TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII and Schizoid Personality Disorder

Hi everyone.

Recently, I've been researching about Personality Disorders. It was astonishing to see how well the description of the Schizoid Personality Disorder fits me. I can very much relate to SPD and its aspects.

Looking for correlation to Socionics (and MBTI), I noticed that SPD is most commonly found in LII (roughly, MBTI INTP) and, to a lesser extent, to ILI (MBTI INTJ).

Now I'm wondering: how does SPD influence LII's Model A? Can his/her Fe Suggestive suffer this particular influence? Because, since SPD is also about rejecting any emotional contact from people and always keeping at a distance, it almost feels like Fe Suggesive is "suffocated" by this fear/problem and not able to show up so frequently.

I'm asking this because a LII with SPD can easily mistype as ILI (Fe PoLR) when he's actually a Fe Suggestive but just doesn't know how to handle it.

Any ideas?
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. LII isn't INTP and ILI isn't INTJ, even if people tend to think of LIIs and INTPs as the biggest dweeb types no one wants to be, and ILI and INTJ as Awesome -Dom Gods or something. MBTI makes so little sense you can legitimately test as entirely different things in socionics and MBTI. In fact, I'd just recommend not to use MBTI since it's just dumb stereotypes.

2. Correlation is not causation.

3. Mistypes happen for lots of reasons, and that sounds like a likely one. A more likely one is everyone thinking ILIs are bosses rather than basement dwellers (although occasionally you can make a lot of money or do other useful things from your basement) and LIIs are Data from Star Trek rather than Robespierre, mastermind of the French Revolution. Disorders like SPD would cloud types, but they wouldn't actually change them according to any socionist out there.

Also, just learn to handle it, because life is better with all the .

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Hi everyone.

Recently, I've been researching about Personality Disorders. It was astonishing to see how well the description of the Schizoid Personality Disorder fits me. I can very much relate to SPD and its aspects.

Looking for correlation to Socionics (and MBTI), I noticed that SPD is most commonly found in LII (roughly, MBTI INTP) and, to a lesser extent, to ILI (MBTI INTJ).

Now I'm wondering: how does SPD influence LII's Model A? Can his/her Fe Suggestive suffer this particular influence? Because, since SPD is also about rejecting any emotional contact from people and always keeping at a distance, it almost feels like Fe Suggesive is "suffocated" by this fear/problem and not able to show up so frequently.

I'm asking this because a LII with SPD can easily mistype as ILI (Fe PoLR) when he's actually a Fe Suggestive but just doesn't know how to handle it.

Any ideas?
    Meh seems like youre just shy and socially inexperienced, not actually schizoid lol. If you were, your parents wouldve noticed something to be wrong with you, fundamentally, but this is probabky not the case. I was also like that, eventually you get tired of being alone and start practising being social more. It gets better with age and experience

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Hi everyone.

Any ideas?
    I don't know what you mean by the "Fe Suggestive being suffocated by this fear/problem and not able to show up so frequently". Do you mean you'd like to be in contact with people but you are afraid of stuff and avoid them due to that? If so, maybe check out Avoidant PD instead of Schizoid PD. Or just social anxiety. SPD supposedly genuinely has no desire to connect with people.

I've never seen an LII that was actually SPD, where are your stats from?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SPD is an 'uncommon' condition causing individuals to consistently shy away from interaction with others. I've known a few individuals (different types) who did this due to traumatic histories. Now LIIs can have limited ranges of emotional expression but they certainly don't lack emotion. Some may be seen as loners but they're usually not dismissive of others. Some may be socially awkward but they usually do have a desire to form personal relationships. Because one doesn't tend to show emotion doesn't mean that one doesn't care about others or what's going on. There has been a few attempts on this site to assign a type to a psychological disorder; it usually leads to nowhere.......

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To be diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder you need to fulfil certain criteria.

PDs should be reserved for individuals who can not cope with others properly (and fulfills the criteria).

I have read about someone with Schizoid PD. It was like she couldn't handle being around with people. If she did that she would get unexplainable mental stress.
    I think that was case for true disorder.

If person is just a loner and happy with it – godspeed. Everyone is (/should be) happy (unless you are a stalker for that person when the actual disorder is in you). IMHO.

Noteworthy:
    Enneagram has 9 types 3 categories and there are 9 PDs classified under 3 clusters.

e1 OCPD
    e2 HPD
    e3 NPD
    e4 masochistic (not incl.)
    e5 AvPD, SzPD, StPD (=mix of previous two)
    e6 PPD
    e7 haltlose (not incl.)
    e8 sadistic (not incl.)
    e9 DPD

BPD, depressed (not incl.), passive-aggressive (not incl.)?

In other words don't become e5
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-15-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is a subtle difference between LII and INTP with regards to Fe. The MBTI INTP is very adverse to Fe(and Fi) and avoids it like the plague, similar to the Fe polr in ILI, although not exactly, which makes them not likely to want to share a positive emotional atmosphere like LII in the alpha quadrant. There are also discrepancies of conscientiousness, where LII may actually be the more appropriate socionics type for an INTJ and ILI for an INTP, although the P and the J make things even less clear. Looking at the type descriptions alone, the J gives the appearance of a conscientious individual, and P unconscientious, in both systems. Conscientiousness is a distinct personality trait, and in MBTI is lacking in the INTP descriptions and present in the INTJ ones. In socionics, it seems that the LII is perceived as the more conscientious type, although some type descriptions have ILI being conscientious in some regards. All of this makes it difficult to make 1:1 conversions between the two. Both typologies are looking at personality at slightly different angles with some different definitions, although there is considerable overlap.

SPD is a personality disorder that is not derived from MBTI and Socionics, but from professional assessments of what is thought to be a normal range of personality dimensions. Introversion is the only Jung derived dimension used in clinical settings. Since the typology questionnaires test for dichotomy preferences, not cognitive function preferences, it would seem that those that test very strongly T would be adverse to emotional interaction with other people and may be at risk for a personality disorder.

Some that type INT may be more likely to have a personality disorder like SPD if those dichotomic preferences are strong; it can prevent a healthy development of relations. Most of the healthy personalities defined by professional psychologist would likely have a healthy ratio of T/F and N/S when they took a Socionics or an MBTI test. Only if the preferences were strong, and there were significant relationships impairments that prevented life satisfaction would I be concerned. Life satisfaction makes all the difference here. If your traits are significantly affecting other people, I would also be concerned. Otherwise, I wouldn't go by SPD and align them with typology. For one INTP and LII don't necessarily correlate because the systems that defines them are looking at the individual slightly differently. Two, SPD and Jungian typology are looking at personality differently, so it is difficult to associate a type with a personality disorder.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Skepsis; 08-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for replying. I see how the two things may not correlate.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Noteworthy:
    Enneagram has 9 types 3 categories and there are 9 PDs classified under 3 clusters.

e1 OCPD
    e2 HPD
    e3 NPD
    e4 masochistic (not incl.)
    e5 AvPD, SzPD, StPD (=mix of previous two)
    e6 PPD
    e7 haltlose (not incl.)
    e8 sadistic (not incl.)
    e9 DPD

BPD, depressed (not incl.), passive-aggressive (not incl.)?

In other words don't become e5
    There are 10 PDs in the 3 clusters. So it's not neat enough Anyway, I'd like to also add that StPD isn't simply a mix of AvPD and SzPD. That's really a bad simplification. Oh and, ASPD can be put for E8 if we must correlate all the PDs with enneagram.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    There are 10 PDs in the 3 clusters. So it's not neat enough Anyway, I'd like to also add that StPD isn't simply a mix of AvPD and SzPD. That's really a bad simplification. Oh and, ASPD can be put for E8 if we must correlate all the PDs with enneagram.
    Yes. It is kind of bad simplification. Anyways I have seen representations where schizotypal is combination of avoidant and schizoid pattern. It puzzles me somewhat.

It depends which system you are going to use: DSM or ICD. Antisocial PD is very tricky. It can be lots of things. NPD is not in both.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Yes. It is kind of bad simplification. Anyways I have seen representations where schizotypal is combination of avoidant and schizoid pattern. It puzzles me somewhat.

It depends which system you are going to use: DSM or ICD. Antisocial PD is very tricky. It can be lots of things. NPD is not in both.
    Yeah ICD leaves out StPD (well, reclassifies it). ASPD has issues yeah tho' some other PDs are also less delineated than I'd like them to be.