Thread: Because it turns out I am bad at typing.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Because it turns out I am bad at typing.

I shall list some people of which I am clueless about. I do know I have enough information to go on, so we'll see. To not bias people, and to not break confidentiality as much, I will not specify who these people are, including gender. If oh can find out what relation I am to them without knowing who I am personally, then you help me prove Sherlock Holmes's deduction skills isn't just fiction. Actually, it probably isn't that hard for some of them. Each new person will start in a new paragraph. Alternatively, this can be an exercise to see how I perceive other people.

There is a person of which I am close to who tends to be on the spiritual side, nothing wrong with that. That person also tends to complain, and then reinforce the fact that that person doesn't feel sorry for themselves. That person tends to try to push me. That person is fairly active. This person is also very smart, and incredibly good with finances. Given the amount of bad events this person has been dealt, they are quite cynical. This is their reasoning, not mine. Their childhood was supposedly very cheerful, but there were several traumatic events that occured. This person once told me to not bother going to the school Security over me not losing my car keys due to cynicism. We got into a very stupid argument, where that person justified not going to the authorities with their cynicism. This person also has a bad temper that flairs up. Then this person gets apologetic. I might be making this person to be quite not nice, but this person means well. This person is a good person at heart, and would never do anything inherently bad to anyone. These are my words. I would trust this person with my life, and also my life savings. Oh yeah, while this person has a circle of friends, I don't know if they are very popular. Probably because of the cynical outlook on other people. I don't know the number, but I do know it is limited, even though I am absolutely certain that they can make more easily by putting effort into the people this that enjoy this person's company. It may be that this person doesn't enjoy certain other people's company, I don't know. They tend to not go out with them, which leaves them with me. I try to help, but I am unsure of whether they enjoy my help. It is probably bad help, as I don't know any better.

There is a person who is very hard working, but unfortunately not very intelligent. These are the person's own words. This person claims to be not good at math. I have tried helping this person, but this person has not improved much. This person did improve, but to what extent, I do not know. Ironically, this person is a computer coder, who is doing some pretty good work in the Unity engine. I guess that math skills don't correlate to computer skills. This person does use the internet as help a lot though, and for anything math related another person helps him. This person DMs for our DnD. I showed him a socionics test, but he said it is garbage. He prefers MBTI. This person had trouble discerning between certain things, which in hindsight, I did as well. This person did not finish the test. This person enjoys games as I do, but I feel we do not enjoy them in the same way. This person tends to play through each one one at a time, saying this person doesn't want to start a new game. I tend towards playing whatever game I feel like playing, often playing a game once and not playing it again for years, only to decide on a whim that I want to play it. I've done this many times with the game Star Wars: Rebellion, going so far as to buy it a second time because I lost the disc. I doubt this person would do that. I doubt this person would even consider doing that. I owe this person ten dollars for something this person bought me, and I said I will repay him with a game of equal amount. As such, I got money to repay him with, and offered to get him any game for 10 dollars, and he declined, saying he doesn't have enough time for a new game at the moment. This is weird, because my conception of video games is an investment. You don't have to play them when you get them. As long as you have them, you can play them latter. I like this person, but something is off putting with this person, and I don't know what it is.

So, there is a person who gets angry a lot over certain things. I've found he tends to focus on things that are really just semantics. He isn't an idiot, and is likely smarter than I am, but he tends to break logic sometimes and then accuse me of breaking logic. It does get to me sometimes. I am always willing to argue, but when I bring up my side of the argument, he tends to tell me to stop talking in one way or another. He can be flippant to his superiors and as expected is not in favor with them. I have an ambivalent relationship with this person. This person has a lot of talent, but this person seems to be one to waste it. This person likes drawing, for example, but doesn't do it half as much as this person should. Another thing, this person is very good with computers, perhaps better than I am. This person got me into anime, and showed me a bunch of different things. Our tastes differ though. I don't know how to describe the difference in taste. In theory, we like the same things, but in practice, it is more that I like what this person likes, I show this person what I like that this person has not seen, and this person says they didn't like it. We can be quite distant, at times, even hostile, although I feel no ill will toward this person. This person does not like the responsibility of dogs, and stays clear away from anything related to my dogs. I've considered the fact that this, coupled with other things might be show that he tries to avoid any and all responsibility. There are other reasons as well. This is pure theory though. I don't know enough to say anything more.

So so that is it. I might do more, but I'll start a new thread when I do. I'd put my guesses in spoilers at the bottom, but I have no clue, so there is no point. Also, I can't find the spoiler button. I'm not going to bother. Also, that would tempt people. I do have guesses though. If someone asks, I'll post them, and not provide any justification.

Finally, I am well aware that I might be biased, and that this is a representation of my perception of certain people. I don't know everything about these people. As such, my perceptions may be worthless to trying to type someone, which knowledge of would actually help me a lot.

As always, thank you for reading and responding. Wew, my phone died, but it saved the text. Thank you internet.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 08-10-2017 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Fixed errors. There are likely many more.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm it's difficult to type them with these brief descriptions, I have a feeling of IEI from the first, most because of the cynical group you put him in, that seems Beta, but I've never seen a IEI get so petty over their own ideas, a EII would tend to do that more, along with the outbursts. But he could even be a logical and Extrovert, maybe an SLE. (...lol)

Second person moves my heart, maybe a SLI? or some more extrovert type? What's the type least interested in Socionics anyway? That would be good to discover, perhaps someone who favors Se and has little intuition, I think Te can be a bit blinding too, if not supported with Fi. What does this mean? Idk. This guy could be everything.

Last guy it's interesting because I've met someone like that on internet and I can't stop arguing with this person and I just think she's stupid and just follows what the mainstream does accept, if she likes it. Very disturbing for me. She's not quite as genial, she considers herself an MBTI INTJ/INTP though, but I think she's a SEE.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. That supports my theory that I don't look at people for indicators of type.

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, and the few people I tried to type myself in real life revealed not to be what I made of them... it's a funny approach on here instead because it's perhaps more objective, if the subject is honest. But I think that in descriptions, as well as in typing, you should focus on the overall behaviors, what is a person usually up to? why? how does he do that? how does he relate with others? from these descriptions it was hard to tell if they were introvert or not, while that's one of the easiest classifications perhaps, if you notice the subject interacts with the environment more or not.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Typing other people on the net is all a bit of fun - until they start objecting to the suggestions you've raised. It is easy to be accused of attacking somebody's personal identity, so I feel it's very important to know when to back off. No matter how sure of your choice you may be, unsolicited typings can cause a lot of bad blood on these forums.

For example, I never type other people in the Enneagram system (even if asked to do so), because it's simply too difficult to assess what it measures online. While Socionics may seem easier, you are still forced to make a very big assumption in your typings - that people are projecting an accurate image of themselves to you. The "why" is not usually as obvious as it appears.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Typing other people on the net is all a bit of fun - until they start objecting to the suggestions you've raised. It is easy to be accused of attacking somebody's personal identity, so I feel it's very important to know when to back off. No matter how sure of your choice you may be, unsolicited typings can cause a lot of bad blood on these forums.

For example, I never type other people in the Enneagram system (even if asked to do so), because it's simply too difficult to assess what it measures online. While Socionics may seem easier, you are still forced to make a very big assumption in your typings - that people are projecting an accurate image of themselves to you. The "why" is not usually as obvious as it appears.
    Yeah. I see your point. It is a point I have considered before, and thus withheld this information I had for quite a while. I've decided that I would try to find out, and therefore took action to make this post. To be honest, I don't understand the point of this statement. I guess you could be agreeing with me that typing is hard, but I don't know.

I do agree that there is a chance of them not presenting themselves accurately to me, but the only person I can consider not doing that is the second one. The first and third I know extremely well.

I guess the the main issue is that most of my thoughts rely on circumstance, which the system doesn't define very well. I guess I could formalize it better if I answered a prebuilt survey.

Wow, the spelling errors in this post. That is what you get for posting on mobile. I'll clean it up.