Thread: Gamma derail

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    ugh just ban everyone on the forum already we're in desperate need of a universal timeout
    But first the whole forum needs to be typed as ESI.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-26-2017 at 02:03 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Just the shorter way of saying it.

Im a lot cooler with people that put things out there and are confrontable. Like if one of the people you mentioned says something sexist I could make a remark about it or have a debate with them about it and and it would make sense, others would see where I was coming from, they would be honest, it would all be on the up and up. When things fly under the radar more, or it's subtle but most people don't see it and I look "crazy" for pointing it out, the person lacks self awareness or is underhanded, that's when it gets under my skin. It might not be entirely fair or whatever, in a Ti way, but maybe that helps to understand it and you could probably see the people that piss me off vs don't falling along those lines.
    Same. The chatbox comment is more of a symptom than anything and it's not about bad humor, but about a general way of talking about and to women that is more subtly problematic (to me) than Bane or Hitta-style humor - they don't deflect or gas-light when being called out on it.

Adam's responses to me in this thread illustrate what I am talking about - ignore the criticism and underhandedly attacking/mocking me using personal information. And it's all very gendered to me.

In any case, I am more disappointed than anything because I was willing to consider that Adam lacks self-awareness and wanted to point that out (in my "tone-deaf" comment), but his response just proves that there IS a vicious side to all of this that I don't want to further engage with.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I do get out of hand when I'm frustrated that people think I'm just hateful at someone for no reason or something, like I'm not trying to do some pr burn the witch thing from my perspective i just want to uncover what is obvious to me and get people to not think I'm delusional or something....but it more or less manifests as witch hunt behavior in actual practice and it always backfires on me anyway and does make me look crazy lol. My point is: point taken.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    ugh just ban everyone on the forum already we're in desperate need of a universal timeout
    The forum needs a spanking.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post

It wasn't addressed at you, since I don't know you. It was a general thing that I have observed in several Fi egos on this forum and it has always bothered me. I believe you that you get offended by everybody equally : D That doesn't change the fact that imo this thread is a ridiculous overraction to a lame joke. While you could call it sexist and react to that if you're not a fan of sexual jokes, I don't get how you could take a personal offense to that - as if it was a vicious attack on your person. To make a whole thread about this incident like you were almost raped is bizzare. Unless something illegal is happening, you're the one that is responsible for your feelings of hurt. You can't expect the whole world to adjust to your level of sensitivity. Ok, you were offended and think Adam is an asshole, it is what it is, but that doesn't mean that he's obliged to apologize to you or that we all have to play by your rules of interaction so you don't get hurt. The world is full of different people, many of them love that kind of playful banter even from total strangers because it loosens the interaction and makes it more fun. So it's impossible to take every individual in account, we can just set the border on legal/illegal so thinks don't go too far and for any other feelings of hurt that arise that's not a collective problem. Simply not liking something doesn't make it legit.

Soon you won't be able to say anything without somebody going crazy. "I'm pregnant, I'm so happy" - how dare you, you privileged person, I'm infertile, have you any idea how triggering this is. You always need to take infertile people into account." "Sex is a very important part of a relationship" - How dare you, what about asexuals - so they can't have meaningful relationships? " I would never date a guy who doesn't drive a car"- How dare you, epileptic people can't drive cars, stop discriminating against them. "It's hot when my bf is jealous and asks me who I'm going out with" - Run, girl. RUN. He's an abusive controlling asshole and this is clearly a toxic relationship. You don't know what is good for you, you are being brainwashed, ... .Just simply disagreeing with someone lately triggers people and everybody has a need for "safe space", like they were at least a victim of gang bang rape in Rwanda. Gmafb.

This is a general rant against radical sjw people btw, I don't think you're that extreme.
    Well, I respect your opinion and taking the time to explain. For me personally, and considering adam's responses on this thread, i'm glad i addressed it publicly and not in PM. You seem a bit keen to shush things from my point of view.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well, I respect your opinion and taking the time to explain. For me personally, and considering adam's responses on this thread, i'm glad i addressed it publicly and not in PM. You seem a bit keen to shush things from my point of view.
    Yes, I agree. I don't really get the "let's sweep it all under the rug and pretend it's not there" kind of reaction. Be out with it, solve the problem and move on is my opinion and preferred approach.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default I'll put it in an Fi way.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    His eyes are softer than mine.

Adam in the Clean Room: https://i.imgur.com/UjAfL5X.jpg
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-27-2017 at 05:47 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    The forum needs a spanking.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    His eyes are softer than mine.

Adam in the Clean Room: https://i.imgur.com/UjAfL5X.jpg
    handsome mofo

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugcat View Post

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    Lol.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fuck, this thread simply refuses to die honorably.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think it's almost done. Threads w drama always dribble off slowly w people trying to keep it alive w little jokes and stuff. I dunno if it happens this way on other forums too.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol lungs are you measuring longevity of threads?

well delta has the delta lounge, a place designated pre-use. gamma can have the gamma derail, an off-shoot of real experience conflicts or better renegotiations on various levels.

ETA even though i tend to think that gamma moves on to new venues after the place has served its purpose
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-27-2017 at 11:29 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    I've thought about this, but I'm just gonna let it run. What the hell, right?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've thought about this, but I'm just gonna let it run. What the hell, right?
    Friends speak for you but, real friends troll you (and you know it )

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011