Thread: Gamma derail

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    People will say and do things that you find offensive, all the time. However most of these things are not intended to hurt you. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

You expect everyone to share your values and attack them if they don't. Pick your battles.

Why do you get to decide what hurts people and what doesn't? How often do you get asked to show your tits (or have them grabbed by strangers or have senior colleagues offer you sex for a promotion or have random guys grab your ass or have guys try to kiss you after you said no or have people stare at your chest when talking to you)? There comes a point when it stops being funny.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Why do you get to decide what hurts people and what doesn't?
    I don't and neither do you. That is my point, actually.

How often do you get asked to show your tits (or have them grabbed by strangers or have senior colleagues offer you sex for a promotion or have random guys grab your ass or have guys try to kiss you after you said no or have people stare at your chest when talking to you)? There comes a point when it stops being funny.
    Well I don't have any tits to show, so why would anyone ask me? I do have other assets though, haha.

Honestly, think about all the advantages this attention can give you. You could easily use sex appeal to further your career and influence. Female privilege.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Haha, I think realistically the men i work with would be really uncomfortable and find it unprofessional if I flopped my cleavage over their desks. I don't think it really works that way irl most of the time...
    I did consciously use femininity with ONE guy because he was a conservative troglodyte who talked down to me and batting my eyelashes was the only way I could get him to listen, so I wouldn't really call it a privilege bcuz it was a workaround the disadvantage I had as a young woman in his eyes.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some privilege to have some drunk guy who knows I am in a relationship tell everyone we are a thing (never were) and keep insisting I sleep with him. It ended up fucking with my career because I couldn't work in that field anymore (because he is the ultimate authority there).

And is it really so difficult to understand that being groped by gross people sucks?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Haha, I think realistically the men i work with would be really uncomfortable and find it unprofessional if I flopped my cleavage over their desks. I don't think it really works that way irl most of the time...
    This hints at an unanticipated consequence of feminism for women.

As the workforce becomes more and more female, seduction will become less and less effective as a tactic for women. Whereas young, attractive men will be able to use sex appeal to their benefit in much the way you are describing. Supply vs demand.

I did consciously use femininity with ONE guy because he was a conservative troglodyte who talked down to me and batting my eyelashes was the only way I could get him to listen, so I wouldn't really call it a privilege bcuz it was a workaround the disadvantage I had as a young woman in his eyes.
    Whether you consider this to be an advantage or disadvantage simply depends on your point of view.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hi, @Number 9 large.
    My original intention in the chat conversation, which you can still read in the chat archive, was to jokingly let Delilah know that just quietly pining for a guy doesn’t always work, and she might have to make some move to let him know that she has some interest in him.

My suggestion of showing her tits to him (not to me, for Christ’s sake) was metaphoric, and only someone totally lacking in a sense of humor would think otherwise. She could have taken it to mean that she just lean toward him, because, quite frankly, this works for most men and preserves the woman’s dignity, or she could have just laughed, which is what I was hoping for.

She chose to interpret my suggestion for getting the guy’s attention in the worst possible way. This is certainly her right, so when she complained, I sent her an apology in PM. This was not enough for her, evidently, so I publicly apologized.

I actually don’t think my suggestion was out of line in the context in which it was meant – some people can take a joke, some can’t, and on-line discussions contain huge potentials for misunderstandings - , but it upset her, and upsetting her was never my intention. So I said I was sorry and I resolved never to speak to her again in this way.

I’ve pretty much stayed quiet about this since my apology, since there isn’t much more I can do. Now, lungs might prefer that I set myself on fire and film it, but I’m not going to do that.

I have found the comments following my apology to be pretty interesting.

With regard to lungs, I understand why she jumped in to pour gasoline on the fire. But @Kim? Do you really think I disrespect all women? Do you think I disrespect you? Really, some of your own posts about your dates gone wrong look worse than what I said. I simply think they are hilarious. I don’t assume you hate all men just because you describe some guys in less than glowing terms.

But @Number 9 large, I agree with you. I don’t get women by being a little bitch to them. I do try to avoid hurting their feelings, though, and I certainly don’t try to put them down or insult them intentionally. I don’t like to bite people back, because I’m actually pretty good at it, and it hurts them, and since intentionally hurting people goes against my religion, I typically say nothing when I get attacked. Vengeance is not constructive.

In the larger scheme of things, I said something to Delilah which I hoped would be constructive but which offended her and when she protested, I apologized, because she deserves to be treated with respect.

I’d do the same if she were a guy, Kim.

Everyone’s tolerance for a joke is different, and once I find out what that level is, I respect their boundaries and move on.
    I don't think the joke was out of line either. I read the stuff, and actually thought it was quite funny. Dont know why these idiots get so upset over it. Probably are mad that its a 50yo dude hitting on them and not some young guy

Anyway @lungs
    I always get mad about every dirty joke from every single person bcuz I'm a dried up old maid. Everybody knows that. Especially @Hitta.
    Yeah, seems kinda true. at least u got some self-insight, now u can try to do something about it

I dislike him for different reasons.
    Yeah and no one cares. Youve said this 10000 times already. Or do we need to call Bertrand back to tell everyone for the 10001th time that you dont like adam? God get a fucking grip.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some privilege to have some drunk guy who knows I am in a relationship tell everyone we are a thing (never were) and keep insisting I sleep with him. It ended up fucking with my career because I couldn't work in that field anymore (because he is the ultimate authority there).

And is it really so difficult to understand that being groped by gross people sucks?
    wtf does this have to do with anything?
    are you calling @Adam Strange gross????

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don't even know if it was because of you being a woman. Youre just assuming that, because youre insecure about your gender.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Relax, stop trying so hard to be edgy, it makes you boring. One trick pony.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    lol Sol, the way you misinterpret things is almost amusing. Lungs was saying that Adam was interfering and trying to break up her relationship with another guy.
    The guy who lungs doesn't like is Adam, not the one she was in a relationship with.
    Her text could be interpreted in such way, while the context above I did not checked. So there is also a problem of correct description. Thanks for the clearing this "Santa Barbara". Autumn is the romantic season to break and make relations.

Anyway, as the situation I've described is common, so anyone have gotten my valuable opinion.
    And Lungs may try my recommendations in case she'll want to follow Adam's efforts.

Lungs may to be also LSI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Whereas young, attractive men will be able to use sex appeal to their benefit in much the way you are describing.
    Men stay attractive for young (< 30) women up to ~50. You just need a little of physical training, money and natural charm.
    While most women loose their attractiveness quickly after 30 years, as it becomes harder for them to born healthy children and hence the nature lesser bothers to support their appearance. The main solution for them is to get hormone meds, but they rise risks of a cancer.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Men stay attractive for young (< 30) women up to ~50. You just need a little of physical training, money and natural charm.
    While most women loose their attractiveness quickly after 30 years, as it becomes harder for them to born healthy children and hence the nature lesser bothers to support their appearance. The main solution for them is to get hormone meds, but they rise risks of a cancer.
    This has been my experience, too. I've found that women in their thirties are still attracted to guys up until those guys are 50, but after that, the guys are basically dead. Being dead is preceded for a couple of years by becoming invisible. (This has already happened to me with respect to women in their twenties and is beginning to happen with women in their early and mid thirties.) Fortunately, women in their 40's and fifties still find these guys attractive, although at this point, the women themselves are typically struggling with personal choice issues. Their doors to opportunities are closing fast, and this can result in some strange effects in them, and almost always includes a significant drop in their happiness.

My advice, from seeing a few women, is not to have hormone treatments. Some women don't respond well to these. Instead, get enough sleep, reduce your stress, exercise regularly and watch your weight, don't smoke unless you like the leather look, and stop drinking after one glass of red wine. You can hide the effects of heavy drinking when young. Not so much when you get older.

I've been looking at pictures of women on Match.com recently, and I've been impressed by how easy it is to see a person's life in their face. So, make the best of your life.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    wtf does this have to do with anything?
    are you calling @Adam Strange gross????
    It has everything to do with men treating women like they are sexual objects only. "Show your tits" is included there and yes, that's gross.

But I don't expect you to understand this, so I will let you continue to tell me how to deal with stuff you yourself never experience.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This has been my experience, too. I've found that women in their thirties are still attracted to guys up until those guys are 50, but after that, the guys are basically dead. Being dead is preceded for a couple of years by becoming invisible. (This has already happened to me with respect to women in their twenties and is beginning to happen with women in their early and mid thirties.) Fortunately, women in their 40's and fifties still find these guys attractive, although at this point, the women themselves are typically struggling with personal choice issues. Their doors to opportunities are closing fast, and this can result in some strange effects in them, and almost always includes a significant drop in their happiness.

My advice, from seeing a few women, is not to have hormone treatments. Some women don't respond well to these. Instead, get enough sleep, reduce your stress, exercise regularly and watch your weight, don't smoke unless you like the leather look, and stop drinking after one glass of red wine. You can hide the effects of heavy drinking when young. Not so much when you get older.

I've been looking at pictures of women on Match.com recently, and I've been impressed by how easy it is to see a person's life in their face. So, make the best of your life.
    You really are so utterly tone deaf, Adam. I don't say this to attack you, it's just baffling....
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gammas are full of dramatic bitches

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It is not like Adam was on the street and shouting at some random chick "Show me your tits!".
    In that case, sure, that would be obnoxious and depending on how serious it got, horrible.

He was making a joke, in the context of showing a guy you are already interested in your boobs as a sure-fire way to show your interest in him.

It was an exaggeration. Jokes are exaggerations.

Context matters a lot...

When you extrapolate one remark in a certain context unto a bunch of other contexts that are not even present in the conversation or situation, that is technically your own personal issue.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You really are so utterly tone deaf, Adam. I don't say this to attack you, it's just baffling....
    He has a point. I don't even say hello to a man unless he looks like this:

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    It is not like Adam was on the street and shouting at some random chick "Show me your tits!".
    In that case, sure, that would be obnoxious and depending on how serious it got, horrible.

He was making a joke, in the context of showing a guy you are already interested in your boobs as a sure-fire way to show your interest in him.

Context matters a lot...

When you extrapolate one remark in a certain context unto a bunch of other contexts that are not even present in the conversation or situation, that is technically your own personal issue.
    Context matters and the "joke" was not perceived as funny by the woman at whom it was directed and other women who were there.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He has a point. I don't even say hello to a man unless he looks like this:

Well I hope you at least make sure you don't smoke and drink and party and get enough sleep so you deserve a man like that. I would hate for you to be single at 40 because you neglected your womanly duty to be sexually attractive.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Context matters and the "joke" was not perceived as funny by the woman at whom it was directed and other women who were there.
    I was there too, and while I noticed the joke was risqué, I did not think it was a direct "assault" of any kind, so... What is the problem again? Not liking a joke?

But sure, everyone has different kinds of humour.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It has everything to do with men treating women like they are sexual objects only. "Show your tits" is included there and yes, that's gross.
    Where did adam imply that he thought delilah was a sexual object only? He never implied it.
    You'll never get along with men if you're always projecting your own insecurities onto them.

But I don't expect you to understand this, so I will let you continue to tell me how to deal with stuff you yourself never experience.
    Yeah ive never experienced getting hit on. Because guys never get hit on, right?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Where did adam imply that he thought delilah was a sexual object only? He never implied it.
    You'll never get along with men if you're always projecting your own insecurities onto them.

Yeah ive never experienced getting hit on. Because guys never get hit on, right?
    You are just being willfully thick.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was there too, and while I noticed the joke was risqué, I did not think it was a direct "assault" of any kind, so... What is the problem again? Not liking a joke?

But sure, everyone has different kinds of humour.
    I never claimed it was an assault, but it's just part of a greater issue.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I hope you at least make sure you don't smoke and drink and party and get enough sleep so you deserve a man like that. I would hate for you to be single at 40 because you neglected your womanly duty to be sexually attractive.

Speaking of tone deaf,
    Did it occur to you that you might want to do this for yourself? So you can get out of a chair when you're seventy?

Half the people over 40 are single, so they'd better be pleasing themselves. No one else is around.*

*I know this from bitter experience. Bitter for an sx/so.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-25-2017 at 02:46 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My advice, from seeing a few women, is not to have hormone treatments. Some women don't respond well to these.
    Hormone treatments...? They take estrogen pills, or what?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Did it occur to you that you might want to do this for yourself?
    #savage

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

#savage
    The problem is, everyone sees things the way they expect to see them, regardless of how they actually are, or were meant.

If your world is a place where liberals are running wild over traditional values, then everything you see will exist in that threatening context, and you'll have to defend every statement, every ending. If it is a world where the sun is shining and life is good, then you might not see the evil that exists.

This forum should be promoting better understanding of that through better communications.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Speaking of tone deaf,
    Did it occur to you that you might want to do this for yourself? So you can get out of a chair when you're seventy?

Half the people over 40 are single, so they'd better be pleasing themselves. No one else is around.*

*I know this from bitter experience. Bitter for an sx/so.
    Did it ever occur to you that the normal range for hemoglobin is 13.5 to 17.5 grams per deciliter in men? Goalposts? What the fuck are goalposts? Maybe you'll think about this next time you get a blood test.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Context matters a lot...

Lol this is what the issue is about? It's an obvious joke, not a personal attack or anything close to it. Sorry, but this sensitivity is getting absurd.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It also seems that if someone else would say such a joke (Hitta, Bain,...), many people wouldn't be offended because they like said person. That's the weird hipocrisy with Fi egos...sometimes it's a cool joke, other times you get a moral outrage. Very confusing and loaded personalized ethical rules of interaction.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I initially thought Adam asked Delilah to show him her tits, but then it turned out to be a joke Adam made about Delilah showing her tits to some guy she liked after I checked out the shoutbox archive.

Anyways, here is a link showing what transpired and people can draw their own conclusions based on this to get the correct perspective to avoid confusion. The comment was made at 1:02 pm:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...0&orderby=DESC
    Last edited by Raver; 09-25-2017 at 11:38 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    There must be something in the air that's making people feel extra triggered latley. It's happening irl too.

You mean political psyops?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Once again, you speak my mind. I've always wondered if Adam would get the same outraged reactions if he were much younger.

Fwiw, if I were talking about a guy I had a crush on in chatbox and Adam told me to show him my tits, it honestly wouldn't phase me at all. Looking back in the archives I see it's obviously in the context of a joke. A lot of guys around here have gotten away with saying much worse.
    Yup, there were guys (and girls -Amber anyone) saying seriously hardcore and hostile shit and Fi folks didn't say a word. Many folks are also super offended on the internet, but then date total douches irl, because they secretly are turned on by sketchy dudes. It's all cool, but double standards are annoying.

I'm all for freedom of speech and find Adam's joke extremely lightweight, just a generic joke that everybody uses. Even if he said "show me your tits" in another context, it would be whatever - it's not like we're at a bussiness meeting here.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There must be something in the air that's making people feel extra triggered latley. It's happening irl too.
    Trump's America.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relax, stop trying so hard to be edgy, it makes you boring. One trick pony.
    I was thinking the same thing of Adam actually: his comment was so completely out of left field like he's trying a bit too hard.

Anyway, i don't want people to address me in such terms as to tell me to show tits in places. IRL people don't do that so i'd rather they didn't here either.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Saying "show me your tits" to a woman is an asinine thing to say.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

He said "Show him [her crush] your tits." fyi

That was the joke.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    Saying "show me your tits" to a woman is an asinine thing to say.
    what the fuck is this sjw bullshit. why are you spitting in my face and saying "communism is god?" please stop.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Joke or no joke, it's immature, like high school locker room badger.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what the fuck is this sjw bullshit. why are you spitting in my face and saying "communism is god?" please stop.
    Yes, equality is so 20th century. Inequality is the new retro.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast