Thread: Obscenity/Offense in Your Country

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Obscenity/Offense in Your Country

Looking for lesser-known ways of obscenity: What's (supposed to be) offensive where you live? Customs, words, behavior, gestures. Please, also explain why it is considered offensive.

In my country, offenses in traffic are especially pronounced. For instance, a very rude move is imitating a windshield wiper with one hand in front of your face signaling another's insanity. Or tipping the side of your forehead with an index finger to signal a person is an idiot, usually with the words: "Nicht mehr ganz dicht?" (are you dense?!) or "Im Oberstübchen eingebrochen" (someone broke into your head/ your head collapsed). Meaning, something's not right with their thinking obv. It is used in almost-accident situations to insult someone who wronged you I even found a German website elaborating what they charge for that and other slurs against authority like "Bullenschwein" (cop-pig).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nothing special better to take your shoes off when enter the house.
    I think there are rumours that you should go to sauna (most houses have their own sauna) when asked but I really doubt it. Not a fan of it myself. Drinking alcohol is not compulsory either even someone's habits are bit extreme. Probably it is good if you can drink several cups of coffee in a day but also not compulsory. I don't drink either. I'm very atypical person.

Probably too boisterous behaviour.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not taking shoes off when entering other's homes, cutting in line, not saying "hello" when you meet someone in the mountains...We're not very polite, so we don't have lots of rules.

We're very impatient drivers with serious road rage, so we constantly drive just behind other cars, honk agressively, flash lights, give the middle finger and shout obscenities.

When we want to offend someone we have a saying: "I'm fucking your mother" - we use this a lot (both sexes), but you can expect to get punched after it because it's a big offense. Men in general bring up mothers and sisters a lot.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Not taking shoes off when entering other's homes, cutting in line, not saying "hello" when you meet someone in the mountains...We're not very polite, so we don't have lots of rules.

We're very impatient drivers with serious road rage, so we constantly drive just behind other cars, honk agressively, flash lights, give the middle finger and shout obscenities.

When we want to offend someone we have a saying: "I'm fucking your mother" - we use this a lot (both sexes), but you can expect to get punched after it because it's a big offense. Men in general bring up mothers and sisters a lot.
    That is very similar if not exactly the same as my country. Where are you from - somewhere in Eastern Europe, right?
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    That is very similar if not exactly the same as my country. Where are you from - somewhere in Eastern Europe, right?
    Yeah, Slovenia. And where are you from : )?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Patriarchy worldwide! Calling Mr. 305!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Slovenia. And where are you from : )?
    Bosnia

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Lessons View Post
    Bosnia
    Lmao, a lot of things make sense now we simply copied all those nasty insults from you guys ; ). More importantly, why was I convinced you were american the whole time?!

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao, a lot of things make sense now we simply copied all those nasty insults from you guys ; ). More importantly, why was I convinced you were american the whole time?!
    Well, I grew up in America so that's why I blend in easily.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm my town: Homosexuality, sexuality in general. Anything too liberal or art like. Its quite conservative, trump stickers everywhere but not as much as the south. A few ppl are faggy and liberal like but not many.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, there is a very complex social code here (Delta NF/SJ society), much of which as a Beta annoys me beyond belief. Here are a few things that spring to mind:

A very strong tendency to repress emotion and understate intentions. Directness is avoided.
    E.g. "I'm a little bit frustrated" = "I'm very fucked off."
    "I might have a slice of cake" = "I want cake."

You are expected to offer to do favours for people or give them gifts. They are of course expected to politely refuse your offers (but may not, which can be awkward).
    E.g. "Can I pay for you?"
    "No, I'm fine thank you."
    (sane people would end at this point, however it would be oh so rude (!) not to make sure...)
    "Honestly it's not a problem, are you are sure?"
    "No, I'm fine thank you."

Unlike Australia, which is very spontaneous, New Zealand has an infuriating obsession with doing things "the right way". You just cannot start eating food before everyone has arrived - even if this means that the food gets cold. It is also assumed that you will offer to help your host without being asked, so if you are invited as a guest to a party, you will be tidying and cleaning the house afterwards. The locals won't tell you this before, of course, because they assume it's self-evident. Just remember, resentment will quickly develop if you don't melt in. People here are allergic to other forms of gratitude, such as physical touch and affirmations.

New Zealanders also have a strong, reflexive dislike of trollish, brash, intense or emotionally dramatic behaviour, are averse to radical change (well, radical anything) and are often afraid of being locked into a romantic commitment. People who "stand out" by their appearance or behaviour are therefore generally mistrusted, and withdrawn from. Intimacy in public is strongly frowned upon and it is very difficult to approach a woman in a bar or a cafe. You must get a reference through her social circle or be around her through common interests. However, as the women here are in general so frigid and ugly, many men now see little point in bothering and just move to Australia.

You'll fit in well here if you are:
    Delta Quadra (EII, IEE, SLI, LSE)
    Enneagram 6 or 9
    SX-last

But avoid, avoid, avoid if you are:
    Beta Quadra (EIE, IEI, LSI, SLE)
    Enneagram 3 or 8
    SX-first
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-21-2017 at 11:41 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not greeting neighbors, not greeting people on offroad / mountain paths, being slow while driving or generally being slow at thinking or speaking (major offense), being too formal with others can also be perceived as an offense, trying to cheat while playing cards / playing in generally. Generally anything going even slightly wrong can produce a major rampage against god, your mother, your sister, your neighbors and so on.

Typical offenses include "to mare omo" (your mother is a man), "ti e i to morti cani" (you and your dog-like dead relatives), va in mona (not that strong, "go inside a pussy with your head"), va in figa dea madonna (go inside the pussy of virgin mary), vara che goldon (look, he's a used condom)

Example of a typical quarrel:

Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    not greeting neighbors, not greeting people on offroad
    There are people people in every country who think that wandering around in your thoughts and not paying attention to environment is the rudest thing ever.

I do this a lot like 99 % of the time. Maybe I should visit there.

Introverted thinkers in Italy are murdered by mafia?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not greeting neighbors, not greeting people on offroad / mountain paths, being slow while driving or generally being slow at thinking or speaking (major offense), being too formal with others can also be perceived as an offense, trying to cheat while playing cards / playing in generally. Generally anything going even slightly wrong can produce a major rampage against god, your mother, your sister, your neighbors and so on.

Typical offenses include "to mare omo" (your mother is a man), "ti e i to morti cani" (you and your dog-like dead relatives), va in mona (not that strong, "go inside a pussy with your head"), va in figa dea madonna (go inside the pussy of virgin mary), vara che goldon (look, he's a used condom)

Example of a typical quarrel:

With those kind of vibes, I feel like I wouldn't fit in too badly, haha. The description you gave seems vaguely EIE-ish (some combination of Fe and Se).

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    There are people people in every country who think that wandering around in your thoughts and not paying attention to environment is the rudest thing ever.

I do this a lot like 99 % of the time. Maybe I should visit there.

Introverted thinkers in Italy are murdered by mafia?
    lol. I think most people can tell you´re not doing it purposefully and don´t mind.

except ESIs. They can tell, but they still get pissed off

Anyway I was mostly talking about my home region (north-east), I think people in the south are a bit less type-A.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finns are pretty easy going and down to earth. But its rude to demand too much attention and to talk too much to strangers. You have to keep distance in some situations.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing special better to take your shoes off when enter the house.
    But the upper class keeps their shoes on indoors. That's how I've understood it. At least in the old days. That's very unhygienic, though.

My grandmother was bourgeois. As a kid we visited her with my parents and she always greeted us with the words "keep your shoes on, please, no, you don't have to take your shoes off." Every single time.

My profile picture is of my grandmothers parents. I'm sure they kept their shoes on. At least it looks like their style in the picture.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol. I think most people can tell you´re not doing it purposefully and don´t mind.

except ESIs. They can tell, but they still get pissed off

Anyway I was mostly talking about my home region (north-east), I think people in the south are a bit less type-A.
    ILE's eyes often seem blurry, as if they are looking through a mist or haze, poorly recognizing what's happening around. This look seems cold, lacking in emotion or passion.
    I had ESI neighbour that lived across the floor..
    Conflict at first "sight" as I walked past him not noticing him. In army (compulsory deal but shorter this way if you play it right) there were 2 ESIs in the same room...
    Apparently I didn't breath the right way according to one's opinion etc.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    But the upper class keeps their shoes on indoors. That's how I've understood it. At least in the old days. That's very unhygienic, though.

My grandmother was bourgeois. As a kid we visited her with my parents and she always greeted us with the words "keep your shoes on, please, no, you don't have to take your shoes off." Every single time.

My profile picture is of my grandmothers parents. I'm sure they kept their shoes on. At least it looks like their style in the picture.
    Depends on the occasion.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the occasion.
    Yes. But some people always have something on their feet outside the socks. It just hit me. One can always change shoes and have indoor shoes.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen

lol, most of that stuff sounds good for me as long as you really mean it.

Anyway, I'm against forcing ppl to do things that they don't really want or speaking unnecessarily long sentences.

This part is specially good for me since I dislike being approached like that (its annoying), and I wouldn't do it myself and I see it often in people as despicable trait

it is very difficult to approach a woman in a bar or a cafe. You must get a reference through her social circle or be around her through common interests.
    My personal opinion is that there should be mutual interest in strangers for talking to each other, in my country nothing is against the rules, but for me is specially annoying when ppl start talking to me due romantic or sexual interest (that is evident) or asking for my phone number or personal information before caring to find out if I'm equally interested. There are tons of ways to knowing if someone is interested like corporal language imo.

However I'm SLI 9 but sx first.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is offensive in the country of

Kazakhstan?

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, driving edecate is really bad here. People have stopped, put on their turn signal, and then cut across traffic in the wrong lane. Typically, flipping people off and the f word are common, but not honking. It is weird.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko