TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nip/Tuck

let's type some of the characters...

http://www.perfect-lie.net/maincast.php (spoilers)

some ideas...

Christian Troy: ENxj... Peter thought maybe ISTj. I can see why he could be seen as a Se type, but I don't think he has genuinely strong Se.
    Sean Mcnamara: I'm stumped. He seems to value Fi and comes off like a Fi type in some ways... but he's SO stupid when it comes to Fi matters. In my mind right now he could be pretty much any type. Something about him seems Delta, but he's Christian's best friend, so I dunno. If Christian is ENTj, it could make sense.
    Julia Mcnamara: ISFj
    Liz Cruz: prolly my favorite character... INTp
    Kimber Henry: IxFp
    Matt Mcnamara: another mystery... some ethical type
    Megan O'Hara: INTp I think... maybe INFj? It's hard to tell because we meet her during a life crisis.
    Merril Bobolit: ENFj?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, upon talking to Peter about it and watching a bit more Nip/Tuck, Christian is definitely ENTj. I am pretty sure Sean is Delta.
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I don't like that show, I watched it the other night and I felt really dirty and disgusted it was weird. Because normally....sex and debotchery don't bother me like that...I don't know it was just depressing. I hate cheating and that happened in it. And...ugh I don't know lol I'll probably watch it again because I'm a masocist

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt the same and stopped watching it I believe in the second season, but before that I watched it regularly. Peter saw a commercial for it and decided to download it inspite of my warnings that it's like, the most fucked up disgusting show ever. Of course, I'm watching it with him. We just finished season one.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, having seen more episodes:

Christian Troy: ENTj
    Sean Mcnamara: ESTj
    Julia Mcnamara: ISFj
    Liz Cruz: INTp
    Kimber Henry: INFp (ISFp is still a *slight* possibility)
    Matt Mcnamara: ESFp
    Megan O'Hara: INFj
    Merril Bobolit: ENFj

the dynamics of the drama make a lot of sense
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I don't feel awkward watching, but if I watch it on Tuesday night (when it comes on) I can't have sex that night. It just feels wrong.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're only a few episodes into season two
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nip/Tuck is the shit. I've been insanely busy lately but I've still managed to watch the first two seasons. I see that we share the same taste in television Joy - not surprising.

I agree with most of your choices, especially Sean, Julia and Megan O'Hara. Sean gives off a strong Delta vibe, and he is very caring but doesn't know what to do with his feelings. Julia reminds me so much of my ISFj ex its uncanny. Although we don't get to see a lot of her, it makes a lot of sense that Megan O'Hara is an INFj. She has that calm purposeful INFj vibe. As Sean's dual she gives him what he can't get from Julia. Did you see that episode about Julia's alternate life? Haha ridiculousness. I also think that Kimber Henry is an INFp. She seems to have that lack-of-common sense unrealisitic but idealistic vibe, and is very passionate. She also gets into relationships for money or other practical reasons, which is something that I have seen INFps do. I'm not so sure about Liz and Merril, I haven't seen enough of them to get a good feel.

What makes you think Christian is an ENTj? He has a good business sense and seems to be a very goal orientated person, and it would make the dynamics work out well that he is Julia's dual. However my first guess was ESTp or ESFp. His charm and smooth talking abilities seem to be his main strength. His type definately warrants more discussion.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not really charming... he's just a womanizer and it only works because he's hot and has lots of money. Peter and I talked about his type a lot and we agree that he's not Se dominant... it's just his 6th function pretending to be strong. He's a very unhealthy individual. I also think he values Fi > Fe. Have you ever seen him respond positively to Fe? He seems to get a defensive and almost condescending attitude with Fe people. He clearly responds positively to Fi. He doesn't seem to have strong Fi though.

How far into it are you? We're at the end of season 3. At first Sean was the one who was always wanting to do free surgeries for people who needed but couldn't afford them and was *very* concerned with being moral. He would look to Julia for advice on whether or not he should do things. He had left the practice for a little bit, and in his absense, Christian began to take on the attitude he had ridiculed Sean for. He clearly searches for Fi solutions, both in that circumstance as well as many other circumstances throughout seasons 2 and 3.

Kimber is INFp (though there are things that don't fit, but I think the show was written from a Gamma perspective, so it's understandable that her character wouldn't be as consistant as others), and I can definitely see them in a supervisory relationship. I won't get into it anymore without knowing how far into it you are.

And Matt is SOOO ESFp.
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha don't ruin it for me! I'm about to finish the second season. It'll probably take me a week to get to where you are.

As far as Christian goes I agree that he's a very unhealthy individual. There are a lot of things about him that I can see are similar to myself, but something about him just seems un-ENTj like. I'll keep an open mind as I watch the rest of the show and see what conclusions I can draw. I have a tendency to shut off my brain while I watch the show because its my only source of relaxation in an otherwise extremely busy life.

And yes Christian is the MAN.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deleted parts of the thread in case you hadn't seen all of it yet. I am pretty cautious about spoilers (being an anime fan and all), but the part I mentioned about Sean leaving the practice is a pretty insignificant plot point, just him being an idiot like he often does.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nip/Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Sean Mcnamara
    There was this kid that used to go to my school with this exact name, and he was a clear-cut ISTp, subtype.

Just thought I'd point that out.
    I wonder if he's seen the show
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I havn't watched it enough to see Kimber but lolz her RL name is Kelly

She looks like she'd play an annoying/bad/negative character >_> (googled her)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian in my opinion is a very disturbed ISTP. And I had no difficulty deciding on his type, I always find ISTP the most interesting of types. They're so freaking cool! I want more T!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Nip/Tuck

Type them:

Sean
    Christian
    Liz
    Julia
    Matt
    Kimber (Kymber?)
    Olivia
    Eden
    Dawn (haha)
    Colleen

and so on

NB: This was my least favorite season. There were too many holes and inconsistencies. But there were some fabulous things of course, like always.
    You gotta love the stuffed agent who came out of the closet twice in one day.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sean: LSE
    Christian: a fucked up LIE
    Liz: ILI
    Julia: ESI
    Matt: SEE
    Kimber: IEI
    Olivia: ExTx-ish? EJ-ish?
    Eden: SLE
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the season is done. I think they're continuing it in the summer. I liked this season a lot, because it was very trashy and over-the-top, which is that the show is all about.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    I don't think the season is done. I think they're continuing it in the summer. I liked this season a lot, because it was very trashy and over-the-top, which is that the show is all about.
    I liked the trashy parts (like granny and her young guy, Colleen stuffing the guy, Matt and Emmy, etc.), but the family reunion didn't work for me. The transition was too choppy. I still enjoyed it. Hearts and Scalpels surely had its moments and the reality tv episode was fantastic. As long as there is Christian, there is entertainment.

Perhaps I just miss the Carver...Eden can't quite make up for him.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious as to what Eden told Olivia.
    SEE