Don't want to depend on anyone.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Travel and do fun things all the time like bowling, shopping, arcades, make music, indoor skydiving. Just go out and experience life's to the fullest without a worry.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

I really don't pay attention to my environment like that. It depends, on rare occasions I like to clean up, but never in a detailed fashion. I hate chores. I don't like doing things on schedules. I just rather take out the garbage when it looks like it needs to be, not on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Same with dishes or anything like that. When it's scheduled it makes me dread it.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I stay to myself and internally observe character traits of people just because I find that interesting. Always polite and friendly to people if they engage with me first though.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    I censor a lot of what I say to avoid conflict. I never initiate conflict with people so if someone initiates conflict with me it angers me because I do my best to not bother anyone. I think deep down I have a black out rage inside so I do the most to keep myself calm or act like im not bothered. I don't think I've ever been attacked but if someone attacked me I'm pretty sure I'd spaz out. I don't like taking shit from people because I know I don't give shit to anyone so I feel I don't deserve it.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

What did you do last Friday?
    I have no idea. I have terrible memory.

If you are doing a video you can stop here or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.
    If you are answering in writing, please answer ALL questions.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I don't keep track of my accomplishments. I always look forward, always looking to improve instead.

What is something you regret?
    I regret failing out of college. I had a great opportunity and went to an amazing school out of state and at the time I didn't appreciate it for what it was and I took it for granted. I let my depression get the best of me. Other than that I tend to not to regret much because 1. Things that I regret I tend to forget because I don't put much stock in past experience and 2. I believe everything happens for a reason and bad experiences are learning lessons for the future.

Who do you admire, and why?

i tend not to admire or idolize people because I see everyone as on the same plane field in life. Everyone has admirable traits and not so admirable traits. I admire traits that people possess, not the people themselves. I admire people who know how to live in the moment and take action without over reflecting like I do.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

my health has been worrying and concerning me lately. I don't have any ailments or diseases, but I'm always concerned that I can get something or have something at anytime because life's is unpredictable and you don't know when your time is up. Because I am overweight I fear that something will happen to me because I didn't watch what I ate or didn't exercise enough. I keep hearing stories about other people suddenly falling to ill health and it concerns me about myself.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    I believe that there is a God. I believe there is one because there are too many coincidences and signs in life for everything to happen at random.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    I have no political beliefs and am not interested at politics at all.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    I like a work environment that is not uptight and tense. I like it to be casual but also not boring because it makes the day go slow.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    Math because it wasn't graded subjectively and I like problem solving.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    i take my personal responsibility very seriously. I don't expect others to follow responsibilities so I tend to not delegate any to others because people are kind of unpredictable and unreliable. I don't mind being responsible for others so much thought because I view myself as reliable.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    cant remember how I was as a kid. I know that I liked to play a lot of video games and used the computer a lot. I remember always being looked as very intelligent as a kid and was always in advanced classes.

What was your high school experience like?
    stayed to myself a lot. didn't really have many friends.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    Im sure I've had significant events in the general sense of the term but I don't personally hold events as significant to me. I view life as one long string not different colored, different sized strings so it's hard for me to answer this question.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

Ive never been a kid person because their high level of energy drains me quickly. They can be awfully cute at times though. I like quiet kids because I have to figure them out.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

My concern is to make sure he isn't naive to situations and that he/she takes into account future implications before making decisions, whether good or bad.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I usually feel stuck in a rut when I feel insecure about a situation or I feel the world is against me. A lot of my rut in life has been due to heartbreak and relationships failing and lack of relationships. I tend to lose hope for the future and over drink or fall into drug use to numb everything.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    People giving me suggestions in situations where it's not needed or I didn't ask for them. People telling me how to live my life. People telling me what to do.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    I don't know.
    What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    The purpose of life is to be enlightened, wise and to seek spiritual peace. I find peacefulness meaningful in life.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    When I am in good shape body wise I definitely pay attention to my fashion. I like expensive and name brand clothing. I like slim fitting pants and expernsive sneakers and shirts. Now of days being out of shape I pay very little attention to my appearance because I'm not satisfied with the way I look no matter how good I dress.

Do you like surprises?
    Good surprises yes but I don't feel like I encounter many surprises because I am always catching onto something before it happens so things rarely ever surprise me. Plus I feel like a lot of new events are just same events dressed up differently.
    Is there anything else important about you that we should know?[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

im getting some se but moreso si seeking from u. Maybe LII? otherwise ILI?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly more LII than ILI, as I see Fi Role > Fi HA and some Fe Seeking (but also Se Seeking). I think that you should study Socionics and decide by yourself, because the difference here is very subtle.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI or LII, you don't seem like one over the other really. Do you prefer any profiles over others? Read a lot more, and try to determine what you are.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    ILI or LII, you don't seem like one over the other really. Do you prefer any profiles over others? Read a lot more, and try to determine what you are.

in MBTI I identify with INFJ because of the Ni and Fe. I'm almost certain prefer Fe over Fi. I also believe I prefer Fe over Ti. I'm more driven by social graces than pure logic. I believe I relate to all perception functions to a degree so thats why I'm having a hard time figuring out my type. There are moments when I utitlize Se/Si and Ne/Ni. it's hard for me to be certain which I prefer the most although I have a strong suspicion it's Ni but I cant explain how.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in my answers I came off as pretty devoid of emotion functions but I don't think I have as much of a grasp on my logic function than I do my feeling function. I'm very introverted but I've never had a real problem with social situations. highly doubt i'm inferior Fe.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@spaceynyc: Socionics and MBTI are two completely different systems. As a consequence, you can be INTj (LII) in Socionics and INFJ in MBTI at the same time. Again, I recommend you to study Socionics, focusing especially on how it's different from MBTI. You seem like an INTx (not only) to me, for what it's worth. It's up to you though.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@spaceynyc

Ni lead

the IEI guess doesn't seem bad at all