Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of initial impressions do you get from EIIs/INFjs??

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What kind of initial impressions do you get from EIIs/INFjs??

"What kind of initial impressions do you get from EIIs?"

Someone dropped that question in a discussion so I figure I'll put it here as well.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That's such a huge variety. But they generally seem superficially removed from trouble and some undercurrent of benevolence. Basically the opposite impression of sle. Not reckless or openly confrontational for sport. Why...Who's Interested in such stereotypical remarks? There is a profile somewhere that uses a phrase like this, ' eii seem to believe the world needs them to be calm and collected , for them to offer what they have to the world. ' I think eiis have an element of reserved politeness and sense of justice from careful scrutiny.

Whether they are those things is another story
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this kind of tone of voice, absolutely

after that, its really hard to describe but its this sense of they really really want everyone to love eachother to the degree that it seems like it pains them to be alive sometimes because living is the failure and impossibility of that condition ever coming to pass. so they just sort of sit there and take it and it feels like at least half of them is dealing with that at any given time so you rarely get access to more

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a maybe EII, I can confirm that life often disappoints me and I'm overwhelmed by the negativity in the world. Violence against neighbours. Natural disasters. Cruel diseases. Our minds turning against us...I do really really want everyone to get on and the natural elements and society to be harmonious together. I spend a lot of time brooding on the subject that 'life isn't perfect or makes sense'. So I guess you are onto something about us giving off a sense of being preoccupied and 'suffering' @Bertrand

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The EIIs I've seen interacting in this group seem so genuinely warm and encouraging, though are often not big on posting long arguing walls of texts. Tend to defer to other members and will insert hesitant and apologetic statements I.e. 'Please don't take me at face value, I am just sharing my own views that may not even be objectively correct for all, but for me this matters'. Also have a definite wry sense of humour and seem to fade away in the other groups aka Alpha, Beta, Gamma, yet here I've notifced tend to be more openly playful and sharing insights.

Though this may be a quadra thing in that each type is the most open and seeking connections in their 'home turf'

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think some of what has been said is dipping into ... idk, enneagram 4 stuff.

Not all EIIs are stewing in their depression about how hard the world is. Some of that is a bit beta emo IMO. Sure, some EII are that way, too, but they seem to be more focused on acquiring information on what to do about things rather than engulfed by the emotions, when they are healthy anyway. . .

Honestly, I don' think this topic is very helpful, as it goes into the thought catalogue realm of WHAT DO TYPES APPEAR LIKE ?!!?!?!?!
    But it was a question that someone asked for real, so,...... discussion is here, I guess.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh I agree the "stewing in depression about how bad the world is" thing is more of an unhealthy EII thing. But mental health isn't a permanent state. It can fluctuate from day to day or change over longer periods of time. My EII BFF was absolutely nuts about the recent U.S. presidential election and all the politics that went with it. She was consumed by news, conspiracy theories, and the hopelessness of the U.S. political environment. Now she still thinks the world's a bit rubbish, but she's happily distracted by being productive w work and friends and heading off to med school soon. (She was at home w her parents, working on med school applications and not doing "work work" when she was fixated on the negative aspects of the world.) It's not that she doesn't care about the world anymore, but that she is focusing on what she can actually do about it.

Hmmmm my initial impression of an EII is usually that they're really sweet or gentle, non-judgmental and easy to talk to. I actually recently met a buttload of new EIIs in an improv class, so I'm trying to think of what I thought of them at first.
    EII 1 - I missed the first week of this class, but this one guy helped to include me in the group quickly. On the more overtly friendly side for an EII. =)
    EII 2 - SO ADORABLE. So self-effacing and gentle, but really talented, which makes his modesty even more impressive.
    EII 3 - On the quieter side for an improviser, like I am, so I figured we would get along. Her demeanor is quite reserved, but she's actually a total badass. It's insane how badass she is.

I guess it depends on what we're focused on. If something bad recently happened, that causes us to doubt the intentions of the universe/challenges our worldview that people are inherently good, then we might have that pensive suffering look, but if we're just going about our business, feeling productive and being social, we have more of the calm aura.

I think people's initial impression of me is that I'm aloof, but really it's just that I don't have a good sense of when to chime in during a conversation with more than 2 or 3 people. Don't want to interrupt anyone.

Edit: actually I lied, that's my current impression of EII 2. My first impression of him was that he looks a lot like the LSE I dated for a while, so I kept expecting him to behave similarly, and I kept being surprised when he didn't.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-31-2017 at 03:38 AM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mild, sensitive, quite voice, fragile, uptight, reserved, understanding, deep, mousy.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I'm under no illusion that I'm an unhealthy 'whatever type'. I guess that's why typology has been harder :/

Anyways I think the actress Mia Wasikowska (Alice from Alice in Wonderland) is said to be EII. So I suppose she's an example of what one looks like, in the media. Though there's little publicity about her which is refreshing for a young actress these days
    Last edited by justalitnerdxx; 07-31-2017 at 06:41 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    Yeh I agree the "stewing in depression about how bad the world is" thing is more of an unhealthy EII thing. But mental health isn't a permanent state. It can fluctuate from day to day or change over longer periods of time. My EII BFF was absolutely nuts about the recent U.S. presidential election and all the politics that went with it. She was consumed by news, conspiracy theories, and the hopelessness of the U.S. political environment. Now she still thinks the world's a bit rubbish, but she's happily distracted by being productive w work and friends and heading off to med school soon. (She was at home w her parents, working on med school applications and not doing "work work" when she was fixated on the negative aspects of the world.) It's not that she doesn't care about the world anymore, but that she is focusing on what she can actually do about it.
    Tell her that her dual says to guard her energy and stay away from problematic people and energy drains.
    - Be sure to use Dual , it's even better if she knows nothing about socionics
    - Be sure to tell the dual said "even if it means staying away from [Economist]
    - And bonus points because economics is "the dismal science", so she should really stay away from you, imo.

Hmmmm my initial impression of an EII is usually that they're really sweet or gentle, non-judgmental and easy to talk to. I actually recently met a buttload of new EIIs in an improv class, so I'm trying to think of what I thought of them at first.
    EII 1 - I missed the first week of this class, but this one guy helped to include me in the group quickly. On the more overtly friendly side for an EII. =)
    EII 2 - SO ADORABLE. So self-effacing and gentle, but really talented, which makes his modesty even more impressive.
    EII 3 - On the quieter side for an improviser, like I am, so I figured we would get along. Her demeanor is quite reserved, but she's actually a total badass. It's insane how badass she is.
    Improve and EIIs? I'll have to check it out.
    But I probably won't.

I guess it depends on what we're focused on. If something bad recently happened, that causes us to doubt the intentions of the universe/challenges our worldview that people are inherently good, then we might have that pensive suffering look, but if we're just going about our business, feeling productive and being social, we have more of the calm aura.

I think people's initial impression of me is that I'm aloof, but really it's just that I don't have a good sense of when to chime in during a conversation with more than 2 or 3 people. Don't want to interrupt anyone.

Edit: actually I lied, that's my current impression of EII 2. My first impression of him was that he looks a lot like the LSE I dated for a while, so I kept expecting him to behave similarly, and I kept being surprised when he didn't.
    Yes, I've noticed this with EIIs.
    Thankfully I've become very good at identifying it and engaging them inspite of it. My advanced Fe training paying off, mhm. (*comment about how Bold Functions are an interesting concept, and a useful one imo*)

For lying, you will have to take a penance, however.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Mild, sensitive, quite voice, fragile, uptight, reserved, understanding, deep, mousy.
    Add "bookish" to that list and it would be very good.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Tell her that her dual says to guard her energy and stay away from problematic people and energy drains.
    - Be sure to use Dual , it's even better if she knows nothing about socionics
    - Be sure to tell the dual said "even if it means staying away from [Economist]
    - And bonus points because economics is "the dismal science", so she should really stay away from you, imo.

Yes, I've noticed this with EIIs.
    Thankfully I've become very good at identifying it and engaging them inspite of it. My advanced Fe training paying off, mhm. (*comment about how Bold Functions are an interesting concept, and a useful one imo*)
    Thank you. What are Bold Functions?

For lying, you will have to take a penance, however.
    Do you have something specific in mind?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Economist

bold functions are all extroverted elements for extratims
    and introverted elements for introtims.

Supposedly you are more likely to 'take risks' in those areas which are bold.

There are some descriptions elsewhere. I forget if this is from classical socionics or not, I think it might be.

And we'll see, about the last item

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretentious
    Stuck up
    Wise
    Intelligent
    Sees through others incredibly well as long as they keep their Fi in check
    Moral (to the point of annoyance)
    Helps the vulnerable as long as the vulnerable isn't a smelly beta

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'd love helping betas but they usually run away exasperated!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

kind, soft, intelligent, quiet

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bnd View Post
    Pretentious
    Stuck up
    Wise
    Intelligent
    Sees through others incredibly well as long as they keep their Fi in check
    Moral (to the point of annoyance)
    Helps the vulnerable as long as the vulnerable isn't a smelly beta
    LOL sounds like a pretty good summary

TIM
    IXXp 639 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far the only impressions I've consistently received comments on from others is how serious, inocuous, and stealthy I seem.

Oh, and a lot of time I'm simply spacing out but they get this idea that I'm broody as well.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well they're mostly shy, and they seem like they hate you. but actually not lol.

They're nice friends actually. (healthy types)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ahhh.. Their impressions of me? Lol xD

Okay. I don't really ask.

But i have an eii guy friend who i met online and we had skype video chat before.

Well, he likes me and he sees I'm positive and he said, he's comfortable talking with me.. And, he actually trusts me lol.

He's not judgemental over my stupid behaviors like ex: buying a dildo, etc.

And uhm, i was actually telling him I'm an introvert and he doesn't believe it hahahaha xD

He likes me. So i guess that's cool.

Then on the other forum, some eii likes me and they tell me I'm awesome lolololololol xD

I wonder why some eii likes me. haha.

They think I'm cool 😎 lololololol.

And they always flattering me xD

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wait.. I'm confused about the question for real. 🤔

Impressions came from Eii?

Or impressions to eii?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're calm, somewhat aloof and quiet in the beginning. That is, until the most dangerous thing happens: they realize you can be trusted. Then their mouth opens. All the humor and giggling pours out. It doesn't stop! It never stops! Lol. They're often self contained. They can entertain themselves but will also kid around with me about absurd things.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
    They're calm, somewhat aloof and quiet in the beginning. That is, until the most dangerous thing happens: they realize you can be trusted. Then their mouth opens. All the humor and giggling pours out. It doesn't stop! It never stops! Lol. They're often self contained. They can entertain themselves but will also kid around with me about absurd things.
    Hilarious thanks. I can see that side of it. With The INTj being all serious and analytic, and it calls for our irrationality and dumbness. Sorry that you have to deal with that.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial impression:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a new thing to add is sometimes I have seen them appearing awkawrdly analytical , in an out of place sense. Kind of like, Ti-Role /weak Se silliness.
    It's actually somewhat activating for me, as in, it tends to cause me to enter a situation to try to clarify things.
    I think it's the same when I am acting rather queer about my emotiveness, and they sort of frown and want me to speak more simply.

I think these things happen more so when there is exploration of unfamiliar territory, especially socially.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I saw an EII walking her pitbull in front of my house today, so I had to talk to her.
    I thought the pitbull was a great analogy for an LSE, and she was mastering it superbly. She said it wanted to stay in the park to play, but she just started walking away and he followed her.
    So cute.

I asked her if she knew MBTI, and she said she did. She said her present BF was among the best matches, according to MBTI, much better than her previous BF. (But neither were LSE's.)

I asked her how she ditched her last BF. She said, "Oh, I cheated on him. That did it."
    I laughed and laughed. Since she's not dualized, she has to be the asshole.

Duality or GTFO.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing my type guinea pigs today.

Study 1
    I tell the EII, you look REALLY angry, why are you so angry, you're ANGRY.
    She laughs, do I Scarper? do I look ANGRY?

Study 2
    I tell the SEI, you look ANGRY
    Right away: What? I'm not angry, what do you mean? I'm not angry, I've had my lunch, i've been shopping ...

Heheheh

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of divine blessing, but only sometimes

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A prudish, moralizing open-borders activist who almost always follows a strict organic, gluten-free, dairy-free vegan diet. She is usually heavily in debt due to her marijuana dependence, probably had a few trains run on her in college, and in the interests of equality at least one of these will have been interracial. EII women are therefore a significant reservoir of herpes.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 12-20-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    A prudish, moralizing open-borders activist who almost always follows a strict organic, gluten-free, dairy-free vegan diet. She is usually heavily in debt due to her marijuana dependence, probably had a few trains run on her in college, and in the interests of equality at least one of these will have been interracial. EII women are therefore a significant reservoir of herpes.
    Prudes with STDs. . . that's a neat trick

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Prudes with STDs. . . that's a neat trick
    Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scary?

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    The moralizing stuff is more likely ESI > EII which is a result of their pedantic short-sightedness than anything. Try EIE for those objective mainstream morals too.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some of them are very shaky when it comes to .

They take it as an indicator of yourself. Something that you might have deep commitments towards.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

mistaking Ti trolling statements for Fi commitments is busch league, its once you realize that that sort of trolling is itself a form of ethical orientation toward the world, that EII judges; but its not so much with harshness its more like with pity, and a part of that is just avoiding participation in that dynamic as a matter of taste. and I think ILE would like to litigate that point, but they can't really and I think that being forever outside the scope of what their technique can reach sort of bothers them which is what leads to these sort of invitations to "clarify" what exactly the EII understands. the point here is EII understands quite a bit. SEI seems to transform that pity (condescension?) into tangible care which is good for the parties involved, so God bless them

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some of those are taken as that.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I never actually met one. Most of them were proven to be mistyped in the end (or at least I hope they were, because I refuse to believe that EIIs can act as such- They seemed rather SEI). Would like to meet a real fairy boy/girl EII one day.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't they live beneath mushrooms in some enchanted forest or some shit?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Don't they live beneath mushrooms in some enchanted forest or some shit?
    No, that's silly.

Everyone knows they live *inside* the mushroom.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They are those creatures that are well, quiet, internally reactive, subjective, aloof, and some say (when they manage to get close to one) empathetic.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast