Thread: How is ignoring Fe expressed for EIIs/INFjs

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How is ignoring Fe expressed for EIIs/INFjs

Do EIIs tend to use Fe when they are in a close group of friends? How is Fe expressed in EIIs? I find that u tend to be very emotionally expressive when I'm around people I'm comfortable with, idk if that's really concentrated Fi or Fe. Anyhow, I'm curious about how 3D Fe is portrayed in EIIs?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs have a good access to their Fe, they just don't value it and therefore choose to rather behave based on theri Fi.
    EIIs are aware of social norms, they know how to behave in a company, they're generally polite and they like to avoid uncessary conflicts. They also have a strong empathy and can fit into other people's shoes. But ther Fi values deep long lasting relationships more than shallow and short social contacts that come and go. They will try to avoid such contacts in favour of their true friends and their close ones. They don't feel the need to fit themselves into a group atmosphere all that much, their own feelings towards people and objects are more important for them then the emotional enviroment around them.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I can see EIIs using Te in a limited way but not Fe when in a group. Don't EIIs tend to look for the logic when interacting in real time with the environment and people? When they zone out into their own minds, they'll then try to relate everything but they've normally ceased to interact at that point.

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sometimes they ridicule by dramatizing something briefly.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I can see EIIs using Te in a limited way but not Fe when in a group. Don't EIIs tend to look for the logic when interacting in real time with the environment and people? When they zone out into their own minds, they'll then try to relate everything but they've normally ceased to interact at that point.

a.k.a. I/O
    Don't you think Te seeking is different from its use? They do seek it in other people , but I don't think they readily use it when they're interacting with other people. Si maybe, Te not really.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    EIIs have a good access to their Fe, they just don't value it and therefore choose to rather behave based on theri Fi.
    EIIs are aware of social norms, they know how to behave in a company, they're generally polite and they like to avoid uncessary conflicts. They also have a strong empathy and can fit into other people's shoes. But ther Fi values deep long lasting relationships more than shallow and short social contacts that come and go. They will try to avoid such contacts in favour of their true friends and their close ones. They don't feel the need to fit themselves into a group atmosphere all that much, their own feelings towards people and objects are more important for them then the emotional enviroment around them.

So they don't use Fe when they're in a group of people?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    So they don't use Fe when they're in a group of people?
    Well they do adhare to social norms and are good at empathizing as I said in my post. That's one way of how Fe can be. But generally they choose to use Fi instead of Fe, because it seems more natural to them. Fe seems to be too dramatic, impersonal and shallow to Fi, they don't particulary enjoy it, even though they are aware of it in social situations and they can use it, if they think it's needed. Being emotionally open in front of your friends or people you know well isn't really a sign of Fe. Fe doesn't care about closeness in a relationship as much as Fi does. If you differ your behavior based on how close you feel to someone it's more Fi.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't you think Te seeking is different from its use? They do seek it in other people , but I don't think they readily use it when they're interacting with other people. Si maybe, Te not really.
    When they're under stress or uncomfortable, their inner-duals will emerge. If not, they turn on their Ne for awhile then rationalize (from a metaphorical distance and in a sort of mental isolation) the information that was gathered then give an opinion; I don't consider normal mode for Ij-types as actively engaging others from a process point of view (as do Ejs and Ips) although it may appear like that to outsiders.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I get the impression Fe makes EII feel molested. They'd much much rather receive Te.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

When they're under stress or uncomfortable, their inner-duals will emerge. If not, they turn on their Ne for awhile then rationalize (from a metaphorical distance and in a sort of mental isolation) the information that was gathered then give an opinion; I don't consider normal mode for Ij-types as actively engaging others from a process point of view (as do Ejs and Ips) although it may appear like that to outsiders.
    I'm actively responsive when engaged by others. That's not actively engaging others in the way you meant it tho', is it? I definitely see that latter mode as requiring some extra, "weird" burst of energy use though I can do it for short times. It doesn't feel bad at all actually, just not my default and I prefer not keeping it up for long.

As for OP: I find EII-Fi decently expressive on close distance (e.g. my sister). It however doesn't directly convey the same kind of energy as Fe egos seem to. Maybe a bit too self-focused in direction.
    Last edited by Myst; 08-04-2017 at 12:09 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If by emotionally expressive you mean that they are polite, warm, can act goofy and seem not serious, then yes. They are still nonsophisticated with Fe though and use goofyness/infantilness as some sort of shield from group atmosphere. They are clearly bad and unappreciative of Fe from my pov -it's like it makes them uncomfortable and even more awkward.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bnd View Post
    I get the impression Fe makes EII feel molested. They'd much much rather receive Te.
    I wouldn't say that Fe molests or they "much rather receive Te." For the latter, I would prefer a phrasing like "they subconsciously recognize Te and the benefits of that aspect of the cognitive process". In fact when stressed, they likely use a pseudo LSE processes. However, like all other process aspects, Te doesn't always contribute to the production of things that would be welcomed by someone.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technical Q for the experts: is Fe (ignoring function), for leading Fi egos, scoring low in tests, as a general rule? In general, is the ignoring function among the least developed? We know the demonstrative usually takes among the highest scores, but it will stay as an unconscious function that we can't really maneuver as the opposed creative one.
    Is this a good way to determine one's type, when checking the functions results for tests?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I'm actively responsive when engaged by others. That's not actively engaging others in the way you meant it tho', is it? I definitely see that latter mode as requiring some extra, "weird" burst of energy use though I can do it for short times. It doesn't feel bad at all actually, just not my default and I prefer not keeping it up for long.

As for OP: I find EII-Fi decently expressive on close distance (e.g. my sister). It however doesn't directly convey the same kind of energy as Fe egos seem to. Maybe a bit too self-focused in direction.
    Actively responsive doesn't mean that your processes need to be actively engaged with the environment or others in order to be fully functional. Ijs and Eps operate remotely, metaphorically speaking; their processes, by their very structure, have to objectify everything and everybody, unless they're under stress. They don't do well up close where they can't see.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hybris theory View Post
    Technical Q for the experts: is Fe (ignoring function), for leading Fi egos, scoring low in tests, as a general rule? In general, is the ignoring function among the least developed? We know the demonstrative usually takes among the highest scores, but it will stay as an unconscious function that we can't really maneuver as the opposed creative one.
    Is this a good way to determine one's type, when checking the functions results for tests?
    Not a good way. Stick with determining Ego first, preferably Base function.

To answer the other question, no, Ignoring isn't badly developed in general.

Actively responsive doesn't mean that your processes need to be actively engaged with the environment or others in order to be fully functional. Ijs and Eps operate remotely, metaphorically speaking; their processes, by their very structure, have to objectify everything and everybody, unless they're under stress. They don't do well up close where they can't see.....
    Lol ok. I don't know what definitions you use for "objectify" and for "operating remotely" in this context.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to determine the base function sometime, I'm wondering how can we determine the type if instead we know what we lack. It's a neti neti approach, working by exclusion, couldn't it work to create some clarity? What are the other "in the normal range" functions that would oppose the strong leading ones? I know I lack Se if I'm a base Ni, I can't be Ni even if it's the strongest, if I have strong Se too though. The weaker confirms the strongest basically. But it's the overall disposition to determine the type.. if you can determine it.
    There's a general distribution of forces for the 3 blocks below ego, that follows a predisposed strength order. Base (strong) creative (strong), usually demonstrative should be strong too. Milder for role, still strong. Polr, HA and suggestive are weak, what about ignoring? The name doesn't suggest much strength.
    Last edited by ooo; 08-04-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol ok. I don't know what definitions you use for "objectify" and for "operating remotely" in this context.
    Objectify: to cause to have objective (independent) reality.
    Operating remotely: operating from an independent perspective.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that u tend to be very emotionally expressive when I'm around people I'm comfortable with, idk if that's really concentrated Fi or Fe.
    I think this is both. You genuinely feel joyful around these people, from your heart (due to close psychological distance that Fi feels), so you express it and make them feel happy too (Fe). Fe is not emotional expression by itself, it's the ability to get others to feel what you want them to feel. This might involve being emotionally expressive, but I think emotional expression is just one tool of Fe, not Fe itself (Fe egos, correct me if I'm wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    This is mostly spot-on, but I just want to be picky about the last line. Perhaps this is not all EIIs, but as an EII with a social-first instinctual stacking, I do "feel the need" to fit into a group atmosphere. It's just, no matter how much I wish I could just fit into it, I can't fake close psychological distances that aren't there (one of the clearest characterizations of Fi is the instinctive perception of psychological distance between a pair of people, whether that pair includes oneself or not), so I might look like I'm willfully being detached from the group, especially to an Fe ego.

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    If by emotionally expressive you mean that they are polite, warm, can act goofy and seem not serious, then yes. They are still nonsophisticated with Fe though and use goofyness/infantilness as some sort of shield from group atmosphere. They are clearly bad and unappreciative of Fe from my pov -it's like it makes them uncomfortable and even more awkward.
    Yeah... I def agree this is how EIIs can come across. Our Fi makes us a bit resistant to being affected by others' Fe, and our Se polr makes us hesitant to impact others with our own Fe. Personally, I appreciate Fe but definitely prefer Fi.

Sometimes you just need an SEI to hold you and tell you everything will be all right. The main way an Fi ego makes others feel better is through listening, trying to understand their feelings, and empathizing, and there are times when this is the best approach, but there are also times when the best approach is just to say some positive bald-faced lies/empty statements with energetic conviction. EIIs can say these things too, but it's a lot harder for us. We (or at least this is the case for me) often falter because we subconsciously think that others are as good at detecting insincerity as we are, so we're not sure that we can come across as sincere if we don't 100% believe what we're saying. Then it's a self-fulfilling prophecy--our hesitance makes our Fe less believable and thus less impactful.

Fe definitely makes less intimate settings easier. Like in my improv class of 13 people, the EIE is really easygoing and comfortable for everyone to interact with, kind of a unifying force. I really appreciate how easy she is to talk to and how inclusive she is. Since I joined the class a bit late, an EII also made a concerted effort to include me at first, but I don't think he can quite talk to all 12 other people like she can.

But I find it hard to get close to people in such lighthearted atmospheres, which are pleasant and appropriate, but not... scary enough to be deep? I think it's nice when people are close enough to make fun of each other and stuff, or it's fine when people make fun of each other as a method to get close--it just doesn't feel like full friendship to me until the people involved reveal a truth about themselves that is kind of scary to admit. Which just isn't appropriate in most group situations. But if I develop such bonds with people one-on-one, and then these people are in a group together, then I'm comfortable with actively promoting a fun atmosphere, like you alluded to in your OP, @Shaebette.

This is a pretty good description of how each IE manifests in each type.

I guess the summary of my post is: EIIs are good at Fe (raising a group's emotional atmosphere), but only after Fi is satisfied (feeling close to each member of the group, so that Fe expressions are fully believable). This can make EIIs look stand-offish/bad at Fe to people/types that don't get close to them.

Probably one of the clearest stories about me valuing Fi over Fe is on the last night of college, my friend group (about 10-15 people) got together in our dorm courtyard, and since it was such a milestone point in our lives, I was excited to talk about things like how we've changed over the past 4 years, our hopes and dreams for the future, the lessons from failures that we'll take with us after we graduate. But this one girl--whose type I'm not sure of, and with whom I was the least close--hijacked the night into talking about random shallow things like TV, and I basically had nothing to say for the whole time. I was really upset about this because it was our last night together as a group, and I wanted one last true bonding moment, one last moment of looking into each other's eyes, feeling nervous to say a truth that makes one seem imperfect, but then seeing the acceptance in each other's eyes, finding out others have had the same experience, and ultimately feeling closer to everyone and more comfortable with one's place in the world.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow @Economist thank you so much...you've made so much sense. I do think Se PolR hinders our use of Fe a lot, and sometimes i really want to hype the group I'm in but then start getting all types of insecurities because of my weak Se, or because I haven't really bonded with one or two people in the group so I'll end up being quiet when I really want the opposite.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm unsure of how Fe works clearly so this thread is very educational, thank you. I often can't tell if I'm Fe ignoring or Fe creative.

I think how it works in me, from experience, is that I tend to act fairly equal with everyone; strangers and friends alike I am polite with and can be warm and friendly from the off, though I am more shy and tend to respond to others initiatives I do act smiley and giggly with people, though with a lot of nervous energy. I've only learnt this since I left school and worked, that I can get on well with a range of people and come across as accommodating and charming, even if I am quiet and retreating. Obviously with people I'm closer with the more I tend to share my insights and feelings, and can become more playful and I guess cheeky. I suppose this is what we all do to some extent but I can really have a laugh and get 'deep' with strangers if I feel that they're open to engaging and if they're taking the initiative
    Last edited by justalitnerdxx; 08-05-2017 at 02:53 PM.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Economist that's rough :/ I understand too how it feels to fade out in groups settings, usually cause one person dominates and makes everything shallow and just 'who can be the loudest and most FUN???!' A competition I can never win sadly. I am sorry you had that group experience. It does tend to be common in this day and age anyways; people want instant gratification and recognition :/

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    @Economist that's rough :/ I understand too how it feels to fade out in groups settings, usually cause one person dominates and makes everything shallow and just 'who can be the loudest and most FUN???!' A competition I can never win sadly. I am sorry you had that group experience. It does tend to be common in this day and age anyways; people want instant gratification and recognition :/
    Yeah, it was a bummer because while I expect to be in the background of most groups, that particular group was not one that I usually would be in the background of, except when that one girl was around.

But some people appreciate us! We have our place in the world.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rightly said; we just need to find the right people in life to share our inner treasures with

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    I guess the summary of my post is: EIIs are good at Fe (raising a group's emotional atmosphere), but only after Fi is satisfied (feeling close to each member of the group, so that Fe expressions are fully believable). This can make EIIs look stand-offish/bad at Fe to people/types that don't get close to them.
    This is my Fe DS pov but I have never seen an EII really raising a group's emotional atmosphere, not even the atmosphere for one on one. They can look pretty expressive sure, but it's not directed to affecting the atmosphere. It's just things like smiling, laughing, that everyone can do.

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    I'm unsure of how Fe works clearly so this thread is very educational, thank you. I often can't tell if I'm Fe ignoring or Fe creative.

I think how it works in me, from experience, is that I tend to act fairly equal with everyone; strangers and friends alike I am polite with and can be warm and friendly from the off, though I am more shy and tend to respond to others initiatives I do act smiley and giggly with people, though with a lot of nervous energy. I've only learnt this since I left school and worked, that I can get on well with a range of people and come across as accommodating and charming, even if I am quiet and retreating. Obviously with people I'm closer with the more I tend to share my insights and feelings, and can become more playful and I guess cheeky. I suppose this is what we all do to some extent but I can really have a laugh and get 'deep' with strangers if I feel that they're open to engaging and if they're taking the initiative
    This doesn't say much about whether you are Fe ignoring or Fe creative. None of it is specific enough, but maybe show yourself on video (sorry if you already posted one).

EDIT: actually the part where you say you are polite with friends and strangers alike... that makes it lean towards Fi very strongly. Fe creative is a bit more free than just polite.
    Last edited by Myst; 08-08-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah EII almost never tends to use Fe directly in my experience its almost always some form of Ne. I do think its possible but perhaps it only stands out in a lowkey atmosphere. In a group of betas even a "Fi satisfied" EII is probably a whisper at a rock concert. Unless they're like intoxicated or something. I imagine watching EII go nuts would be really entertaining. A lot of it probably has to do with being neither Fe nor Se valuing, if they were one or the other it would probably manifest more clearly. Maybe when they choose to have sex or something they turn up the volume a little, just thinking about it is kind of funny, them being all super quiet. but maybe they do the weird ASMR voice. ugh shudder

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. I think my sister feels uncomfortable in an Fe heavy atmosphere (sometimes even with her own family) and most comfortable among those who are very similar to her and more lowkey. When we would go out together my friends often found her a downer because she would get a "headache" after a couple of drinks and want to go home and didn't just keep it to herself. She would eventually have someone leave to take her home when they obviously didn't want to leave. I just wondered why she bothered to go at all since she knew it would always end the same. Maybe a few times when she was tipsy she went full blown Fe which made me cringe. :/

I believe what I notice most in my sister when she is in a group is she uses her Ne>Fe but in a way it is to compensate for the unvalued Fe and still make some kind of contribution. My sister is a very polite, kind, loving person but if you offend her ethics she does not hide it, in the way some Fe valuers might play it off and then knife you for it later, usually playfully, unless more serious. I guess it is hard to explain but she does look awkward using her Fe.

Edit WTF is Bert eavesdropping on my thoughts.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you copied me

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Introverts take longer to word things.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some EIIs value "social" SO instinct which superficially looks as if they are employing Fe in social situations.

Much of what is written about SO instinct, such as adapting to others in conversation and behavior, striving to be socially connected, being aware of social issues and social power dynamics, is also attributed to Fe and Beta quadra. Such EIIs are likely to give off the stereotyped Fe/Beta vibes. As for the actual Fe, my experience has been that they completely ignore it and that the name "Ignoring" is quite apt for the info aspect that gets displaced by the leading one.

SO Instinct ref.

~ ability to adapt behavior
    ~ beginning place of altruism (as animals became more complex, the young needing longer care, a need arose for an instinct that could override sp to ensure the survival of one's children even if one's own life goes)
    ~ soc is subjectively experienced as caring ("giving a damn")
    ~ play (for fun) (or flirting in case of romantic play)
    ~ acceptance, interested in who others really are
    ~ soc decides what we say "yes" vs. "no" to socially, it's how we read situations and people and decide where to invest
    ~ soc brings a certain humility because of the sense of interdependence. less overestimating the relative importance of one individual self
    ~ most communication is soc (except for territorial (sp) and mating (sx))
    ~ awareness of the other (compare with sx awareness of the energy between two people, soc brings awareness of the other as themselves, as a person in their own right) and of how one's self and the other are affecting each other
    ~ cited a study in which the biggest factor for longevity was friendship
    ~ bonds between species (e.g. humans and pets) are examples of soc instinct
    ~ one way of looking at all the major spiritual teachings are as an expansion of the soc instinct; ultimately, including all life within the soc instinct's movement toward win-win
    ~ under ego distortion, the soc instinct is involved in war, group dominance - though those are soc in combination with sp (survival/greed) and/or sx (competition). straight-up/undistorted soc instinct is always win-win.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    Some EIIs value "social" SO instinct which superficially looks as if they are employing Fe in social situations.

Much of what is written about SO instinct, such as adapting to others in conversation and behavior, striving to be socially connected, being aware of social issues and social power dynamics, is also attributed to Fe and Beta quadra. Such EIIs are likely to give off the stereotyped Fe/Beta vibes. As for the actual Fe, my experience has been that they completely ignore it and that the name "Ignoring" is quite apt for the info aspect that gets displaced by the leading one.
    Important to note. Someone on this forum insisted I was IEI for a while because my social-first instinctual stacking gives me traits/engenders behaviors that are correlated with Fe but do not define it.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    Important to note. Someone on this forum insisted I was IEI for a while because my social-first instinctual stacking gives me traits/engenders behaviors that are correlated with Fe but do not define it.
    I've noticed this and had a hunch that the whole lot of Delta re-typing debates had to do with the "Social" instinct traits that were highlighted and presented as Fe-valuing.

As sx/sp I have been typed as Fi lead as well as Fi-valuing several times, since stating personal likes and dislikes, attractions and repulsions, which is how the sx instinct operates, gets streotyped as Fi in socionics.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got a hunch people use enneagram as a cruch to rationalize being whatever type they want to be

if Im a huge pathetic manbaby I could either be a failed LSE 9 whose big balls never materialized, or a zen master 8 LIE, hmm--makes you wonder, are all the sages around here all over Naranjo and Jung and Augusta, or are they just charlatans? to think this place has so much collective wisdom is astounding, no wonder people flock to this place with so much truth in action

I guess when you look back on your life and have already conceded its too late to fix anything its easier to just define yourself into whatever you wish you were. I mean, it totally misses the point of enneagram and socionics, but this is so much easier! people start so young these days but its understandable, they had great examples

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I've noticed this and had a hunch that the whole lot of Delta re-typing debates had to do with the "Social" instinct traits that were highlighted and presented as Fe-valuing.

As sx/sp I have been typed as Fi lead as well as Fi-valuing several times, since stating personal likes and dislikes, attractions and repulsions, which is how the sx instinct operates, gets streotyped as Fi in socionics.
    This is why it's important to consider different typology systems in a more interconnected manner.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I got a hunch people use enneagram as a cruch to rationalize being whatever type they want to be

if Im a huge pathetic manbaby I could either be a failed LSE 9 whose big balls never materialized, or a zen master 8 LIE, hmm--makes you wonder, are all the sages around here all over Naranjo and Jung and Augusta, or are they just charlatans? to think this place has so much collective wisdom is astounding, no wonder people flock to this place with so much truth in action

I guess when you look back on your life and have already conceded its too late to fix anything its easier to just define yourself into whatever you wish you were. I mean, it totally misses the point of enneagram and socionics, but this is so much easier!
    It is never too late. You're no less deserving of self-realization and happiness at 60 than you were at 20.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

totez

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrows View Post
    And enneagram matters. I'm Fe leading but also a 4w3. I have more of an Fi edge due to the E4. I feel like I can connect more to my background Fi due to my enneagram type.
    I have seen Fi types that are E2s and E3s and they seem like Fe types.

I know of a male EII that is a 2w1 and you would swear up and down he some kind of Fe ego.
    Pretty sure I'd see that male EII 2w1 as Fi ego, not Fe.

Anyway.. yeah enneagram matters, I do know EIE-Fe that's 4w3, I wouldn't say she has a Fi edge, she's still got ignoring Fi very much, she's just kind of "withdrawn" seeming a bit more than some other EIEs.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah EII almost never tends to use Fe directly in my experience its almost always some form of Ne. I do think its possible but perhaps it only stands out in a lowkey atmosphere. In a group of betas even a "Fi satisfied" EII is probably a whisper at a rock concert. Unless they're like intoxicated or something. I imagine watching EII go nuts would be really entertaining. A lot of it probably has to do with being neither Fe nor Se valuing, if they were one or the other it would probably manifest more clearly. Maybe when they choose to have sex or something they turn up the volume a little, just thinking about it is kind of funny, them being all super quiet. but maybe they do the weird ASMR voice. ugh shudder
    *whispers in the corner of a rock concert, sitting down and clutching a tub of nachos carefully* I'm having so much fun, really *ducks out of the way of the groupies flailing arms and the loud fist pumping going on* woo..*small fist pump*

lol, I've never gone nuts actually. Worst I have ever gotten was at a Halloween party, only four of us staying in a creepy converted church house. I had a bit of soda and chocolate and got hyper, that I curled up in a chair giggling manically and getting my friends to rub my head.

Or the time I was on holiday and had a one big cocktail so made up silly songs about the bartender 'shaking his thing with my elder brother.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm really expressive around people I'm close to. I'm usually told to stop being so damn noisy. An LSI friend made a funny observation the other day, he told me I'm not a chatty person, but I'm argumentative (expressive was the word he used but he meant it along the lines of I'll always react to what someone is saying to either make them defend what they were saying, or to argue against it and end up making everyone join in the discussion). Whenever he, my IEE boyfriend, my ESTp friend and I hang out (we're all weirdly best friends- a pack of mirrors,conflictors and superegos lol), we make so much noise and his neighbours have told him I'm the noisiest So I think EIIs might loosen up around really close friends. We also drink together and end up playing cards the whole night or some shit, and they've told me severally I'm the only girl they can actually do all that with.
    Do not be fooled though, I get conflictor and superego vibes from the LSI and SLE, especially when it comes to household duties and femininity. I don't cook, so my IEE boyfriend (who's a really good cook) does that and they just can't keep their mouths shut about how 'uncultural' it is etc. It doesn't annoy me though, we end up laughing about it or I tell them to fuck off. My boyfriend gets a little bothered by it though because they directly attack him. It's our little ecosystem though, and idk how we do it but we just do. We've gone through a lot of drama together,I'm actually the ESTp's confidante. He tells me everything and comes to me for advice. I do the same and he helps oht a lot with Se stuff, like electrical fixing. The LSI and I also bond a lot and he often says that he "finds himself telling me things". My IEE boyfriend gets jealous sometimes though haha, then i have to leave them to play their video games or leave with him.Oops I rambled through the whole paragraph
    Um.. My point was, EIIs perk up when they're around people they're close to. Enneatypes play a lot into this though, I think my 3 wing does? I'm not so sure.
    Last edited by Shytan; 08-10-2017 at 12:59 AM.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479