TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Hail!

This will be my first post here...

Where to begin. I am a typology enthusiast who has been enamored by the Enneagram, and now I'm just starting to get my teeth into Socionics. I find the theory surrounding intertype relations particularly interesting, because I feel it may help me select a suitable mate. Anyway, to continue - I have just visited Russia and the wonderful experiences I had there have brought Socionics back into my mind. So why not join a forum? I have been lurking here for a while now, because I appreciate the desire to classify social phenomena in an objective way. Why are you are the way you are? That is the question. If you want some personal details, I am 24, white, male, an amateur composer and singer, political delegate and a part-time barman. I love classical, film and rock music, fine ales, cute sassy women, theatrics, intensity and WINNING!

For those who are interested, my chosen moniker comes from Tolkien's Silmarillion. It refers to the birthplace of the Firstborn, who awoke before the sun or the moon and spent their childhood roaming under the stars.

Talk soon!

P.S. See if you can guess my type correctly. I will watch the comments.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome abode!! socionics is really interesting as well. Got fed up with mbti and enneagram! Let's learn here

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Welcome abode!! socionics is really interesting as well. Got fed up with mbti and enneagram! Let's learn here
    Yeah I don't understand Socionics very well, but I feel like it has a lot of potential to explain why we're attracted to certain types of people, over and over again. I say often that I do believe we all have a "type" who turns us on - some of us just don't consciously realise it yet. Hopefully I can learn more about the theory during my time here and start to apply it in real life situations.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Yeah I don't understand Socionics very well, but I feel like it has a lot of potential to explain why we're attracted to certain types of people, over and over again. I say often that I do believe we all have a "type" who turns us on - some of us just don't consciously realise it yet. Hopefully I can learn more about the theory during my time here and start to apply it in real life situations.
    Here's an interesting link for a start:

https://falconnl.github.io/TypeSquare/

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome Cuivienen!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your type is EIE-2Ni 3w4 sx/so [sic]. Did you know that's in your TIM under your avatar?